main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Star Wars: Concepts

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome to Star Wars: Concepts.

The purpose of this thread is to explore and discus the concept/production art and the artist behind them relating to the Star Wars Saga. Since Star Wars is featured across different mediums such as film, television, gaming and print, they will be included too.

Just a note regarding the new films/series. You are welcome to post and discuss content for those though it would be appreciated if images and discussions of the spoiler kind be placed within the spoiler tags to spare those that want to remain unspoiled.

Which pieces inspired you? Which are your favourites?

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    When I was younger, I always wanted to know what Alderaan was like before it was destroyed by the Death Star. One of the books I got was the Illustrated Star Wars Universe and that was filled with a ton of concept art from Ralph McQuarrie and also from the other concept artist like Joe Johnston, etc. The art in that book just opened up the worlds so much more and showed what was beyond the frames of the scenes.

One of the sections showed what Alderaan was like and it has always been one of the places I would love to visit.
    Art of Ralph McQuarrie:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sadly we didn't get to see it in the original trilogy but it was a joy to see it appear at the end of Revenge of the Sith, even if it was brief. It did appear in one of The Clone Wars episodes (Season 3: Assassin) too.

Revenge of the Sith:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a great featurette over at the official site regarding the concept of Alderaan for The Clone Wars.

The Killik hive mounds and the grasslands that Ralph painted later inspired Lothal from the series Rebels. Here's one of the concept art from Rebels.
    [​IMG]