main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode IV: Twilight of the Force: A Father’s Legacy - Game is now OVER!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 20, 2018.

1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn
    Korriban

Darth Zorn finally reentered the tomb and wondered if Pestage would at least fulfill the simple mission he had given him.

It was not of importance now. Once he had taken what was rightfully mine he would do it himself if he had to.

Now there was another test awaiting him. A test the planet itself had demanded of him. He began his descend into the depth of Korriban, guided by his sharpened senses in the force.

His Master was still nearby, but he had the feeling he would not be able to intervene. This was his test and his test alone.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @SirakRomar

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    A ship...

The old Jedi master - the last Jedi master? - sat in a chair staring, not at the holographic display text above , but through it. The universe had revealed so much to him in the past few days. He felt so bodily tired, as if he was holding his body upright by telekinesis. Ach-To, the location of the first temple, calling to him from across the centuries. His unfocused gaze bore through the ships hull - it was as if he could see the distant stars. With a deep inhale, he stood - the creakiness and pain was beginning to subside, healed by the Force - and moved closer to the hologram. Through it he could see his own reflection in a mirror - he'd decided to shave his head, as it had been when he was younger (he laughed at the word "younger," as he was old then, too) but left the beard he'd grown so fond of.

The ancient text spoke of distance, of great masters lost to history, of ideas and dogmas now heretical, of the ancient germs of Mace Windu's belief. Names swam up from the classes Mace sat through as a youngling. What was there? What did the world have for him? He dreamt of an island. He dreamt of oceans.

He began to read.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

3. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo post brought to you by myself and @Sinrebirth :)

IC: Pascale Rouser, The Beast and The Dark Man

He was really in the lion's den now.

He could feel the Dark Man’s gaze upon him, luckily the beast was staying silent for now and not offering anything. Perhaps he had sensed something and decided to keep quiet as Pascale had instructed.

And then two words in Pascale’s head. I see.

And Pascale knew that something was about to happen. And it wasn't good.

As Pascale looked up he saw the Dark Man pinch his fingers together and moved his hand upwards. A scream and wail came from the beast and Pascale’s thought was cut off halfway.

Oh bloody he-

And then he screamed his head off.

Again.

A black fluid came shooting out of Pascale’s chest and he could finally see the beast once again, this time in it’s sort of true form. Pascale could not think at present as it felt like his insides were being ripped out. He was now on both of his knees instead of one, although his back was now ramrod straight thanks to the beast literally coming out of his chest.

The Dark Man was sounding amused as he asked Pascale where he found the entity. Pascale was once again trying to fight through the pain, but the pain was making him speechless. All he could think of was:

I’m going to die if the beast leaves. And you are not getting him. And you won’t get Black Sun, it is MINE. And then you won’t have anybody to do your dirty work.

The Dark Man released his hand, and the pulling stopped, but He was still exposed. The pain subsided, substantially so - but Rouser's scream had buffeted the room with the Force - it tipped over the shuttle, and threw droids aside, sending Dellso fluttering into the air on his wings.

Of course, it bothered not the Dark Man.

"How interesting."

He reached for the Beast, ready to pull again. "My question, if you would answer, Underlord."

The pain had at least gone which gave Pascale time to think and gather his wits about him, although the beast was still sticking out of his chest like an alien creature that had burst from it’s hosts chest to get free. It was positively revolting.

However it looked like his screaming had done some damage with droids scattered around and Dellso flying into the air to probably try and dodge it. Pascale did not know whether to be impressed or worried that his scream had done this. It seemed the Force was with him. For now.

The Dark Man was demanding an answer and Pascale sighed as if annoyed. Fine he thought since you are being so impolite….

“I was asked by Black Sun to retrieve the crystal you and I are both chasing. I landed on that godforsaken swamp world Mimban where the crystal was hidden inside a statue in the Temple there. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong path and this beast decided to use me as a host and I tried to kill some people who were after the crystal. I was eventually returned to normal by the crystals power but I still have a connection to him as you see” at this he gestured to his chest.

“I am him and he is me. We have an understanding and we work together. However the temple this being comes from has been destroyed by a Jedi, so if you are thinking of taking a side trip there, you might as well not bother” he tipped his head slightly to the side “The crystal held him, but I do not know if it even has any power after it was used to heal me”

The Dark Man tapped his chin. “The Crystal is Kaiburr. It is a living matrix which increases the output of whatever energy is ran through it. Regardless of its properties in the Force, it will still achieve its original mission.” He gestured to the station enclosing them.

“To be the focusing component of the superlaser.” He nodded to himself. “Once the Ultimate Weapon is complete, I can end the war and resume my place of power.”

The Dark Man released the Beast, which dutifully shrivelled up and returned to Rouser; He was wounded, having been defeated several times and on the edge of death; but He remained defiant. The Dark Man seemed to intuit as much. “You must realise that your life’s are entwined. His death will end you, and vice-versa, for now... I suspect that you are in-fact dead, and he is merely providing you form and respite.”

He let the statement hang for a moment.

I’m dead?

That question went through Pascales mind as he rose from his knees and smoothed out the creases on his trousers. At least the beast was back indoors so to speak and probably wounded again, but at least he was safe again. Well although the Dark Man could easily just rip him out again.

Perhaps the Dark Man was playing with him, perhaps he was telling the truth. But Pascale’s heart had sunk at that statement. Perhaps when he was consumed by flames in the Temple, the beast had essentially killed him and taken his body over keeping Pascale’s spirit in control until they both perished. Or the Dark Man could be telling lies, and Pascale could be in full control with the beast as sort of his conscience, well the dark side.

He thought to the beast me and you will be having another chat. If he was dead then he would be devastated, but he had made his choice back at the Temple and once again, he would have to lie with it.

“No doubt you have a plan to bring peace and justice to the galaxy” Rouser said focusing his blue eyes on that deep cowl “But you won’t make you giant weapon blow anything up unless you have that crystal. And while you are playing with your food so to speak, that crystal is on it’s way to Mandalore. When you get there, do you think it will be easy? You’ll have the Rebels and anyone else who wants it there to stop you. You won’t be able to just waltz in and take it, you need to plan, strategize every possible maneuver or attack”

He smiled “As for me and the beastie here, yes you may be correct that I may be dead. But I would rather spend my days doing what I do best. And like it or not you need my help and resources. So if you are doing playing with me, it should be time to get down to business”

"Peace and justice..." The Dark Man chortled, but as Rouser spoke a dissonance echoed within the Beast, and the Dark Man tilted his shadowed head. "No, I am not interested in that."

"Come, come," he turned sweeping out of the room, gesturing with the Force for Rouser to follow him to a room. It was lit by candles, with massive bronzium statues in either corner. "These once adorned Palpatine's office, and this book, well, it was given to me just before he died."

"It includes instructions on what to do if he died... including his own master plans... his intention to dissolve the Senate after he created the Death Star... the dark side theocracy he intended to create in the Deep Core... and the eternal rule of the galaxy he intended, by leeching the life-force of the galaxy..."

"That's the plan you're expecting," the Dark Man said. "No?"

It was becoming clear that the Dark Man was definitely bonkers.

Here this man or creature or whatever it was, a disciple of Palpatine himself and here he was spouting some nonsense about a master plan whose end game was to basically sucking the life out of the galaxy. The beast was probably gleefully loving this as his plan essentially seemed the same, covering the galaxy in darkness and death. Luckily he had tamed the beast a little in this regard but this Dark Man was a whole new level of darkness.

It was quite a shock to hear Palpatine's plans for after Order 66 happened, but thankfully or not in the Dark Man’s case, the Jedi intervened. It was up to Pascale now to learn what he could, and disrupt it if possible. He wasn't going to let this madman win, even if he himself did not care about what went on in the galaxy he wasn't a monster.

“Not really no” Pascale said frowning “All I was asked to do was grab the crystal for Black Sun, job done, get paid move on to the next. I did not expect to see two superweapons, nearly get killed by a beast, the Rebels and Empire at each other’s throats and the Separatists being taken over by essentially Palpatine’s apprentice”

He shook his head as if to clear it “However it seems your plan has hit a snag with not finding the crystal. So what is your next move?. And what can I do to help?”

A scoff. "I am not interested in being a mere Sith, Underlord, anymore than you are interested in being a mere archaeologist."

"But you are my confessor, or perhaps, my first true collaborator..." A sneer, felt, not seen. "Or at the very least, the essence within you is."

"What can I do for you, Underlord, is the true question. Your Beast friend is weak; He needs time to recover before He can be of any use to me." He gestured to a chair. "You're in charge, for now."

Me?

None had ever asked him that question. And now this Dark Man wanted to know his thoughts, his desires, his dreams. He took a seat in the chair and his face turned thoughtful. Hopefully the beast was asleep at this time in recovery.

So I am to be his collaborator, well the beast is. Doesn't look good for me…..

"Well my main goal is to study as much history of the galaxy as I can. To gather as many artefacts and treasures as I can, to scour and travel the galaxy to find these things. And to be as wealthy as I can so I can do this. But I suppose to enjoy that I need to be alive, I don't know if you can help with that" a wry smile here.

The Dark Man nodded. "I can certainly bequeath you life, both of you." A dark grin echoed out into the room. "And artefacts, I can supply you all manner of Sith regalia I have inherited. It is moot to me... for I collect far older items, from the Sages of Dwartii. You can assist me in hunting those, if you require a project... they have a special sentimental value for me."

"Plus I will probably need a new ship as mine is now basically a wreck on Takodana" sadness entered his thoughts over his beloved yacht.

"Done," the Dark Man said, drily. Because that was worth mentioning.

Fine food, fine drink and perhaps even some finer women. But he always wanted the artifacts, that was his true love.

"Black Sun I seem to have inherited. I don't mind leading it, it's better to be in the shadows. I don't want to lead the galaxy, i'm no politician and I don't want to be involved in that sort of nonsense".

"Well I was still hoping to make Graul my Emperor, and Ananke my Dark Lord of the Sith, so we shall have to see if I can prevent you from having to manage the galaxy for me in my absence."

"However the one thing I do want to know is what is inside me. The beast detected something in me. I don't know if it is good or bad. I am not Force sensitive, but I have heard of it. He said a body bereft of the Force should have died, a body full of the Force would have sustained him whole"

"A Force legacy... an echo, perhaps." The Dark Man looked curious. "Perhaps you have an ancestor who was powerful in the Force. Perhaps it resonates through your line, and the Beast - Typhojem, Pomojema, whatever - has latched onto it. Intriguing."

"So I suppose the million credit question and what I really want is to know what in the blazes am I. Or even who am I?."

He focused his gaze on the Dark Man "So now I have confessed to you, it's your turn. What do you want to be. So you possibly want to be the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith which is all well and good. But what do you want personally?. What is your master plan if you don't follow through on Palpatine's?"

The Dark Man kept his presence still. Then, the smile, felt, not seen, becoming full, unbridled malevolence.

"I want to rule all of reality, my friend. I do not wish to be a Sith. I will become Destructor, and the galaxies my playthings."

The Force rumbled, and Typhojem felt a slight stirring.

"So tell me about the Crystal."

He addressed the Beast, not Rouser, this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
    QueenSabe7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Madelyn Linnett, Ka'rta
    Mandalore

Madelyn stared down at all the Mandalorian's gathering around her and Ka'rta. This is new. She gave Ka'rta a concerned look and deactivated the Darksaber. Madelyn eyed everyone carefully and felt her voice catch in her throat.

