main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Day 16th May > Feedback + Pics!!

Discussion in 'London UK' started by choccy31, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrantia

Astrantia Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Some photos:

http://www.royte.co.uk/2005/05/star-wars-marathon.html

Meh. Can't get the link code to work, odd.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Still thinking of the Marathon
    I hope it doesn't distract me too much from my work, I have exams soon [face_worried]

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    It was really really good putting a face to the usernames:

The morning of the 15th when I went to meet jazz for my Galactic passport. Waiting on my Own and hoping to see a person waiting for a ticket too. That?s when kabe asked me " are you waiting for james" I replied " Yes" and introduced ourselves. Very cool person and we chatted while we waited for Jazz.
    Then Jazz approached us (as well a couple of other users which I didn?t introduce myself because I didn?t know if they were there for the same reason as me). jazz said " who's wanting tickets?" or something similar. Instantly chatty and that is a good thing because All in all I'm a shy person. I can?t thank Jazz enough for the tickets. After I got my tickets I decided to stay because I wanted to recognize the faces of the user we were waiting for ( although I'm not sure if Jazz thought I was a bit Lost/Dizzy and just waited around him for a while [face_laugh])

That night I got a Phone call from Fal'Zon. After bad reception, I send him a text saying " I will be at the bar in 3 mins". we met up in the bar of the regent palace hotel. fal was great ( bought me a drink too, thanks for that) and we went to a table and sorted some of the FFUK BADGES ( I took the ones for Kabe,sithlorddarthrichie, happy ninja, myself and Jazzatola). We chatted for and admired the cuddley YODA he had. Infact everyone in the bloody bar admired the Yoda Fal Brought With him. it was very cool indeed. Whilst in teh bar, Jedi_Liam walked past and saw our badges. then we give him his and we all chatted for a while getting to know each other. we decided to meet-up in the reception of the hotel at 6 the following morning.

I never got the morning wake up call I asked for and was 5 mins late to meet with them both. I was annoyed and whipped on my badge, t shirt,. trousers and shoes and ran to teh reception to meet with them... they werent there. I rang FALZON to ask where he was and he told me that himself and Liam has set off about 2 mins before I did. So I rang to leicster Square to meet them.

Fal, In his jedi get-up, got interviewed 3 times in the morning and me and Liam lost him in the Queue to go in the cinema. Myself and Liam met-up a few times between teh films.

I sat in my seat ( aware I was Sat next to Kabe(anne),richie and happy ninja (mark). I was on my own. about 10 mins after me, richie sat on my right. I waited to he got comfy and then asked " excuse me, do you post on the FFUK?" he replied yes. I introduced myself as he did. we chatted about a few things IE the lego/ official star wars game and the goodie bags we got and How I didnt get the "brush" part of my Pocket toothbrush we got free. Richie demanded I get a refund :D.

Kabe took her seat and richie introduced himself. we all chatted. Mark ( happy ninja) arrived about 5 mins before ANH started. I was getting worried he wouldn?t make it on time As members of the FFUK, and all the farmiliar names, I thought it was a extrememly cool thing. ( OH BTW, i thought your cartman impression was pretty good) :D

when teh marathon ended, I met up with Liam again and we walked back to the hotel. he asked if I was going to the bar for a meet-up with other members but I said no becuase I was knackerd....

..... I reeeeeeeealy regret not doing so :(. I really do.

Thanks to the people for making the event cool.

sorry for the grammer/ spelling mistakes. I cant be bothered to check it all

4. Jedi_Liam

Jedi_Liam Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Nice post Orn : )

Yeah, it was a brilliant day...still thinking about it! I remember leaving the cinema after the event and seeing a lot of dazed Star Wars fans wandering about, still in shock...I know I was!
    I was fairly tired but couldn't go up to my room and sleep after an experience like that so I went down to the bar in the Regent Hotel where a few of us had been staying and met up with Fal-Zon where we shared our thoughts on the day....then we were treated to an unscheduled appearance by some members of the 501st in the hotel lobby where they posed for photos with surprised guests who were still checking in! This kind of summed up the day, everyone having fun and being in such high spirits.

If anyone hasn't said it, well done for sitting through 6 films guys and girls...that's over 1/2 a day of Star Wars, thankfully the seats were quite comfy! Also if anyone has any more photos they'd like to hare that would be great as a lot of mine didn't come out well. Stupidly I'd used all my film by the time Lucas and everyone made their appearance...anyone got any good photos of them?

Good luck to those of you on here sitting any kind of exams by the way, I start my final Uni exams on Monday...hopefully the force will be with us all ^_^

5. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Oh yeah, If forgot all about the badge. Thanks to Fal'Zon for making one for me and to Orn for looking after it. Sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you on the day - it was really hectic!

6. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    No worries. The only time I saw you was in teh queue to have a picture with teh stormies... and you were walking the opposite way. you mentioned the loudness of teh cinema :D

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Good post, Orn.

