main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Here is a choice, which would you prefer to go to, the 50th Anniv. of Star Wars or the 100th Anniv. of Disney? you can't pick both!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    For me it's easy, since I've never understood people's obsession with Disney. The theme parks are fun and they do some good movies, but I'm definitely not a Disney fan.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    They are very good at marketing, imho.

4. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I assume by the 100th annivesary you mean from when the Disney Company was created?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have a aunt out there that I was thinking about going to visit so if I wanted to it could work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    WB pulled Wonder Woman and has not rescheduled it. Just got word.

Padme501st likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Wow! If true, I think you're literally the first person to break it on the Internet and social media because I'm not seeing anything about it. I figured the odds of opening on Christmas were pretty low.

Padme501st likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Wow, shots fired at @ChrisLyne's lack of wealth.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The forum moves and we're already getting inside scoops.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ignore me it was the original movie not the new release. I need to learn how to read better lol.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lol. No problem. I still think there's a good chance it moves at some point.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I will have to pick in order of importance, I'd go to star Wars Cele. 50! it'll only come once. we will not be around for 100, but 50 is special. I went to the Star trek 50th Anniv. convention several years ago and will never regret it, yes, I like Star Trek. I would hope, at Star Wars 50th, George Lucas would be there as well as what is left of the original cast and crew. I'm not being negative about it either! I would like to go to Disneyland again in the future but my husband will not go! he won't even think about Disneyworld and I've never been there, I want to see that before I die!

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Celebration for Star Wars’ 50th. Let’s be honest, it’s probably the last one Lucas will do, Hamill will hopefully come back for it, and I hope they’ll go as all out as they did for the 40th. Plus I’d hope they’d have some exciting new stuff to announce and debut for the 50th.

Disney company 100th is likely to just be a bit of a paint job and maybe a new fireworks show. If they were planning any big builds or expansions they’d probably need to be starting them now to be ready in time. The parks themselves might get a bit more attention (in terms of rides and stuff) for their 100ths but we’re talking 2055 for Disneyland and 2071 for Walt Disney World.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Padme501st likes this.
  14. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Don't want to be a debbie downer, but that's assuming Hamill, Ford, and Lucas are even alive in 2027. But I hope in 2027 along with those 3, they literally find anybody that worked on the film, from costumed stormtroopers and Jawas to the prop designers. People from the OT aren't getting any younger, so we should cherish the people that we have left..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I want to see the look on @Rox's aunt's face when @ChrisLyne shows up to stay at her house.

You failed.

Padme501st likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, George is 76 this year so that would put him at 83 in 2027. Harrison is 78, so 85 for him. Mark is a bit younger at 69, so 76 for him.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    No Time to Die just got pushed to April, so that's another big blow to cinemas.

18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think that's why they went all out for the 40th anniversary, especially with it being right after Carrie's death. They definitely took a good hard look at the situation and decided to do the big anniversary then. It's highly unlikely that the 50th anniversary panel will even come close to what the 40th anniversary panel was.

19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    That's true, as long as they stay alive, I hope they will show up for the 50th! but.... will there be a 50th? will there be a 2022 Cele.? Let's see how Reed will be doing by then. In the beginning, I did not like the way Reed ran the Cele.'s, now I appreciate them because of the 40th Anniv. Cele.! it was so great! but, please, no more Cele's. in Chicago! it was pretty expensive, as a lot of you found out( me too). Also, I meant the 100th Anniv. of the Disney Co. we probably won't be around for the 100th of either Star Wars or Disneyland, maybe as Force Ghosts!

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also had the feeling that after the loss of Carrie they really wanted to beat on the big drum with the 40th before losing any more.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    John Williams was even older than that when he went to SWCO, right? So I don't think it should be an issue as long as they are in good health.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I feel like the 40th was the last big blow out. These things will always draw big crowds but the emotions running in that auditorium are going to be hard to top. Especially now that several of the key players have passed on.

23. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Despite their ages at the time of the 50th, it would be very good for G.L, H.F. and M.H. and anyone left from the original movies, if possible to attend the Cele.(if they are still around!) I really hope these 3 are and anyone else from the era. I hope they appreciate what an impact they've had on the world!

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I doubt John Williams would do another Cele unless it was UK-based. He had some health issues awhile back and I'm not sure if he'd be up to long flights.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  25. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I wonder what John Williams thought of attending Cele.? did he just show up and go? or did he stick around? I was so glad he came, even though I was in the overflow room! It must have been outstanding to be there in the same place with him, all I could do was say, "Wow" and clap.