main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    You’d care about the app if it saved you hours in line and thus not missing panels you want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I have just read the "Rumor Round up" on the Force.net site, I hope these "rumors' are not true!
    the story sounds like a rehash of the original Trilogy to me.
    But... I believe that at next years Cele. that items from the movie may be offered at the Cele. Store. that' is.. along with things being offered after the movie at the Disney Parks. Maybe a lot will be offered on Force Friday before the movie? How many of you are biting the bit in anticipation of these items?(based off the "rumors"? I'm sure the Mandelorian will win out.

LAJ edit - put the 'rumor' under a spoiler tag

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Please don't even hint at anything that could be spoiler related on this board. Thanks.

4. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, I don’t want to know either. We’re almost there, 3 months to go. Nothing against those who don’t mind spoilers, I just want to be as spoiler free as I can be until I see the film.

5. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Oh! that was not my intention! you can see the stuff on the the main site, But, as we have seen, what you see on the teasers may not be what is in the movie! I want the movie to be a surprise too! I just thought you may have seen the info.

6. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I haven't checked in for awhile, but just past my bedtime reading this thread! Well, there was the announcement of Disney+ coming to Canada in November (I marked down my calendar!). It looks like I will be back in my apartment (after the tornado!) just in time! And I've read that Videotron (my ISP) is doing a new deal that includes both Internet, Cable TV and Disney+, Crave and Netflix. I will have to call them up for details ;-) It seems like the streaming services would replace extended cable (or is it basic cable?)

I also didn't miss the news about the Obi-Wan show.

And -- the Star Wars hotel at WDW!! :storm: I am not rich by any means, but at a price over $3,000 USD per person (that's over $4,000 CDN), it would be doable for me. After all, I did pay $4,900 CDN for laser eye surgery in 2015, even after having travelled to Anaheim earlier that same year. Totally doable, I just need to start saving money earlier and save more money per pay check! Plus, reservations would probably be one year in advance, and that includes Disney admission, food and drinks as well. The only thing is that I usually stay for at least 10 nights (I stayed 11 nights in Chicago and 13 nights in Anaheim). And of course I would need to add the flight, because that's not included.

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If Kevin Feige comes to Celebration and announces the Russos as directors of his Star Wars film, I'm going to need one of you to help pick me up off the floor...

8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, I saw the news about Feige too. It’s good for SW.

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Really, really hope we get a future films panel now!

@star_wars_is_good - Russos were my first thought as well!

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This is totally random but has any sent anything to themselves while staying at Disney World? I was thinking about sending myself a case of water and some snacks so I didn't have to leave the property and go to the Walmart nearby. Last time I went to the Walmart near Disney I spent 3 hours there and it was horrible.

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I’ve had some stuff sent to myself a few times whilst staying at Disney (including one of NECA’s Comic Con exclusives, that got a bit nerve racking with timing [face_laugh]).

I was advised before doing it to complete the address as NAME (ARRIVING xx/xx/xx) in case it arrived beforeI did.

darthvader88 likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You might want to email/phone your hotel before doing that to make sure they will accept a package like that. Some might not if a guest isn't already there due to security reasons.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    My brother and I actually got Amazon Prime/Fresh to deliver us some water and soda to our hotel at Chicago Celebration because it was kinda late and we didn't feel like going out to a store. They delivered it within two hours of ordering and it cost about the same as going to a store and buying it ourselves.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You could send the water and snacks to the hotel. You'd have to get a signal out to tell them it's coming. It's the size of the cases. That's the problem. They'll never get through. Someone has to take the doorway down.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I called Pop Century. It's $6 per package and as long as I address just like Chris said they will have it in my room waiting for me. Amazon Prime looks to be the best option.

LAJ_FETT and ChrisLyne like this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Next week I'll be able to start looking at booking a flight to Anaheim for next year. I'm leaning towards flying into LAX as opposed to John Wayne. I know John Wayne is closer, but it looks quite a bit cheaper for me to fly into LAX and I can get a direct flight. Have you all started making plans yet?

17. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Last time I checked it was too far in advance, but that was back in July. Thanks for the reminder.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    We're 11 months out now so flights should now be available for me. Will probably get a rough idea of price then wait and see if anything comes up in the Christmas sales they normally do here.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I will wait until next year, since they cancelled my direct flight to LAX I want to know what other options there are, and it's still so far away.

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    star_wars_is_good and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up @Padme501st, good to know!

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't really see this as a big deal. Most modern airports have you go to a designated area for ride share now anyway. Probably just makes sense for logistics at the airport to run smoother.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's not. People just need to be aware.

ChrisLyne likes this.