main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Crimson Reign

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    In a book titled Crimson, it is fitting to see the Royal Guard crop up.

Here's hoping to some Kir Kanos action.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Marvel's Star Wars: Crimson Reign #1 - Exclusive Preview | StarWars.com

Damn just read the few pages of this tease and it's good. Qira and Crimson Dawn vs the sith Palpatine and Vader. Seems like Qira is tired of tyrants and in someway wants revenge for Maul like all others being used by the sith. She hopes for balanced power like a moutain and not how the sith works. She, wants the galaxy to be free.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And my Qi'ra in BOBF dreams are crushed, ''after the fall'' just solidifies it. Qi'ra and the Crimson Dawn will almost definitely be dealt with in these comics not onscreen. I had hopes for it be a tie in to a future live action appearance but the SOLO fans has lost all its hope. The spark is out...

Ventrix likes this.
  4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Conversely, it's a common trick to make you think a character's fated to die (the "after the fall" and speaking about Qi'ra in past-tense), only to reveal some twist at the end of the story showing they've actually survived. And "after the fall" has a built-in "...comes the dawn" subversion if it's needed.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    After The Fall might be far into the future, too. I don't see anything from Qira and Crimson Dawn can't appear in more live action. Also this might show us how Crimson Dawn either becomes stronger or weaker by ROTJ and Mandalorian. Qira survives and after the empire's collapse can rebuild. Also dosen't the squadron books mention fighting Crimson Dawn. So i don't think they be completely out of the picture, but i can see them being weakened.

AusStig likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Holy moly.

Vialco likes this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    are we doing spoilers? well just in case

Curious that Ren allies with Crimson Dawn to take down the Sith. I suppose he's more of an aloof anarchist type. As a rival dark side force, you'd think Sidious would very much know about them and clamp down on them hard like he did to Mother Talzin and the Shadow Syndicate. But we know they outlast Sidious' first death and Ren comes to know Snoke somehow.
    Maybe Ren was pals with Maul so he's just carrying on Maul's legacy. I wonder how a clash between Vader and the Knights of Ren would go. I have little doubt Vader could take down Ren in a 1v1, but maybe not the whole gang together.

AusStig likes this.
  8. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Yeah, that After the Fall bit is interesting. Who are the two speakers? One's a Force-sensitive light-sider and one doesn't seem to be, and the former's learned things from this holocron before, and is familiar with holocron designs. Could be after Crimson Dawn's fall. Could be after the fall of the Empire...or maybe even the Final Order. Rey and Finn seeking lost Jedi lore and finding this holocron?

Also...I wonder if there's any connection between it and the Kazerath also created by Soule? Looks similar, and is capable of being used by both sides of the Force. If so...maybe the speakers are Luke and Lor San themselves?

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He's not powerfull enought to be a threath and plus he he only leads a gang of pirates and bounty hunters.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The gatekeeper of this holocron is shown in the comic, it's The Archivist, whose look was clearly inspired by this concept art:

[​IMG]

11. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I mean the two speakers who discover the holocron. I was speculating above about who they might be.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    IT seems to have been sometime into the future, like around the sequel era or after it. We could see Rey or other force sensetives find it. Maybe being inspired by Qira.

13. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    That's what the Archivist's design was reminding me of. I could tell that it was inspired by or based on something but I couldn't put my finger on it. Cool to finally see it being reused (since the other "pre-Maul" concept design was used for Mother Talzin).

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    crazy outlandish thought could we see a young the Archivist during high republic era looking even more like that ?

Golbolco likes this.
  15. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Even if it's just a framing device, I'd love it if Soule used this comic to give us our first fully-canon glimpse into the post-TROS era.

I won't get my hopes up too high though, given that admittedly there's absolutely nothing in the preview to suggest that. But I'm allowed to take part in some wishful thinking :p.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Wait who said anything about Post TROS?

17. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    A few of us have speculated it here. Who are the two characters finding the holocron?

AusStig and Huncrweo like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh non confirmed...Dang :(

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It could be Rey and Finn but another strong possibility is Luke and Lor San Tekka.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I love Qi'Ra speech and her philosophy on how the Galaxy should operate

21. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Yeah, that was my second thought after my immediate gut reaction of Rey and Finn. Luke and Lor San Tekka probably make more sense, to be honest, given that Soule would be building on his own work from The Rise of Kylo Ren.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Wow

This is the storyline I've been waiting for so many years to see. For someone other than the Jedi to realize that Palpatine is the mastermind behind everything. To learn of his grand machinations dating past as the Clone Wars. To understand that it is the Sith that are the true enemy and not the Empire. This could be part of Maul's long-reaching revenge, in motion long after his death. This is going to be a very interesting storyline.

I'm especially intrigued to Chanath Cha there, Sidious's former assassin, as well as the original Ren, who goes on to serve Sidious in the future (though he doesn't seem to have his trademark saber yet). The people Qi'ra's brought together know the Sith. Very well and have good reasons to want them destroyed. This is a serious threat to the Sith and I'm excited to see Vader face them.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Qi’ra’s speaking of

Maul in a lot more positive terms than I would have imagined.

24. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    She still may be the one who betrayed him and left to die on Malachor. Maybe because she understood that Maul was still trying to take his former master's place at the top of the "pyramid".

Vialco, Huncrweo and AusStig like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Just realised.... Khaleesi wants to break the pyramid-shaped wheel.