main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Celebration IV Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I only start this due to the interesting rumor that started floating around this weekend:

From TheForce.net

Celebration 4 Rumors

Posted By Dustin on April 24, 2006

There's a rumor floating around the internet right now in regards to Celebration 4. The rumor has it that an agent for a well know actor let it slip at a recent appearance. The rumor stands as such.

"Celebration 4 in the L.A. Convention Center, May 24th to 27th 2007"

Please take this with a grain of salt, as for now it is PURE RUMOR. Nothing is official until Lucasfilm makes the announcement. Speaking of the announcement, it's also rumored that the news above will be announced sometime next month.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Thanks to everyone who wrote in with this!

***************************************************************************************

Interesting stuff. I pretty much figured after C3, my attendance of any other Celebrations would be based on the actual con and not the circumstances surrounding it. I'm not travelling cross-country to celebrate a TV show or the 30th anniversary of the films. There's a significant difference between celebrating something new versus celebrating something old. If the 3D releases of the films due come about in '07, so be it. But it's not worth it for me to spend another wad of cash on it for a normal con. There will need to be some nice additions to the show, better autograph panels, and much better organization before I hit another one of these cons.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
  3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Cannonball Run anyone?

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Do you know how many times I've thought about how awesome it would be to take part in an actual Cannonball Run?! [face_laugh]

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well now it looks like there's gonna also be a Celebration in Europe a couple of months after the one in LA . . .

Celebration: Europe July 2007

Posted By Jeremy on July 21, 2006

Head of Lucasfilm Fan Relations, Steve Sansweet announced "Another first: Celebration Europe, an official Star Wars convention in July 2007 In London at the finest exhibition center, Earls Court. More details soon at starwars.com." As always, stay tuned for the latest news.

Truth be told, I'd so much rather go to London than Los Angeles again. I've made my one trip to LA, and I don't really plan on going back if I can help it.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The Celebration 4 Logo . . .

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/C4logo.jpg]

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I agree Dal. London sounds a lot better than LA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.