Yes, I have to admit, I got used to doing the Eric Cartman impression enough times to nail it down...It's a pity it wasn't quieter, otherwise you could have heard my passable Yoda, Nute Gunray, and Watto...and if I had a cold, Palpatine! :p

Anne, I'm glad to hear you made it back to Luxembourg - it was great meeting you - you've got to come back soon! ;) Don't forget those pics! ;)

Yes, I agree, it's cool to put names to faces - And you can't really ask for better company than Richie, Orn, Kabe, and Kassey. (although, I'd like to know who was in front of us, so I could slap the taste out of their mouths -- couldn't they go to the bathroom BEFORE taking their seats?) I was looking out for Chris, though I couldn't find him - although I had spoken to him a few times that morning when trying to find Fizzbin! I can't believe I missed you after all that!

Yeah, Orn. I was running a little late - well, I was there, but it took me ages to find Phil to get the ticket from him. I even had to contact Jazz just in case he may have known him! It was hectic, but it was fun!

I txt my uncle the night (also a hard core SW nut from way back), and he was jealous that I got to see George Lucas and co., and he didn't! Most definetly the high point of the day - and as tired as I was, I definelty was in no way going to sleep through that.

It was funny roaming around London until three in the morning, because every so often, you would bump into someone who had some ROTS memorabillia. One guy wanted Anne's FFUK badge - of course, me being the gentleman I am, offered mine, so she could keep hers. ;) Of course, people are going to mistake him for me now! :p

EDIT: My photo's will be up soon.

8. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    He wanted an FFUK badge? wow...

... I'm putting mine on ebay [face_laugh]. J/K.. keeping methinks... you never know...

9. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    i met the guy with your badge, I mistook him for you. He was a rather scary individual, and nearly broke my friend's MR force fx saber. I think he was a scalper, he said he loved the films, but he knew nothing about them.

10. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah...That wasn't me. I hadn't handled a lightsaber at all that day...Was he about 6'1", kinda disheveled, looked like he hadn't got two brain cells to rub together, and doesn't look like he had ever seen a shower in his life? That was him.

11. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    My pics didn't come out too well (I bought the camera for the event - didn't have time to get used to it) but this one might be worth a look, purely because George is so close: [link=http://****ingparrot.net/george.html]here[/link]

12. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Finally got all my pics up. Some of them came out really crappy -- my camera doesn't work that great in low light conditions.

http://markhedge2066.fotopic.net/

There are a few from Wednesday night in Birmingham too.

13. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Really cool pictures. Ill put mine upwhen they are developed

14. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Nice pics there Happy Ninja, and just had to say that the one you have of me, stuey, lucy and luke does make my Vader t-shirt look damn fantastic.

15. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'm trying to find a pic of me or you where we aren't about to break our jaws grinning!

Nice pics mark, mine will be up when i've scanned them, even though most consist of blurry shots of the back of people's heads as i tried maniacally to take pics of George and co

16. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Okay, Untill I get my poloroids developed I havnt got pictures OF the marathon: But I have pictures the morning of the marathon before we went into teh cinema.

the read-only password for my photobucket is starwars imaginative, isnt it? ;)

[link=http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/Orn-free/Star%20Wars%20saga%20marathon%20-%20may%2016th/before%20the%20marathon]Morning of the marathon[/link]

Why didnt anyone tell me my hair was in a mess! [face_laugh]

17. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Lol, thanks for taking one of my back :D

Your hair looks fine.

18. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Don't listen to him Orn - you're hair's a mess......! :p

19. fizzbin

Mar 21, 2005
    I'm just jealous that he's got some. ;)

20. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    teh raj, I listen :p

FizzBin, That picture was taken before I knew that was you. :eek:

21. fizzbin

Mar 21, 2005
    Right, here are my pics http://fizzbin.fotopic.net/c549871.html .

I've enhanced the darker ones hence the grain (not that they're much cop anyway)

22. Brain

Brain Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I finally got around to putting my photos on the web! I didn?t see the saga but instead caught all the other attractions.
    I got to London for the 1040 showing of ESB, then headed straight outside to watch the orchestra. After that I stayed around to see the Christopher Lee/Antony Daniels interview. I was pretty close to the stage for all this time - you can see in the photos I got a couple of good ones of Chris Lee and the conductor.

Later - I managed to find a little spot where I could get a glimpse of the stars - I couldn?t get to the front but I did get a few photos of the people who came over to see our corner. No Ewan or Hayden - but they hardly spent time with anyone anyway.

Here are the photos...

[link=http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cjlawrie/Photos/star_wars_may16th/]Linky[/link]

23. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Mark, I was looking at your pictures again. That one of tehm taking down the x Wing is really sad :_|

edit
    "It's a pity it wasn't quieter, otherwise you could have heard my passable Yoda, Nute Gunray, and Watto..."

I can do yoda, and nute really well, but when I try watto I sound like Larry David. So I try to avoid that one :D

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    My damn manual camera has not developed yet :mad:
    And when it has I still need to import my pictures somehow

Things are tricky these days

25. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "Mark, I was looking at your pictures again. That one of tehm taking down the x Wing is really sad"

Yeah, I know...That, I think, was the point where I knew the day was over. Man, I can't think that was a week ago...One week ago at this very moment, we were all in there waiting for Revenge of the Sith to start! This has been a long week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.