main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration III FAQ

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    The only ticket I purchased once inside was the ticket to the concert which was advertised in advance as requiring an additional admission. I know some of the panel lines were so long that they started having lines to get a ticket to stand in line for the panels. Not a pretty sight! I found lots to do even though I didn't get to see all the panels I had planned. It was really easy to get my Star Wars books autographed and those autographs were free. I didn't purchase any other autographs since that's not of interest to me. I also spent money in the store for tshirts, poster, and exclusive figure. Hopefully they do a better job on merchandise this time. So much ran out the first day.

It was suggested by some people attending C2 that they let people sign up for panels in advance and ship out ticket packets (similar to regular conventions). After trying to register for my pass I would be afraid signing up for panels would go the same way. It would probably be a disaster.

Anyway, I also saw the original Star Wars at the movie theater and it was after my 26th birthday. I'm also a mature fan (oldie) but I like to think... You don't stop playing because you grow up...You grow up because you stop playing.

I may be traveling alone so if you're interested in sharing a meal let me know.

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So I want to purchase a four day adult badge but I don't know where? Do I have to get registered in order to be able to buy one off swcelebration.com? Also, I live in Europe meaning I won't recieve it and that I'll have to pick it up in Indy, right?

3. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Greetings Billy_Dee_Binks,

You can purchase your passes here Gencom C3 Registration. When you access the site, you will need to register for free in order to complete the purchase process.
    As you mentioned, International orders will be pick-up only; You'll have to ask the guys at Gencom on that one, 'cause it sure doesn't seem convenient to me!

You can also access the SW C3 Official Site for more info.

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Okay, I purchased the four day badge online today but I am not sure what to do know. I mean, how will I identify myself at the Celebration in order to recieve the badge. With the registration ID? The Credit Card number/ bill? Print out the E-Mail I recieved after the transaction? Also, I couldn't find a good link to contact the source. Is there a plan of the Con center with the badge pick up booth marked?

5. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    You have a passport, right? Hard to travel internationally without one. There is your Identification. Although the credit card would have probably worked fine. Now check the C3 site for the times that the "Will Call" or "Badge Pickup" window will be open.

You are good to go! I think you are freaking out a little bit over the money or something. Take a deep breath and think of Leia in the slave girl outfit... That always makes me feel better :D

Doc

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Now check the C3 site for the times that the "Will Call" or "Badge Pickup" window will be open.

I do have a Passport but what does that sentence exactly mean? Since "Will Call" is the only choice for non-US citizens I clicked it, though I'm not 100% sure what it stands for. Is it like a phone call you'll recieve at some point, or more a booth where you walk up to someone and let him know your ID so you get your Badge??

Sorry, for acting freaky. ;)

7. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    The Booth thing.

Or more like a walk up window at the convention center. In the U.S., "Will Call" is a way tickets are sold where you pay in advance and pick the tickets up AT the event. Often done at sporting events and concerts.

Doc

8. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    besides there is no need to worry,
    they won't sell out of passes

9. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I think you are freaking out a little bit over the money or something. Take a deep breath and think of Leia in the slave girl outfit... That always makes me feel better

LMAO!!! [face_laugh]

*Sighs* Men..... :p

Of course, Palpy in the slave girl outfit may make you feel better too! [face_devil]

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    That will be a horrible rush of people and endless lines trying to pick up their badges. There will be thousands of people from outside the US comming over. I sure hope there will be several booths (with each lining a certain amount of people alphabetically by their last name).

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think that's the main reason it is opening up on Thursday...not a lot will be going on that day, so people will be able to spend their time regiseting and getting the badges, so that they're ready to go for the rest of the weekend.

I worked the booth on opening morning for C2, and the lines were of course, huge, and there were problems, but for the most part things kept moving. The whole Lanyard thing was the biggest headache, but that was more the fault of whomever put the passes in the envelopes...still, having to wait in that line, then be told that the extra lanyards had to be picked up in a different one was horrible to have to relay to people.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm quite sure that they said that the will call stations would open up on already on Wednesday.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    That would be great since I'll probably arrive on the 19th anyway and I have no idea what to do since the people I'll share a room with won't arrive till the 20th. Oh wait, the 20th is the opening day of the Will Call booths?
    Hmmm....

14. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    According to the exhibitors info pdf files, will call will be open 2pm - 8pm on Wednesday. :) That should help the early birds!

Look Here

Doc

15. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just looked at the schedule in the Exibitor's info and it shows the Exhibit Hall closing at 7pm and the Store, Autograph Area, and Art Show closing at 8pm on Thursday. then it lists the Opening Ceremony at 8:30pm. Where are they going to put everybody? It looks like there isn't anything else going on during the Opening Ceremony. It does list show hours as Noon to 11pm but doesn't list anything as being open. Anyone have any insight or speculations? Maybe I'm missing something.

16. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Well inside the RCA dome would be the best way to do it.. get everyone in there..

But i heard they cant get the RCA dome.. but id hope for a few hours they could.. Cuz i really want to get in to the opening ceremonies.. as im sure everyone else does to..

*cross figers* RCA DOME *cross fingers*

17. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Does anyone know what happens after pre-registration?

If I'm not able to buy my passes before pre-registration ends in March, what next? Is it on-site in person only? Does it cost more?

I couldn't find this info on the website.

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    After online sales are shutdown, you'll have to buy the ticket at the door, and from what I remember, prices will be slightly higher.

19. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Does any one know when they are going to start mailing the passes out. CIII is only 3 months away from today. I would hate to see what happened the day they went on sale happen agin.

20. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    So its not opening until like 8:30 pm??? IN other words, that's all that's happening Thursday? Cause if that's the case, I might change my hotel reservations to get there on Thursday instead of Wednesday, save some money that way.

I just assumed they had stuff all day every day of the con, but maybe I'm wrong.

21. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    According to the confirmation email AND the FAQ on the official site:
    "Q: I ordered my badge but haven't receive it yet. When will I get it?

A: If you selected to have your badge shipped to you, your badge should be sent in late March. "

Yes there is stuff on Thursday. All the Halls will be open at noon for fan clubbers (1 for everyone else), and my guess is that most, but not all of the vendors and exhbitors will be there. (I'll bet some of the smaller ones can't make it until Friday, since most other Cons run Fri, Sat, Sun) According to folks that went to C2, the "Opening Ceremony" was just a little bit of show held in a ballroom and not all that many folks (in the grand scheme of the entire Con) could actually attend anyway, due to room size.

On WEDNESDAY there will be windows open to buy the badges and "Will call" will be open for pick up. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/files/SWC-Exhibitor-Packet.pdf All on the official site. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Doc

22. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    whats the weather like in indy in april?

23. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    it can vary greatly.
    When I was there for C2 it was warm, mid 70's and bright sunshine all day.
    Conversely, since it was clear skies, it got very cold at night so be prepared to freeze a bit in the early hours when we all line up.
    FYI, on opening day of C2 people had been lined up since well before 5am :p
    Hopefully the bad weather they have now will break when we get there. After C2 they had floods about a week later.

24. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    thanks, we're used to the cold so should be ok :p

25. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember for CII on Thursday it was cold. But for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday it was in the mid 70's and the sun was out. But on Monday morning it rained. I hope we have great weather for CIII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.