main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Wasn't that a Lyte mail? Did you also get one from Reed on the matter?

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Both.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm holding out as well and hoping that the flight will be cancelled so I can get a refund, otherwise I just have 12 months to book other flights so I wouldn't be able to use the voucher for a Celebration trip.

4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Maybe its just me, but I dont think the physical flight itself is gonna be canceled ...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I don't know how it is with other airlines, but I got a credit towards my Southwest account for my flight in which I have until Septermber 2022 to use...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I can get credit now, that's valid for 12 months, but I would prefer to get a full refund in cash back instead. My flight is currently cancelled, since SAS isn't flying to the West Coast at the moment, but they are flying to Chicaco and New York so they might decide to open up for west coast flights as well in August.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Pretty much the same with United. They’re offering future flight credit to anyone scheduled to fly the rest of this year, but it’s only valid for 24 months from when you booked (12 months if you booked after a certain date).

My flights are indirect (via Switzerland on the way out and via Washington on the way home) and currently 3 of the 4 flights are cancelled so I’m hoping they stay that way.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    But he's literally banned from the country.

9. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Damn it. That means I am still not on their mailing list.:mad:

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    If they are gonna cancel it, then I really hope they don't wait until the day before to do it.
    Insurance Companys here will not let people cancel their flights and get refund through insurance until 24 hours before the flight because the government has said travel recommendations can change with 24 hours notice.
    I can cancel myself, but it will cost 3000 DDK, but I will get the rest refunded if they hold true to the conditions of the ticket I bought.

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    My guess is that they are keeping the Chicago and NY flights going, because they also carry a lot of mail and freight, but that they are going to hold off on the west coast for quite some time. Still it's only my guess/hope though.

12. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    My flight with Virgin Atlantic to LAX was cancelled last Saturday. They've given me a voucher which can be used as credit for travel any time up to the 30th September 2022 so worst case scenario I could use it for Anaheim 2022 but I'd prefer a refund and have requested one. I still haven't heard anything from Virgin relating to my cancelled flights to Orlando last month so it could be a long wait for a refund!

Curious to see some people received 3 emails from Lyte and 1 from ReedPop. It's no surprise I didn't get the email from Reed but I only got one email from Lyte which was basically just informing me that the Ticket Exchange for Star Wars Celebration 2020 is live so I've no clue what the other two emails from Lyte were about.

I did get a reply from Reed Customer Service last week about missing out on the emails from Celebration. The response basically apologized that I didn't receive the automated email they sent regarding the show cancellation. They explained that since it is automated and their system is sending it by bulk there are some customers who sometimes don't receive the automated emails. They assured me that they do have my email on file correctly and if I want to transfer my tickets I will receive a new confirmation email 6-8 weeks after the refund deadline closes. I didn't ask about it but they did also assure me my exclusive pin would be shipped to me before the end of the year!!

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Well,as long as its a normal year and this Covid BS has blown by 2021 will be a Disney year. I just booked a trip in August of 21 to do a split stay at Pop Century and Contemporary in Florida.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Mulan moves to August 21st.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It's been rough, my emotions are all over the place. My theater opening has been pushed back again. Its getting tough making phone calls every week telling my staff. We're going to eventually reopen but it could end up being a few more weeks down the road. Until then I go in everyday, walk the building. Dust and clean things for the 4th time since we closed and go about my day.

16. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Right now my outside life is work, 1-2X week shopping, and 2-3X restaurant pickup. I am not concerned with contaminated surfaces but being in a theater with other people for a couple of hours even with masks on is something that is highly unlikely for me until this is under control with a vaccine. I have no idea what the air flow inside a theater is like and that would be a major factor if I ever decide to go.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's tough for me. I typically see about 25-30 movies a year in the theater. I love the theater experience. If theaters and new releases opened now, I'd be very picky about what I'd see. I'm sure I'd see Tenet and WW84 because those films are important to me, but most stuff I feel like I would just wait to watch at home. I'm not even considering seeing any of the classic films some theaters are planning to show.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Padme501st, MotivateR5D4 and JonSB like this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    UK cinemas are all due to open next month. Jane and I both have Cineworld cards where we pay about £18 each per month and can go as many times as we want. As long as we average twice a month we save money (plus 25% off food and drink). So we tended to go every few weeks, more if there's films out we like.

When they reopen we'll be a lot more cautious. Like @star_wars_is_good there's films that I really want to see on the big screen, but we'll probably try and go to earlier/emptier screenings now where we know we have more control over social distancing. Luckily we can pick our seats when we pre-book so we can see how busy a screening is before we go.

Like the ESB re-release. It'll be cool to see it on the big screen but I'll only go if it's an almost empty screening as I can watch it at home so no point taking any risks for it.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I see @ChrisLyne has banned me from travelling to Europe, which is a petty move if you ask me...

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It only feels fair since I can't visit you.

21. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Going out to see a movie is important to me too, you get to see everything in great detail, cheer with others or boo, pay a small fortune now a days,but tr's worth it. when I was younger, we went to the drive-in in town, the sound system was scratchy and tinny, but the food cheap and good. it was a time to get out of the house and strain to see the movie from a car(unless you had a convertible)the same thing about theaters, you get out of the house and now a days, it would be a "break", (but not with the mask mess.) I hope movie theaters don't go by the wayside.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I bought my flight to Anaheim on points and was able to get those points (Skymiles) refunded by Delta, so I should be good to book another flight in a few years. I briefly considered flying out for a shorter trip of two or three nights to check out Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge on what would have been Celebration 2020 days, but decided it wasn’t worth it, both in terms of money and health.

23. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Our outdoor drive in theater is doing good business and they are showing old movies like Deadpool and more recent The Invisible Man. Hopefully they start showing new releases since I wouldn't mind trying it out. I read something about Walmart opening parking lot theaters also

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  25. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    They officially cancelled the Queen Mary Dark Harbor in Long Beach, which is a major haunt in the area that is typically on par with the other So Cal theme park haunts. Haunt season is looking more and more doubtful, even if the theme parks are able to open up.