main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Looks like the store will be password access. Guessing that will come by the emails some of us aren't getting.

I've just messaged them on a few social media channels and via email. I'd suggest anyone not getting emails do the same. Hopefully if enough people do it around the same time they'll realise it's an issue.

3. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I just got the notification too, the pins are interesting but the rest of the selection is limited,but there were a few things to invest in!

4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Official Site article (and the pin trading section of the SWC site) says additional merch and pins will be revealed and released "throughout the remainder of 2020"

Honestly, if this means they're going to drip feed stuff and constantly add more (which it certainly sounds like) I think that's the wrong approach. Spreading the cost is nice but this would mean multiple shipping costs. And multiple international shipping costs for many fans. Can't see many being happy with that.

Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope they don't get your email.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just seems like standard limited run Star Wars merch. Or merch from a con you never attended. And it's not even like they're doing a virtual con that you can commemorate either. I'll check it out and see what's available. I'll probably pick something up if it doesn't seem too difficult. But I'm not going to stress about it. Plus I went for the refund, so I don't know if that still grants me early bird access or not.

Padme501st likes this.
  7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Might go for some pins but not a great urge. If they don't offer all the pins at one time or force you to buy a shirt to buy certain pins then I won't buy any of them.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just got the email to activate my account for store access.

9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I actually got the email :eek:

Looking at the wording of the official site piece and the pin trading page it seems like they're going to be adding more to the store over the rest of the year rather than dropping everything tomorrow. Going to be brutal on shipping if you want the limited stuff and order every time they drop new stuff.

Nothing really grabs me from the first batch. I normally grab a couple of pins and key art shirts (guessing that Vader and R2/3PO art on the shop page is from the unrevealed key art) so I'll probably wait until those are added if they don't expand the selection from what's on there at the moment.

star_wars_is_good and Temp77 like this.
  10. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I’ve also received an email to activate my account so I can access the store! I was genuinely shocked to receive it given all the emails I’ve not received which I should have done!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Same for me, I was really surprised that I got the email, and then really disappointed in what was available.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's amazing that the emails suddenly work when they want you to give them your money.

Temp77 and ChrisLyne like this.
  13. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Both the LEGO and Funko exclusives went live today as well. I stayed up till Midnight last night to snag the LEGO thinking it would sell out fast like it always does and clearly, I could have waited. It is still available on both LEGO.com and Target.com. Clearly they are producing more. They must have realized the demand is there...

I am probably going to snag a t-shirt with the 40th logo to go with my ANH 40th shirt but the rest of the store stuff is meh. I have been chasing the pins for the last several celebrations as well but I'll save my cash this time around. The novelty has worn off.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  14. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    To be fair... or what ever we should call it, I didn't receive any email when second batch of things from Celebration Chicago became available to buy on Reed Pops website.

But like the rest of you, I have also, much to my surprise, received the email about access to the store tomorrow.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm thinking there are two different systems/servers sending out the emails. One for your account and when you buy things, like I've never had a problem getting my confirmation emails, and then there is the general info one that seems to be a lottery if you get those emails.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  16. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I received my email and activated my Celebration Store account! However, I don't want to purchase anything for now. I am keeping my preorder, which includes 3 t-shirts, the logo pin, lanyard, logo patch and the guide. The only thing that would have been missing for me is the logo magnet (and art magnet if they would have it). It's not on the online store for now... I find it strange that they didn't offer to add merchandise to existing pre-order... especially for international orders such as mine, I wouldn't want to keep paying expensive shipping fees every time a new item gets added! Luckily, I was told that Reed would ship my preordered items for free, even though I was supposed to pick it up in Anaheim.

I saw "Tenet" yesterday in the theater. Yeah! It was the premiere here in Canada (we were getting the movie before the U.S.)... This was certainly the strangest movie premiere I've been to! Out of the 350-seat theater, about 150 seats were made available, but we were only about 15 people there! Physically distanced, for sure! As for the movie, I found it much more confusing than what I expected. I have read some reviews this morning and I see that I wasn't the only one to think that!

Princess_Tina, Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  17. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I want a t-shirt with the Anaheim 2020 logo, just so I can wear it at the next Celebration as a novelty.

Padme501st likes this.
  18. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Metal Lunchbox Tin measures roughly 8 inches wide x 7 inches deep x 3 inches high...that a small lunch :)
    Ordered the Bespin Lego from Lego this morning...overpriced at $40 for 295 pieces though.
    Just checked Lyte to see if it was still active for VIP request. Looks like it but no movement in my spot since May(?)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  19. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    How did the reopening go?

20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I got two emails about the store (I didn’t know RP had my hotmail account, that dates from WAY back) but since I never had tickets I’ll wait till Monday to grab a 40th anniversary shirt, the only thing I really want to go with my 40th ANH shirt

21. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Our movie theaters here (in province of Quebec, Canada) reopened on July 3rd. Until August 3rd, there was a limit of 50 people per show, now up to 200 people. I live in the NCR, on the border with Ontario (Ottawa). I usually go to the theaters in Ottawa much more than those in Quebec, however I did not yet venture to Ottawa (for movies anyway) since reopening... In Ontario, showings are still limited to 50 people per show. I really enjoyed the VIP cinema in Ottawa and last time I went was January 19th for a 6th showing of TROS :yoda:
    Reopening has been very relaxed overall. Out of 50 seats, under 10 seats were sold per showing, except for ESB and Tenet. Let's see, I have all my tickets here. So I went July 4th for "Sonic", July 11th for "ESB" (yeah! 20 seats sold!), July 18th for "Jurassic Park", July 21st for "Target Number One" (new release - Canadian film), July 25th for "Gravity", August 1st for "My Spy", August 25th for "Unhinged" and August 26th for "Tenet". Still low attendance numbers. I am planning to go to the VIP cinema soon! I was planning to see "Tenet" again in VIP, but I don't think I enjoyed it enough to sit through it again... it is a long movie! I'll see. Choice is pretty limited!

JonSB likes this.
  22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It went really well. The people have been fantastic. Everyone is so nice and just happy to be able to get out. I only had to ask one person to mask up and she did when asked. As long as we have one new movie a week to show I think this can work. We can't show library content into the winter months in my opinion.

My staff has been great too. All of the new cleaning we are doing has been well received. I'm just happy to be back to work. I know I am feeling much better. My mind is in a better place for sure.

23. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    The online store was actually surprisingly straightforward! I got a couple of items without too much trouble and taking a lot less time than the 8 hours I spent just to get stuff in the store on opening day of Chicago!

ChrisLyne and Link1130 like this.
  24. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Ordered the Mando t-shirt and pin set. Nice that they let me pay with Apple Pay. Not nice is the $62 price tag after tax and shipping.

25. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    $62?? Are you kidding?

I have to pay $114.68 and that is just for the cheapest shipping option alone. :mad::_|:mad:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020