main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Cool. I missed those tweets.

I figured we wouldn't get any real numbers, but I wasn't sure if enough returns happened to fill the Lyte waiting list, let alone another open sale. Good to know.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm guessing that there were quite a few people who didn't roll over, after all 2020 and 2021 has been pretty touch economically for a lot of people, and I wouldn't be surprised that there were some who needed the cash and figured that it would be possible to buy tickets closer to the event if they really wanted to go.

BrentC007, MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  3. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah, I figure that a good number of people simply needed the money and couldn't guarentee holding on to their tickets for 2 years on the off chance they will be in a good financial situation to attend..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well.

I doubt anyone turned in any of the VIP passes though LOL

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    If I were guessing, I'd say 80% rolled over, but that's just a gut feeling (unemployment peaked around 15%, so I went a little higher). The only reasons to get a refund is if you were 100% sure you didn't want to go or you needed the funds immediately since reselling later is always an option. That would still leave thousands of tickets for a resale though.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    BrentC007, Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Room are now opening up at some hotels (Grand Legacy, Castle Inn & Suites)

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've been trying to book for WonderCon that is scheduled for April 1-3 2022, but only about 15 or so hotels come up on the generic travel websites. When I know there are way more than that in the immediate vicinity. And even individual hotel websites don't offer dates that far out yet. So I've just been kind of checking every day at this point, since it's already less than a year out. I'll let you know when all the hotels around there finally populate. Because I want to wait, there are so many better hotel options that will become available if I just make sure to be on top of it when they all open up for reservations.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, they’re not the hotel I was after but there’s no cancellation fee so to get a suite for 5 of us I figured it would be good to get something locked in at a cheap rate and switch later if I can get my preferred hotel.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in England most hotels are still shut due to Covid. According to what I've seen online the current date they can reopen isn't til May. I think some were allowed to reopen but that's for travelers who have to quarantine after arriving at a UK airport. There might be a similar situation in the area where WonderCon is.

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. I figured it was something like that. Especially as this week went on and it became to where those dates were now solidly less than a year away, but the hotels still weren't populating in my searches. Which is why I'm checking every day now, because I have no idea when they could all just open suddenly. I'm just trying to book at one of the connected hotels, and I don't want to miss when those dates become available. Employees have no idea either and just tell me to check online.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I see from Google that it is scheduled to be in San Diego. You might want to check the California state government website to see if there's anything on hotel closures/reopening dates.

13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm on top of it. It's for WonderCon in Anaheim.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Same state though.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Try telling him that after he rolls into San Diego that weekend.

Padme501st and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'll probably wait until after this weekend to maybe try and figure out why the hold up on hotel reservations. But even then, any one of these mornings now I could check and they could all be there, so I'll probably still keep checking anyway. There are some that are open for then already, just very few compared to how many that are located there.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    One of my local cons scheduled for September opened up their hotel block this week, so that's encouraging. The target to lower restrictions in my state is 2.5M vaccinated. We are currently at 1.7M and projected to be about 4-6 weeks from hitting that target.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    You're not wrong [face_laugh]
    And just out of curiosity where is that? Vegas?

As for cons, most here look to be starting back up October/November but London Film and Comic Con is in July! That honestly seems a bit ambitious to me but will be interesting to watch its progress.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes. So if you're willing to commute...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    So a few more hotels have populated. And fortunately, one of them happened to be an economical place that I'm familiar with and would be perfectly fine staying at. So I went with that for now.

Interestingly enough, I'm also planning another small trip immediately after WonderCon to attend a couple of concerts. And the same thing happened, where no hotels had been coming up for the immediate vicinity of where I need to be. Up until today. So I managed to book a decent and close place there as well.

And from what I saw, it's more like 50 weeks that you can book out. Not 52 weeks. Although some hotel chains still don't have their reservation systems up at all yet because they just aren't even operating at the moment.

Glad I got those reservations though. These events got scheduled recently, and I didn't want to miss the window when reservations and whatnot open up for those dates. I have a few other things to focus on right now, so it's nice to put that out of mind.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks to the information provided earlier on this thread, I booked a reservation at the Castle Inn and Suites for Wed the 17th through Tuesday the 23rd. Should give me a cushion if one day between the beginning and end of Celebration. It’s the same hotel I stayed in 2015, across from DL and a short walk to the convention center.

ZV-83 and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we still know if there is a waitlist to join?

24. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah I guess I need to look at hotels when I get home tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk