main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS CHRONICLES: SEEDS OF DARKNESS

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icicle

icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    Actually many Pilots died in the battle. As you see many X-wings were destroyed. I kinda figured they were non key characters so I didn't really show them. I also chose to not show too many of Red Squadron die. We didn't have enough actors as it was! I couldn't afford to kill them all off!

:)

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Besides, why do you want to see all of our heros DIE ????

EagleIFilms ..... you morbid bastard, you. ;)

Look again though .... a number of X-Wings do get pasted.

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Well, I was just expecting the MAJOR charactors to die, and for there to be a big Rebel loss. I guess I'm just a pessimist.

4. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay Eagle ... be honest . . . . .
    You laughed all the way through Saving Private Ryan didn't you?

C'MON . . . ADMIT IT . . . . DIDN'T YOU ??!!!

I think EagleI's next film should be: STAR WARS: DEATH

(Just playin' with ya Eagle) ;)

5. Jedi_Icicle

Jedi_Icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2001
    Avene,

We used a DV Raptor and a DV Storm. I aggree with you that Canopus seems to have one of the best DV codec.

Lol JediTAC.... "Star Wars" Death..... maybe that should be our next movie... "SW Chronicles: The death of Red Squadron".... Kill all those bastages! :p

6. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    In too many fanfilms, all the heroes are killed off, and the goodguys generally lose.

7. OptimusPrime-PA

OptimusPrime-PA Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2001
    Props, Props, and MORE props!

Well done! And Jason Graves' score was terrific. I suggest everyone go and buy it!

OP?

8. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    "Yeah!! I'M A HERO!!!!"

"Red One, I was just joking about the girls..."

LMFAO! That was priceless! It's kinda interesting how so many fanfilms lose a real sense of humor and tend to take themselves too seriously. It was a nice, fresh break from an incredibly suspenseful space battle. Fantastic work, Icicle Films! My only beef was with Mira's acting. She was coming across as way too whiny - "...The Republic is in TOTal disarray..." That's the only thing that distracted me; not even the bouncy pilots were a detriment from the flow of the movie. (Although it was kind of...odd at times). In short, great, great, great work!

9. Nidus90

Nidus90 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    To Daft Maul:

Always enjoy your perceptive commentaries.

Great job, Icicle Guys. This is an excellent fanfilm.

10. Au_Lac

Au_Lac Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    Totally excellent. Loved it.

Fight choreography and dialogue could have used some work, but above average across the board.

I was expecting, at one point, however, for Mira shoot off a one liner, "Geez, you guys are coming out of the woodwork" when that other Sith comes along.

Kind of a Han Solo humor feel to it, dontcha think?

P.S. Who is Jason Graves?

11. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
  12. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I, too, thought this was a great fanfilm. Especially since it started as an effects test. The music was great, as was the rest of the audio mixing. Very good job. The acting was pretty good as fanfilms go. Not professional quality, but what do you expect? ;) I also liked the extended space battle. I especially liked the really fast pan left following the tie fighter in one of the sequences. And the pilots had character. They weren't flat.

Now what I would work on, if this were my film. As people have said, too much pilot bounce, not in sync with the cockpit. I know there was some bounce in ANH, but I think it was overdone here. I showed this to my girlfriend who laughed and said 'All the pilots look like they have to go to the bathroom.' :p Also, was blue Leader reading off a teleprompter off to the left? The other thing was Mira's voice. There's nothing wrong with it for normal purposes, in fact it gives here a cute quality. It just didn't say 'Jedi' to me. It said something more like 'Smurf'. :p

All in all, a great addition to TFN's library. Good Job!

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I have to say that Seeds of Darkness is just about the best fanfilm I have seen to date- much better than Duality even though it used CG sets; Seeds actually had an interesting plot, whereas Duality broke the rule of two. And Dark Skies doesn't even come close to being as good! Seeds was well executed, had high production values, and more importantly, everyone seemed to have a good time making it. Good job, Icile!

Some quibbles people have already pointed out, so I won't go there.

I can certainly understand wanting to use more ships than the timeline would originally allow for; TIE interceptors, modified Nebulon B's, and Lambda-class shuttles with cloaking devices, but that's half the fun.

I liked it; even though it ended up in the woods in a lightsaber duel with a guy who had a painted face. :)

14. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, here's a quibble I have with YOU, Kier . . . .

How about STAYING AWAY from making comments like "it's much better then . . ."
    and " FanFilm X doesn't even come close."

Show a little common courtesy and respect for the FanFilmmakers who have put the time, money and effort into creating previous FanFilms. Although you are certainly entitled to your opinions about any/all FanFilms, your comments above were downright discourteous, immature ..... and just plain RUDE.

I would have thought that a member of your age who has been around for as long as you have (August 2000)
    would have a little more class than that.

15. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's pretty cool that 'fanfilm x' even gets a mention :) as I have recently found out, all publicity is good publicity.

Which bring me neatly onto a point I have been thinking about since before Seeds of Darkness came out. I remember going into the chatroom and talking over PM with people and basically trying to whip up a bit of enthuasiasm for SOD. To the point that I often got 'accused' of being on the Seeds of Darkness payroll for trying to push the film.

So my question is, now, after it's been out and it has got the respect and adulation I always thought it deserved, why weren't people talking about it beforehand? When Seeds of Darkness threads came up, they would get about four responses (one from JediTAC, one from me, and two guest apperances) and then they would disappear again.

Did the actual film suprise people when they saw it? Was it way better than the trailers suggested to you guys? Anyone care to throw some light on why Seeds of Darkness flew under the radar for so long, for so many people?

16. Jedi_Icicle

Jedi_Icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2001
    That's a great question Daft! I'd be interested to find out myself!

17. icicle

Nov 27, 2000
    I'd like to find out too! By the way? are Jedi_Icicle and myself the guests?
    :)

18. mr137

mr137 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2001
    A Titanium Power Morpher

Ha Haha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

19. icicle

Nov 27, 2000
    mr137 wins the door prize!!!!!

20. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    I haven't a clue. I can say that I wasn't too interested in it myself after seeing the trailers. But I thought I'd download it anyways, and I was surprised. I really was. :) I love it.

Maybe it was the face paint? *shrug*

21. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm sorry, I can't let that slide:

DUALITY DID NOT BREAK THE RULE OF TWO!

In fact the entire film was BASED on the rule of two. Darth Oz was the Master. Darth Blight was the apprentice. Lord Rive wanted to be the apprentice, but because there could only be two, to do that he had to kill the current apprentice. Hence the conflict and PLOT of Duality.

Everyone assumes that because they didn't SEE it there's no plot. To quote American Beauty: ...look CLOSER.

22. Cunard

Cunard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    FanFilm X is my favorite so far. Just the title gives me goosebumbs. :)

23. callmemary

callmemary Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    Maybe the amount of interest from the fans is related to the amount of interest given by TFN (IE Plugs, updates etc). Also, some Fan Filmmakers are much better about talking their films up before they are done, which is great PR.

Mary Ann
    Emergence of the Sith

24. callmemary

callmemary Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    Daft Maul:

Maybe the amount of interest from the fans is related to the amount of interest given by TFN (IE Plugs, updates etc). Also, some Fan Filmmakers are much better about talking their films up before they are done, which is great PR.

Icicle: Excellent Film by the way.

Mary Ann
    Emergence of the Sith

25. Somedude

Somedude Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2001
    Excelent movie, one of the very very finest fan films to ever been created.

A small note I just saw in the end credits.. someone made a bo-boo writing the Blue Screen Compositor name.. ;) heh, jus a note.

Great movie all in all, but, the cloacking part really stunned me, I mean, if they had cloacking back there, why not use it on EVERY single craft they had? :-\ Anyhow.. Great movie!!

Last note, I LOVED the oldest-trick-in-the-book scene with the X -wings crossing the TIE fighters together.. it was soooo obvious when they started flying around and avoiding their fire. - The actor who portrayed Red 1, did an excelent job playing the character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.