"I...I know you've been fighting for a long time. For you're friends. You're families; you're Clan. You want to do the right thing and follow the Resol'nare..." Madelyn hoped she sounded confident enough. "In order to defeat the Sith that comes for us; that's what we need to do. We need to stand together because if we don't there won't be any of us left." She took a deep breath and looked back at Ka'rta. "And what's a galaxy without Mandalorians?"

Ka'rta let Madelyn speak first to take the lead. She made a good pitch that they were just trying to do right by their morals. A good start but, they needed them to focus on the enemy coming one coming to wipe them out.

"The Manda'lor is right." The armored woman barked, "If we don't come together, if we don't fight back. We will lose Mandalore we will lose Concodia, forever. Our home will be lost, and we will never see it again. Do you want that? To lose the home we fought tooth and nail to reclaim, fight each other to rule? To watch it turn to dust and ashes underneath our feet?"

There was a general murmur among the clans, a decent amount of agreement, too, and then a question from the head of the Skirata clan, hidden behind multicoloured armour cut across the din. "Isn't she a Jetii?"

That was a deceptively smart question, because Skirata knew she was, because his intelligence network was second to none, but it was better out in the open or hidden for future issues. If the clans didn't get over their prejudices against Force users, it would be a problem. If anything, Skirata thought a Manda'lor who wasn't a member of the current clan makeup was their only way of getting through this mess.

The murmur began again, but it had not grown pitched, not yet. Bloodline didn't mean anything to everyday Mandalorians, but enmity was enmity. Skirata gave a slight thumbs-up to the two of them. He would support them either way.

"So what if she was?" Albert said, shouting at him. "What is she now?"

Skirata shrugged. "Better out than in, no? I want to hear what the Manda'lor has to say."

Madelyn winched slightly but centered herself and nodded back at Skirata. "I used to be. I forgot how to use the force before I came here and have only just gained it back after I was injured fighting on Mimban."

Madelyn swallowed hard and thought carefully. "My father was once part of Clan Ordo, House Ordo. His name was Ahren. I didn't know any of that growing up. I didn't know my parents, or my Uncle Shysa who fought and fell in the Clone Wars. " Madelyn tried not to look upset. "But I would be honored to lead you if you'll have have me. Tarre Vizsla; the first Mand'alor was both a Jedi and Mandalorian. I'm not Tarre Vizsla, but I am willing to lead you and fight for you and all of Mandalore."

Ka'rta couldn't fight the slight sneer under her helm. Mentions of the great house that Madelyn never knew but, no such words for the house that adopted her. It didn't matter much anyway. Ka'rta was just the second, the shadow of the Manda'lor. It didn't matter if the others cared to know who she was all they cared about was who their new leader was. It was looking like they had support from some of the clans but, not all of them so far. A lot was riding on Madelyns's ability to win them over. With a bit of a sigh Ka'rta put her shoulder guard, the one bearing the sigil of her house, one not recognized or even know to these true mandalorians. But it was still hers.

The clans dissolved into discussion again, and eyed Ka'rta as she shifted. "Isn't that a House which was driven from Mandalore?" A voice snapped out, sharp as a razor. She had been noticed.

"A clan with no honour or soul, taking the crown?" More rabble, growing louder.

Skirata eyed the voices, and began to count heads. He also took a step towards Ka'rta and Linnett. They would need to say something more to win over the clans. Mutual self preservation was logical; it did not appeal to their hearts - not yet. When the Empire or Separatists arrived, then sure. But then it would be too late.

"I'm not my parents. Neither are you nor is Ka'rta hers. " Madelyn said suddenly. She looked at the darksaber in her hand and activated it again watching the black blade for a few moments. "I was adopted back into being a Mandalorian by my Vode." She looked proudly at Ka'rta. "I know you're angry and you have every right to be. What experience do I have at being a Mandalorian? But I believe in us as a united people. We once were the strongest people in all the galaxy. If we defeat the Empire; the Sith. We can show everyone that Mandalore does not falter. We are not a weak people Vode! But we are stronger if we fight together as a family."

Madelyn reached out and brought Ka'rta to stand next to her. "Its because of my Vode that I was able to realise my mistakes. That we found the Darksaber. I trust her and now I'm asking you to put your faith in me, in us. We can worry about who used to fight for who later but we have had enough of our own blood spilled." She looked at Ka'rta as if offering her a chance to explain herself.

"No Honor!" Ka'rta roared from Madelyn's side, "No Soul!" she snapped, "You have no honor, you have no soul. You who drove my parents away when they were only children, cast them out into the cold galaxy without their family without their clan. They survived with no one, with no support but, themselves. They had more soul that all of you, than every last one of you. They fought on, they survived on their own. No wider clan to support them, no other warriors just themselves. I am Ka'rta Dar'Solus daughter of Kot and Kara, head of House and Clan Dar'Solus, and I have bled and sacrificed for this planet. A planet that has cast my kind out. I came back, returned to a place that never wanted me to save it...the least you can do is stand beside the one person that sees the threat coming, that knows we need to stand together right now. I have no House or Clan here, I serve the Manda'lor this Manda'lor. So let's stop killing each other and start killing them, the Empire the Sith and anyone else that comes to take our place, to take our home. I have seen the destruction of Alderaan, and they will do the same here if we don't fight back. I don't know about you but, I choose to go down fighting the real enemy, the enemy of all Mandalorians, aruetii scum that will try to take it from us, or destroy it."

For a long, long, long, moment.

There was silence.

The silence was neither recriminating nor sharp.

It was neither shocked nor mortified.

It was neither thoughtful or thoughtless.

It was stoicism.

It was empathy.

It was truth.

There was a thud; a soldier, not even a clan leader, slammed his fist to his opposite chest-plate.

Another did it, on the other side of the mob.

Another, this time, Skirata, then Albert, then and then and then.

A crescendo or beating chests, a storm of support.

And then, more silence.

Madelyn looked over at Ka'rta in surprise before reaching out and gently squeezing her shoulder as the Mandalorians show their support. "So..." Madelyn turned back to everyone. "What do we have to work with? We need to contact Concordia and get them here; but how many fighters do we have? Warriors?"

Skirata smiled. “We’ve plenty of muscle left to throw at the Empire, Separatists or Rebels, Mand’alor, even if our capital ship is in a sorry state.

We’ll need to consolidate again,” the head of clan Kryze, one of the few unhelmeted present, his blond hair and blue eyes marred by a scar across his forehead.

Concordia is willing to act as our strongpoint. It’s battered but it is in a defensible spot - and the moon is about to shift between Keldabe and the jump point,” Albert added.

Who is going to need to attack Keldabe after this?” An unidentified Mandalorian added, gesturing at the Mandalmotors tower.

The towers designed to fall, in-case of seismics, we just need to put it back up, even if it’s not pretty it’ll give them something to focus on, if they think it’s the centre of our defence...” Albert replied, thinking aloud.

We have some damaged freighters that can put down here and create an overlapping defence, so the lie need not be complete,” offered another Mandalorian, bearing the sigil of Viszla.

Death Watch wants to throw in with the new future?” Skirata scowled behind his mask.

This Death Watch doesn’t trust that Maul, Graul or Ananke won’t renege on their word,” he hit back.

Do you have anything left to bring to the table what with you garrisoning Coruscant too?” A blue armoured Mandalorian from clan Gev interjected, the woman projecting scorn into her voice.

A shrug. “They’re listening to the man who promised them Mandalore, but I’m here, and they’re there. I’d rather twenty five thousand of my kin were lapping up spittle for the Emperor, than here where I have to kill more of my brothers and sisters.

The mob had shrank as the individual Mandalorians headed to deal with their wounds, check for family members, and start to repair and prepare for the coming fight. The Emperor’s deadline was nearing, and the Ultimate Weapon was holding at Takodona. They had a little bit of time, and the clansmen were getting into the swing of things, their prior enmity briefly forgotten.

"The Empire and Separatists are our main focus." Madelyn explained. "The Rebels hate the Empire as much as we do." She paused thinking over the plan. "Alright. We can work quickly. We need to be prepared for any Sith and the Death Star. Contact Concordia, I want their leaders to draw their fire away and use their fighters as a distraction so we can get rid of that monster once and for all." Madelyn explained. She turned to Ka'rta.

"See if we have any friends on our way." Madelyn deactivated the darksaber. "I need you by my side when the Sith come."

As the crowd broke up and strategy began to be spouted Ka'rta sat down on a piece of rubble. Her pain had returned full force. The burst of anger had subsided, it actually worked. They actually got the Mandalorians to stop fighting. At least for a little bit. The Death Watch were divided but, what else was new. There was still much to do much to prepare but, Ka'rta was a little out of it.

"Yeah, Yeah I'll see if anyone is still alive out there." She muttered, Opening her coms she tried contacting Owen and Jerrod see if they had any contacts they could lean on, anyone they could trust to come help stop a superweapon. She doubted they would.

"Owen Jerrod, you still alive?"

The line replied a lot quicker than one would have expected. "So are you, then," said Owen, chortled.

"What about Linnett?" Jerrod came across the channel. "We heard Mandalore was on fire - no Mand'alor to put things straight."

"She's alright." Ka'rta said with a sigh. "She's the new Manda'lor now, got most of the clans to stop fighting. Still have the Coruscant Garrison that might cause some trouble. But for now, things are peaceful. But, we're going to need more help. The party is coming here and I don't know what I'm doing. Large group tactics isn't my thing...getting involved isn't my thing."

"We're on our way," said Jerrod firmly. "With help."

Owen shushed her. "We can't risk anyone else picking this line up. Lots of smugglers are being communicated for something or other big. Maybe your Rebel friends, maybe not."

Jerrod sighed. "Fine. But, before we go - are you alright?" Owen let her continue. "You sound like you're in pain."

"This is all just hitting me hard...I...I don't know what to do." She admitted over the line but, it was still muffled by her helmet hopefully Madelyn didn't hear. "I've been running on anger for a long time now. It's what's kept me going. Without that...I don't know what to do. There's no contract, there's no money, I have nothing to prove to any one...I just don't know. And without that rage, all the pain I've forced down for so long is coming back."

Owen took over the line. “We’re coming for you, Ka’rta.” A pause.

But now, you’re not throwing that pain at someone... you’re... well you’re finally building something other than a pension plan. You needed a cause, maybe you’ve found it now.

But whatever happens, we’ll be right beside you,” Jerrod said. “We all will. Us and Linnett and everyone else.

I was going to retire...

... you were not,” Jerrod retorted to Owen. “We love you, Ka’rta, and we’ll be there in a few hours. Get some people around you that you trust, and get yourself looked to. Rest, bath, fed, healed, make sure you and Linnett get it all. You’re responsible for her now, which means you have to be responsible about yourself, too. And always itnore Owen.

Yeah, yeah. Shoot fast, girl. We really have to go.

Ka'rta let them go...A cause huh, those were for fools, not her. She was a mercenary, a person that fights someone else's war and get paid very well for doing it. What did she have to fight for...Mandalore, despite all her bluster she still couldn't bring herself to care about this miserable piece of dirt. Sure it was home, sure it was where her family came from but, it didn't feel like her home. Her home was burning about a few hundred feet behind her. Or was it standing upfront holding the darksaber...Could home be a person...Could she fight for someone, rather than something? Maybe that was the way...She fought for the Manda'lor, not the planet. She fought for Madelyn or whatever name she chose for herself. Manda'lor the Savoir, Or Manda'lor the Lightbringer. It didn't matter. She might of found her cause.

