main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Isn't there a clause that kicks in when the company can get a refund only a certain time before the event happens? LFL may be waiting on that time period.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    There are a lot of different clauses that might apply, and since we don't know the exact insurance for Celebration we can only speculate. I think they want to cancel, but only when they can claim that it's due to restrictions from the state in order for their insurance to kick in. If they cancel, while the state hasn't banned large gatherings they probably won't get any insurance money back.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    My hunch is the delay is more about securing new dates.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be. They don't want to secure new dates just to have to cancel again if there's another lockdown.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Unless they go years down the line, that's going to continue to be a risk. Especially if they want to try April.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Hello everyone.
    Although I had no plans in attending Celebration, I wish
    you all the best as the state regulators decide what their plans will be.
    Good, bad or indifferent there will always be another Celebration!
    As a coronavirus survivor, each and every day is a blessing.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you all again in the future.

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm so glad you're back in good health.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Glad you're feeling well again!

EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    The Force is with you ESR! you should be proud to be a survivor of this scourge! MTFBWY! I wish you very well.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    Hypatia likes this.
  11. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    That's not depressing at all.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They adjusted estimates down this evening, so that's in the right direction. It kind of goes to show though that we still don't really understand this thing. Medical experts seem to agree though that a second wave is highly likely in the fall. We should be better prepared though since our testing capacity won't be starting at zero. So it shouldn't be as devastating as the first wave, but we're not out of the woods with this thing. On the bright side, vaccine development is looking promising, so possibly by the end of the year we could have some real good news.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Let's be positive now, If this virus jumps up again in the fall, what was the trigger? I don't think it will "spike" again, just a feeling. medical science must not have this virus in their repositories if testing procedures and vaccines are not readily available! here is confusion, You have thousands of demonstrators-all over the world, out and about, wearing masks,but very close together-almost all the time, please tell me how, in one day, there are hundreds of new infections if the incubation period is 7-14 days? Did all those people immedietly run to the nearest testing facility be tested? Hmmmm.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It didn't exist before the end of last year.

It's not hundreds of new positive tests per day, it's thousands. Each day's results are a continuous look a week or two into the past. We won't know the number of people who were infected today until a week or so from now.

Hypatia and Princess_Tina like this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Keep in mind that the increase in cases happening right now is due to the reopening and events like Memorial Day that took place three weeks ago. The impact of the protests of the past week and a half have still yet to be factored in.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Exactly.

BrentC007, ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  17. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Hmmm. wonder how many of those demonstrators would want to go to Cele. and or Disneyland? I still believe the virus was "manipulated" for "ultimate" longigivity, I had a form of it several years ago, whether anyone believes it or not, I still have trouble tasting food and smelling things. When it was bad, I lost the taste and smell, didn't feel like eating, along with other symptoms, it took 6 weeks to recover and the Dr's. did not know what it was. I usually don't get a cold for several years in a row, no flu etc. whatever this was was very, very bad. it must have had basis in what's going on now. but was not that contagious. I caught it at a bookstore. conclusion- cancelled Cele. (weep) if outbreaks are supposed to be that bad.

18. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry @darthvader88, the link I had is the same. If it helps she normally updates them for each Celebration so I imagine she'll do a new one for the next event (whenever that ends up being)

20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I messaged her, so hopefully she responds. I downloaded it before but lost the PDF File..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So still no word on it being cancelled? Disney is sure waiting a long time

22. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Has anyone seen the Disney announcement that Disneyland is suppose to open on July 17 with all those restrictions-despite the "new wave" of virus victims?

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I have heard rumors that a postponement announcement is coming soon, possibly today (Friday June 12, 2020). I also noticed that the Anaheim Hilton has rooms for the event dates that are priced lower (at least $20-30 less) than the show rates. Keep your eyes peeled!

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's been 51 weeks since the tickets were released. It's easy to remember since a lot of Swedes missed tickets, since they were released on Midsummer's Eve, and Midsummer's Eve is next Friday.

Hypatia and Princess_Tina like this.