main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Cool. My original idea was to do GE on Monday, but this could change things.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I hope so too. What kind of item do you think they would do though. ANH has the iconic medals so it was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Wristbands
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Kenobi being delayed messes up panel plans now.

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think my biggest dilemma so far (assuming I can get tickets) is whether I watch the Star Wars fireworks from Main Street or Batuu. Actually nervous this might sell out in a few minutes given how quick the 4 day badges went. Hopefully we'll have a little longer but I wouldn't wait around on it.

@zcure1 If you're planning on doing another day in the parks when you could do Savi's/Droid Depot then I'd seriously consider skipping them on Star Wars Nite. I did the Halloween Party in Florida and even though they run till the early hours the time goes really quickly. Better to focus on doing the event exclusive stuff first (plus the rides with less wait) and then the regular stuff if you have time. Of course if it's the only day you do the parks and you want a saber or droid then absolutely go for it (you can pre-book both for during the event). Last time the bash as on Thursday but there was no competing event. In 2017 the bash was on the Saturday and the Galactic Nights event in the parks was on the Friday. Someone who's a member or has connections will probably be able to advise you better but I can't see them arranging the bash for the same night unless it's a venue they've had to book already.

Might not do. It was only due to start production in the summer so I'm not sure it would have had a full panel anyway. My thoughts for the big 4 are;

40th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back (naturally, probably the big opening panel on Thursday)

Mandalorian Season 2 (almost definitely getting its own panel, probably biggest of the show after ESB anniversary)

Rebels Sequel Series (if this is truly coming this year then it will have it's own panel and probably premiere. If not this then whatever the next animated series is. Something has to be coming end of this year)

Disney Plus Panel (covering Cassian and Kenobi, maybe more, all combined as they likely wouldn't have had enough for full solo panels and with the delays almost certainly won't now)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    zcure1 and star_wars_is_good like this.
  6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I bet tickets go really fast.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The main panel could be: Baby Yoda Puppet Walks on Stage for an Hour

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    @zcure1 I’ll check the board and let y’all know when it comes up.

zcure1 likes this.
  9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    When it comes to the bash nothing has been posted or heard at the 501st yet. To be honest after Chicago there was a small but vocal group that was opposed to the 501st organising such a big event, wanting it to be more of an internal club thing. I think that means that nothing will be posted about the bash until everything is set in stone and can't be changed.

Skickat från min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Jane would go for that and a photo op with the puppet :D

Also, emails went out yesterday for pre-order merch if you want some but didn't order it with your badges. Mine went in my junk mail so might be worth checking there. Apparently it's a one use only link so I'm tempted to hold out until we see the key art nearer the time (no guarantee it will still work at that point but that's the only think I'm really interested in)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Surprised me too! [face_laugh]

13. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I was thinking it might be too soon for a Kenobi proper panel anyhow, but Ewan said the show has not been delayed, but the actual filming has been pushed back from August to next January so they can work on the scripts. So if anything, with not filming in August that would actually free him up to attend. He could do a panel with Hayden or something like that without going too much into the new series. @Obi Anne , that is interesting about the Bash and I hope they continue to let the general public attend.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just want a Ewan photo op. If that's all I do that weekend, I'll consider it a success.

credar, BrentC007, Rox and 2 others like this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    7 months...

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Batuu by night sounds amazing, definitely planning on getting a ticket. Just hope they won't overcrowd it. From friends who go often, sounds like GE on the weekends can be a pain.

Also, of all the California stereotypes, they went for avocado BB-8, outraged and amused at the same time. xD :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Everyone better save up that $$$!

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
  19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I got a scare today when my computer froze, I can't afford a new computer this year I need the money for Celebration.

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm starting to think we need a panel on leaks! First TROS, then all the Trevorrow stuff, now Underworld test footage. Crazy how much stuff is getting out at the moment.

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    The 501st is in the middle of their elections right now so I wouldn't expect any news on the bash till after. But they are discussing it and other events for during Celebration.

As to whether it will be a 501st only bash like it used to be or a combined groups event like last year who knows. I hope for everyone's sake the groups get to be separated in their events this year. It's not like people don't attend the other events anyways.

star_wars_is_good and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Keep in mind also that on any given night you can always walk into Downtown Disney and watch the fireworks from just outside the park. So if you're in Batuu on Thurs and want to see the fireworks there, you can definitely do that and still have opportunities later in the weekend to watch them. And they start at 9:30 every night, so it's well clear from anything happening at Celebration.

Only thing is you probably won't get the Disney audio with the music and voice recordings playing over the fireworks show, not sure how important that is to you. For that you need to be in the park. You definitely won't hear it in Batuu. And I'm not quite sure if it plays outside the park.

And also, fireworks are never guaranteed. The Fire Marshall makes that decision every single night. So if it's overcast or just a little windy, there's a decent chance they could get cancelled. And nobody knows until it's literally 9:30 and they announce that there won't be a fireworks show tonight. So just be aware of that.

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks @MotivateR5D4
    Will probably go for Main Street then unless they do something special in Batuu for the event.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Alan Harris (Bossk) has passed away. :(

MotivateR5D4 and Padme501st like this.
  25. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    May he rest in peace! how sad.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.