Madelym sat down next to Ka'rta. Waited and then spoke to her as if she knew what she was thinking. "Mand'alor the Reclaimer." Madelyn said with a smile. She had removed her bacta patch, the skin was raw but it was healing. "What do you think Vode?"

"I didn't think you had your mystical force powers back." She smirked under her helm joking a little. "I guess it'll work." She leaned back letting out a grunt of pain, her shoulders causing her pain. "I still don't know if we can pull this off."

Madelyn hugged Ka'rta gently and pulled away. "Me neither. But I guess it's what needed to happen." She paused and thought about what Ka'rta said. "We have to try. We got through Mimban together and I know we can get through this together."

Even through the armor Ka'rta winced a little. "Needed to happen huh..." The armored woman chuckled a bit. "Mimban was a mess, and was a cake walk compared to this. Only two, three dragons there now we're facing a giant planet killer along with most likely everything the Empire can throw at us."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence

5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Qi’ra Ananke
    shuttle, arriving at rendevouz point

Qi’ra’s fingers drummed against the armrest of her chair, beating out a repeating rhythm that was both mindless and obnoxious. The blue and white streaks of hyperspace painted her face in its hypnotic glow, as it did to all parts of the cockpit that the viewport could reach. She did not sleep, and did not rest… the maliciously intensified ebb and flow of the Force would not allow her quiet nor was it the time for it. There was a darkness building that went beyond what she knew. It was alluring - tumultuous, but alluring.

That made her anxious.

Checking their progress on the navi-computer that had lit up with a proximity warning, then that of the Aurora upon her datapad, she was relieved to know that they were arriving first and that only a short time later, she would be back aboard her own vessel – her home. It would be the perfect place to gather and formulate some sort of plan for the future. Her own, and that of her ‘cargo’.

Easing the shuttle back into realspace, the stars stretched and then popped back into their familiar pinpricks that covered the backdrop of the predetermined coordinates for rendevouz. Initiating waiting procedures, she stood with a stretch, working out her tired muscles that had been stationary for the duration of their trip thus far. Leaving the controls on auto, she turned towards the hold and with one foot in front of the other, made her way back to where she had left Aryan Graul’s little boy.

Her eyes found his slight form still strapped down onto a bench to one side and he appeared to have remained unconscious, though with a single brush of her senses Qi’ra could tell he was mentally stirring, beginning to resist her influence. His rage still crackled, even while asleep, and while it gave her pleasure to know he did indeed hold promise, she could not know just how untapped his power in the Force was. He was strong, that much was clear, and that did come with its specific amount of risk.

With an impatient click of her tongue she chose to press upon his mind further, forcing Arek back awake herself.

“Rise and shine, young one,” she purred, taking a seat opposite him, waiting as he was jolted back to the present. Crossing one leg over the other, she reached into her pocket and latched onto her holocron with her hand, bringing it out into the open. With the Force, she levitated it from her grasp to hover at eye level, between herself and the boy. Perhaps the mysterious knowledge of Braata could make the brat listen…

“What if I told you that the flow of the Force was malleable, and that it can be changed, but in doing so the Force has mechanisms to physically reset the board?”

The sudden, unprovoked statement from the holocron did succeed in startling Qi’ra to a degree. Her brow furrowed as the implications of Braata’s words puzzled, yet scared her. Even then, her desire for more swelled considerably. Her first thought as to their meaning almost seemed too ridiculous to even acknowledge, but… was she saying there was a way to change… the past?

How, she inquired by thought only, certainly not allowing these secrets to be shared…

“What is that?”

Arek, now fully conscious, was peering at the holocron much in the way she had been. He must have heard just as she had and for that, she could feel the flames of greed lick at her hollow heart. He was instantly drawn to it, his hunger in all ways as easy to read as an open book. “It feels dark, but powerful...”

Qi’ra flashed her teeth, instinctively drawing the holocron back towards her, and away from him. She motioned low with one of her hands and Arek’s restraints came undone and fell away, freeing him for the time being. Rather than answer him, which a voice buried deep in her mind told her not to, she watched for how he would react this time, bracing for another foolish outburst that would serve neither of them.

As expected, his ire spiked in tandem with uncertainty. “Where am I?”

Nearly rolling her eyes, Qi’ra now moved the holocron into an open palm, her fingers wrapping about its shape tightly. “Calm yourself. You are much safer than you have been in quite some time. Unless you choose to try and tear this ship apart much as you did the forest before. Though, you’d be killing yourself, same as you would me.”

She leaned in. “And what good would that do? To be dead…” The threat was there, heavy and clear. It was wasted, however, several sensor alarms chiming in over their conversation. The escalating level of heated emotions dampened noticeably, more from Arek than herself, as she confirmed on her personal device that the Aurora had come at last.

Swiftly relocating back to the cockpit, she could see the towering yacht out of the viewport and she actually breathed a sigh of relief at the sight. Her ship was proceeding to their location and already beginning its protocols to allow her to dock, to which she began the opposite on the shuttle as she resumed control.

An odd chime rang out suddenly, a warning alarm – weapons lock, targeting system tapped onto…. her. From her own ship.

Now so near to the yacht that she could make out individual ports and details upon its structure, she saw the familiar armor of a Mandalorian, aiming a rocket directly at the shuttle, then firing.

Due to proximity, the blast happened mere seconds later, the tiny vessel rocking violently and systems failing at the same time. Qi’ra was thrown back to the side, the holocron loosing from her grasp as she slammed into a wall. Artificial gravity appeared to be one of the first mechanisms to go as the artifact did not drop away, but floated listlessly before her.

“We need to go!” she heard Arek’s panicked shout over the thunderous explosion and ensuing blaring of alarms. “No kriff,” she snapped back, though not loud enough to be heard beyond her immediate surroundings. Snatching her holocron back out of the air, she pocketed it again and unsteadily found her way to the pilot’s chair, her own feet having a heard time remaining on the floor.

Through the viewport and confirmed on her datapad, the Aurora was all set to receive them and though the shuttle had been slightly knocked off course, she strained against the failing repulsors and got them back on track. She couldn’t see their assailant any longer, though the armor’s coloring stood out to her as someone she knew quite well there was no time to fixate on revenge.

Yet.

Her fingers fluttered over switches and buttons, the shuttle somehow still functional enough to dock properly.

“Be prepared to board. Quickly. she called over a shoulder to Arek, doing the last she could as she felt a rough shudder and several loud clangs as her ship connected to this broken one. Regardless, it would be useless if they were not out of here once the life support systems went or better yet, the entire hull snapped under the pressure of space.

Qi’ra snatched her small bag from the air beside her and pulled herself back to the hold, her saber hilt already in hand. Whatever rat had stowed away aboard her ship, Mandalorian or not, they would soon find themselves without a head upon their shoulders.

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Aboard the Ghost, Tatooine orbit

She wasn’t ignoring what Han was saying, but she didn’t really know how to respond to it without sparking another argument.

Run and hide. Let the Empire deal with it.

Considering the Rebels’ recent losses, she wasn’t blind to the logic. The Empire had numbers on their side, but if the Rebels put everything they had into Mandalore, and lost, they might never be able to recover. How many years of her father’s work, laid to waste. The Rebellion was meant to fight the Empire, not the Separatists.

But Anakin was now planning on a fight at Mandalore, and Han had volunteered to fly alongside him against the Separatists’ weapon. And they were already facing impossible odds, whether the entire Rebellion showed up or not. Despite her earlier reservations about the plan to lure the Separatists to Mandalore, they were invested in it now, and ultimately it was Anakin’s call as to whether they backed out or not.

“I’d say definitely call in Saw,” Feyna suggested to Hera. “And perhaps just have our forces from Lothal hold on standby, just a jump out from Mandalore, but I’ll defer to your judgement, or General Skywalker’s, on that.” At least that way the Rebels wouldn’t make themselves a tempting target for the Empire by all being in one place at the same time, but they’d have reinforcements close by if needed.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @RachelTyrell

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Emperor Aryan Graul
    Private Quarters, Imperial Palace, Coruscant

A scowl crossed Aryan’s features as he reclined back in the chair and scrutinized the miniaturized holo of Anakin Skywalker perched upon the edge of the desk. Like most veterans from the Clone Wars, himself included, Skywalker had grown beyond the reckless imprudence that had defined his youth to become a more hardened man. He could see it in his eyes, even across the distance that separated them.

But despite this change, he still retained his arrogance; he was confident, bold, and demonstrated a lack of subtlety. It was this same pretentious attitude that provoked the Emperor now, particularly as it pertained to the sordid tale behind Arek’s capture and the subsequent invite to attend a private gathering for peace.

“You want me to accept your word as a gesture of probity, yet you have the nerve to call my wife a liar?”
    he countered harshly, his brow lifting marginally as if to challenge the other man. “Forgive me, General, but that doesn’t exactly evoke much confidence, especially when it comes to your sincerity in carrying out this venture without malicious intent.”

It...didn’t make sense. Aryan suspected foul play, but he was having a difficult time discerning where and by whom. While he had a notion to blame Skywalker simply for making an open threat on his life, he had to admit that his version of the story sounded more plausible than Lyz’s account. There were far too many gaps. He had even raised that point with her earlier, yet she had evaded the issue by dissolving into tears, almost as if it had been a crime for him to question her.

Was she feigning ignorance? Would she endanger their only child as a means to enact revenge on him for his affair?

Was she truly capable of that level of deceit?

Pursing his lips together, Aryan canted his head as if to look beyond the hologram before rubbing a hand across his jaw. “I only want my son back,” he sighed as his blue-gray eyes shifted back to meet Anakin’s gaze. “If you intend to hold that over my head to get a confession out of me for crimes that I did not commit, then I have no interest in pursuing this further; there will be no accord.” He spread his hands slowly to show his earnestness. “All I have to present to you is my own integrity...are you willing to accept that? I did not know about Alderaan, and I have washed my hands of Ananke; she is cunning and dangerous.” Leaning forward, the Emperor narrowed his eyes. “But would you expect anything less from a Sith?”

A hint of a smile seemed to play over his lips as he gauged Anakin’s features for a response, waiting for the man to react to this revelation. With any luck, Skywalker would make it his mission to hunt down the Sith mistress and eradicate her presence from the galaxy. That would certainly prove beneficial for them both.

But of course, he had to keep his attention focused on the present; there were other pressing matters at hand.

“In terms of a meeting to oppose the Separatists,” he continued after a moment, inclining his chin slightly. “I agree that we must take action, however, do you truly consider yourself the most qualified individual for this task? What about Senator Bel Iblis and Princess Organa? As representatives of the Republic, do they not have a say on the course of these negotiations? Too much is at stake to intentionally limit our capabilities. And for what? To accommodate our bloated egos?”

He scoffed and shook his head lightly. “Of course, I also have my concerns regarding the location. I would feel more comfortable if we agreed to convene on a neutral world; somewhere that doesn't hold a history for either the Republic or the Empire. May I even suggest that the coordinates only be sent via an encrypted transmission once both parties are enroute to ensure secrecy?”

