main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's a Saturday - even with the date I'd expect news on a weekday, not a weekend.

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    There will be news Saturday. Maybe not Celebration related, but there will be something newsworthy.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK Disney XD is showing the final 3 Resistance episodes followed by Phineas & Ferb SW. (Resistance got delayed here so these are the first showing for the episodes).

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Jeez, are we that far behind?! Have to admit I was naughty and made sure I was caught up before going to Chicago.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - we are. It started later here and took a longer holiday break than in the US. I've seen the Phineas & Ferb SW episode quite a few times but it's not bad if you haven't seen it.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen it before but might still give it a watch as I only saw it when it was first released.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would say that if SWC20 is going to be in April, then there is a good chance that they will announce something on Saturday. Still though SWC19 was announced the week after to everyone's surprise.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sky TV guide says 10 AM for P&F with a 6 PM repeat on Saturday. Resistance is 8 AM-9:30 AM Saturday and repeated 4:30 PM-6PM.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah I remember that. It was the day Solo tickets went on sale so the Celebration announcement came out on May 16th. No ticket sale this time so here's hoping!

Or maybe it will be when they release the Variety photo shoot for TROS. Still pretty cool.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    In any event, I certainly hope there's some Celebration news that comes soon.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You have to enter a lottery to get Celebration news.

12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I doubt Celebration20 will be in April. Mark Van Ohlen hasn't heard a date yet, and he needs over a year to plan and contact guests/arrange contracts. Unless they decide to just short change him, which is certainly possible. I don't think that's too likely though.

darthvader88 likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If it is in April, we ought to start getting news very shortly. Not getting any news soon likely means it is much later in the year.

14. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, we have people on Facebook saying they are gonna book every weekend that Celebration is presumed to take place on Until they release the actual date.. I don't think it's that serious..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't imagine they can be. Believe me, I've thought about it. But there's too many possible dates.

I did it last time because it was almost certain to be one of two weekends in April (right weekend, wrong city [face_laugh]). This time the mid-April weekends are ruled out (WonderCon, Disney Star Wars Half Marathon) and there's no movie due so they're not tied to April for the marketing schedule. They could literally have it almost any weekend.

If you want to narrow it down the first weekend of May is a good one, close to the traditional April dates and ending on Monday May 4th, the weekends either side of ESB's 40th are also good possibilities. Disney could decide to push it back to August since they don't need to tie it to a movie (or maybe to promote a May 2021 movie?), this would also set it up to alternate years with D23. So at this point you'd already have 4 or 5 weekends booked. Then you have to remember August is based purely on CV & CVI and D23 dates. But CV & CVI were both pre-Disney, and D23 has been held in July once. You could book all those weekends and then they could announce Celebration for December or something. Maybe some will try it but it seems like too much effort to me. Especially with so many hotels in the area.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If events are going to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center, see what weekends are still free there for next year. (This might be more effective closer to 2020).

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Funny you should say that, I did have a quick look today. They've not updated their 2020 calendar yet.

darthvader88 likes this.
  18. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    You might as well book from April 1st to August 30th, just to be on the safe side...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

What hotel is going to allow you to book more than a year in advance?

darthvader88 likes this.
  20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Very few. Unless it's April or (maybe) May we'll very likely know the dates before you can reserve a hotel room anyway.

darthvader88 likes this.
  21. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I wonder if badges will sell out as quickly as Chicago. I would doubt it since I think Chicago might have been more in demand due to Celebration not being there before.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If the venue is larger in Anaheim there might be more tickets available.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lack of a major film to promote may slow sales as well.

24. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    That’s fine to me. It’ll make it easier to get a VIP pass, woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Will be very interesting to see. After all, despite the early sell out of the 5 day badges, Monday didn’t sell out (as far as I’m aware) and they haven’t done the usual “biggest Celebration ever” post that normally comes when they break the attendance record. So between that, moving back to the West Coast and no film to promote it might not sell out as quick. But then fans may want to combine Celebration & Galaxy’s Edge so that could give it a boost.

darthvader88 likes this.