main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Maybe that's where they will formally announce the Beneioff and Weiss movies!

credar and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    WonderCon is happening that weekend from April 10-12. So it's anybody's guess when Celebration will happen.

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I could see a fall celebration honestly. If we're to assume no movies till 2021, they could do any date at that point. May 2021, with a October or November celebration to tease that could work. And if it's not teathered to a movie at all, and the shows get to release whenever they're done, than it's anyone game honestly. Later in the year the better for me to save.

4. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope it's spring or summer. May not be able to go if it's fall.

Gamma626 likes this.
  5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, I'd actually prefer spring or summer as well now that I think about it. I may be moving next fall, so that'd suck if Celebration was at the same time.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Same. My situation is - I complete grad school this Christmas. I won't be able to start applying for teaching jobs until next spring, so I'll just be subbing - if I save, I can easily budget the time and money to fit in a trip (I would be going alone).

If it's in the fall though I will (hopefully) have a full-time teaching job, which would make it very difficult.

Gamma626 likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    What I mean with the same weekend is that it will be the weekend before Easter

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

8. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I really hope it isn’t in the middle of summer. I prefer spring or fall. My work gets really busy in the summer and I can’t really take time off.

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, really hope it’s April rather than August. August would be mid-school holidays & flights would be VERY expensive.

10. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    When the forum lets you create threads for SWC20 I’m going to make a thread for Hotels near the Anaheim Convention Center. Until then making a list to have ready when we get dates. Anyone go to the last Celebration in Anaheim and have hotel recommendations?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    There are many hotels within walking distance to the Anaheim Convention Center. You pretty much can't go wrong with any hotel within a mile radius of it. It's all within walking distance and includes being able to do Disneyland easily as well.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The Hilton and Marriott hotels next door to the OCCC are really nice. I've stayed at the Anaheim Hilton and Towers on several occasions outside of and during Celebration and was never disappointed.

13. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    [/QUOTE]There are many hotels within walking distance to the Anaheim Convention Center. You pretty much can't go wrong with any hotel within a mile radius of it. It's all within walking distance and includes being able to do Disneyland easily as well.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    There is a prefix for SWC20 now, so feel free to start threads about it.

MotivateR5D4 and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  15. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The great thing about Anaheim are all of the hotels close to the Convention Center and having Disneyland literally across the street. I stayed at the Marriott at the CC and I had no problems with it other than I should have asked for a room on a higher floor. There was a party in of the the ball room and I could hear it hear it rather clearly and it kept me up until 4 am.

16. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I am happy about it being in Anaheim next year ;)
    I can combine a Disneyland trip and then I guess I don't *need* to visit Galaxy's Edge before then. So I can save money just for that trip and make it a longer trip.

I don't think one has to worry about the fact there is no new movie coming out. It will be the 40th anniversary of Empire and you have to remember that Orlando in 2012 worked out pretty well, even though there was no movie and no anniversary to celebrate! (I'm talking about Celebration VI).

17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Since it's going to be TESB anniv. maybe the Cele. date will fall in the opening month when the movie opened. Anaheim should be way less expensive than Chicago, I just received one of 2 boxes today and found the taxes on the Cele. store stuff was $21! I also noticed high taxes on everything I bought in Chicago. BUT... it is a beautiful city, the people friendly and I had a good(and very tiring) time!

18. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Just curious if anyone has made a group to increase chances when buying trying to buy VIP tickets? I would be up for it if they offer VIP again for Anaheim.

19. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    That's a tough gamble. The max you can buy is 2 and the chances of 1 out 10000 people getting them first leaves a small margin for group sales. I got lucky for Orlando but I had 3 pcs all autorefreshing and super fast internet. I tried the same trick this time and couldn't even get past the queue before they were sold out.

www.heroministries.org

"to me, she's royalty."

20. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Yeah, I think I was just lucky this year plus I was going for the ticket on my Bday so I was stoked. Old computer and super slow connection so luck of the drawn. I thought the max was four so not as much help as I thought if only two.

EDIT: Looks like you could buy 4 "There is a limit of 12 tickets per transaction. You are able to purchase up to (4) Jedi Master VIP Tickets and (8) tickets of any other type."

I would be up for it if anyone wanted to do it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  21. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    For Chicago, I was able to select a VIP ticket, but when I went to add it to the cart it said it was sold out and I was no longer able to select it.

I'm not sure what the benefit would be to a group if it goes that fast.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I took a chance last night and called the Hilton at the con. center. I mentioned April as a possible date for the con and they said to call after Easter, that would make it exactly 1 year to the possible date of the con. if I'm not mistaken, the first Anahiem Cele. fell on Easter weekend. I took a chance on that. they said, they would be taking reservations a day or 2 after Easter for events occurring next year.

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Trying to narrow down the weekends a bit.

With WonderCon taking 10-12 the most likely dates are 16-20th April (assuming 5 days again). Since Disney took over all US Celebrations have been in April.

Couple of longer shot options - 30th April-May 4th (because Star Wars), 14-19th May (because ESB 40th is 20th May), 13-17th August (based roughly off Celebration V & VI, sets SWC up to alternate summers with D23).

24. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I'm hoping they pick 21st - 25th May to coincide with the ESB 40th and also because my birthday is 21st May!

The other thing I'm wondering about is when we'll actually get the dates announced. If not before I hope we get an announcement on 4th May as now that I know it's at Anaheim I just want to start making plans to attend another Celebration!!

25. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    That sucks, at least you didn't pay almost 4 times as much for your ticket.