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins; @Sinrebirth

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lyz Graul
    Listening

So Anakin Skywalker knew, did he? But he didn't have all of the picture, or, rather, Aryan was not biting. But there was an almost inevitability to matters. Arek would swell up again, no doubt. As much as Ananke was an issue, Anakin would simply be replacing Ananke in the list of people keeping an eye on the Graul's. What Lyz did manage to confirm, however, just by the omissions that Anakin made - the Rebels didn't have Arek anymore. They were making use of their word, rather than Arek himself...

... which meant... someone else had him, or he had fled. Lyz could quite easily waltz into the room and demand that they show them her son, but that would reveal that she had been listening in, and Aryan's trust in her was fragile, notwithstanding that they had just been intimate. She had sensed it throughout the night; his hesitation, a barely concealed fear that she would hurt him anew, but an eagerness to power through the risk, out of love, out of a desire to reclaim what they once had. It could be healed, if not in full but mostly, and she would have him, but not by interfering right now. She could easily blow a hole in the contact later.

Yet... Anakin was teasing at what Aryan had always wanted; reunification and peace. While Aryan kidded himself that it made any power he acquired easier to retain, there was also the inevitable fact that Aryan wanted to be the hero in the narrative - any narrative. He would do anything to achieve that. Literally so, and that was his flaw; the craving of power, so he could control that narrative.

It was maddening.

The more he drew towards reunification, the more likely he was to cross paths with Feyna, and she would present a more convincing argument than Skywalker. She could appeal to the heart, with her Princessly ways. What a diva, Lyz sniffed.

So that meant, inevitably, he would be drawn away from her... and she could not have him. Lyz turned her head to the pillow and screamed into it, so angry that she didn't hear whatever Anakin said in response to it. She removed the earpiece and began to dress. The study was soundproofed, as was Aryan's preference, but he had trusted her too much. Too much.

Lyz sniffed again. She was crying. She had chosen Aryan over their treacherous son, and she would not retain Aryan for all that long, either. Whilst Lyz could have kept up the charade, clearly lying to Aryan did not draw the pang of pain it used to, there was very little she could do to change the fact-pattern. Shy of saving Arek, which would be difficult as she had no idea how to start - and would be loath to speak to Feyna to start over.

The Empress was shortly dressed and her prepared bag ready. Her staff, who she had painstakingly picked while Aryan was on his near-death jaunt at Mimban, would be loyal to her for now, but when he asserted himself they would shift - Lyz had done everything in his name.

Her comlink was in hand as she left the room, sweeping through the corridors swiftly.

Lyz didn’t know what she could do to change the fact pattern unless it was extreme. Mandalore was still a few hours away from its deadline. When it came to, the Empire would be justified to act, by Aryan would not allow it - he would align with the Rebels to stop the Ultimate Weapon and, again, be that Hero he always wanted to be, and obsessively so. She could not interfere there; the Weapon needed to be destroyed, at the end of the day.

She knew Pestage was on the line, but talking to the former Vizier would split the Empire she wanted to rule. But overthrowing Aryan would be simpler than she thought. With a twist, her comlink was active. “The Emperor has decided.”

“Your Majesty?”

“Chandrila has resisted the path to peace and the fleet has authority to move on the planet. Complete surrender is all that can be accepted.”

There was a pause, as the officer debated the order. “Is his Majesty sure? We have not had an increase in the attempts to break the blockade, and most of them are mercy missions - we pick up the ships and they always contain supplies -”

“But we have had resistance, yes?”

“Well of course, by definition the blockade runners are resisting -”

Lyz grimaced. “So end that resistance. That is a direct order from the Emperor.”

“Should I not check with the -”

“The Emperor is negotiating the surrender of the terrorist Anakin Skywaker. You will not disturb him.”

“Yes, ma’am. I shall deliver the order.”

Lyz signed off. Aryan should have released Chandrila from the forty-Destroyer blockade immediately, but instead he had been obsessed with her - with taking her back. Aryan was always trying to follow the narrative, to maintain the status quo and follow it to its natural conclusion, but making sure he was at the front of the story. He would never have ordered Chandrila’s attack. But he would never have stopped it, if the Admiralty all came together and demanded it, in her eyes.

She boarded her shuttle and dismissed her staff. Before anyone realised, the Empress of the Empire was heading into orbit. She would regroup, find new allies, and they would make her Empress.

They all thought that the story revolved around Aryan Graul and Anakin Skywalker now.

But they were wrong.

It revolved around Lyz Graul.

Had the Dark Man been here, he would have laughed at the conceit.

TAG: @HanSolo29, @DarkLordoftheFins, @JediMasterAnne (mentioned)
    ---
    IC: Rook Kast

About to die, unknown location

She knew how to kill Jedi. She had killed many in service of Death Watch and Crimson Dawn, and she knew that death was a certainty. Embracing that fact was how she fought; how she threw herself into battle with nothing but the annihilation of her foe in mind.

This would be no difference.

She had returned to the yacht a few moments before Ananke did, and rushed for the main hangar. Ananke would make it, of course she would - she would use the Force to keep her shuttle together, and ensure that she did not die - the rocket that Kast had used was poorly aimed, because otherwise the Sith would have detected her intent earlier.

Kast knew that Ananke knew about her cortosis bracers, which could short out lightsabers. She knew that Kast had fought at the Siege of Mandalore against Ahsoka Tano and a detachment of the 501st, escaping in the chaos of Order 66, chaos that had enabled Maul too to escape. She knew that Kast had weapons designed on projectiles and not blasters, so they could not be reflected back. She knew that Kast had armour of beskar, designed to survive lightsaber burns. She knew Kast even had a beskar collar, to avoid decapitations like those which had killed Manda’lor Jango Fett.

She would also know that Kast only had one missile, and that was gone.

Kast rushed into the hangar as Arek clumsily fell off the ramp to the shuttle, tripping over his own feet in his panic. He was being shot at all the time now, and in-spite of himself he was still a young man, and it shook him. To be aboard a shuttle in the midst of falling apart had pushed him even more.

His fear gave way to anger, but by then he was looking up into the hangar, at Ananke’s back, as the red-armoured Mandalorian opened fire with a pair of flechette pistols on them both. Arek drew his arms to cover his face, squeezing his eyes shut.

Kast charged.

TAG @QueenSabe7
    ---
    IC: Winter

Moving off, and arriving

At Winter’s suggestion, they retired and rested for now, whilst Hera made her calls to Saw and Raddus, but she left the comm open for Han and Feyna if they needed to use it. Communications to Chandrila remained blocked, and they had reluctantly left Anakin to Aryan.

The crux of the issue for the Rebels was simple; how to fight a tyrannical, monstrous entity, without becoming that person. The Empire had suppressed rights and freedoms across half the galaxy for the last two decades, but it’s ability to do so without redress was minimal - the Senate could and did deal with atrocities, but only if they heard about them, and even then, Emperor Amedda only punished the Imperials involved seemingly because they were stupid enough to be caught. But for as many citizens as it punished, the Empire was the continuation of the Republic, declared by Chancellor Palpatine’s successor, legally and legitimately, for Amedda had long served Palpatine and the Senate, and was well-known for it.

He was trusted.

Han believed, as one of those casually downtrodden citizens, whose life had been ruined by the Empire and it’s excesses, that the citizenry that turned a blind eye to matters needed to be punished as much as the bureaucrats and officers and soldiers who kept the Empire afloat. Feyna believed in punishing only those responsible for the bad, not the good, of the Empire, such as it was. It was an interesting dynamic, but not necessarily the one to play out aboard the Ghost when they needed to rely upon each other.

The Box containing the Crystal had been passed to Feyna now, and Han was setup to join the X-wing wing-pair which assaulted the Ultimate Weapon, besides Anakin Skywalker, the Hero With No Fear, warrior of the Clone Wars who had defeated Darth Sidious, as the Republic holovids had named Palpatine following his death. Big names; bigger stakes.

Winter absently wondered why Feyna felt the need to be right so much, as much as Han felt he had to be right. The friction between them was curious, but Winter also knew that the Princess was worrying about Arek, and still hurting about Alderaan and the loss of her family and home.

In a short few hours of rest, however, they arrived.
    ---
    Mandalore

In those self-same hours, the Mandalorians, now unified, were a whirlwind of motion. The crippled Keldabe-class battleship was towed into position between Concordia and the hyperspace exit point, the moon itself drifting inexorably to the point between the capital and the point also. Defences were hastily erected or rebuilt, and Mandalmotors tower propped back up with the aid of orbital tractor beams. Small armed freighters became ground based turrets and shield generators, and the race came together at the word of Mandalore.

Yes, various clans decamped, some for Coruscant, some for deep space, expecting to be caught between the Empire and the Separatists. General Dodonna sent word that Anakin Skywalker and Aryan Graul were in discussions, and also word that Grand Vizier Ananke was at large, as well as Darth Maul. They were expected to attempt to exert influence over the Mandalorian Death Watch, though most of the clans loyal to them were on Coruscant now.

The Crystal was en route, and the Ultimate Weapon was expected to follow.

In that time, Ka’rta was seen to by a medic who was actually a vet, but she was adept enough to set the woman’s wounds and even bacta patch her up. Ordo and Skirata provided a wall, fencing pointless messages but making sure Dodonna’s update reached Manda’lor Madelyn Linnett Shysa, whose name was joined up by the Mandalorians for ease. It was a mouthful, but it would default to Mandalore, if need be.

She was them, and the leader, and the planet, all wrapped up in one.

In short order, they were notified of the Ghost’s arrival, and Skirata, Ka’rta, Mandalore and Ordo headed into orbit, Ordo flying while the Osik was repaired - it had been salvaged, and would be back up and running soon, though whether it would be ready for the battle itself was another question.

Hera was directed to the hangar of the disabled but still armed battleship, and soon enough, the eight of them - Feyna, Han, Hera, Winter and the four Mandalorians - were all present in the same hangar the Osik was being worked on, slightly beside them, sparks lifting from the welding as it took place.

The Gorgon hung at the edge of the system hosting Anakin and Aryan’s Holoconference.

Word had yet to reach them all about Chandrila, but when it did, there was every chance that this would fall apart.

Whatever Imperial assets that had been prepared, they were ready, but their numbers the Mandalorians had been unable to discover in the meantime. The Empire was still stretched thin, notwithstanding that they were ostensibly on the offensive here. A Star Destroyer? Two? Even one was a truly awesome vessel, and one was in the Rebel’s hands.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @RachelTyrell, @galactic-vagabond422, @ @DarkLordoftheFins (peripherally), @TheSilentInfluence
    ---
    IC: Hondo

Doing the good duty

The contract had arrived via circuitous means, but, of course, all Jedi and Rebel contracts did, and the great Hondo was always ready to take one. He had helped the Jedi and Rebels for years, and he was legendary for it. Many an adventure, he and the proverbial good guys had partaken in, and that did not change the fact that he was a Pirate, and proud of it. Capital P, and all.

This time, he was to ferry Jedi children from Ossus, a world that even Hondo had never heard of. He and his crew of freighters were to save them, what with the death of most of the Jedi at Mimban. Terrible business, he lamented, but at least they had destroyed that most horrible Death Star. Blowing up planets was bad for everyone, let alone business.

In short order the two freighters from his convoy arrived at the coordinates, supplied to Pestage by Darth Zorn, who had gone to Ossus for lessons off and on over the two decades of his life - more off than on, mind you. Pestage had found the perfect patsy to collect the children - a smuggler who would easily and readily believe he was doing the Jedi a favour, and he would be completely unaware of the deception.

