main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    +1. And the Peabody Orlando was the nicest hotel my wife and I have ever booked at.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    TWEN - TY - TWELVE! TWEN - TY - TWELVE! TWEN - TY - TWELVE! Woooo! *cheerleaders shake pom-poms*

3. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I sensed a little bit of playful sarcasm behind the statement "you might find the host city a real surprise" and that kind of makes me think it will come as no suprise and it will be at Orlando again, which is 100% awesome in my book.

Orlando was a great host city and given that it will likely be in the week of May 25th or near that would mean Star Wars Weekends and can you imagine the double whammy of awesome of doing Star Wars Weekends during a Celebration? They could do an extra special SWW to accompany the goings on at C6 as well.

What kind of struck me was there was no talk of cities bidding for C6 like they did for C5 so either that was done a long time ago or it was/is being conducted in hush-hush manner.

What if it was San Francisco? Home turf of Lucasfilm?

It's all speculation until we hear for sure, but I'm hoping for Orlando even if I have to fly from one corner of the galaxy to the next.

4. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Here's another vote for Indy, but I'm betting it's outside America.

5. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    What makes you say that?

C6 outside the United States? Lucasfilm & Reed would be shooting themselves in the foot.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's my guess as well.

And personally, I do hope it's back in Orlando. Plenty to do in the area and one of my favorite cities to visit.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    When on vacation, it matters not to me what the weather is like. I can have a great time during a snow blizzard. However, I too, hope that it's back in Orlando. Knowing that it was in August helped me prepare for the Florida weather. Yes, I did all the parks in the area and still had a blast at CV. Personally, it's all in how you look at. Having the time of my life, meeting new friends, attending the parties and absorbing the atmosphere was the best convention ever.
    But then, I always look at the glass being half full . . . I'm so there for CVI no matter where it's held.[face_dancing]

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I wonder if Reed will set the total number of available VIP badges to 300 again or increase that number a little for C6.

9. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I don't know where all this 2012 is coming from? It could just be that we are being told the location and date of the 2013 con so that we are well prepared. CV was so late in announcing and gathering together that it all seemed a little rushed, but came off as one of the best Celebrations to date.

I'm backing Orlando for a second time as well. The location was perfect. I was even told by a Reed representative at CV that it'll be 'Back here next time', meaning Orlando. So I hope that still holds true.

Wherever it is - we'll be there.

Also - very much doubt it'll be outside the U.S. for a 'numbered' celebration. The UK one was called Celebration Europe - not CV after all! That said, I spoke to Mary Franklin and she does want to do another Celebration Europe, a CE2, as she called it.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We are all waiting for a CE2, as I've mentioned I would prefer a CE2 in 2012 and then a US celebration in 2013.

On the other hand I had a quite weird dream last night, and it made clear that the surprise is that CVI is going to be held in Edinburgh, so we will all have to take the ferry to Denmark. Unfortunately the only ferry that's available is the Titanic. (I told you it was weird)

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    As posted on the first page of the thread, there have been two inadvertant leaks from Reed that it would be in 2012.

I'm putting away $200/month towards CVI, so if its 2013 instead of 2012 that just means another 4800 for the trip [face_devil]

We'll find out the week of May 25th, and congrats to Reed for getting us to build up the excitement for the announcement!

12. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    The "surprise" remark plus the fact the that the next two celebrations after C4 were outside America (Europe, Japan).

I hope they don't go outside the US either, but just seems that Lucasfilm wants to spread the opportunity for others.

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I never expected them to release even a morsel of potential info on C-VI this early. Even the promise of news is most welcome and exciting! :D I'm there regardless of city or time of year. :)

I like the novelty of it being in 2013 to correspond with the 30th anniversary of RotJ, but 2012 also means it's just that much closer.

14. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    These are great rumors, Didn't expect to have any news this early in the game!

I guess they are trying to avoid the delays in anouncments they had for CV, which I believe were caused by the change to Reed as hosting company, who probably had to rush to get it all done in time. And what a great job they did of it, one of the best Celeb to date!

As for location, I'd also expect it to be Orlando again, as they might have gotten a great deal on the place after the success of CV. However, with Reed's statement that the location would surprise us, I makes me think it could also be a place like DC or San Francisco.

Don't believe an international location would be selected for a Celeb, but a parallel con overseas would be a good strategy, maybe even in 2013. Who knows, they could even have it in San Juan, PR as it now has the largest convention center in the Caribbean, and as a US territory there's no need for passports and it's a short flight from most major US hubs.

In any case, I'm exited they'll be anouncing soon, so I can start making arrangements! [face_dancing]

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    In terms of an international Celebration, CE2 is probably the only one likely to be on the cards at the moment. Japan isn't is any shape to host another (tourism profile wise) and the only other one we've heard floated from LFL people was a COz which given the strength of our dollar is cost prohibitive at this point.

CVI in 2012 would be interesting. Shorter gap, but we had that between CIII and CIV anyway.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess 2012 could be a way of reinventing the celebrations, so far they've been on anniversary years or for the premiere, but I don't think the 10 year anniversary of AOTC is big enough to hold a whole themed convention around. 2012 would probably mean an even bigger focus on the Clone Wars.

If it's Europe in 2012 I wonder where they are going to have it though. London seems unlikely, with the Olympics in the vicinity, and I think the dollar is pretty weak against the Euro as well.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    2012 would be awesome! I think as much as I would like to go somewhere else, Orlando would be good too... at least I already know how to get there and we know what hotels to stay in. ;)

If it is going to be in Orlando, hopefully it won't be in August!

18. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    We'll be there. We are hoping for Orlando. We already have the money put back for another one, so 2012 is a-okay in my book!

19. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    You won't have to worry about August heat, After CV Steve Sansweet was quick to announce that wherever/whenever the next one was, it would be in the spring time, like May so if we go back to Orlando the weather should be nicer.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    As much as I miss everyone, I'd rather it be in 2013 than 2012. A lot of the table and party planning takes months, potentially a full year (or I'd like to have a full year for it) and with baby Wicket coming next month I'm just not ready yet! Plus then Wicket will only be about a year old and will likely have to stay home. At two the little Ewok might be able to come with us and get to have some cute costumes too.

21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Aww, the one-year-old Ewok encountered by Dani, Amos, and me after the Lucas event was one of the better costumes I saw at C5. You can do it. ;)

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Would love to see McQ concept art images used for the various C6 badges.

23. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I can't help but feel that any place other than Orlando, with all that it had to offer, plus the city's wonderful support of our Star Wars community, would be an anti climax after CV. I certainly wouldn't want a 'lesser' celebration.

24. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    ah, but since it would be the 10th anniversary of AotC, it would fit with Poggle the Lesser :p

Secret Ceremony at the end of Clones means the Wedding Chapel will be back :p hopefully in its own room this time instead of next to the kids' play area.

25. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I would love to see it in Orlando again, especially if it's earlier in the year. I'll go wherever they host it, though. I'm there for the Celebration! :D