main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day 16th May > Feedback + Pics!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by choccy31, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, I'm sure Nic would put pics & vids on the FFUK website if you ask her nicely :p

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hello Nic - did I ever tell you I'm one of your biggest fans....... :D :D :D :D :D

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That might work

4. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Hi all. Parm and I got back yesterday. The 16th was totally amazing and I'm still feeling pretty speechless about it all. I'm picking up some photos I'm getting developed later today and I'll be uploading photos and video from my mobile later.

On the behalf of Parm and myself I want to say a massive thank you to Jazz, who I'm sorry we didn't get more time to see. Sorry to grab and run man! We owe you big time.

Also thank you to Chris! You're the man.

And it was really nice meeting you guys. Simon (Si_Snootles) who I was sitting next to, Chris and his girlfriend on the row across from us too. Thank Raj for all your help! Great meeting you.

Without you guys none of this would have happened!

5. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    The Emperor approves....

When we went to London recently, we of course attended the big premier [for Episode 3] on Leicester Square. At the same time, a cinema called "The Empire" is next to the other one and people where in there to see all six of the movies. Since 8 o'clock in the morning or something like that. These poor de-hydrated souls... And their bonus was to see Star Wars: Episode 3 at the same time as the invited audience. They were very excited, booked tickets very early, got them on EBay, you know. What they didn't know was that we were going to turn on stage before the movie and say "hello". Well, in Scotland there's a great football pitch called "Hampton". And there is something called the "Hampton Roar", which is the most impressive thing you can hear from a crowd. The response in London was about the same when we walked into that cinema. People couldn't believe it. Well, we said a few words and waved and hoped that they enjoy the movie. And then we where supposed to go back to the other premier to our seats, but we stayed a bit and it was fantastic. I mean, people cheered for the good guys, pisst me furiously, laughed and all other emotions were there. And George Lucas said: "that's how it should be".

From http://www.outnow.ch/specials/2005/StarWars-Episode3/Interview-McDiarmid.E/

6. sally_doll

sally_doll Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    oh, thanks for posting that interview

7. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    "And George Lucas said: "that's how it should be". "

:D :D :D And I thought I had got over the marathon!!!!!

Cheers for the link Jazz ;)

8. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    In reply to Richie, well yeah I know what you mean, and don't get me wrong, I am never sad that we have these wonderful films and a full story. It is just that was the first time I have ever been to an event with fans, and it just stirred up how much I love the film and love been part of a community like this, where we all were there for the same thing. I have been to music festivals and gigs that don't come close to this. Everyone was so friendly and excited, and it easily beats my previous greatest day (Grimsby Town FC going to Wembely).

9. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    It was certainly an emotional day and nothing like I've ever felt before. It does make me sad that its now over but that is just the way things are. There's still plenty to look forward to but I don't think there'll ever be an occasion such as that again.

10. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    It was such a blast!

Never seen such a great atmosphere inside a cinema, it was fantastic.
    Amie and I got the very first tube, totally knackered and got to the square at around 6:15. Found Chris and his girlfriend first, then met up with Raj later.
    It was so cool meeting other fans, and it just so happened that Chris was sitting right on my left! lol

The atmosphere was fantastic, can't stress that fact enough lol.
    Yoda is my favourite charchter by a long way, and the highlight of the day was in Attack of the Clones, as Yoda's coming around the corner to face Dooku. It's all quiet and you can feel the tension cause eeeeeveryone can't wait to see this.

It's oh so quiet and then suddenly...
    "COME ON YODA!!!!!!"
    Someone just shouted it out really loud and the place erupted lol, it was fab!

Another highlight of the evening was when ChrisLyne thought he'd lost his tickets. Looking frantically through his bag. I don't think even the emporer was that worried when Vader turned on him. He found them though, bless him.

Ooooh, and one thing I haven't seen much of on the forum and would like to point out:
    The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra!
    Amie and I caught the end of their performance after Jedi, we came out in the square and it sounded so AMAZING that we thought it was a CD playing over the speakers! I got up closer and phoned my brother so he could hear it, it was awesome.
    The music plays a huuuuge part of Star Wars, and the orchestra was awesome on Monday.

Another highlight was the Storm Troopers in the morning, standing in the queue and the Troopers go "Move along, Move along" hehehe, it was fab.

Had such a great day, everything worked out perfectly! My lucky number is 2, and I just happened to get seat number 22 at the Marathon and the Charity Screening! Spooky or what! Even more disturbing, Amie is 21, I'm 22, and we had seats 21 and 22 at both screenings! :D

Huge thanks to Chris again for helping us get tickets, such a lovely guy! Was great to meet you and your girlfriend.
    Thanks Jazz for picking up our tickets and hanging around waiting for us to find the RIGHT cinema! Yes, we did stand outside the VUE for a while looking for you! *doh!* Was lovely to meet you, wish we could have stayed longer, but we were just about ready to drop dead lol. Couldn't find you on the Marathon day, I presumed you had been abducted by the media.
    Huge thanks to Raj too, always looked out for us, and was always available on the other end of the phone when we got lost, and believe me, that was pretty often! We'd have never found the Odeon on Tuesday without you!

Amie will be posting some pics soon :)

11. Kaskader

Kaskader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    It's been already 3 days and I already miss it!! What a fantastic expierence!!