Thus, Ood Bnar had no reason to discount that the Rebels were moving the Jedi for their safety, and Ossus had been cut off in terms of communication for several days now, though the aged Jedi Master had long detected that the Force was becoming increasingly absent and empty. So many deaths. So many losses. The Force was on edge, wounded, jagged, and the aged Neti, rooted, and secured, was ill-equipped to look after children, who had done a remarkable job of looking after themselves when Shaak Ti took the surviving Jedi to war.

To death.

And so - eight Force sensitive children under the age of ten were handed over to Hondo, and thus, to Darth Zorn.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar
    ---
    IC: The Dark Man

Takodona

Those self-same hours that Aryan had slept, and the Ghost travelled, and the Mandalorians regrouped, the Dark Man recalled what little of the Separatist armada he had to spare.

Moreso even than the Empire, the majority of the Separatists were suppressing worlds they had taken from the Republic two decades ago, pouring millions of droids to deal with hundreds of thousands of worlds, many of which had no seceded with the Separatists two years before the Clone Wars sparked. As such he only had a single battleship for escort, complemented by a pair of light destroyers and four Banking Clan frigates. His second task force, some half a dozen battleships, twelve light destroyers, and twenty frigates, that would not be ready for several hours, and they had been directed to launch the moment they were gathered.

The rest of the Confederacy was told to, essentially, fend for themselves, until the Dark Man was finished with his task. Tactical droids neutrally informed their leader, in counsel with Rouser that the Separatist alliance would collapse into anarchy in less than a week unless those assets were returned to their ports.

The Dark Man paid it no heed.

Eventually, standing with his staff to hand, his hand lightly caressing the book that his Chancellor had given him all those years ago, he regarded his task force, his Weapon, and his galaxy.

One to start, then he could complete the business of rule.

The Dark Man grinned, and the Force curdled with it.

Mandalore.

What an appropriate world for his allies to gather.

He turned to face the Underlord of Black Sun. “I would thank you, my friend. Without your aid, I would have not brought an end to this pointless war.”

The Dark Man turned a page of the book, and showed it to Rouser.

It showed all the names he had struck off.

Leia, Padme, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, Obi-Wan, Yoda,

He showed the names that remained.

“Once this list is done, we win.”

The task force leapt into hyperspace first. By definition, it would arrive at Mandalore some hours earlier than the Dark Man, for smaller ships had faster hyperdrives. They had nonetheless staggered their arrival so that the seven capital ships would arrive together - there was no point to handing the enemy one type of ship at a time and an easy win.

The Ultimate Weapon paused, and then, shortly thereafter, jumped into hyperspace.

There was a galactic intake of breath; the only saving grace was that the distance between Takodona and Mandalore was two galactic extremes. Takodona, in the far south, and Mandalore, in the middling north - giving them half a day before the first Separatist ships arrived at Mandalore.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo, but it takes place during the last few hours, and it picks up where your last reply finished).
    ---
    IC: Ahsoka Tano

En route

They were in the midst of one of the overly fiddly hyperspace jumps that Ahsoka Tano staggered. “We are too late.”

Morai twittered sharply at the Togruta, shaking her head.

“He will have everything he needs within the day, and we will be powerless to stop him ripping a tear in the Force.”

The avian gestured with her wing at Mace Windu, trilling sharply. He had been working through the notes from Ood Bnar, though he had been all the more productive since he had slept briefly. Morai and Ahsoka both knew that his dreams were of the world they sought, and that he was picking up the destiny of another, some thirty years earlier than she would have followed this self-same path.

In another world, another time, another realm.

Tano pursed her lips. “I do not know if he can do that.”

A twitter, undoubtedly frustrating Windu by its impossibility to understand - but Tano stood, taking the hand of the Korunnai and guiding him to the navicomputer. A dozen trajectories were evident, and a score dozen more thereafter. The grid of hyperspace disturbances was an immensity - growing more complex by the moment.

Ahsoka Tano placed his hand on the drive.

“Shatterpoint. Apply it, find our path. Jump, with the Force alone.”

Ahsoka said nothing else, and simply stepped away.

This was an undertaking of immense proportions. The Daragons, they had done it by accident, piercing the Stygian Caldera from the Deep Core, in an impossibility, but they had both had the Force, and they had been Chosen. Similarly, a Jedi Master had, some twenty-two thousand years ago, found a way to Ilum in the Unknown Regions from the Core, called by the Force.

Mace was not a Chosen; he was not called by the Force.

He did not exist, and all of this was a fleeting aside to the greater galaxy.

Someone had shattered the cosmic narrative, and it had created a great fracture through the Force itself.

That somebody was Ahsoka’s true enemy, but for today, this Dark Man and his fantasies of conquering the infinite cosmos was her foe.

TAG: @BobaMatt

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Aboard the Gordon

Anakin would have smiled had he not found this tragic in a very personal way. Was he the right person to negotiate? No. Padme was. That was why this would be no negotiation. The Emperor was clearly loosing touch with reality here.

"I am not speaking for the Republic, your Highness. Also this is not a negotiation. I have an offer to make and all you have to do is accept it or decline."

Anakin shook his head as if he was frustrated talking to a little child. Did there exist an alliance between Feyna, the Rebellion and the Empire to ignore the fact the Empire had blown up a planet full of representatives willing to negotiate peace ... yesterday? Was it just a crime to big to handle? Sometimes he had the feeling about Lord Sidious back in the days. His crimes were simply too monumental, people had a hard time accepting them as crimes at all.

"You picked the planet last time. My turn." He looked to communications and focused on the connection through the force. "In a courier ship you can make it here in three hours. In three and a half hours I won't be around anymore."

With a wave of his hand he killed the connection and turned to the XO. "I take the Twin Suns. You got orders regarding Mandalore. Gather our troops on the ground and our fleet at the fringe of the system and await further orders. And don't forget the two X-Wings." Anakin nodded which had been his gesture to say "proceed" and left for the hangar. He would use the time to meditate. At least he would not have wasted it that way.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Combined between the fabulous TheSithGirly and myself

Darth Zorn and A'Shared Hett aka as Krayt

Underground

Darth Zorn descended into the caverns below the tomb one step at a time. As he came closer to the cold and deadly center of the caves he realized it was not one presence. One was calling him. Another, less deep and dark ... was awaiting him. This one turned it's will against him.

Water dropped from the ancient walls. He could easily say this was older than the fancy tombs above that had been cut out by advanced laser tools. No, this one was indeed ancient. It felt like a foundation the planet was build on. It felt deadly, cold and remorseless. He had never been in a place that showed such a distinctive echo in the force.

Finally the descend ended and large caves began to spread in front of him. He felt the presence of another person nearby. Hidden and yet reaching out to him.

"You feel familiar. Yet, so strange." The voice was deep and a bit raspy. Unclipping his lightsaber slowly from his belt Zorn turned. "The son of Skywalker has joined the Sith. What a pity it is not your father who fate brought into my realm. He would at least have been a challenge." The man who stepped out of the shadows was powerful in stature and the force. Tall, strong, his face covered in tattoos. Zorn turned fully to him as the blue blasend the man's blade ignited inter dark.

"This is not a tomb, it is a temple." Zorn said as he understood the power laying in this place. "It will be your tomb though." He smiled and his own red blade ignited in the dark.

"Just another child that lost his way. You come to the wrong place, fool. There is no mercy down here. Only ..."

"Death?" Zorn asked and he raised his hand and released a powerful wave of dark energy with a primal scream. The wave shattered stone and dust was hurled up. But the man just smiled at it, completely unaffected.

"Yes. Death." The smile of the man turned into a grimace full of anger and disgust and he began to move. One step. Another. Then another. Faster. Faster. Until he charged at Darth Zorn with full force. The younger Sith watched the enemies approach and waited until the last second, before hurling around his own axis and putting all his anger and frustration into one powerful stab. Krayt parried it, but the ferocity took him by surprise. Both men began their attacks immediately, Krayt was powerful and well aimed, while Zorn had honed his skills with a master of a different style and remained quick and concentrated, dancing around his enemy. But he realized right away he faced a master of the blade. No weakness, no opening the tattooed man gave him, while his attacks were powerful and fast. Zorn's ankles hurt as he blocked some of them and one attack at a time he felt he lost his footing and was pushed back.

Use your anger and it will make you powerful. The promise of his Master sang into his mind and he finally freed himself from the series of relentless attacks with a single flipflop back. He landed on his feet and Krayt did not follow, but grinned. Playing with his foe. He felt superior. He was the better swordsman. He knew. Zorn had learned much, but the years of practice he could not yet counter with his raw power.

Or so Krayt thought. Zorn felt the anger rise. The arrogance of the man was unbearable. The superiority unacceptable. He, HE alone was chosen.

Are you? This voice wasn't the one of Maul. It was not a memory. Krayt felt the irritation. The moment of hesitation. He used it and attacked immediately.

Darth Zorn was not unprepared though. Maul had caught him off guard too often for him to ever be unprepared again. He raised his hand and stones hurled at Krayt. He slashed right through them and kept on charging through the dust. Then Zorn leaped forward and met his blade. The man was taller, stronger than him. But the hatred fueled Zorn's muscles. It empowered him. Krayt looked surprised as he was slowly forced back and Zorn finally pushed him away, ending the crackling sound of the colliding blades. Krayt fell to the ground, but before Zorn could slash out he rolled back to his feet and his lightblade rotated in the dark.

"Impressive." He hissed. Zorn was already attacking again. This time he was faster, more vicious. He felt the enemy was a Master of offensive fighting, but now he tested his defense. Every strike screamed into the force with anger, every stab yelled with fury. Krayt did not falter though. He laughed out and parried, even the most difficult and quickest attacks he mastered to deflect. Then finally the anger was becoming doubt ... had Zorn come to early? Had he overestimated his power? Doubt diffused anger and without anger the attacks lost their verocity.

Krayt blocked the enemies blade and with one punch to the boys face send him to the ground. He raised his blade and Zorn knew he could do nothing to defend himself ... he was not fast enough. He was defeated.

Defeated? No. No no no. Darth Zorn was Chosen, he could never be defeated!

His hand extended and Krayt elegantly turned his blade to sever it. This time he had overestimated himself. The power of this dark wave of energy easily broke through the defensive aura he had summoned and hurled him into the stone wall behind.

Your anger cannot defeat my apprentice.

Zorn ignored the voice and summoned even more of his hatred and fury and unleashed it again. The man raised his arm and screamed out, now releasing his own dark blast of energy. Zorn was taken by surprise by the brutality and power of it and ripped of his feet, just as he had risen again. He felt the pain of hitting the cold floor again.

But anger is only one of many weapons a Sith wields. Do you know the others? Has your Master taught you the others?

The voice ... the female voice showed curiosity. Zorn gasped and felt blood fill his mouth. A few meters away Krayt slowly raised to his feet. Zorn looked at the man and in the force he felt his anger. Anger and power.

"Deception. Manipulation." He whispered.

Simple tools.

Zorn jumped back up. He brought his blade above his head.

"Power." He whispered as Krayt began to charge again.

Oh you have so much to learn. The voice said almost gently. A shame you never will get the chance to do so.

Krayt' blade hit Zorn's like a hammer and his attacks now were so charged with his own darkness they became almost overwhelming.

"What? What is it?" Zorn yelled as he was stumbling under the strength of every attack.

Tag: @TheSithGirly, @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Darth Maul
    Coruscant, Streets

Maul had entered the system and planet with the use of his cloaking device and had made his way to the Government district quickly, keeping the cloaked Sith Intruder floating on stand-by.

Kast had failed to deliver what he had been ordered to. But a Sith did not fail so easily. He would make good on his promise to his apprentice if possible. If not he would at least get an idea of what obstacles they actually faced.

He walked the streets with his hood deep in his face and his lightsaber hidden under his cloak. But in the force he was reaching out to the Emperor and searched for his presence.

He was not his first destination though. No, Maul had to go to another place. One he had not been to in many years.

The Jedi Temple of old had been home to the Inquisitors under Emperor Amedda. They were gone now. Like their Master. The Empire had no more force users of note in their ranks. A power vacuum that would probably proof to be fatal.

He used one of the old tunnels to enter the complex and descended into the depth under the Temple. Here the Sith had made their home. The shrine had been here for many years. Undiscovered and hidden by the fools above.

He entered it silently and knelt. "Darth Maul of the Sith has come to ask for guidance." He whispered. "My apprentice is growing in power. The most powerful Sith there probably ever was. I need clarity to guide him on the right path. I feel he soon will grow beyond me. Before he does I must prepare him for his great destiny."

He stayed on his knees and awaited the shrine to answer. Breathing in he inhaled the darkness of the place. It wasn't Korriban. But this shrine had rested in the seat of power. It had seen the rise and fall of Darth Sidious and many before him. It was the perfect place to meditate on what his apprentice needed most. Power. True and unlimited power.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @LordTroepfchen

12. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Ghost, Mandalore

So far nobody had followed them, so when they sat down on Mandalore they had no way to tell how long it would take the Ultimate Weapon to make it there. Considering it's size he assumed it was slow though. A few more hours he had. He disliked the waiting. Aboard the ship he had spend hours in his cabin staring at the ceiling and awaiting arrival. Now he had arrived and it hit him hard to realize what he had signed up for.

Mandalorians. Of all the species in the galaxy he had to defend today ... did it have to be Mandalorians? He hated those racist, fascist warrior race of psychopath even more than the Empire. If Boba Fett was any indication these guys were probably another Empire in the making.

The Rebellion gathered additional troops. They threw everything against the enemy they had ...

Of course, as long as they do not fight the Empire they are totally happy ...

Han shook his head. His allies were a joke that called themselves a Rebellion, but did not rebel and a species of murderous psychopaths. The Mandalorians had threatened to shoot him just a day ago. The only guy he liked so far was the guy who had probably a better chance to die than him. After all Anakin Skywalker was the one going in. Han was only the back-up.

He looked at the backpack with the box once more and then nodded to Feyna.

"Your Highness?" He nodded to Feyna, giving the box in the backpack a final look and then nodded to Winter. "Winter."

He would probably never see them again. He regretted even arguing with them. What had been the point? Everybody was discussing who was responsible for what, when they should have been thinking about defeating and disbanding the Empire. If courts found any individual guilty or not was nothing he felt interested in.

But that clearly wasn't the plan.

Whatever was the plan, these people did not care about the Han Solo's or Chewbacca's of the galaxy. Except when they needed them.

He turned to Hera. "So let's get this over with. Where are those X-Wings? I need a lift there and a flight suit." He said this and tried to give her a dry smile. He couldn't. He was too afraid.

So this was it? He had come a long way. He saw friends die. It was his mistake. He had decided to take this damned crystal to Maz. He was responsible for their death.

Maybe it was simply time ... time to honor their sacrifice by joining them.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @JediMasterAnne

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Mandalore

The last few hours had been a whirlwind of information. Her name had been changed around, the Mandalorians moving Shysa to her last name, it was more fitting; in honour of the Mand'alor they had lost. And now; she had to convinced even more people to join them to defeat the Empire once and for all. That's more pressure then I was expecting. I'm not even an adult yet. Madelyn turned to look at Skirata and Albert Ordo who were flanking her on either side. The darksaber hung from her side, bumping her leg with every movement, and her new outfit seemed much more Mandalorian then before.

[​IMG]

She had managed to get some armor together, though she was aware some of it was a gift. Pieces from a mixture of families; of clans. Madelyn represented all of Mandalore now, and she knew how important these next few hours would be. As she stepped into the meeting room Madelyn startled a bit at seeing Han, and grinned a little.

"I should have known you would be here. Did you miss me?" Madelyn asked. She didn't step forward, not yet. She would wait for Han to acknowledge her back. Though she hoped he hadn't forgotten about her.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @JediMasterAnne @RachelTyrell @galactic-vagabond422 @DarkLordoftheFins

14. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Mandalore

Madelyn had approached him without him even recognizing her. He had not paid the Mandalorians too much attention.

When Madelyn spoke to him he turned around surprised. "A bit. My recent travel companions were even more of a mixed back than you guys." He smiled at her and then looked down at her deciding against an embrace.

"So you joined those guys after all? Seem to be doing alright. Quite a career move from being a Jedi I suppose." Looking around as the armored Mandalorians spread he thought that they were probably not all like Fett if she was still around. At least there was one person down here he actually kinda liked.

"The Seperatists and their over-sized toy are on their way. Can't say everything went to plan, but we are doing good. A fella named Skywalker will join us. He is not exactly winning popularity contests among his people, but he seems to know what he is doing. A Jedi of sorts. Tough guy it seems. A misfit. Perfect fit for us. So what is the plan of you guys? Defend your home to the last Mandalorian?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @JediMasterAnne, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Mandalore

Madelyn smiled back, a little disappointed he hadn't given her a hug. Instead Madelyn put one hand on the darksaber and shrugged at his remarks. "I think so. They uh...made me Mand'alor." Madelyn felt a little shy. I'm never going to get used to introducing myself that way. "The plan is that we all work together to defeat the Empire once and for all..we have a bit of a more detailed plan if you'll join us. I know we don't have much time, but I know the Empire can be stopped. This is where we do it." Madelyn looked at Hera and gave her a respectful half nod, half bow before turning back to Han. "Before we start...will the Rebellion be joining us?" She looked between Hera and Han for confirmation.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @JediMasterAnne @RachelTyrell @galactic-vagabond422 @DarkLordoftheFins

16. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Mandalore

Han sighed and hated to be the bearer of bad news. So he began with the easy also confusing part. The amnesiac girl had taken over Mandalore?

"Mandalore, hm? That is kind of their king isn't it? Could have made worse choices." Some day he would have loved to hear that story.

He wondered why she touched that hilt at her belt, it did not even have a blade. Politics were probably strange around here.

"Hate to break the bad news, but not the Empire is coming. Seems they lost their super-weapon. The Seperatists are the guys showing up here and they will throw everything at you. Everything." He sighed and looked at Hera and then to Feyna. "These so-called Rebels actually seem to negotiate with the Empire to help us out here. They are all very eager to talk with the Emperor. Ask them about it. I haven't joined the club. Their name is a bit misleading if you ask me. But they seem to be here to join the fight with everything they got."

Han stepped closer to Madelyn and sighed. "We got a plan of our own. Might have figured out how to destroy this Ultimate Weapon thing. But ... it is quite a suicide mission. Guess who signed up for it."

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Mandalore

"You're kidding." Madelyn replied. She felt a surge of fear for Han and didn't back away when he stepped closer; though she knew Skirata and Albert were probably ready to push Han back. "Why would you sign up for something like that?" She scolded with a shake of her head. The separatists though...that's not good. Madelyn squared her shoulders and frowned up at him before reaching out and gently squeezing his shoulder. She stepped back and looked at the others. "So...how exactly are you taking out this Death Star? We can provide fighters if needed, but we need to draw them to the centre of Mandalore."

18. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Mandalore

Han felt she was so right actually. Why had he signed up again? Because he was a good pilot, right ...

"There is an opening in the super-structure, big enough for a fighter to slip in. It leads directly to the core. The plan is going in, blowing up the energy core of the thing ... and try to get out before it blows up." Han gave an apologizing smile.

"Don't worry, I am only back-up. Skywalker is meant to do the run. If he fails ..." If the legendary Jedi Master dies trying ... "... my turn." He shrugged. "I mean c'mon. The guys a legend. I did an hour or two flying myself. We are gonna be alright."

He hoped this sounded at least a little convincing.

"Let's face it, you down here will be in the middle of it." He shrugged. "Will make Mimban look like a piece of cake."

19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Mandalore

It had taken a lot to force Ka'rta to see the medic. She was fine, she didn't need any help despite the pained gate and hisses between each step and each breath. It would be a sign of weakness to crumble under the pain, or maybe she was holding on it to fuel her anger. To keep her mad so she could still fight the way she used to. Madelyn, Owen and Jerrod, had to combine their powers to make her go see someone about her...well everything. It was a ramshackle affair the medical tent or facility if it could be called that. Simple gurney with thick durasteel barricades and heavy canvas making up the structure itself.

Someone must have sent word that the 'Hand of the Mandalore' or whatever her title would be once this fight was over, was coming since she was seen too almost immediately taken to a private room, or what passed for private in a former warzone. The moans and cries of the wounded could still be heard. The merc sat on the edge of the gurney waiting for only a few minutes before a woman entered a smock over her simple chest piece and no helmet her brown hair held back by a simple piece of cloth wrapped around her forehead.

Her blue eyes looked over the still armored Ka'rta.

"Take off your armor plese."

Ka'rta didn't move.

"I can't very well assess your injuries through your Beskar'gam now can I?" The medic chastised. "And if you're worried about your modesty it's just us here." The howls of pain seemed to make that last statement a lie but, Ka'rta was never really one for caring really about things like that. Wearily she started with her gauntlets, left then right gritting her teeth all the way.

"Do you need help?" The medic asked moving a little closer.

"I'm fine," Ka'rta grunted.

"Clearly you are not."

"I can take off my own armor." Through gritted teeth she removed the vambraces. She hesitated on the pauldrons, her shoulder sending shooting pain as she tried to remove the armor.

"Here let me help." The Medic came closer.

"I can do it myself!"

"Stop saying that. You're injured you wouldn't be here if you weren't." The other woman pushed her way past Ka'rta's protests and started removing the armor. There were many gunts and growls but eventually Ka'rta was sitting on the gurney in her undergarments, old scars and fresh bruises told a story like a tapestry.

"This is why I don't work with sentienets. Too much whining." The medic remarked giving Ka'rta a look.

"You mean you're not a doctor?"

"Not by training, I usually work on animals."

"Great, even now they look down on me. Sending a vet to treat me."

"You weren't bleeding out on the table I was the only one that didn't have my hands wrist deep into someone's chest so sorry that this world doesn't revolve around you." The vet's hands graze across the warrior's bare skin tracing around the wounds both new and old. "Vibro blade?" she asked running her fingers along a scar above her hip.

"Hunting spear, a traditional Nelvaanian one."

Another swallowed grunt as cold digits moved up to her ribcage right over the bone she just broke again.

"Looks broken." Moving further up she finds scar right over the heart. "You know," she started turning away and gathering up some implements, "I found no fewer than three wounds that should have killed you outright."

"Rage is good anaesthetic."

"It also burns you up inside. Shortens your life."

"Like I was destined for a long life. I'd rather burn up than fade away. Anger has been the only thing keeping me going."

"I know it can keep you going in hard times, but it isn't meant to fuel you for an extended period of time."

"And what would you know Nerf Herder."

