main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    LMAO, facts only.
    The only remaining question now is how much will Official Pix be charging for the dual photo op?

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    My agent is going to squeeze out every dollar...I mean pound.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just got a survey from RP

4. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
  5. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    One thing I learned from going to London this year was that your really don’t need to bring any cash. Everything from train tickets to food stands accepts contactless payments (phone or plastic card), and many places only accepted those forms of payment. I ended up reconverting most of the pounds I brought on this trip.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    One thing to remember is to tell your bank or credit card provider before you travel if you don't do a lot of international trips. Unusual usage of a card can trigger a security alert and you might find your card blocked if they don't know. Visa or Mastercard are commonly accepted here but there can be issues with Amex or Diner's Club.

Ginkasa likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They actually included SWC emails [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Just because you're banned from the newsletter doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Darkslayer and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It gets better - Jane actually got one and I didn’t [face_laugh]

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  10. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    apparently I'm banned from the newsletter as well. I haven't gotten the email yet. They probably blacklisted me after my review of Orlando 17 and chic 19.

Darkslayer and star_wars_is_good like this.
  11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    What is this newsletter you are talking about?

I just finished recording the next episode of the podcast I'm doing, with a lot of talk about Celebration and how none of us doing the pod was there. We have great plans for London though and of course we are planning on applying for the podcast stage.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It's funny as I never receive the generic news emails at my yahoo email (I actually created a gmail just to get them) but everything linked to my ticket purchase normally comes through so I would have expected to get the survey.

13. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I never get the newsletter and just like I didn’t with Chicago, I haven’t received the survey this time either!

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't worry. I asked for more David Collins panels on your behalf.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would love more David Collins panels!

Amon_Amarth, Darkslayer and ChrisLyne like this.
  16. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Hoping for Music of ROTJ next year for the 40th!

Darkslayer and My young Padawan like this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Let me know when that is so I can see Mark and Harrison on the live stage.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I feel like next year is our best shot at getting Mark for awhile. It's ROTJ's 40th, surely that has to count for something?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it's possible he goes to the panel. The question is would he be willing to make the trip to London? I don't expect him to sign again.

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    He did the first two London events but both of those were before he retired from conventions. Like @star_wars_is_good says, I think there's a chance he comes for the panel (really, really hope he does!) but I wouldn't expect him to sign.

If he does then I hope he does his own panel as well as the 40th, they're always a highlight :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    star_wars_is_good likes this.
  22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes! for all that are there!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Unfortunately, going to London is out of my price range and abilities right now, but again, I'm so thrilled for everyone who can go, especially those who live close enough that it won't be a far trip.

My biggest regret right now about not being able to attend is that I have a feeling the Art Show is going to have a lot of great work inspired by the Obi-Wan Kenobi series and I'm going to miss out on it [face_laugh]

I'm just throwing this out there and will bring this up again as we get closer, but if there is a print that I really want, would anybody be willing to pick it up for me? I will pay you extra for your troubles and of course shipping and everything. I was thinking it would be easier for American fans who attends to do this, since it would be easier for them to ship it back to me once they got home. I'd really, really appreciate it!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Didn't even think of Kenobi! My wallet was crying just at the thought of ROTJ art, now it's double crying.

If no one from the US can pick up the print for you then I can as we're definitely going.

BrentC007 likes this.
  25. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Thank you so much! [face_laugh]

I just realized there is probably gonna be a lot of art inspired by the first season of Andor as well.

I'm sure they're also working on the ROTJ edition of "From A Certain Point of View", so I wonder if they'll try to get as many authors as they can to be there to sign it like they did for the ANH edition.

ChrisLyne likes this.