When Episode III was delayed I knew someone would come but I couldn't imagine Stormtroopers and Vader to surround the cinema and then all the actors comeing one by one with the Jedi Master himself Lucas coming last!! Absolutely amazing!!

I will post my pictures too as soon as I upload them!!

May 16th 2005 is the Day that will Never Happen Again!!!!

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed it will not
    It was a shame we didn't see Christopher Lee and Peter Mayhew, but Hayden & Ian were good.

13. sally_doll

May 15, 2005
    suffering from the come down too. i did not get to the films, just the outside, but still sad.
    mu son keeps asking if we can go next week :lol:
    the Philarmonic made me cry, just to hear the theme tune. my lifes' soundtrack.
    scared to see it tomorrow, do want want to watch the end, but also cannot wait.

anyway, wish i knew this place had a message board, would have joined years ago.

14. Jedi_Liam

Jedi_Liam Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Ok, three days after the event and I'm still in awe....and I'm supposed to be revising for my finals!

Probably didn't help that I went to the 10 am showing of ROTS this morning with some friends : ) although George Lucas wasn't there to introduce it (still reeling from that!!) it was still brilliant, despite the crowd being a lot quieter. Somehow I don't think I'll ever get over my first viewing.

On another note I was sorry not to meet more FFUK people on the day, I was sitting in the middle of row N, but couldn't see any badges near by. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up again soon!

Lastly, my friends and I had a bit of a panic when we turned up to the cinema this morning to find that only 2 of the 4 tickets we booked were showing up...however the very polite manager still let us all in, and he was dressed as Darth Maul!!...who says sith lords are all bad ^_^

P.S. - damn, keep thinking of more stuff!...did anyone else love the creature that Obi-Wan rides?! I think it's called a Boga or something; anyway, it's fantastic especially the noises it makes!

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes it was rather interesting

16. sally_doll

May 15, 2005
    no, been trying not to read anything. he rides a creature???

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes he does, only for a little bit when he's stalking Greivous

18. sally_doll

May 15, 2005
    you were not meant to answer that ;)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, at least I haven't told you what it looks like :p

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Glad to see everyone had a great time!

Lol yeah Parm's right, I did think I'd lost my tickets for a moment! I'd put them in the other pocket on my bag and it was between AOTC and ROTS so I was really worried! Unpacked everything to find them!

Saw ROTS again this morning! The depression and sadness of the film hits you more when there's no cheering or laughing (well there were a few laughs but nothing like Monday!). Was worth it though to see my friend just sit and stare at the screen until after the credits had finished. He didn't talk until we were in the car, then said he couldn't believe it was over and admitted he cried at the opening and again seeing Owen and Beru with Luke looking into the sunset!

21. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Lol Chris, I was trying to tell you I saw the tickets in your hands only a minute earlier, but you were panicking too much to notice!

22. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Hey everyone,

I?m back home in Luxembourg now, and after 3 days I still can?t think of anything else than the Marathon and how great it all was. It?s really hard to get back to normal life after this! ;)
    The athmosphere in the cinema was unlike anything I had ever experienced before! It was just pure joy to be watching all 6 films together with 1300+ people who all appreciate them as much as I do.
    From the moment Lucas, Rick and the Cast entered the cinema till the credits of ROTS rolled on the screen, I was experiencing the most amazing hours of my life so far! That was just overwhealming! This film is everything I wanted it to be and more!!
    I can?t focus on any weak moments it may contain right now, even after seeing it for the second time on Tuesday in the midnightscreening in my home town (the crowd was not near as excited about it here as on Monday though ... [face_tired])

I actually met some FFUK people on the day, as I was sitting together with Orn, Richie and Happy Ninja (hi there! ;))
    Was a shame I didn?t get to meet more of you guys though.
    And, Jazz, I still can?t thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to be part of this! Thank you so much again, you?re such a great guy, was nice meeting you on Sunday!

I?ll try to put all of my pictures online ASAP, and I?ll post the link here.

Still can?t believe it?s all over now...

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Lol yeah that was the really embarassing part! I'd just used them to get back in the building so I knew I had them somewhere... just couldn't think of where!

Still can't thank Jazz and Fizzbin enough!

I'm really hoping they do more Marathons in 2007 for the 30th! Since it's not the first showing we may not have the same rush for tickets again ;)

24. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Did anyone see the coverage on the soundtrack channel on Sky today? It wasn't long, but it was cool to see some footage from the day. I even saw TheDarthVader being interviewed! :)

25. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Parm - not at all :D Always good to meet and help fellow fans :D

Chris - I almost lost my ticket too! It was the yellow part, had it in a different pocket - took my a few minutes to find it between ANH and ESB - they weren't going to let me back in! The film is definitely darker without the clapping and the booing - thats the first thing that hits you post-marathon. I think I prefer it lighter in the beginning - but not evening emotions can take away thr darkness post-'arrest'!

I was hoping the LS showing today would be similar to marathon day in terms of reactions - but no !! :( Only way we'll ever be able to match those emotions is the next time we FFUK'ers get together...... hint hint :D

Jase - sorry I didn't meet you today! I got in late, as always!

TheDarthVader - good to see you again! Your jedi costume is bloody brilliant :D Nice to meet your padawan too ;-)

Choccy - a pleasure as always :D Hope you have a good hol ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.