main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I still think the VIP-passes will go in a blink though.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Of course

ChrisLyne likes this.
  3. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Due to Peter Mayhew's passing, I assume there will be something along the lines of a tribute for him at next Celebration?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Probably. Although I don't know if he will get a tribute panel like Carrie did. I think Kenny Baker was recognized at a droids panel in Orlando.

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I was amazed (and a bit upset) that they didn't play Kenny's tribute at the 40th along with Carrie's. Hopefully they'll do something for Peter, probably at an ESB 40th panel.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I wonder what a TESB panel would look like? TPM panel was kind of underwhelming. I'd be surprised if they got Harrison to come to Celebration again and Mark may be done with cons now. Now Carrie, Baker, Kershner and Mayhew are no longer with us. Bulloch and Prowse (banned anyway) are retired. Oz has been resistant about coming to Celebration, but maybe this could be the thing to get him to do one. Could Daniels, Billy Dee and some behind the scenes folks carry it?

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd hope they'd do something for Mayhew and I'd hope Mark Hamill would attend for it. (Harrison Ford would be an extra plus).

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    You know, I have no idea. I'd hope more like the SW 40th than TPM 20th but no way of knowing. I'm just assuming there will be an ESB 40th. I guess they could also do some sort of "Saga is complete panel" which would allow it to be more like Orlando's 40th with a wider range of guests, and they could do a tribute there.

9. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Maybe this will be the push to get things rolling for the TESB panel..

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    For those in Los Angeles, How long does it take to get from LAX to Anaheim. Debating whether I should fly into LAX or into Santa Anna Airport.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    If they were to do a tribute to Peter, I really think Harrison probably would attend if invited. He seems real tore up about Peter's passing, so I wouldn't rule Harrison out for anything.

There's also the possibility, as mentioned, that they could a whole saga panel, or even a specific sequel trilogy panel. Maybe finally get Adam to attend a celebration. That'd be something.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They could also do a Mayhew tribute at SDCC or D23. Carrie's passing was four months before Celebration Orlando. There could very well be over a year between Peter's passing and Anaheim.

Gamma626, ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  14. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I am so glad I got Peter Mayhew's autograph in Chicago. I kept missing him. So sad he's gone.
    And I think I will go to Disneyland / Galaxy's Edge after Celebration Anaheim. I usually like to arrive one day early so that I can rest. Although, I plan to go more than one day, so I could go both before and after! I could arrive two days early, go to Galaxy's Edge on the Tuesday, rest on Wednesday and SW Celebration Thursday to Monday. And go again after. And I would try for the extra ticketed event, if there is one (and if that's not a lottery LOL).

Ahsoka's Tano and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Got some good news. Talking to my father, and he said that he is gonna look and see if his timeshare has any locations in Anaheim that I can use. Just have to wait for the actual dates, but if he can, that would be a tremendous saving for me...

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    With the next set of movies now confirmed for 2022/2024/2026 I guess we can definitively say the big focus next year will ESB 40th and the live action series. It's what we all expected but looks confirmed now.

Plus with final confirmation there's no movie and no date announcements yet, I think we can rule out April. Sure they announced it mid-May last year but that was largely due to May 4th being the Solo ticket sale date. May is still possible, even likely, but if we don't hear anything by the end of the month I think we're looking at a summer (or later) Celebration.

darthvader88 likes this.
  17. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    So it could be in June/July?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It could literally be any time. They tend to give (just under) a year's notice, so the later they leave the announcement the later the date is likely to be.

May has weekends that would include May 4th and May 21st (ESB's 40th). Those would both be reasonable guesses. Pre-Disney, when the event wasn't tied to a movie release, Celebrations V & VI were in August and Disney's own D23 is every other August. I'd say August would set up the potential of alternating with D23, but then I imagine they'll want to go back to April for the new trilogy Celebrations. Still a good bet for next year though.

If they don't go with one of the May weekends or take the D23 August slot then it could literally be any time. Maybe they'll want to line up with some of the live action Disney+ marketing schedules but we have no way of even guessing what that would look like. Personally I hope it isn't July/August as school holidays will make the flights more expensive

darthvader88 likes this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It could be anytime between April and December really.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  20. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Tell that to people on Facebook who are booking almost every weekend in April and beyond....

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It seems I dont need to.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    JAT just got named to Indiana Comic Con where a table photo is just $20, so my gamble of not over paying in Chicago seems to have paid off.

23. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Man, I live about 2 hrs from there. If they get more SW people I might show up. I looked at their site, it’s hard to believe Kate Beckinsale is gonna be there. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Beckinsale will probably cancel. She always does. Indiana usually doesn't do a bunch of Star Wars guests. Cincinnati already has quite a few Star Wars guests announced though.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Kate cancels quite consistently. She has problems with a stalker apparently, so she tends to dip on Cons she announces. I really hope she makes it this year as I was hoping to go and get some stuff signed by her...

JonSB and Darth Maul Apprentice like this.