main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    The set is listed at $50 US. Where are you ordering from?

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I am in Denmark, Europe.

I have an option of either $114.68 with USPS or $153.02 with UPS. And then I have to pay added TAX, VAT and fee when it comes to Denmark before they will give it to me. I am not sure if it is worth it. :(

JonSB likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I wasn't planning on buying anything anyway, but the prices made it an easy decision to pass.

4. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I guess I'm a sucker. I got a few things. My daughter fell in love with the BB-8 avocado shirt and said it would be fun if we matched with them, so I had to get us each one. I also had to have the Luke/tauntaun plush (with the X eyes, obviously). I also got the baseball style ESB 40th anniversary shirt.

I wanted a shirt that said Anaheim 2020 for the novelty, but I'm not a pin guy so the extra $15-25 for the pins kept me away from that.

All in all it is a bit expensive, but at the physical store last year they undercharged me like $150 so I don't feel too guilty about spending some money.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Ouch! That's expensive!! I'm glad I am not buying anything. However, my pre-order will ship for free! For once, I did the pre-order properly and it pays off! I missed the deadline to pre-order for Chicago and I am not one to wait 8 hours for the physical store. I'm lucky to still have everything I wanted. I think the Force was with me... no such thing as luck. :falcon:

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah that seems to be the case. Anything linked to my ticket purchase (like lottery entries/wins/losses in Chicago and this now) I get. General info mails, even ones telling me the event is cancelled, don't come through.

Yikes!! This definitely puts me off ordering from the UK if they add anything I'd like in the next waves.

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Ordered the Mynock, Luke and the Taun-Taun, a regular 40th Anni. shirt and the shirt-pin set, $128 with shipping.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Thank you to @Obi Anne and @LAJ_FETT for doing the Celebration forum event this weekend. It's impossible to match the feel of Celebration, but it was fun to have the various threads to reminisce on. I've also been doing the ST Trivia event and that's been a lot of fun.

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who checked out our film this weekend. I'm glad everyone seemed to have a fun time watching it!

Hopefully we can do this for real in '22!

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Agree 100%! Thanks everyone!

10. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I too agree 100%! This was a fun substitute for the real thing. I know how much work and thought goes into planning these things and it is truly appreciated! The Force is strong here!

11. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    It felt like a virtual forum meetup which was much needed with the cancellations of cons and Celebrations this year. I enjoyed reading everyone's stories though I still have threads to go through. And thanks to everyone for the support of our little film, so happy it brought y'all joy, or at least entertainment lol.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've enjoyed thinking back to previous Celebrations. Maybe we should do it an annual thing. On years when there is no Celebration we have a week of virtual Celebration, we wouldn't need a fully separate forum, but just a reminder of what we are looking forward to.

star_wars_is_good and Padme501st like this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm working on plans to make @ChrisLyne go shoot scenes in the snow in Norway for our sequel as we speak.

Padme501st likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    After opening the store to the unwashed masses, the Mandalorian T-shirt and pin combo is sold out.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  16. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Large size is showing as available right now for some reason

Update: Showing sold out now

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  17. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Seems they restock.
    The Tauntaun X-Eyes was also sold out during the weekend, but was available again later.

And my bad on complaining about the $114.68 shipping. I didn't notice until later, that it was do to the number of things I wanted.
    I had looked to buy the umbrella from Chicago when they opened the shop online later, but as I recall, the shipping was in the $100+, so I assumed the $114.69 was the price without altering the number of things in the basket. Anyway shipping to me is $24.80 as the lowest for one item and then it rises indefinitely depending upon the number of things wanted.

Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  18. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    Anyone get the email about the store closing on September 7th? Looks like store reopenings with new stuff is something we have to look forward to for the next two years.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    What do you think?

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    New stuff available hopefully. I’d like to purchase the whole pin set and not get all those stupid shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link1130 and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  22. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    JonSB likes this.
  24. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I got 22. I'm good with old Legends and the films, but I haven't seen the animated series or kept up with the new EU. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with it anyway.

star_wars_is_good and JonSB like this.