main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Anybody know where I can get a high quality Grand Admiral uniform?

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So next weekend it's the first convention in Sweden since before the pandemic. I have a photo op with Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter). It's going to be a plexiglass between us, so now I'm thinking about good poses that can be made. Any idea? Something I've learnt from photo ops is that you need to be really prepared for what you want, if you want it to be good and not just a "Stand up and look at the camera" - shot.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Clearly you need to dangle a pair of shoes over the top of the plexiglass.

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I should say that I will wear my Luna Lovegood costume (of course)

5. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    No updates on tickets thru Lyte yet but they changed to a different view when I checked my ticket status. Instead of showing the two tickets that I have requested ( one unfilled ) they are showing my two 2020 tickets, two refund options in the past(?), and one 2022 ticket being issued. When I now click on my unfilled request in orders it shows "Oops We can't seem to find the page you're looking for"

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That doesn't seem promising.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  7. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I think they just updated their links and interface but who knows. I think you mentioned a while ago that the Celebration site was giving a similar message under tickets but I wasn't seeing the same message at that time under Lyte. Hopefully they will give more updates soon.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I hope we hear something soon now NYCC is done but I still think it will be New Year before we hear anything.

9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, they still have C2E2 in December that I am going to. But yeah, I am guessing Reedpop will start giving us the info by January at the latest..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They didn't start reselling NYCC tickets until July, so that would be February if RP uses a similar timeline.

BrentC007 likes this.
  11. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Not Celebration related, but new Star Wars:

12. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I guess February will be when they launch sales of new "Celebration 2022" themed merchandise(t-shirts, lanyards, hoodies, hats, etc.) too then.

13. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Do you think they will have a new set of merchandise for next year? I wonder if it will be mostly T-shirts?

14. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They will definitely have a full range of new merch. They sold everything online last year so they don't have anything held back to sell next year. Plus next year they will be able to focus on Boba Fett, Andor and Kenobi as well.

That would be my guess. If they do pre-order merch with new ticket sales I'm sure they'll add a way for existing ticket holders to pre-order it. With it being about 3 months out they may just make the standard pre-order stuff part of the Road to Celebration merch and handle it that way.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    BrentC007 likes this.
  15. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, I am still on Lyte, plus my friend also said I can have his extra 4 day pass, so I am hoping they can let everyone order the bew merch even if they don't have a ticket yet..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm sure they will want to take your money.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  17. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I got my passes from Lyte just before COVID and everything changed and when I contacted them, they still let me order lanyards and the commemorative guide. They sent me the lanyards meant for 2020, but since no guide was produced, they told me to hold onto my e-mail receipt and next year at Anaheim they'd give me a copy of the new guide at the ticket area.

I have no doubt they'll be new saga art work done for posters and merchandise for 2022 and they'll give us a chance to add on pre-orders of the 2022 shirts, lanyards, hats, etc.

I'm sure they're working on new merchandise now as we speak for the Celebration store. Look how fast they were able to produce some exclusive Mando S1 related stuff meant to be sold at the 2020 convention.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I had a great time at Stockholm comiccon this weekend. It was the first convention since before the plague. There were fewer tickets sold to keep the crowds down and you had to show either a vaccine pass or a recent negative test to get in. Otherwise it was just as before. I mentioned earlier that I had bought a photo op with Evanna Lynch from Harry Potter. I got really surprised when there was no plexiglass between us, and she actually put her arm around me (we are definitely the same height, but not exactly the same weight). I saw some other photo ops with other guests and some of them had plexiglass and some didn't so it must have been up to the guest. I did some rounds in my new jedi costume on Friday and Saturday, but I had the most fun being a fun and sporty princess Daisy from Supermario, especially with my cosplay friend who does Luigi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne, j-jawa3, BrentC007 and 3 others like this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Luigi's pipe is really cool.

21. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Obi Anne, what fun and wonderful pictures! it sounds like you had great time, what a relief.!

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes it was fun, I think the most fun was also just the sheer joy from so many people that we could have an event again. Especially on Saturday, which saw the most cosplayers on the floor, there was a special energy that I haven't always felt at cons.

23. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, Obi Anne, you are amoung your people-fans! we all have "separation from Cele." and other con. problems lately don't you think? I'm so glad for you! Those lifght sabers look very real!

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

It's Disney's fiscal 4th quarter which is July-September. So Andor should have a big presence at Celebration.

25. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Speaking of, I’ve heard there are going to be some previews of Star Wars Disney+ shows shown tomorrow on Disney+ day. Everyone keep one eye on their phone and the other on whatever else they are doing tomorrow