main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Conventions

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Guy16, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Anybody heard of any star wars conventions besides Celebration II? I really would like to find one closer, because i'm not going to be able to go to Celebration II. Maybe one in California or Colorado?

2. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    As far as StarWars conventions go the only other one that was true SW was Alphacon in Omaha. There are other sci-fi conventions going on all the time though. You mentioned Colorado or California? StarFest is in Denver in April, and the San Diego ComicCon is in August (I think)

3. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    thanks Faceplant

4. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
  5. mikk

mikk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2000
    If you're talking about official Star Wars conventions then Celebration is your only bet. If you mean cons that have a licensed presence then hitting either San Diego, Wizard World, GenCon, or DragonCon would be the best. LucasFilm usually has some sort of "convention roadshow," such as this year's Connections, that they premiere at San Diego & then take to the above mentioned conventions.

Then there are other cons that have high concentrations of Star Wars personalities, such as last year's AlphaCon. These are a bit harder to determine as you generally have to wait until the con is annouced to find out who's going.

My suggestion would be if you can't make it to SWC2 this year that you plan to go to San Diego in August. The 2001 show had about 5 or 6 different Star Wars themed panels, among them comics with Dark Horse, books with Del Rey, toys with Hasbro, & of course Connections. Of course this was the year before the movie so it may have been a bit higher usual. The other advantage of San Diego is that there is so much going on & so much to see aside from Star Wars that you shouldn't get bored.

6. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    Thanks for all your help!

7. buckwildbill

buckwildbill Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2001
    There is going to be a Star Wars convention in Texas before Ep. II comes out. Their website is:
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/may2002.html
    I went to the one they had before Ep. I and had a great time. I have some pictures of the convention up on my website here:
    http://63.201.190.107/buckwild/plano.html

8. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    Thanks buckwildbill

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The Dallas Show in May will actually be May 17-19, opening weekend for Attack of the Clones!

Looks like Ray Park, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, and several other Star Wars actors will be in attendance :D

10. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey!! I was going to post about that one Nabooty_Call!!
    Anyway I'm in California and usually make a trip to TX for conventions there(and visit my friends of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.