"Nerf Vet, thank you very much. And I know a lot. Had to watch my brothers throw themselves in a war after war just to sate their anger. They pushed me away pushed my family away just because they snapped at us every time we tried to help or get them to slow down. It got them killed. So I know what happens when you let your anger power you."

"What if it's all I have? All I could use other than my love of credits."

"I can't tell you want to do, just that this anger is going to get you killed faster than the blaster bolts. And what good will you be to the Manda'lor if you are dead."

Ka'rta gunted looking away. The vet put some bandages around the open wounds, set the broken rib putting another bacta patch over it. The final thing was to bandage up her shoulder which had been dislocated and put back into place with some cooling gel to help heal the muscles and tendons.

"You should be alright in a few hours."

"I might not have a few hours."

"Word around the camp is there's going to be a fight here, bigger than the one we just went through. The Manda'lor is going to need you at your best if she'd going to make it through."

"And what are your thoughts on our great leader." Ka'rta said with much unintended sarcasm.

"She's young, headstrong, idealistic, a visionary, someone to rally behind. She could also lead us headlong into our own destruction if she's not careful."

"Seems about right." Ka'rta grumbled letting out a breath. Without much warning the flap to the 'private room flung open. On the other side was a Mandalorian in the colors of clan Ordo. Ka'rta fixed them with a hard glare herself still in her small clothes.

"Ka'rta," he started his voice firm and assertive. Though it cracked just a little when she saw his visor turn towards her. "Um...you are requested to join the Manda'lor along with Alors of House Ordo and Skirata they are heading up to meet with the group that just arrived."

"Alright, give me a moment to get dressed." He turned to leave, but she caught the look over his shoulder just before the flap closed behind him.

In a much easier time Ka'rta was rearmored, and rearmed. Stepping out she found the man that had come to fetch her.

"Shall we then?" she asked of her escort. They moved together arriving at the transport. Seems they were the last to arrive. Sitting across from each other the man that came to collect her wasn't avoiding her gaze, meeting it several times. One or both of them were going to die. The war was coming here and they were going to fight with everything they had left. If there was ever a time to do something reckless, to take something you wanted before the chance was taken away now was the time.

They landed and her escort waited for the more senior members to leave Ka'rta stayed with him smiling under her helmet. As the last one left he rose, the merc stood with him. He turned to follow the others she stopped him with a hand on his chest. When he turned to face her she pounced. Pushing off his helmet with one hand while the other removed hers. Her lips crashed into his, it was sudden and with almost no emotion just part of the game. She pulled away looking into his eyes...she might have rolled a chance cube and missed, but at least she tried. At least this was her taking this step, not fate forcing her down a path or the Manda'lor pulling her along. This was all her, her decision, stupid and reckless as it was...it was hers no one else's.

"I know a place." he said a little out of breath.

"Good." was her only reply.

She arrived at the briefing late her previous engagement having delayed her. Her helmet was off, her hair only slightly disheveled, though up on her neck just the edge of a bruise. If it was from the crash or something else who was to say. Coming to the table she nodded to Madelyn taking a place close to her as she continued her talk with the smuggler. Getting an update from someone else in the room she nodded again.

She wasn't a strategist, or a general she was just a soldier, a warrior. Point her at the enemy and hope for the best. Off in the corner she saw her ship, still broken down with sparks flying from it. She marched away from the group a fire in her eyes. Were they dismantling her ship, her home.

"Hey," she roared at the work crew only to be stopped by a very familiar member of clan Ordo, and man she didn't know the name of.

"We found it, brought it up here to work on it…" He explained stepping in front of her. "she took a hard hit but, with a little work she might be ready for the fight." Ka'rta rubbed her shoulder taken a hard hit, but still able to fight...just like her pilot.

"Take care of her then." She said returning to the table.

This was the last fight, the last battle in this long war, hopefully. Would they see the end would they die in the attempt. Who knew, Ka'rta wouldn't pretend she did. All that mattered was they give their all, there might not be a second try.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @JediMasterAnne @RachelTyrell @TheSilentInfluence

20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn and A'Shared Hett aka as Krayt and XoXaan

Darth Zorn felt his muscles tremble, his legs loosing their save footing as the power of his enemies attacks threatened to overwhelm him. He screamed out in pain with every strike. He felt no more anger ... he could not focus it. No. He felt the terror of the realization he was not this man's equal. His defeat was imminent. With this defeat his death would come.

Through the force he tried to reach out to his Master, but he felt nothing left this place. It was seemingly smiled from the rest of the planet.

My temple belongs to me. You are alone. You are lost, young Skywalker.

The mentioning of the name he had left behind allowed his anger to rise again and for a short moment he attacked once more. Two quick slashed accompanied by two yells. Krayt blocked them without effort. Exhaustion took the edge from the younger man. His fear made him fragile.

With a grunt he stepped back and allowed the third and final attack to miss him and with a sadistic grin blue lightning was released from his fingers and grabbed the younger man and hurled him away. Zorn screamed in agony. He hit the wall and collapsed to the ground.

What is the most powerful of all weapons a Sith wields? What allows him to ascend over all others? What does he have in unlimited amounts? Tell me young Skywalker. Only the power of the Dark Side can save you. What is his strongest urge?

Krayt slowly stepped over to Zorn and with a wave of his hand the crimson blade was send into the darkness. Zorn looked after it. He was not angry. He was ... afraid.

"Fear." He gasped to the voice.

Yes, FEAR. Fear poisons the hearts, fear gives birth to anger, corrupts reason. But fear ... if controlled, harvested and molded into power ... there are no limits to fear!

Zorn closed his eyes and felt his fear. He felt it spread through his soul, until only fear remained. Krayt stepped over him and raised his blade.

Zorn smiled and turned his head aside slowly ... his power was unlimited, but only through the dark side he would unlock it fully. If his anger was not enough ... he had more than enough fear.

He pushed himself aside as the blade cut through the stone missing it's target. Krayt turned to strike out again, but was instead hit by Zorn's fear incarnating into a storm of blue lightning. He yelled out in pain. Zorn enjoyed his agony and as the man was slowly stepping backwards the blue lightning crawled into his skin as Zorn stepped forth, following him laughing in ecstasy. Indeed his fear turned into anger and joy through his triumph. The lightning grew into a storm crawling over the ground and into every part of his opponents body.

Oh so much ... power ...

Finally Zorn ended the lightning storm and with one violent gesture to the right he smashed Krayt's body into the wall. He heard the bones break, as he waved to the other side and the screaming body of his enemy was pushed so hard into one of the stone pillars that it crushed it. The man collapsed to the ground as Darth Zorn extended his hand and his lightsaber obeyed the silent command and landed in his hand. He closed his fingers around it one by one. The final finger was the thumb activating the crimson blade.

Welcome to my Temple, Lord Zorn ...

Krayt forced himself up, but collapsed once more to his knees ...

"XoXaan help me ..." He gasped.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Temple, Yavin IV

Anakin reached deep into the force, searching for his son. He gave himself fully to the force, keeping a sense of his surrounding and yet reaching to every end of the galaxy in search for the one person who he should have found easily.

He was gone. The pattern ... the signature of his son was not only hidden or obfuscated ... in that case he would have felt a remained ... would have felt the subtle traces ... no he was entirely gone.

Luke, what have you done?

He knew his son had killed Obi-Wan Kenobi. He had felt it had been his hand that had send the powerful essence of Obi-Wan to become one with the force.

He realized the completeness of his failure. As a Master, as a father, as a user of the force. His love had given birth to a new darkness.

And Anakin knew the power of his son. The powerful blood of his father burned in his veins. He had always been reluctant to train him, because he feared the temptation of this power that would one day come to Luke as it had come to him. Yet, he had tried to prepare Luke. Could he have done more? Would he have been better of joining Obi-Wan Kenobi as his Padawan on Ossus?

Or had Luke paid the price of his fathers denial to fall? Had the force itself made him the champion of the Dark Side Anakin had been meant to be?

The thought was frightening him. An indifferent force, only interested in the Great War between light and dark.

The Jedi were gone. Their presence was diminished to a presence barely recognizable anymore. Would these last members of the order be hunted down and their tradition exterminated?

Yoda was gone. Obi-Wan Kenobi was too. Mace Windu might have had survived as the reports from Mimban indicated. Yet, Anakin had felt his presence on Naboo. Almost detached from the reality, seeking something ... he would not bring the Jedi back. Nobody would. Had he never left the order ... would he have died on Mimban, too? Or would the force have intervened to save it's precious Chosen One?

Darkness was now taking claim of the galaxy. He felt the Dark Side around Aryan Graul's family. The "Emperor" had declared he had turned his Sith away. Yet, Anakin expected he would soon find out the Dark Side was more sticky than expected. Once invited it was hard to get rid off.

There was also a darkness surrounding The Ultimate Weapon. A powerful darkness. Another Sith? Probably.

Then there was the lack of Luke himself. Last seen with Darth Maul on Coruscant. The crippled Sith was not as powerful as his former Master, but old and trained by Lord Sidious once. Had he converted Luke? Brought him to a place Anakin could not find him? Where? Korriban. Obi-Wan Kenobi had left for Korriban.

Anakin felt the urge to go there, but he feared the confrontation with his son. What if he was beyond redemption? What if he was the true heir of the Sith? Could Anakin Skywalker kill his own son?

No. He could not.

If Luke became the champion of darkness, darkness would prevail. It had chosen the one person in the galaxy Anakin was not ready to fight.

He opened his eyes, feeling meditation was hard when his thoughts drifted to Luke. It robbed him of his ability to concentrate.

Slowly he raised to his feet and instead concentrated on the task at hand. The Emperor was either coming soon or Anakin would leave for Mandalore. Either way he was about to confront another embodiment of the Dark Side. One he was much more confident to face. He was not afraid of death. He also would not hesitate to do what was necessary to stop another monster from acquiring the ability to destroy whole planets through one of these weapons. He felt the confrontation ahead like a feverish foreshadowing in the force.

His thoughts slowly wandered to his call with Feyna. The lack of trust she expressed had been obvious. Her last words had been a threat to cut him out of the communication. Dodonna had obviously agreed. Obi-Wan Kenobi had been wrong. The Rebellion was not in need of him as their leader. They had given up on their dream to disband the Empire and return to democracy. They wanted peace, even at the cost of freedom of two thirds of the galaxy. They had different goals than he had. Remaining with them would cripple their ability to reach that goals.

Anakin knew he had to leave once this crisis was over. His place was not among the Rebels. He could gather those who were ready to fight around himself and start a Rebellion true to the original cause, but that would harm Feyna and Dodonna just as much.

The war was over. He was the only one left who wanted to fight and he would not use his power to imprint his will on the galaxy. He had decided against that path a long time ago.

He knew the moment when he had failed. He had told Padme peace would come at the price of millions of planets given up to the despotism of the Empire. He had been right, but his trust and love for his dead wife had made him give up on this argument.

They had gathered on Alderaan and the Empire had killed them all. It had been their defeat. No ... no ... when those who had survived had decided to accept this act, that had been the defeat of the idea of a free galaxy.

Maybe the price of freedom was too high.

Now he was about to meet the Emperor of the same Empire that had committed this crime. He was late. Probably he would never come ... Anakin closed his eyes once more.

He felt lonely. He should have died with Padme. Or with the Jedi over Mimban. He had been meant to be on both planets. That would have spared him the pain of living as an artifact of a now dead ideal.

The force had guided him to surviving both events.

