main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Who would have thought that those who missed out on tickets would be the lucky ones? :p

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Padme501st likes this.
  2. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    This was posted two days ago.
    'When will Disneyland reopen amid coronavius?- Los Angeles Times'
    "The so-called happiest place on Earth is looking to begin a phased reopening
    in July. Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will open July 17,
    pending local and state government approvals."

This was just posted 21 hours ago.
    "Online petition calls for Disneyland to reopen later than planned July 17 date,
    citing coronavirus concerns." KTLA Digital Staff

Padme501st likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd be more concerned about the people in the mass demonstrations we've seen recently spreading the virus than those at Disneyland. At least at the latter the staff could impose some order on the crowds.

4. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    What crowds? I heard there would "limited" crowds. but who knows.

5. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to spend the money and go to a theme park now under these circumstances and with such restrictions. Sounds more stressful than enjoyable, in my opinion.

Darkslayer and Princess_Tina like this.
  6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can see maybe if you're local and have an annual pass.

7. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, temperature readings, masks at all times, distancing, no parades, long stressful lines, worse than any at a Cele. limited restaurants open! no fun! think about that at Cele. if it's still on. Oh!, California heat-outside-sunburn galore!

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Aren’t most of the lines being done virtually (a bit like rise of the resistance) to ensure distancing? And the temperature reading is just for entry. But yeah, Disney without parades, fireworks and characters just loses a lot of the magic. I certainly would want to be doing an expensive international trip for that experience.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Actually I would prefer Disney that way. Now I have never been caught by the Disneyland magic, so for me it's just another fun themepark and I go for the rides and the shows, not the parades and characters. So less crowds and all virtual lines would be perfect for me. I wouldn't like to wear a mask a whole day outside in California or Florida though.

Padme501st likes this.
  10. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    You don't understand how some of these Disney Fanatics are ( Sorry for using the term). Even when it was closed and with no word on the reopening as of yet, people still did not cancel their vacations. I heard of people as soon as they announced the reopening dates, they were on the phone, scheduling bookings...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You're clearly not a true Disney fan. Turn in your fan card.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Some people here in the US have been stuck staying mostly at home for up to 3 months now, and for many apparently that has resulted in cabin fever.

Especially during the hottest months of the year. Yikes.

13. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Will be fun though, when everybody is looking like this after a sunny day at Disney.
    [​IMG]

14. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yes, I understand that.

@star_wars_is_good makes an excellent point about Annual Pass holders and locals to the parks wanting to go back. I see back in April Disney allowed for either extensions on annual passes or partial refunds for the time the park is closed.

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Annual pass holders makes the most sense (and I believe Universal’s AP days were busier than their general public reopening as well). With parks limiting attendance for now AP and locals should be more than enough to “fill” capacity.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  16. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Great picture Mundi! and the truth. there would be much sweat , sunburn and dehydration, in order not to get in trouble poke a hole in the mask for a metal straw! no plastic please! also, sound effects from Darth Vader's breath mask that would set the theme well!

17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Especially since Disney did not allow passholders to cancel their passes when the lockdown hit. They were only given the option to not have to pay those months the lockdown was in effect and to just have it extended for that same amount of time.

I don't know though, a lot of passholders themselves are weary of going. It's not like there's this feeling of everybody having to be there right when they open back up again. Like I said a little while ago, it's probably going to be mostly theme park youtubers and people wanting to be there for the social media recognition of being there immediately after lockdown. I don't think average people who just want to go will be so quick to.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Surely you are not seriously suggesting to put a hole right by the mouth in the mask preventing your germs from spreading when you cough/sneeze?!

I am in some Disney groups on Facebook and A LOT of people are talking about going as fast as possible.
    They say they can't wait to be decease carriers… no wait, that's not it. They say they can't wait to see the Mouse again. And the way they talk about it doesn't give me the impression, that they are going there in order to be the first to make a Youtube video.

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm just saying that theme part youtubers are a thing, and they'll certainly be some of the first to be there. But I also think the people eager to go are just doing so for the recognition of it and to post on social media about it, especially within their Disney groups.

But maybe I'm wrong. And people are just that into the Mouse that they genuinely want to be there as soon as possible.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Disney must feel there's enough demand from people to go or they wouldn't be (planning on) opening. I wonder what the minimum attendance needs to be for them to be profitable?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Who knows. I could see them expecting a trickle effect of the park just being the only thing available to do and more and more people just deciding to go.

There's actually a petition making the rounds right now asking them to delay their re-opening out of fear that it could be a major factor in a second spike. A spike that's already expected to happen anyhow, so I don't see how Disneyland re-opening wouldn't be a factor in it.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I saw that. That's pretty silly because nobody is being forced to go.

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    True, but people are still going to go, which would then put the public at large in danger with that many people coming and going from the park.

Hypatia likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, but the people who want to go out will find a place to go out. I think Disney is at least taking the best precautions they can.

25. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    No, I am sure you are right. It's probably both. Youtubers just don't advertise that they are going in Disney groups or they would alert the competition.