main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I had my heart set on a D-Squad spinoff, but cool...

ChrisLyne, Link1130 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Not the series I would have asked for and I was kinda sorta hoping the leaks about this weren't true, but I'll watch it and I'm sure I'll enjoy at least to some extent. Maybe it'll even surprise me.

3. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    I think a lot of people said the same thing about The Clone Wars when it was announced. Especially after the dreadful movie they kicked things off with (Rotta still gives me nightmares). With so many of the creatives behind the show being from TCW and Rebels, I think this will likely be fantastic.

Though I'm sure we all were hoping they were announcing an Ahsoka/Sabin animated series. My gut tells me, if that happens, it's going to be live action though. With Ahsoka set to appear in season 2 of Mando (and Sabine rumored as well), it makes me think they're going to use their appearances to gauge fan reaction to a possible series. I'd prefer it to be animated, but eh, Disney gonna Disney.

Link1130 likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Some encouraging news:

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Decided to roll over my ticket for Anaheim 2022. I figure people will be keen on cons once some normalcy is resumed, so it will probably be tricky to acquire tickets. Hoping it'll be possible to sell them through Lyte at a later date.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  6. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    As everyone else, we had to wait and work hard to get that 4 day ticket, it will roll over for 2022 and I won't have to worry about that! I still want a hotel next to the Con. center, hoping I'll be able to do that! I'm very sure everything will be back to normal by 2022.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Agreed @Amon_Amarth. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling through Lyte if you decide not to go, but given how fast 4 day went this time and how many people will likely keep their tickets, I imagine 4 day tickets on the resale will go incredibly fast.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If anybody is interested and has the con bug these days, SDCC has put up a full schedule of online panels for the duration of what the convention would be if it was happening in person (July 22-26). At first, I didn't think it was going to amount to much when they announced it, maybe just a few scattered live streams, some trailers, some hello's by lesser known comic artists or actors. But it turns out it's going to be a full blown con with a schedule that would look like it's from any other con if you didn't know it was all online. There's a good variety of panels going on every hour, a lot of big name guests will be involved, and it's all easily accessible. There's even a few Star Wars panels, the LucasFilm Publishing panel on Friday might be of particular interest to some of you here.

I'll be tuning in throughout the weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I've definitely been in the mood for a con lately. It's not like I have anything better to do. So if this is the closest thing we get for a while, I'm in.

Here's a good overview of the schedule if you want to look into it more. Just click on each individual panel to see what it's about, or sort by each day and all the info will come up automatically.

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/programming-schedule

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Looks good! Will definitely check out the publishing panel :)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I definitely found some interesting stuff that I will try and watch. My biggest interest is the Right Stuff panel though, since I'm a huge space nerd and the original The Right Stuff film is one of my favorite films.

Myself I have just filmed and sent off a video for the virtual Nordic cosplay festival that should have taken place in the weekend as well. I was supposed to do a presentation about the SW costuming clubs, but instead I was offered to make a video. I didn't want to just be myself talking into the camera, but thankfully one of my best friends, one of my hotel room mates in Chicago, who also happens to be the legion commanding officer for the whole 501st legion is also the closest other member to me. I so I drove an hour to her house and we filmed two middle aged women talking nerdy costuming stuff, together with two improvised sock puppets. Since the costuming clubs have a reputation of being serious and elitist among the cosplay crowd we really wanted to show the goofier side of us.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Might be an idea to make that video part of the Virtual Celebration. If it's not in English you could always post a translation with it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Not everyone speaks English. It should be translated into something we can all understand like Huttese.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    E Chu Ta

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It's us rambling in Swedish, I'm not sure how automatic translation would work for it.

15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Let's see it, despite the Swedish! I'm sure we can make out the message! sounds like fun.

16. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Bork, bork

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    All the film delays that got announced today has me applying for a new job. It's been a great run with the company I work for. I love it here, but I can't continue to not make full salary anymore. I don't qualify for unemployment since I was not furloughed, just had my salary cut. We are slated to open again on August 7th. It it happens fantastic, I don't want to leave. If we are delayed again into September or October or heck we don't even open until a vaccine is in place (like I'm hearing rumors of) I have to take care of my family.

On a positive note my Chopper is almost done.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Link1130, ChrisLyne, JonSB and 2 others like this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear that man, but Chopper looks awesome!

21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Halloween Horror nights is officially cancelled. This is huge for the theme park industry.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    To be fair, every night in 2020 has been horror night.

PCCViking, MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry to hear that @Rox, I hope it gets better for you. That Chopper looks incredible.

As for next film being delayed, I guess that means that could do a first look/early teaser at Celebration after all :)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanks guys, I'm talking to a few recruiters here in the DC/NOVA area and have applied for several jobs today. So we'll see how things go. If it comes down to it I have some stock I can cash in and a few other items I can sell off. I've been stashing away gold and silver for years.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Good luck with finding a new job.