main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    It was fun last year. You could get into the panels that they had, lines for autos and photo ops wasn't long...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    How was the celebrity selection? good dealers on the floor? Where was it held?

3. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    It was held at LAX Marriott.

Celebrities: It was mostly people that played costumed background extras, a few from the Cantina Scene. In terms of big names, Billy Dee Williams was there. I already got his picture at Celebration in Chicago earlier in the year, so no need to get it again. He was scheduled to have a panel to discuss his long career in film, but he fell ill and it was cancelled. He replaced Peter Mayhew who was originally scheduled but died a few weeks after attending Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Jim Cummings was there, and a few of the other Voice Actors from Cline Wars/Rebels was there, can't remember the names.

They had a huge room that had a bunch of unreleased behind the scene production photos from Gary Kurtz's personal archives. It also had a few of Peter Mayhew's personal Star Wars items, like his copy of I want to say ROTJ..

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Shopping the Celebration store is done. Ended up with the succlent planter, Bespin Mining notebooks and a IG-11 Day care t-shirt. I'm splitting the shipping with a friend who I bought stuff for as well.

5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I ended up getting the Taun Taun slippers and the western style Mando shirt. I'm usually a big pin collector but I like getting them at the actual con and trading and stuff.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Emerald City Comic Con and C2E2 have both been scheduled to take place in December 2021. Both of those cons usually take place in the spring, so that's a pretty significant chunk of time from when they are normally held. With C2E2 having already been scheduled for March 2021, which was also on the same weekend that WonderCon is currently scheduled, so I wonder if a similar move might be made there.

A ReedPop official is also quoted as saying that there's a lot of competition right now for venue space due to all the cancellations this year and organizers wanting to get their events back on track. So that obviously won't smooth over for a while even after the Covid situation gets under control. And is probably some insight as to why Celebration got pushed out to 2022 as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsal...ld-city-and-c2e2-conventions/?sh=5d5e95b82bd6

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Indiana Comic Con moved from May to October.

If the Pfizer vaccine continues to deliver good news and is widely available for everyone in April, then cons in the back half of '21 can be a realistic goal.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Here in Sweden the one convention called ComicCon has cancelled it's Gothenburg version, that takes place in spring. They had just started doing a con there, so one is wondering if they are giving up on Gothenburg for the foreseeable future. The one in Stockholm that was supposed to be in September this year was moved to March, and now it's in November. That one might be possible. Here in Sweden they are talking about the possibility of a vaccine for the general public in the second half of 2021.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I got my pin for rolling my ticket over.

[​IMG]

StarWarsFan1997, Rox and ChrisLyne like this.
  11. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I am actually glad it got pushed back to 2022; gives me a little more time to save more money and macimize my time for Anaheim..

12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Spent too much in the store but splitting shipping with friends and this is our “holiday” for this year so I can justify it :)

And yeah, have to admit that 2022 works better for me than 2021 so I was pretty happy with the new dates.

13. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I did not get a pin and rolled my ticket over too, I need that pin!

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I thought I'd share this here in case anyone is interested.

It's a little pricey at $125, but you can buy a 3 minute video chat with Ashley Eckstein and then you get a download of the video afterwards to keep.

There's also a send in autograph option and a free (you just have to register) panel with her and Bret Iwan.

I've done a couple of the video chats and watched some panels through GalaxyCon and they do a really good job with everything. It helps fill the con void we're living in right now.

https://galaxycon.com/blogs/news/dec-12-eckstein-iwan

BrentC007 likes this.
  15. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Hmm, I'd actually be more interested in Bret Iwan. I think I have a pretty accurate Mickey Mouse voice, but don't know if that's just an easy voice to do or what. He could maybe validate that for me and, who knows, maybe it starts the train leading me to be his successor.

16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Be one with the mouse.

Just a heads up, if anybody is ordering anything for the holidays, there are items marked for shipping by December, and other items that aren't scheduled to ship until early 2021. So if you are ordering items from both categories, make sure to do separate orders, because if you combine them it won't ship until 2021.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If you do it, please share the video. :)

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just got my confirmation that my tickets have transferred to 2022.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You beat me to it. I just got it too.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I was actually in line on Lyte to get a 4 day pass, so I wonder when and if they will open up Lyte for 2022

22. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Man, that email announcement of the Receipt for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 got me so stoked when I saw it. I thought it was the receipt for a VIP ticket from the waiting list I am still on (?). Super disappointed when I realized it was just a confirmation of the transfer. I don't know if they are transferring the waiting list or going to announce a new one for 2022. I checked my waiting position and it still is at the same number and the waiting list on LYTE still has 2020 for it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    This is purely a guess on my part, but I'm guessing they'll release the tickets returned for a refund as available for sale on the Celebration website and then as those start to sell out, reopen Lyte.

24. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I am #187 on Lyte

25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk