main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    My wife is currently booking it. That is the moment when you have absolutely no doubt that you have married the right girl.

JonSB, Darkslayer and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I woke up to the London news, and with it being over Easter I should be able to make it. It also means crowded hotels and flights, and I had swore never to go to London over Easter again after I was there with my nephew some years ago. Anyway I have made a reservation at the Holiday Inn at Excel so that I have a room as a good backup unless I find something better.

I think this will be the first full on four day Celebration in Europe, so that's great that they are giving us as many days as the American ones.

3. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I just want to say what a pleasure it was chatting with you all in this thread. You were all very helpful, and I really appreciate it. Darkslayer, sorry we never got a chance to meet. Hopefully next time. May the Force be with you!

4. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I am very enthused for you all!

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Good call! Seems rooms are booking up fast!

And yes, first 4 days in Europe! And first time it's not in July as well. April is teaser trailer time and this combined with Kennedy saying they hope to have Taika's movie ready for Christmas 2023 makes me think they're planning to kick off the marketing here (assuming it stays on that schedule). Exciting times!

6. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I also want to thank you all for your help these last few years as we waited for this. I’ve also enjoyed the chats. I’ve had some health issues over the past year and wasn’t even sure I would be able to attend. Talking to you all here helped me through. I’m so sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet up with @star_wars_is_good in person, but there was just several times where I had to go back to my hotel and just take a rest. I hope we can meet up next time!
    But i was so glad to say hi to @ChrisLyne in the Ewan line. I hope i didn’t startle you by randomly approaching you like that, but when I recognized you standing nearby, I just had to say hello!

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree! The convention really negated all perception I had that Star Wars fans are toxic. Maybe so online, but in real life I don't think I have met a nicer group of people outside of my immediate family/friends.

groove790, ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Not at all! I've absolutely loved getting to say hi to so many people last week! Felt so good to see people in person after 3 years!

BrentC007, Darkslayer and groove790 like this.
  9. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Three years! it's been that long... wow.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Been catching up on all the intervewis, I was really surprised she got almost no applause

11. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    Unfortunately, the fans are divided over her.

12. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I was there when this happened. Anthony's intro had people thinking it was Ford or Williams, so anyone else was going to be a letdown.

BrentC007 and Ginkasa like this.
  13. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Was this the "opening panel"? how sad, I thought Kennedy had been fired? or was she rehired?

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    She's never been fired. And no, it was the Star Wars Show they do at every celebration. 1 on 1 interview.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  15. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yep, it was exactly this. When he intro'd the next guest as someone involved in both Star Wars and Indiana Jones I was instantly hyped for Harrison. I didn't mind her as a guest, but a behind the scenes executive is going to be a letdown when you've been lead to believe you're getting a legacy lead actor.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    True, esp. if the announcer shows great enthusiasm in describing he person with great gusto! Darkslayer, I thought that Kathleen had been fired by George Lucas or another person several years ago, or that there was talk about how bad of a job she had been doing. I only saw it once or twice. As I was watching a movie the other night, I noticed her name included, the movie was good! it was pretty late and I was waiting for a meteor shower,

17. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So the biggest question now that Celebration Europe IV has been announced is, how will @ChrisLyne go to Walmart? And does this mean we'll have to take @star_wars_is_good to... a Lidl?

Darkslayer and star_wars_is_good like this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I mean technically Asda would be the one since they used to be owned by Wal-Mart but I have a Tesco clubcard so we can go there and I can get some air miles ;)

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can't wait to fill my trolley with snacks for the week.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Having second thoughts and thinking about going to England. I haven't been to England before but I hear they have weird food like bangers, toad in a hole, black pudding, and serve their beer warm. Do they speak American? :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I've watched Ted Lasso so I feel like I'm prepared.
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer and JonSB like this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This Yank hasn't had any problems..

Darkslayer and JonSB like this.
  25. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    If warm beer is going to be my greatest concern, count me in as a willing participant.

Darkslayer likes this.