main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day 16th May > Feedback + Pics!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by choccy31, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    i need help from your support group!

all i talk about is the marathon
    everything i see reminds me of the marathon
    i value things in relation to the marathon
    It frustrates me that i have to wait until midnight tonight to see ROTS again

help me!

2. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    use the force

3. son-of-vader

son-of-vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought the day was incredible - it seemed to go so fast though. To cap it all off I managed to get my passport signed by McCallum at the end of the night :D . ROTS was as good as I hoped it would be - i can't wait until Thursday AM when I'm going to see it again. Just want to say once again a big thanks to Raj_Vader for giving me his spare tickets. I think Rick's comments summed up the day best!

4. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I got to shake hands with George Lucas in my Anakin glove (i was in an Anakin style Costume). I am going to frame it.

5. son-of-vader

son-of-vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Luckily I was in an isle seat (after a very kind UCI employee let me and my friend exchange our seats up back with 2 empty 'house seats' down the front section). Because of where we were I got to shake hands with both Hayden Christensen and Lucas as they went down for the talk. It will be a day long remembered.

6. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Son_of_vader - no probs :D I hear that you managed to wrangle an upgrade too........ ! :D

Stuey - we feel your pain - replace your suffering, only then will your journey to normailty begin.

SWMWSSG suggests poking yourself in the eye with a sharp object everytime you talk about the marathon. Should you find yourself thinking about the marathon, run to the nearest pub and shout 'STAR WARS RULES!!!!!' - if a pub is not in the vicinity (!), a club, bar or a local Star Trek meeting will suffice.

7. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Hello Everyone!

Well it's taken me this long to come back to earth after such an incredible day, I really wasn't up to posting anything until now. I'm feeling pretty low actually, it's very hard to compete with the electric atmosphere in the Empire on Monday - real life just can't compare. I don't think I'll ever forget the experience.

It was nice to meet some of you on Sunday and Monday but the place was so rammed that I didn't have the time or space to catch up with everyone I wanted too. Glad to hear you all enjoyed it. It seems like everyone had there own personal little adventures!

One thing that did worry me was the volume. I'd mentioned to a few people beforehand that sometimes the sound in the Empire can be just too loud and sitting in the fourth row during the original trilogy my ears were almost bleeding. Every time R2 squeeled or the jedi activated their lightsabers, my brain felt like it was about to start leaking out of my ears. The worst points were when the music, effects and dialogue all clashed together and the sound distorted into pure noise. I had a word with one of the UCI staff about it but they didn't seem to care even though they admitted it was too loud.

My head was pounding after ROTJ and I was seriously worried that I wouldn't be able to make it all the way through to ROTS. Luckily they rectified things with the prequels and the sound was loud but clear and well defined. Panic over!

Also the OT prints were in a terrible state. It looked like they'd been lying around on the floor since 1997. They were covered in hairs, dirt and scratches. It was a real shame they didn't press some new prints of the DVD editions.

Anyway, enough moaning. These two things weren't enough to dull my enthusiasm. It was great to see the films up on the big screen again and the audience participation made things even better. The atmosphere was incredible and there was a real sense in the room that this was a momentous occasion. As ANH kicked off at 7am I felt tears welling in my eyes at the sheer joy in the room! It was wonderful the way the crowd reacted to every new character and famous plot point. The highlight had to be Yoda's entrance before the duel on Geonosis, just incredible! The hours flew by!

And so we came to Episode III. I'm still a little overwhealmed by the final prequel and can't really sum up what I saw right now. After I see it again tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll be able to put my thought in better order. For now I'll just say it was an amazing way to finish things off but such a tragic and sorrowful end at the same time. Really bitter-sweet after following the saga for all these years. Oh one other thing - did we get a digital print for ROTS? From where I was sitting you could sometimes see the individual pixels during AOTC and it was obviously a digital projection but that wasn't there for the final film. Does anyone know for sure?

I'll get some photos up soon and one of my friends got some video footage of Lucas and the other guests. I'll try and get that from him asap.

8. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    It looked like ROTS was a film projection, not digital. Still, didn't take anything away from the film :D Was just wow - I still haven't collected my thoughts or emotions! Right now I'm on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - high when thinking about marathon, low when not! [face_blush] WE NEED MORE FAN MEETS!!!! :p

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah I was talking with Ed last night and he said ROTS was a print as well.

I personally couldn't tell, I wasn't watching for it and was too ingrossed in the film to notice much of anything else!

I'm seeing it again tomorrow and I know it'll be a print, so as soon as my exams are over I'll head out to see a digital version so I can compare the two. No doubt we'll see a list of differences by the weekend.

Raj I agree 100%! I think once the hype for ROTS has died down and everyone's seen it for like the 20th time we should really start to push this Alton Towers trip, then see where interest goes from there.

