main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    No, that would take away the special feeling, and I definitely can't afford a US trip every year, I liked it when it was every three years.

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Sure. Why not? You don't have to go every year and they'll have plenty of stuff to promote now going forward.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't think I could keep up if they moved them to yearly. I actually think this is my last Celebration for a couple years.

I'm going to Disney World in August for 2 weeks, even though it's a vacation Disney can always can stressful with all the planning you normally have to do. Then next year is Celebration. The week before Celebration we are going to fly into Portland and rent an RV and drive it down to LA. We want to drive down and sight see. Go to the Redwood Forests, visit some hot springs, camp and relax. I told my family we would take a normal relaxing vacation in 2023. No conventions or theme parks. Somewhere beachy and slow paced.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Every 2-3 years is good. Definitely not every year.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd rather they go all out every 2-3 years, which also allows everybody to attend at once. Versus a lesser convention each year, that will probably be hit or miss in terms of attendance.

Plus the actors wouldn't want to be bothered with it every year, so that too would be hit or miss in terms of who is there.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Some good news today. We've now hit 150M vaccine doses administered in the US. We also crossed the 50% mark of all Americans age 65+ being fully vaccinated. 73.5% of Americans 65+ have received at least one dose, so by the end of April we will be over 70% of all seniors.

Overall 37.7% of all American adults have received at least one dose with 21.1% fully vaccinated.

7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Still hard to believe 15% won't get the vaccine and another 15% probably won't based on one report from Pew Research that I saw. Hopefully they change their minds to increase the chances of herd immunity.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Straight up I just don't want to wear this mask anymore. I understand if people are scared and don't want the vaccine, I think it scares most of us. I have an appointment for Saturday to get my vaccine. I was able to get in this round here in Maryland due to being overweight and having high blood pressure. Being overweight finally won me something :/

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Sweden is really going for age first, from the oldest to the youngest. We are in group 2 now, which is 70+, at group 3 they are starting to put in other risk factors, so I will get my vaccine there instead of having to wait until it opens for everyone. The schedule right now is that group 3 will start in the end of May, so it's still a long way to go though.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I have been known to make negative posts about @ChrisLyne on this board from time to time. After this past year has allowed ample time for self reflection, I have come to the realization that this is wrong.

Chris is a passionate, knowledgeable Star Wars fan and a valued member of this forum. To make negative comments even in a joking way is inappropriate because he or someone else may not understand my intent.

So from this point forward I will be treating him with the kindness and respect that he deserves. Happy April Fools' Day.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s much better than I expected. If you asked me at say June of last year I would have said 50% would get vaccinated.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I was just going to come in here to challenge anyone to make the funniest April Fool's joke, but now it seems there we already have a clear contender.

If I had thought about it earlier we could have made a proper contest out of it, now it's just a challenge to make us smile (we sure need it and you will have at least my gratitude)

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  17. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I was wondering what was gonna happen with NYCC. Hopefully they can hold it in October...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  19. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, got one costume in the bag for Celebration. Goes perfect with my JarJar Mask..[​IMG]

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Happy Easter everyone

501 days feels like forever but I’m sure time will just fly once things start getting more normal later on in the year.

MotivateR5D4 and JonSB like this.
  21. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I followed both of yours example and wrote to Reed Pop. They responded the next day and the shipping label was made the following day.
    This is so stupid. If they have the stuff, then why don't they get it out the door? Their "We are shipping as fast as possible" seems like a load of crap. Pardon my language, but it does.
    I got my order in less than 24 hours after they opened the shop in November, so they sure as heck doesn't ship it in the order it was ordered.
    So now it is 'only' 6-8 weeks before I have it since i opted for the cheaper shipping option because I also have to pay VAT and customs for the shipping price.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    ChrisLyne and Obi Anne like this.
  22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    DV88, if the masks are STILL required, you don't have to worry you are fully covered!

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  24. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Ooh, its nice they plan to do a different city each year...

25. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I assune Creation Entertainment is still gonna do their own Star Trek Convention in 2022:

https://www.creationent.com/cal/cemission_lv.html

It will be interesting to see how the 2 will operate, if thats the case..