main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm here because I was told there would be cookies.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Only if you join the Dark Side of the Force!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  3. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Darn... Now I'm tempted. Hehe

4. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    It is unavoidable, it is your destiny

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That won't be a problem.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I must fight it! Must... fight... the urge to... get cookies!

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I usually end of getting the charging case for my

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Take along something to ward off the con crud as well. Some people recommended Emergen-C in the last Celebration social thread. I took zinc/vitamin C tablets to the last London one. Still got the crud but it didn't seem as bad. Also in London backpacks had to be searched separately as part of the entry process. After the first day my partner and I left the backpacks at the hotel and took some plastic shopping bags in our pockets for stuff we picked up/bought.

9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, you do not want to get sick before or at Cele.! start taking the Zinc-Emergen-C before and during Cele. make sure to bring anti-bacterial wipes and wash your hands frequently. Make sure you have comfortable shoes,a very important item! backpacks should not be a problem unless more security rules have been applied. have $$$ !,

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can concur on the shoes. This isn't the time to be breaking in a new pair. Last London Celebration I wore trekking sandals all three days (it was in July) and they were fine. This also isn't the time to wear high heels unless you are wearing a costume that demands it (in which case I'd have shoes to change into for relief). Also scout out the territory around your hotel for ATMs. Our venue (ExCel) had them but the lines could be long. Best to get $$$ ahead of time or use plastic if the vendors will accept it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Don't wear all white ones either. I'll have to find a picture of my super white Nike's that I wore to Orlando. I destroyed near brand new shoes.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I pretty much destroyed the trekking sandals also but they weren't new. They're still OK for stuff around home but the inner soles are shot due to my sweating feet. At least they are brown so dirt isn't as much of an issue.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    There were gray at the end of the week. I think sleeping in the line overnight really did them in.
    [​IMG]

14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Eeek! those are glowing! were you able to get them back to the "light side" when you got home? they look very comfortable though. next time, bring some "water shoes" with you to change into if they ever have anymore overnights and you want to camp out again.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No they were trashed. I think at some point I actually dropped a piece of hotdog on them and they never recovered.

16. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Eeek! deadly Cele. hot dogs! I'm thinking about some shoes to wear next year,but they won't be nice white ones! I'm so sorry about the loss of those "light side" shoes! they seemed to have slipped to the "dark side" a bit! Have you seen people at airports with gleaming new shoes? I have and am wondering, where are they going? I wear a broken in pair and change into water shoes on the plane. I still have a pair of Nike's I wore for Cele. 5 in Orlando.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I’m a total shoe guy too. I usually take really good care of my shoes but me and my wife have an agreement. If we buy new shoes you have to get rid of a pair.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I’m a total shoe guy too. I usually take really good care of my shoes but me and my wife have an agreement. If we buy new shoes you have to get rid of a pair.

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm a small collectr of a specific brand (Irregular Choice, but I missed their SW line :_|) but I'm actually using them and refuse to treat them as collectibles. I have bought pairs that are a bit too high heeled for them to be comfort so I don't use them a lot.

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I loved their Star Wars shoes! Jane has a pair and they’re amazing!

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Great advice! Thanks, everyone! I'm very excited and can't wait to meet some people from the Forums here. And sorry about your shoes, @Rox. :S

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me and a friend had an idea that we would apply to host an hour of SW fashion, but now she's not sure that she can go. It would basically be the two of us chatting about SW fashion in all kinds of ways. Both of us realy like to talk, and we have quite a lot of SW items (she buys I sew) and it would be fun. There has been a collector's panel about fashion in the last Celebrations, but to be honest the host (even if she's really knowledgable) is clearly uncomfortable on stage and reads straight from her script which makes it boring. You can say a lot of things about my friend, but boring is not one of them.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I will be so disappointed if I lose the lottery for the @ChrisLyne and @MotivateR5D4 "How to Book a Hotel" panel.

25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I would have thought @ChrisLyne would have a panel on how to get in line 3 days in advance before doing a hotel panel

@MotivateR5D4's can be about how to stay up for over 48 hours straight and still have energy

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.