main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Crimson Climb - EK Johnston

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Being as my gut feeling that the Qi'ra is going to survive the Crimson Dawn Trilogy, it's pure setup I imagine.

AusStig likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Qira could be the oppesite to Ahsoka who survies the whole saga.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There are variants of "survive". [face_devil]

AusStig and Lomer2012 like this.
  4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Maybe the framing device will be her stuck in the cage and she remembers her life.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think star wars fan overestimate how often stories like this are some carefully timed setup as opposed to stories that exist for their own sake that come out when they do just because that is how the publishing timeline works out.

AusStig and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Possible then like the Queen's trilogy this new series would have titles like ''Crimson ____''

Golbolco likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So when will we get a Qi'ra Audiodrama that adds and expands her comic story with new content as we relive it like the Aphra one did nicely?

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What makes the Aphra audio work is Aphra's awareness / denial of being in over her head and a screw-up. Plus a load of meta jokes that fit her character.

Qi'Ra isn't that kind of character, is more dour and serious so wouldn't be as good at carrying an audio story

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So the Aphra audiobook has new content, relatively speaking?

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    After a fashion, as it's those stories but all from Aphra's perspective, with a smattering of meta jokes.

Surprising that you haven't already listened to it, unless, given your reading speed on most days, it's too slow?

Do recommend the audio over the script, as there's an array of stuff that won't come across as well in written word alone.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If you guys haven't read Most Wanted, you should. Qi'ra has some great chapters of her own. It apparently has an audiobook too.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, Most Wanted was great. Which...kind of makes me disappointed that Rae Carson isn’t writing this.

gat-65b and AusStig like this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So it ends just before the portion of her life that we want to see? [face_thinking] Either they'll tell it in a sequel novel or they're not allowed to touch that story

Sinrebirth and MercenaryAce like this.
  14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yep I imagine they are being careful as there probably is a chance they might tell that story in a Disney Plus series someday.

Jedi Ben and DarthTalgus like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    10th October still for this, yes?

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Officially yes, but these can despatch both early or late.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Very Schrodinger.

JediFett10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Is there an audiobook for this one?

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    My copy has arrived but probably read it in a few days when I've hopefully booted out covid.

Vialco and Lomer2012 like this.
  20. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Get well soon, my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hope it’s not been too bad, @Jedi Ben.

I’ve remembered to order mine finally.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How can I put this? Oh yes: The sooner the ****ing thing ****s off and ****ing dies, the better. Covid is the closest thing to borg nanites going.

It is going, just not fast enough. Whoever cracks covid pills is going to make a fortune.

23. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Man another book coming out. Well I'll just add it to my pile of to read books. Starting to get pretty behind on Star Wars literature material as I'm far more interested in High Republic stuff than I am material in the traditional time periods right now. Still am getting it though. Canon definitely is starting to become just as crazy as a task to pick up blindly as legends was.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
  24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This is on my 'next Amazon order' list.

25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I remember a time when People were claiming Disney was going to phase out books. It was ridiculous then too.

I am definitely behind. But my strategy, because now I apparently need a strategy to read Star Wars books, lol, is to keep up with the current stuff. And then go back.

Just started this. The opening crawl was interesting and different. I like it actually.

The books so far as fine. But honestly I just don't find Qi'ra. that interesting. But I'll do my duty