main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    @Rox when I’m Dec are you visiting? I’ll be there a few days 12/13-12/16 with one day at GE

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Will do. I got Memory Maker too so I will have lots of pictures to share.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry for the double post, missed your post. I'll be there December 1st to the 8th. So I am there just in time for the Rise of the Resistance opening day. I didn't plan it that way, we just got lucky.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Rox and ChrisLyne like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you haven't seen it already - site owner Philip Wise attended the Galaxy's Edge opening in May and put a photo gallery up on Rebelscum.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    That is great! I felt the same way when they announced it and I realized our dates will be a week after. I’m expecting chaos but for Rise we got it planned to be there at rope drop in the morning and get immediately in that line so fingers crossed.

Managed to get reservations to Olga’s Cantina as well. Are you staying on site?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Rox and ChrisLyne like this.
  7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yep staying on site, we went with Pop Century. We don't spend a ton of time in the room and their pool isn't bad. Plus the whole resort was just remodeled with new rooms. I've stayed here before and I liked it's laid back vibe. The new Skyliner stops their too which I wanted to check out.

I think the 5th is going to be pretty special for us. I got an early morning reservation at Droid Depot. We didn't do saber building this time around. I already have a Luke saber and I don't think I want anymore at this time. Then I managed to get a 7:30pm reservation at Oga's to end the night there. Leaves lots of time in between the two to do rides and shop. I plan to be in Batuu all day on the 5th. Hopefully getting there for rope drop.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  8. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Are they doing Magic Hours that day? We’re going on the 14th and they aren’t (they do on the 15th) but we are meeting up with friends so whatever, we’ll start at 9 (though I’m sure we’ll be in line way earlier)

I didn’t do the droid depot or the saber building this time but I probably will next time. I heard the saber building brings tears to people’s eyes, even if they are just a spectator.

9. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011
    We did the Annual Passholder visit on Monday and I have to say it was pretty amazing. The land was supposed to open up at 9am, we showed up early to try and beat the crowds and they let us in about 0830. The crowd level was very low until the next group came in later in the day.

Went straight to the Falcon ride and did it twice, LOVED IT. Checked out the droid factory but didn't build since I have a reservation during my return trip in December for that and the Lightsaber buiding. Liked the blue milk over the yellow (Green).

Tried food at Ronto's and Docking Bay (not enough seating). Expensive, like everything else at a Disney park but good. The breakfast at the docking bay was better than lunch at Ronto's. Oga's was full but also have a reservation for December.

The Antiquities shop in where the die hard fans will want to go. Lots of cool things there to buy (holocrons with individual Khyber crystals, legacy sabers, fairly good looking costume and accessories and lots of other things. The bazarr has several small shops with things to buy (including pins and shirts). The resistance areas has pop up shops that sell things as well (shirts/pins/toys).

The cast members we interacted with are great and stayed in character the entire time. There are a lot of photo opportunities in the land with Disney photographers.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  10. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Padme501st likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    :( I'm a little bummed as I was planning to meet James Arnold Taylor at Indiana Comic Con next weekend, but he cancelled today.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The Disney+ and films panels at D23 are NOT among the ones being live streamed.

13. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Thanks for the info on your trips or upcoming trips! you are all lucky! I'll have to wait until next year at Cele. to visit GE. hope to hear about some of the food or treats served at GE. Hope you all have fun!

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Are they going to another live stream for the opening in Orlando?

15. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Haven’t heard but if they are we should hear something soon as it’s next week

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Apparently people are already sleeping outside the Anaheim Convention centre, and the overnight queue wasn't supposed to start until Thursday evening. Has anyone heard anything, it could definitely give some insight in how they are going to handle queues next year. (even with lotteries we know some people are still going to queue up if the weather isn't like Chicago in April)

17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, $3,300 per person for a 2 night/3 day stay is out of our reach. It looks to be a sliding scale, the room sleeps up to 5 and the price for a maxed out room is $7,200 ($1,440 each), so it might not be $6,600 for a couple but I'm willing to bet it will be close if this pricing sticks. Even with food, drink, and entertainment included, that's a BIG ask for a short stay. At least I'll be able to visit the lobby [face_laugh]

Sorry to hear that mate.

Yeah, I know Celebration spoils us but that streaming selection is pretty poor. Even without Disney+ (which seems like the most obvious one to stream), I was hoping for stuff like Aladdin, Mermaid's 30th, Making of Tarzan, etc. Some really good panels there.

Yeah, time difference is throwing me off a little but Parks and Cons posted a video on Twitter of people lined up Wednesday afternoon Anaheim time. No camping allowed on the grounds so they're unofficially lined up on the street. Comments say it's likely people after the exclusive Disney merch, not panels, and it apparently happens every year.

JonSB and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've never even considered the GE hotel, since I assumed it was going to be way out of my reach, but I've also not been that hyped over GE.

I was a bit bored today and checked flights for Anaheim, and it seems as if the only direct flight from Stockholm to Los Angeles isn't as expensive as I thought, which is good news.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm starting to research flights. One airline wanted $10k all in advance, but I was able to work it out where I pay $2k now and another $15k when I reach Anaheim. That's a good deal, right?

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Only if Anaheim's still there when you come out of hyperspace.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Seems legit. [face_dunno]

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's not on Trump Airlines, is it?

PCCViking and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  23. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Where are you flying from?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Mos Eisley looking at those prices.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Ugh...you beat me to it.

PCCViking, MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.