main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day in Leicester

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by trinitytrashuk, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinitytrashuk

trinitytrashuk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    30 July 2005 - 10am - 5pm

Join retrobilia, the UK garrison and the National Space Centre team as we celebrate the Star Wars phenomena...

Meet the characters - The UK Garrison in full costume
    Enjoy children's workshops and try out your hand with a light sabre
    Meet the stars - David Prowse & Warwick Davis
    See the prop gallery containg life size replicas
    Visit the Star Wars toy museum (largest ever seen).
    Have your star wars collectable valued at the C20th Antiques Star Wars Valuation session.
    Compete in the Activision Playstation Challenge
    Check out the film cell gallery & buy a unique piece of the film
    Join us for a star wars collectables launch

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i hoping to go already!
    just got to pursuade my sis

3. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    humm.....i smell......say......has someone opened a can of.....SPAM?!:p

4. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    dont be harsh its raising money 4 katie (u know the founder of 501st daughter)

5. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Where have you read that? the ball to coincide with memorabilia is the only event like this that I am aware of....and of course the 501st will be their with collection buckets to raise money....but its not official as you are saying......u seem to know more info than the admis around here!!!

6. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Yeah, I'd like to know where that information is posted also.

7. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    He's lying mate on their website it says all proceeds to children in need.......dave please get your facts right and not rumour....yes the Uk garrison may have collection buckets for katie but its not an event for katie!

8. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    This is for children in need and katie!
    My sourse is the guy from Jango Toys who is talking to the Uk Garrison atm to work out whats happening on da day

9. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    CArry on......ive looked on the official website and it says all proceeds to children in need....case solved

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    just foned the UK Garrison and asked and it is for children in need and katie but then again how many people would u get if u said it was for katie?

11. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    What is the UK Garrison's telephone number?

I'd like to call them myself.

Be advised, anyone caught fraudulently collecting donations on Katie's behalf will be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law (US & UK). The same goes for false advertising.

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well they arent false advertising on the website cause it is 4 children in need aswell. and its the uk garrison so u know the money is going to the right place.

13. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    You said you used a telephone and called the UK Garrison.

What is the phone number?

14. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, this stops now. David, I have PM'd you regarding this issue. Any further discussion in this thread should be contained to those that are interested in attending the event.

I will be going, so please feel free to contact me if you are outside of Leicester as I would be happy to meet up with any members that can make it. It looks like it will be a good day, and will raise money for charity, regardless of which charity eventually gets the money.

15. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Hi Guys,
    I am a member of the UK Garrison and infact i am also a member of Staff there, i am responsible for setting up the Event at the National Space Centre.

If i may id just like to comment on a couple of Statements Regarding this Event.

trinitytrashuk, infact works for the Space Centre and is very new to Forums she has no idea what Spamming means and did not intentionally set out to do this she is just trying to raise awareness for an Upcoming Event which of Course you all more than welcome to attend.

As im sure you all know the UK Garrison is a non-profit Organisation everything we make at events goes directly to Our Charity Fund the man beneficiary (spelling) being Children In need.

However although this is Not Stated anywhere a Proportion of the Money also goes to The Make A Wish Foundation and Indeed Katie Johnson, so infact all children benefit from this.

At the Space Centre all Proceeds will be for our Charity Fund not specifically CIN, there will be awareness Posters for Katie and TMAWF around the UKG stand

I recognise a few names here and im sure they will verify who i am and my position in the UK Garrison.

All the best Folks

Simon Graham
    SSL UKG
    TK0282

16. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Thanks for taking the time to help clear things up TK0282.

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yeah thanks.
    i hope tom will stop doubting me now

18. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay, folks.

I just want to mention a couple of things. First of all, welcome to both trinitytrashuk, and TK0282 to the forums. Okay, trinity did do some spamming, but to be honest, in this forum, it is probably acceptable since this was an event being held in the Midlands, and obviously is relevant to us - the other forums is at the discretion of Jairen.

Secondly, Tom and Joe have done the research, and with the valued input from TK0282, the facts of the matter have been brought to light, and the situation has been resolved. Thank you for your efforts.

Now, there is no need for anymore slanging contests between members; you know who you are, and have all been spoken to on the situation. My suggestion to those concerned, relax, calm down, and be more tolerant to each other.

As a newly formed group, this is not the time to start making accusations about one another and to treat each other in a disrespectful manner, one that may diminish the shine of our group in the eyes of organisations such as the Leicester Space Centre, and the 501st UK Garrison, organisations whom we will surely come to know, and hope to closely work with in the future.

I will ask that all concern heed Jairen?s warning to please keep this civilised and the topic at hand, or otherwise the thread will be closed. We will BOTH be keeping a watchful gaze at the situation.

19. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Simon, thanks for coming on here and cleaning this up for us. I am sure we are all very happy to hear a resolution to this. I look forward to seeing the UKG at the Leicester day (my home town :D ).

Mark, thanks for that post. I let the post go in both here and the main forum since that was the only place they were posted. If they had appeared all over the place, perhaps I'd have done something different, but I felt they were valid in the two forums they were posted in.

I second Mark's other part of the post. There has been a certain amount of back biting going on in this group, and I'm getting a little fed up with it. If it continues, there will be a time out, at least from the boards, for those involved. I've been reticent to weild the full extent of my powers so far, but I'm willing to if this keeps going.

20. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Always Glad to help a fellow Midlander(im a brummie)

When you get to the Space Centre introduce yourself to me and introduce you to all the Guys, ill be the one running around pulling out my hair.

Congratulations on a Fine and well run Forum Guys, its not easy being a Moderator but your doing a Grand job.

If ever you need the 501st's Finest just give me a shout

21. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Another Brummie? Man, do we grow on trees, or something! :p

Well, I'm a Wednesbury bloke, myself, but it's close enough! ;)

Still, glad to have you aboard!

22. trinitytrashuk

trinitytrashuk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Oh, what have I started...

Yep the smell of spam was strong, but the real intention was to get word out there (!)

If you check the other boards I offered a stand at the event to you guys to promote the Midlands Forum.

Hope too many noses aren't out of joint...

Trin x

23. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    As I said I did apologize it's just we get soooo many people promoting events on here its hard to tell which ones are genuine n whicharent! and I'm sure the event will be great! just a shame I cannot make it with everything going on but I'm sure you will have a great event and hope to see some pictures up online....:D

24. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i am 90% going! still haveing a bit of trouble with my sis but it should be k!
    i will be helping Jango toys and the UKG on the day so i look forward to meeting u there!

25. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Pffff...don't worry about it. No damage was done. It's just a newb thing...Don't worry, you'll learn the ropes in no time! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.