main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Convention Cardiff December 18

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by TAFF_VADER, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAFF_VADER

TAFF_VADER Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I saw this article in the South Wales Echo about a Star Wars convention. It will take place at the Mariott hotel in Mill lane, Cardiff. The article should tell you all you need to know (hopefully you can read it):

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/TAFFVADER1/echostarwarscon.jpg]

Looks like it could be well worth popping along, although the wallet could do without it!

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Excellent work Taff Vader!

I had no idea about this. This could well be a great idea for a meet up.

I'll give that number a call tomorrow and find out more information.

Maybe I can get us a discount for being the FFUK.

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I called the number today and spoke to the guy organising it. He has actually heard of theforce.net and was very keen for us to attend and advertise it on the site.

I have requested further information and it should be with me in a day or so.

As soon as I get more info on prices, times etc i'll be sure to post it up here.

So, out of interest, how many people will be interested?

Maybe I can get us a group discount.

4. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I saw this adverstised in a shop window a couple of days ago, I might be visiting my sister for her birthday, but if not i'll definitely be there

5. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    lol just got beat i just got a flyer for it to day

all i know is that Dave prowse(Vader) /jeremy Bulloch(boba) /femi taylor (Oola) not sure /Gamck Hagon (biggs Darkligth)/Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna) /Gerad Home (Tessek) /Alan Ruscoe (Plu Kloon)/Richard Le Parmenter (Admiral Motti) /Paul Blake (Greedo) and TOBY Phipott (Jabba Hutt) will be there also
    the non import ppl the uk Garrison Featuring Darth Vader,Boba Fett,C3po,R2d2 and more

It is at Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane

Doors open at 11.00am for Early Birds 12.00Pm for General Public

Prices £5 for Adults (Early Birds £8)
    under 12 £3 or (£4 for early Birds)
    and under 9's for free that is all i know

I will come got to start Saving

6. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    cant wait. i should be there.

7. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Will the group discount(if you get it) be available to everyone? I've hardly been the most prolific of posters around and as a result, don't really know anyone here. I'll totally understand if it's for the regulars only.

I will be going along on my own anyway but if I'm welcome to meet up, (and get the discount) so more the better. The problem is, I'm kind of a strange old hermit - if the truth be told and probably won't exactly be the most entertaining of people!

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh, don't worry about that dude. The very nature of posting means that most of us are strange old hermits..

Well, I am anyway.

I don't know what the deal is yet on a group discount as I haven't had any info back, but if there is a deal to be struck, i'll be sure to include you.

And don't worry about not posting much, this is the Welsh forum, it's practically a joining clause.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well I had the details in the post this morning.

And when I say I had the details, boy did I get the details!

I got around 100 black and white flyers for the convention and one large colour flyer.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/con1.jpg]

I'll type out some of the text that you can't read.

Also Appearing: The UK Garrison featuring Darth Vader, Boba Fett, C3PO, R2D2 and more...

Plus: Thousands of Comics, cards, toys, beanies, sci-fi, film and tv, related items from some of the best dealers in the UK today.

Sunday 18th December
    Doors open at 11am for "early birds", 12pm for general public.
    Prices: £5 adults (£8 early birds)

10. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Sorry to disapoint but our c3po and r2dr will NOT be there. They never signed up and have been falsly advertised..We will have a Vader and plenty of Stormies plus a Padme ;), maybe even a jedi or two...but i wish theyd wouldnt advertise characters that are not going to be there as some kids might want to see them and get really disapointed when theyre not there.

In better news, be good to finally meet some of the names here!

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh yeah, I forgot you were a member of the dark side. ;)

So R2 and 3PO couldn't make it eh? Thats too bad, never mind the bloody kids, I was looking forward to seeing them! :_|

But I guess a Padme will make up for it. ;)

I hope we can get a few people there. It's looking good so far.

Should be a laugh.

Do you have any other inside info Sakara?

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, here's an idea. How about after the convention we all go for pizza or something?

Anyone else up for that?

13. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Not much info im afraid. Think there will be a walk about out around the streets, There might be a photo stand for people to get cool pics with us lot behind a tantive backdrop-( cost of photo is £5 with all money going to charity, or make a donation at least if you just want a pic with one of us...weve raised so much money this year its amazing..but we cant stop there!)
    other than that you know as much as i do...

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So how much to get a photo with you? ;)

As your beloved CR, can I get a discount?

15. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    hehe..well if you request a picture with Padme...then its..£5 with the stand and what ever you want to donate without the stand. fraid all the money goes to charity so no discount for anyone!! lol

16. Sgriw

Sgriw Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    Should be a good day. I realy want a stormtrooper helmet and this will be my best chance. So there's promise of some stars on the day then. Will they turn up though?

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well they'd better had. It's almost certain they will. They have been advertised and booked and the 501st UKG is a highly professional organisation, so if they say they are going to be there, then you bet your stormtrooper helmet the will. :)

Can't wait to see those guys in person. I've never seen any Star Wars character in real life before and getting to rub sholders with a Vader, Fett, Padmer etc is going to be really sweet!

As your beloved CR Sakara, can you get me in back stage where all the costumers hang out?

And £5 a picture is a bit steep! Even if it is going to charrradey. ;)

You'd better be wearing the areana/battle damaged costume!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

We should have a way of identifying each other?

How about a Leek or something? ;)

18. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Are you not going to meet up prior to going in to the event?

It doesn't matter, as we'll be able to recognise you inside, thanks to the pictures in the other thread of you with that guy who looks like Hayden Christensen.

If Sakara has the blue Padme Tatooine number on, like in her portfolio, I think at £5 a photo, she may very well wipe out world poverty![face_hypnotized]

Oh and I would have thought that £5 for a picture is quite acceptable for you, seen as it includes a little mistletoe action for CR's.:D

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nobdoy told me about the missletoe action!

Hell, best I take a whole sack load of £5 notes then. :)

[must resist making "put missletoe on my belt" joke.....ARHHH!]

And i'm not sure which pic of me your referring to, but I think the guy who looks like Hayden Christensen is me. The guy you probably think is me is Obi-Wan, who is played by my friend Gavin.

20. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Oh you're the Hayden look-a-like, sorry! I thought you were small, green, with pointy ears and about 900 years old! :D

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    LOL..fraid its too bloody cold to wear the blue tattoinne outfit. experienced wearing that in the cold a few months ago and im swore id only wear it again in the summer. tattionne weather!

Ill be in my Battle outfit...pre battle damage. sorry folks!!

I dont make the prices for the photos. you dont have to have a picture in the backdrop. if you donate a little amount you can just get a pic on your own camera. Everything we do is for charity.

latest word is that Jerome Blake will probably not be at the event. I know the reason and its a good one but i cant say here. just that its personal reasons.

22. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    how did it go?

23. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    It went really well for us and the organiser said it was a great success for him too. they had over 2000 people and i think half of them wanted a pic with us!!! lol.Steve the organisers actually told us we were more of a draw than the guests according to the amount fo queries the public had about us!!

There wasnt i thought that great a variety of stall selling memorabilia and stuff. It was abit lacking. There were a couple of good stalls if you wanted action figures but anything else..not really. APart from the Tokyotoys stand that sold fab japanese sweets!! lol

The fact that it was so crowded around the UKg stabd meant that alot of the time i wasnt able to actually be in the public as it was too rammed and Welshboy never came and asked for a picture with me... :(
    But i think it went really well and will probably happen again

24. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Sounds like you had a great time. Cool!

25. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    wow. welshguy never asked for a pic with you....wow what happened? did he actually go. he was determined to get one taken.

hahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.