main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Crimson Reign

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Its a reason why No one has touched solo content yet. We Will see itcone day soon. In live action, Qira series with Maul and how she drops him off at Malachor.

This new comic also suggest live action could happen after ROTJ. Like we could see Crimson Dawn and Knights of Ren in the mando shows.

2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    There's also a lot of time in Rebels where Maul is offscreen and off Malachor. I feel like that gets overlooked.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah I think 3-6 months as Ezra gets older.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I actually want the Knights (other then Ren) to be different people then the ones who showed up in RoKR comic and the ST. If the same Knights existed prior to RoTJ, they would all be old dudes in their 50's/60s by the time of TRoS. Also that would mean the entire KoR in Crimson Dawn would be covered in plot armor.

Instead, Ren could have a KoR in Crimson Dawn who get wiped out prior to RoTJ, forcing him to find new members.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It be great if between seasons 2 and 3 if Maul even considered rejoin Crimson Dawn. In a mini comic series.

Vialco likes this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Or in a later season of Andor...

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sure an episode of Andor if they want to involve Maul. Maybe he eill be the big cameo off the show besides vader.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    According to Pablo's Lightsaber book, Ren doesn't owe allegiance to anyone, not even Supreme Leader Snoke. Instead he preached an ideology of self-centeredness, believing his red-bladed lightsaber - the Ren - acted as a beacon. So it was more about worshiping the Dark Side or the Ren or the Shadow as they(KOR) referred to it as and color red / crimson.

9. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Aw, thank you, @Jid123Sheeve !

This is exciting indeed. Ren’s inclusion in this storyline makes me think he must be in his thirties in this time period, which would make him of padawan age during the Clone Wars.

That would mean he could be a canon counterpart to Darklighter, who in early drafts of ANH was a Jedi padawan who was seduced by the Bogan (dark side), left his master, and taught the ways of the dark side to a group of Sith pirates. These pirates then became known as the Sith knights, and they sowed terrible chaos in the outer systems of the galaxy before becoming bodyguards of the Emperor and helping him exterminate the Jedi Knights.

These Sith knights evolved over time as new drafts were written, until eventually there was only one, Darth Vader. Then the prequels resurrected part of this backstory by setting the original Sith rebellion two thousand years in the past, with a very different Sith Order emerging from those early chaotic years of conquest.

But many of those original concepts were taken by Abrams and recycled in a new form for TFA, with the Knights of Ren taking on that role. Indeed, Kylo Ren seemed to be the Darklighter character for the sequels, but his story has since changed, and the original leader of the Knights, Ren, seems a more promising candidate.

Now, during the sequels, the Knights of Ren ended up already being in the role of hunters and bodyguards for the Emperor. So seeing them decades earlier, likely a different set of Knights, will be very exciting because we get to witness their marauder/mercenary stage. Not necessarily the Knights as conquerors, but at least as a criminal group that creates chaos and suffering and is tied to the dark side. Hopefully we get to see them use some of the powers taught to them by Ren too, or at least more than we saw in the movies.

I’d also mention there’s another three prominent groups of characters who seem to have their origin in the concept of the Sith pirates: the Inquisitors, the Mandalorians, and the Nihil. So it’s been quite a fruitful idea that’s been refracted into several different groups over time. The key would be to make the Knights stand out, and I think they can do that by making them independent of the Empire and highlighting their connection to the dark side.

Oh, and it would be just amazing if they have some connection to Maul/the Sith proper. I’m eager to see where Talon’s—I mean, Qi’ra’s story in the underworld is heading!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Sauron_18
    I am genuinally curious if Talon i mean Qi'Ra ;p will have any connections to Ben Solo later on down the line, I know Talon in some early drafts "seduced" the Jedi Killer before that just become classic Emperor character (Snoke) seducing Ben Solo to the dark side in more traditional sense.

11. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I think Ren has sort of taken on that role of the corrupter, as well as becoming another "Jedi Killer" himself. Qi'ra could end up contributing to Ben's disillusionment with his father (unintentionally), by telling him about Han's past. There's no way they don't meet at some point.

Maybe Ren will try to pull Grogu towards his darker tendencies.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    This came out of left field. Exciting stuff!

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Such a shame our friendship had to end

Crimson reign

crimson reignnnnn

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Crimson Empire coming soon with Empress Qira as Palpatine's royal successor.

Sinrebirth , AusStig and JediFett10 like this.
  15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    But first she has to take back the throne with an army of mercs and Mando tribesmen.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    There was six months between Maul’s escape from Malachor and his resurfacing at Viszla Keep 09. Plenty of time for him to attempt a return to the underworld scene and also find the secrets of Holocron unification.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also he got his own mandalorian ship from the clone wars and set up some droids, got a new shirt. I doubt the ship was just laying at the base.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also Rebels season 3 ends little more then one year before Yavin, Ezra is probaly 18 by end of the season. So Maul has one year of doing things after Malachor.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I been looking at the cover like amad person, lol. And i wonder how the tie defender project ties in with this, we we have some Thrawn tie in. Could this be hint at Qira coming to the stroies with Thrawn in future. Is she ordered by th emperor to find Thrawn. Out of all the characters on the cover i think Qira and Ren is most likley to appear in coming future project like the mandalorian with Thrawn. Also i wonder what role Vader and the empror will play. Why is Luke in Han's jacket. Will Leia and Qira have friendly girlfriend momment. Will Aprha and Qira be a thing.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I love this cover, making it seem Qira and Ren together is part part of Palpatine's new plans.

AusStig and VexedAtVohai like this.
  21. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I wonder if the TIE pilot is someone in particular.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The suggestion seems to be someonefrom Inferno Squad. Maybe Hask.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  23. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Yep, that's the logo on their helmet, isn't it? Would not have noticed that.

Really cool seeing all of these characters cross over.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe the Inferno Squad is who flies the Tie Defenders. So we could see all three of them, Iden, Del and Hask.

Sinrebirth and VexedAtVohai like this.
  25. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    That must be it. I'm hopeful that Iden, Del, Ren, and Qi'ra will start showing up in the live-action New Republic era soon.