main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I also got the confirmation email from Reed. Almost 3 months after the transfer happened.

2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I don't expect to get a VIP ticket since I am double digits away from it but a man can dream and hope for a miracle. The 4 day tickets waiting list moved really fast in the past so I would be very surprised if you don't get yours if the waiting list is transferred to 2022

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Wonder Woman 1984 is releasing on HBO Max on Christmas Day for no extra cost. It will also play in theaters that are open.

As a customer I'm happy, but this is going to be a big blow to theaters.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    After I got my two passes from Lyte earlier this year, I contacted ReedPop and they let me add lanyards and the guide book to my order. My lanyards came in the mail today. They're the same ones that are being sold on the online store, they're using the key art but the Celebration logo has no date on it.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It’s really a kick to the nuts. When I found out earlier this morning I had a panic attack. I’m ready for some good news. The vaccine needs to come quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Did they quietly change Celebration to a 5 day event again? Because my rollover confirmation email says August 18-22.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    December 16th here (assuming cinemas reopen). Promise I won't spoil it for you :D

I'd be good with this. I loved having the show floor day in Chicago, felt like it took some of the pressure off from trying to fit everything in.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm blocking you just in case.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I am in the Celebration Facebook group, and one of the admins said it was likely a Typo. Atill, I could see them possibly doing 5 days for future celebrations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They write out the days "Thursday" and "Monday", so that's more than a typo. Could be a mistake, but that's not a typo.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    For those looking to buy tickets:

ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  12. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Hi everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some merchandise from previous Celebrations? I attended Celebration Chicago in 2019 and bought several T-shirts in larger sizes so that I could pretty much always wear them, but some of them are enormous and I was hoping to buy some in smaller sizes that fit me better. Are there any Facebook groups or fan sites that sell these? From what I've seen, eBay is really hit or miss with what's available. Thanks!

13. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Please, no more 5 dayers! that should've happened on the 40th Anniv. Cele. Who knows, people who did not role over their tickets may end up paying much more for the new ones, also, we who rolled over the tickets, would we be paying for one more day if they extend it to 5 days?. As for the lanyard no number, just write the former date on it, in memory of the Cele. that wasn't, add a little virus emblem on it too.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    @Trev Elyt: The Celebration online store is open right now with a bunch of stuff available, and some items just have the Celebration logo with no specific year attached. Perhaps even contact them directly and ask if they have any remaining items from previous Celebrations that you could order. Either that or join the Celebration Facebook group and just ask around to see if anybody has anything they are willing to sell. Other than that, Ebay is pretty much your best bet to be able to just find something for sale and buy it, which you would have to just check frequently.

ChrisLyne and Trev Elyt like this.
  15. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Awesome, thank you so much! This information is super helpful. I really appreciate it! :)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Just confirmed on Twitter, SWCA is still 4 days, emails were in error.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Proof:

[​IMG]

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I was about to be kind of miffed. I've never attended a five day con and really want to attend one, and I would have held on to my ticket if I knew Celebration was going to become five days.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think we are all relieved we don't have to endure five days with @ChrisLyne again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I actually think five days is too long. The five day Celebrations have always had one day, either the first or the last, that feels like a big lull and people are just going around because they have the tickets, not because they really enjoy it. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy that fifth day, but the energy is definitely different when walking the halls.

Padme501st likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    There's definitely an energy dip on the Monday but I did love having a day just to browse the show floor and do the Celebration Store without worrying about missing panels.

22. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I always feel rushed and miss out on a few events even with 5 days in Chicago so I would not mind 5-6 days.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't tell my wallet, but I'm always down for more days as well. I was never bored in Chicago.

JonSB likes this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I love that sense of basically living at the con, and four days always seems to just fly by way too quickly. So just having that overall sense of it being five days I think would be really cool.

darthvader88 likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've attended the London Celebrations which were three days. I was usually Celebrated-out by the third day and spent most of the time waiting for the vendors to start packing up so I could look for sales. And i was usually just starting to come down with the Con Crud so I was glad to get home.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Padme501st likes this.