main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    To buy a CCSE badge, or not to buy a CCSE badge.

That is the question.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Comic Con Special Edition still hasn't sold out after 3 hours. The cap is rumored to be 60K and if the order number on a ticket reflects the actual number of tickets then "only" 45K were sold in 90 min. Not surprising considering the COVID-19, Thanksgiving weekend, the mandatory 3 day buy, and the lack of info on guests. The last SDCC in 2019 I think was 130K and sold out in 70 min. Hopefully they give more info on guests in the next 6 weeks.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I've got to think most attendees will be locals. I can't imagine flying in for this. I hope it goes well. I'd go if I lived nearby.

Jedi Knight Fett and JonSB like this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea I’m holding off. I kind of feel like it’s going to be a big vendor con under the guise of being a Comic Con Special Edition. And not surprisingly, strategically placed right before the holidays. I’m not even sure if the returning registration is worth it, being that it will practically double the amount of people who qualify. Even if I could go with ease, it will still only be for a day, so three day pass definitely doesn’t seem worth it.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    SDCC special hasn't been organized for long as the other cons that took place at this stage of the pandemic, like DragonCon. Our RL base is still waiting to hear details about fan tables etc. It's kind of a last min thing, so I'm not surprised that it hasn't been sold out immediately. And could be for the better.

Another factor was probably poor instructions whether you'll be qualified to get SDCC 2022 tix if you rolled over 2021 for the special edition.
    I'll be there, no flying required. It'll probably e just a low key hang out with other fans, but after everything, I'm really looking forward to it!

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  6. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Amon. please report back after you attend, I can't imagine an under 60,000 in 3 days( or is that per day?) but if you have to buy a 3 day ticket, they may be trying to make up losses? I had such a good time when I attended in 2009!

7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    This is probably the time to shine for some of those in the Rebel Legion Sunrider Base.

8. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Disney has today announced that Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will open for reservations beginning October 28 2021.
    Disney Vacation Club members, Disney Passholders and Disney Visa Cardmembers, will have a special early booking opportunity in the coming weeks with details to be announced. The first voyages will take place March 1 2022.
    https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/st...cruiser-reservations-open-october-28-2021.htm

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I have a Disney VISA card, I'll keep an eye out for any emails and paste them in here. I think we are gonna do the Starcruiser in 2023 or 2024 now. My wife really wants to go to somewhere tropical for our next vacation.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    NYCC is this week. If all goes smoothly then we should be good to go for Celebration.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Our local comiccon has announced this weekend that they will require a vaccination pass or a negative test that is not older than 72 hours. They also say that this is a standard that's been created by the organisation for conventions and conferences, so this will likely be the norm for any kind of convention in Sweden in the near future.

12. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    People are posting pics of them setting up booths at NYCC. Looks nice...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    We can hope it remains this straight forward for a lot of other things.

16. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The one thing I'm wondering about is that they want that for foreign visitors they want to see proof of vaccination on paper or a photo, and the EU-wide proof of vaccination is in an app as far as I know. At least my vaccine card is just on my phone, I haven't checked if I can print it in some way since I'm not planning anything that would require a printed version.

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in England you can get a printed letter as proof of vaccine if you don't have a smartphone. The option to request one is on the NHS England website. For those in countries other than the US, you might want to check on your government or health provider's website.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  19. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011

I was able to secure a booking for the 2nd "sailing" on March 3. Really looking forward to this.

20. navarr

navarr Jedi Master

Jun 3, 2011
    My wife and I were able to get 2 three day badges for it. This will be our first time attending. Not expecting a normal show but still it will be fun. We were also able to get the Hilton across the street for our hotel. I also had a lot of airline travel credit that I was able to combine and get our round trip airline for almost nothing. If nothing else it will be a fun vacation.

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    [​IMG]

SWAU at NYCC

BrentC007 and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  22. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Congrats! There was no way I was going to be able to justify paying that much for a trip before flying out and staying in Anaheim a week for Celebration. Does anyone else think that they’ll have something at the convention to hype the Starcruiser? I personally think they could do something on the show floor like was done with Galaxy’s Edge.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think that's pretty likely.

24. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Anyone at NYCC? I scrolled through Twitter to see how the crowd density was compared with prior years, as this would likely inform how SWCA feels. This panel seems pretty full at least:

Padme501st and darthvader88 like this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good to see that most are wearing masks. I see that one lady back by the technician that isn't but it's possible she is staff.