I was reading this thread at Rebelscum
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1134697&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1134697
    Near the bottom of the first page Obi_Phantom_Jedi says he spoke to Steve Sansweet about it and was told the reason that there's no official UK event is that Titan (the publishers of the Official Magazine) don't want to do one, and suggests we make demand known to them. Not sure how true it is, but it does make a lot of sense. Seems like if we want something over here we have to show that there's demand for it before Titan will consider anything official.

10. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    oooh - Kassy saw Steve Sansweet too milling around outside near the queue before ANH. Don't suppose you heard the same??

Maybe we should start an online petition for Titan - after all, the Blair petition in the Regional forum is doing so well..... :p :D

11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hello all!

Glad you all enjoyed the day too by the sounds of things! It was awesome - my high point was the RPH and the music I must admit (aside from seeing Lucas in the flesh and fairly close up).

I seemed to be the only one outside of the cinema that day (without Galactic Passport) and despite wearing my FanForce badge throughout (thanks Fal-Zon!) only people who thought I was 'someone' asked me about what the badge was for! Shame I never met anyone else from the boards - maybe tomorrow? Who knows....I will be in a black Boba Fett shirt with green combat style trousers - say 'hi' if you see me (5pm Odeon showing)

Here are some of my pics too - one of the Fan Force people who managed to find each other before during the lunch break! That was a task and a half!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/

Photobucket is a pile of rubbish, but what the hell - here are some of my shots anyway unless someone else can recommend a decent free hosting site without any hassles or ties where I can put the lot up....?

Enjoy!

12. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I can confirm Sansweet was there:

[image=http://www.jazzatola.com/images/celebration/008.jpg]

I wonder if he stayed for the whole saga?

More pics soon....

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Great pic James!

Guess we'd better start bothering Titan then ;)

14. windymiller

windymiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Try fotopic for posting your pictures.
    It's totally free, and it's simple to use.

I've posted all mine on there,
    http://johnmiller.fotopic.net/c543182.html

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Great pics :cool:
    Good to see Sansweet made an appearance

16. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Great Pics everyone!! :D
    I couldn't see any ffuk badges either edgejedi88, but at least we tried ;)
    I think it was quite hard trying to look out for people even though it was only a small area.

As for the Titan problem, I've been rambling on about that for over a year now but still no joys have come of it. I always use the German fan club as a great example of what a fan club should be, because it's a million times better then ours and that's because the people in charge are fans and care!!
    I was hoping Titan would lose the license last year but sadly they didn't. They then had a big questionnaire for members and non-members to fill in which I hoped would see improvements, but if anything the fan club just got worse.
    It's probably too late now, but it would be nice to see a proper official fan club in the UK.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Give it time, a good alternative will be found

18. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    I found the Boba Fett/Tusken Raider tuxedo men hilarious and I'm annoyed I didn't get a pic of 'em.

19. choccy31

choccy31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    I got a pic of them! :)

Seeing them walk to and back from Mc'Ds was Funny!!

20. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    thanks Windy for the Fotopics link - that site is MUCH better!

More photos now uploaded to

http://edgejedi88.fotopic.net

including the Tusken Raider, Wookie, Maul, the Star Wars Kids Gang, some Fan Force peole (the ones who wore badges and werent too shy to chat!) and much more - check it out!

Enjoy tomorrow!

MTFBWY

21. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I'm still in shock from a day that surpassed my wildest expectations. I've added a review to my website (link below). Has everyone looked at the pics from the day on the AMD Tour website?
    http://www.amdtour.com/home_enuk.html

It took me ages to find the one of me on my knees with the stormtrooper. :)

And is that true about ROTS not being the digital version? I didn't notice, but if that's true I guess that means I can look forward to some added bits when I see it at the Odeon tomorrow.

22. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    if you scroll all the way left on the first AMD page there is me in all my jedi glory, with my girlfriend as Padme and ramble-boba as one happy fan

23. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    One very happy fan. That grin didn't leave my face all day.

I can't believe it now, life is just not the marathon. Walking back from a friends house earlier and it really started tp hit home how this was the end of the era, but the thing is attending such an event has just increased my amount of love towards the films at the very last point.

As I type the first midnight showings will be underway, and I start to feel empty

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, it is a shame that it has ended
    But it had to happen eventually.

I will always enjoy watching the film and attending various events
    And when the TV series arrive then I will watch those

Star Wars will not die just because it has ended. After all, before weknew there was going to be a prequel trilogy we Star Wars was still the biggest thing ever, and we were content with having 3.

You wouldn't want more LOTR movies now would you?

25. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Thats very true - I remember thinking Star Wars great before even the SE were announced! And then when the PT news hit......... whoohooo! :D

It would be great if we could build a 'marathon' website, to post all pics and vids to. It'd mean getting some mucho biggo webspace - but just think - it might even top the Imperial Ubiqtorate :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.