main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The really scary thing is that they aren't even linking this sudden spike to the protests. This was apparently caused by the re-opening from about a month ago. So there's still plenty more to come if that's the actual timeline for this to happen, not the two weeks we were previously told.

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  3. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Did you get an email from Reed about 'hotel block reservations in the near future' or was it about something else? And when did you get it?
    I am just trying to figure out if I am still not on the mailing list, after being promised so on June 16th.

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I don't think so

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The ReedPop email was about the refund link being live. The hotel block thing was from answering a fan question on Twitter.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I’m amazed they’re still pushing ahead with the Florida opening given the massive surge there recently.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see both Mulan and Tenet move to later dates. I know there’s a lot of costs involved but part of me wouldn’t be surprised to see Mulan move to Disney+. Getting rid of the free trial and premiering Hamilton there will probably be a bit of test for them.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's really crazy how we are doing this state by state approach. States with Republican governors are under a lot of pressure to reopen. I do think there's a good chance Disney World gets delayed though. It would be a PR nightmare for Disney if a bunch of cases were to be traced to their park.

Disney paid $75M for Hamilton and now can't give it a theatrical release. That's still cheaper than The Mandalorian though. So if they pick up new subscribers with some keeping their subscription, it can work out over time. Mulan would be tough to make a profit without a theatrical release. Even a theatrical release could lead to a loss.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, the last thing they need is bad PR from opening too soon when there’s already stories of staff petitions to delay the reopening.

I guess some of it depends on how soon production can actually restart vs when cinemas can properly reopen enough for big releases. It’s going to be much harder to profit off something like Mulan or Black Widow but at some point they’re going to want the content. I guess it depends on how Hamilton plays out and how reopening goes. I just wouldn’t be surprised if they did at this point.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think if Mulan went straight to home release they would put it out for rental before putting it on Disney+ to make some money. People interested in Mulan already have Disney+. I think Artemis Fowl is different because Disney knew they had a dud, so they just put it on Disney+.

I keep waiting for the day when poor New Mutants gets delayed yet again.

11. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    VOD is definitely a possibility. Really surprised they haven't dumped New Mutants on streaming yet but I guess with it being Fox the rights are a bit more complicated and (at least in the US) it would have to go on a rival service rather than Disney+ so they're holding out for theatrical.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    My understanding is they are contractually obligated to release New Mutants in theaters.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I was truly surprised by the straight to Disney Plus release of Hamilton since that wasn't even set for a theatrical release until fall 2021

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Mulan and Tenet could move again according to Hollywood Reporter. I think it's time to start looking for a new job :/ Movie theaters are not looking good.

15. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Just cancelled my Anaheim hotel and airport hotel here in the UK. Trying to get United to clarify their credit policy at the moment. Credit is valid 24 months from original issue date (so to Jan 2022 in my case) but getting mixed messages on whether flights have to be taken by then or just booked by then and can be taken later. Getting a straight answer is like trying to catch water at the moment.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

PCCViking and ChrisLyne like this.
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sadly it seems the second person was right and I’d have to take the flights within 24 months of the original booking not just rebook them in that period. Might try writing to them but looks like I’m going to be crossing my fingers they’re cancelled and we can claim a refund that way.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it will work out. I don't think the ban will be lifted by then.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    The rational part of me knows this, I guess I’m just nervous Johnson and Trump will lift it early like they are other restrictions.

20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Just started my savings jar for Celebration. $50.00 in Quarters...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne and Rox like this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That'll slow you down going through the metal detectors.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I'm gonna deposit the money in my bank account before I go...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    But at least we can all hear em coming.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I love the idea of walking up to Mark Hamill's table and just pouring the jar out on the table.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Tenet is now August 12th.