The Chosen One. The one who would bring balance to the force. It had been a curse all these years. He did not know how to bring this balance. He ... had failed to fulfill his destiny.

[​IMG]

For a moment he saw this glimpse of this dark knight. This embodiment of all he despised ... and he knew it had meant to be him.

Another vision took it's place and it broke his heart ...

[​IMG]

Tag: @HanSolo29 (peripherally), @LordTroepfchen (mentioned a lot and given a new outfit), @Sinrebirth

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Emperor Aryan Graul
    Private Quarters, Imperial Palace, Coruscant

Anakin Skywalker proved an impossible man; imperious, vexatious, and obstinate. With these qualities, it came as no surprise when he showed no interest in compromise and foolishly cut the transmission. Aryan, feeling that his ire had finally reached a breaking point, clenched his hand into a fist and slammed it against the desk with a sharp curse. The shockwave sent a pile of flimsies tumbling to the floor in a tumultuous cascade.

The Emperor made no attempt to pick up the mess. Instead, he leaned forward with his elbows resting against the edge of the desk and began to knead his forehead to ease his mounting tension. Things were spiraling out of control, and in many ways the collapsing stack of flimsies embodied that perfectly. He quickly decided that he was not willing to cooperate with Skywalker at this point, not when he seemed so intent in only satisfying his own agenda. The man did not care to negotiate, nor to discuss his terms with the Republic; he wasn’t even acting on their behalf! With that kind of mentality, Aryan knew that these talks could not possibly end well.

Why waste his time?

But despite this decision, Anakin had still managed to stir the seeds of doubt within him by allegedly blaming his wife for Arek’s current predicament. Was that simply a ploy to cause dissension between them, or was there some truth to his claims?

Either way, Aryan intended to consult Lyz about what had just transpired. Her response would determine his course of action going forward; whether it would confirm his worst fears, or support his own beliefs that Anakin Skywalker was nothing more than a cunning cheat.

With a steadying breath, Aryan rose back to his feet and padded across the floor to re-enter the bedroom suite. It was still several hours before the first rays of dawn would lick the eastern horizon, but even through the palpable darkness that bathed the room in deep shadow, Aryan could tell that the bed now lay empty. Lyz had fled, or at least had roused herself awake to vacate the immediate vicinity. While he felt the first bitter pangs of regret and anger take hold of him, he did not allow himself to succumb to this rising panic. There may still be a perfectly logical explanation for her absence. Perhaps she had simply retreated to the refresher, or…

Before he could finish that line of thought, the overhead lighting suddenly illuminated, eliciting another curse from Aryan after it nearly blinded him with its potent luminosity. It took a moment or two for his eyes to adjust, and when he finally turned toward the control panel to see who would dare assault him in such a way, he noted an uncomfortable looking aide standing at the threshold. He shifted from foot to foot as he sought the Emperor’s attention.

Aryan’s initial response was to berate the young man for charging into his private quarters unannounced; he was fortunate that he was decent and not presently engaged in…other activities. And yet, that thought fell quickly to the wayside when he heard what the man had to say.

“Your Majesty, I have the initial update on the assault on Chandrila now, and um...the Empress,” he stammered nervously, his gaze seeming to wander around the opulent room as a distraction. “She said she was…leaving for now?” The man suddenly looked pale in his gaudy attire.

For several seconds, Aryan simply stared, his expression an impenetrable mask as he processed this new bit of information. So, it was true; Lyz had fled. She had timed it almost perfectly with Skywalker’s damning revelation, which certainly gave credibility to his tale. In fact, it left little room for doubt; the timing of her escape was almost too perfect, as if she knew what they were discussing behind those closed doors and did not want to face the consequences. A listening bug, perhaps? Aryan seethed at the prospect, his chest tightening painfully as the onset of panic soon dissolved into unmitigated rage.

This was a betrayal; the ultimate betrayal. Lyz had lied to his face about their son and had used him as a pawn in this deadly game of political intrigue; she had endangered his hopes of reconciliation with the Republic and at finding a path that would lead to a resolution; she had taken advantage of him personally by lying intimate with him only a short time ago, an act that now held no significance and disgusted him when he considered the implications.

And on top of all of this, there was Chandrila…

What the kriff did you do, Lyz?! Godsdamnit!

He knew in his heart that he could never bring himself to forgive her. This was beyond anything he had done through his illicit affair; she had deliberately placed their son, along with millions of others, in immediate danger. This was now a life-threatening situation.

“There should not be an update to report,” he rumbled darkly to the aide, his eyes flashing with a dangerous light. He was on the edge of control, like a taut wire ready to snap under the strain. “This assault should not have happened in the first place, do you understand?! Pull them out now! I’ll have a formal response prepared to send out once all vessels are clear of the system.”

He then angled his chin down, his expression seeming to grow darker. “Now, where the hell is my wife?” he growled harshly, his hands clenching instinctively at his sides. “Do you know?” He stalked closer, now towering over the young man. “I want to make it very clear that she no longer has the authority to speak on my behalf, so whatever she told you to keep you silent,” he scoffed and shook his head lightly, “I now declare that void. Keep that in mind before you force me to handle this myself.”

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @DarkLordoftheFins (peripherally)

23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn and A'Shared Hett aka as Krayt and XoXaan
    Temple of XoXaan

The broken warrior asked for help and Zorn grinned down at him. With the force he summoned the lightsaber of his enemy and let it fall in front of the hands of the man who was gasping as he remained on all fours.

The cruelest fate of all is the collision of two men equally chosen by destiny.

Horn allowed another wave of crackling lightning to be released and the blue tendrils crawled into the tattooed man's body. He screamed out.

"I am Darth Zorn. I am Chosen! I am a Lord of the Sith!" He yelled.

Titles. They don't impress me.

"I am the future of the Sith." Zorn gasped and saw the man grab his lightsaber with his last strength.

So was he. Chosen. The future of the Sith. He was meant to resurrect the order. Bring chaos and order to the galaxy the same time.

The broken warrior screamed out in frustration. Anger seemed to give him a strength Zorn had not thought was possible.

"True fate ..." He stepped aside and the stab of Krayt missed him as the elder warrior leaped to his feet. Zorn's blade cut elegantly through his upper legs, severing the muscles and making his body collapse for good. "... cannot be taken." He ended his sentence.

I agree. Yet, you took it from him.

"Your anger makes you powerful." Krayt gasped. "But I can feel your doubt. Your pain. Deep inside. I feel your suffering." Krayt turned and leaned against the pillar broken by his body earlier. "You are nothing but a boy. Deep inside you know, all you are ... you are only because of him. Is it that what you try to escape? Being your fathers legacy?" He was in pain, yet a raspy laughter escaped his lips. Zorn stepped over him.

"He betrayed his destiny. Unlike you." Zorn lay his head aside. "You failed to fulfill yours." He raised his lightsaber above his head.

Before Krayt could say a word his blade cut down and parted the torso of his enemy. The dead body collapsed as the final moment of pain echoed in the force.

Zorn looked down on him and turned. A pale figure floated not to far away and the features of the female turned into a smile.

"Lord Zorn, you have taken his destiny. Now take his place." She lowered her head. "That is what you came for, isn't it?"

Zorn stepped closer and deactivated his energy blade. "Who are you?"

"I am XoXaan, the Fallen and the Ascended, failed, outcast, hunted, feared, fallen and exiled. Yet I have risen above these things and I have mastered the power of both the light and the dark. Jedi and Sith both called me ... Master." She floated closer and only now Zorn saw the glowing crystal pyramid, not bigger than a fist, resting nearby on a stone.

"You are a Holocron." He said. He had heard about these legendary storing devices.

"I am much more than that. As you will soon understand. Now ... don't you kneel before your new Master?"

Zorn looked at her. Indeed he felt her power. She was much more than a simple holographic projection. With a smile he slowly lowered to his knees.

"Your apprentice awaits his first lesson."

24. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Mandalore

The rest of the trip to Mandalore was quiet, in a rather uncomfortable way. Winter had suggested they all rest, but Feyna spent most of the journey mentally re-visiting the past few days—or more specifically, second-guessing the choices she’d made.

She shouldn’t have gone to Takodona. True, she’d gotten the crystal, but Han only barely trusted her with it. She’d found Winter and Syndulla, but she’d also gotten Erso and Irenez killed, and maybe Arek as well. She should have just gone straight to the base instead. A lot of this might have been avoided if she had.

She shouldn’t have suggested contacting the Emperor, or trying to get Imperial support to fight the Separatists, and really she regretted the entire conversation with Anakin. She’d definitely said some things she shouldn’t have, and now Han, and probably Anakin as well, were convinced that she didn’t want to fight the Empire at all, which wasn’t true. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to punish the Empire for Alderaan, just that she wanted to be sure that she was punishing the right people. Whether Graul was in on it or not, someone had to answer for destroying her home, and killing her family.

And that, too, was a result of decisions she’d made. She had agreed to let Alderaan host the damned summit, thereby making her planet and her people a target.

Clearly, she should have learned then that a diplomatic approach with the Empire was not worth the effort.

She did wonder if they were making the right move now, going up against the Separatists. But the plan hadn’t been hers to begin with, and since she felt that she was no longer in charge, she didn’t think it was her place to call off the planned battle.

And Feyna was slowly growing skeptical of Han’s idea of leaving the Separatists to the Empire; what if the Empire decided to take the Ultimate Weapon for themselves, rather than destroy it? A ready-made second Death Star, lacking only a final crystal. Erso had mentioned that the Empire had spare crystals hidden away somewhere; if they took the Separatists’ weapon, they wouldn’t need the one currently stashed in Feyna’s bag.

For a moment she wondered whether there was anyone left who would know about those crystals, but then she remembered that Erso had identified the Imperial who’d picked up Lyz at Delaya. “Director Krennic, the head of the project.”

So there was still at least one Imperial left alive—maybe?—who had definitely had a hand in the destruction of Alderaan. And while Feyna would usually defend a person’s right to trial before punishment, respecting the line between justice and revenge….she might make an exception in Krennic’s case.

Feyna hung back with Winter and Syndulla while Han spoke with a Mandalorian girl who looked even younger than Feyna herself. And while Feyna kept one ear tuned to their conversation, her attention was mostly on the brief update they’d received from Dodonna: Anakin had made contact with the Emperor, and—Qi’ra was alive?

Feyna tried not to get her hopes up that Arek had survived as well, telling herself that his fate was out of her hands, and she had bigger things to worry about just now. If Qi’ra had survived, she’d be coming after the crystal, too.

Feyna reached back to her bag, reassuring herself that the box was still inside, though there was no reason it wouldn’t be. Somehow, she had to keep this thing away from the Separatists and a Dark Jedi.

Great.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @RachelTyrell @TheSilentInfluence @galactic-vagabond422

25. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo brought to you by myself and @Sinrebirth :cool:

IC: Pascale Rouser, The Beast and The Dark Man

It seemed, although the Dark Man was addressing the beast (Pascale still felt better calling him that instead of Typhojem) the beast had decided at the moment not to respond. It seemed he was taking a nap of sorts.

Not surprising since he had been literally pulled from Rouser’s chest and had been in a battle with a Jedi. Pascale would not begrudge him a nap. However he was more knowledgeable regarding the crystal then he was. He had to remember back to when he first entered the cave leading to the temple itself.

“It seems our mutual friend has taken a nap” Pascale said with a smile “However I can tell you what I discovered about this crystal from what I saw on Mimban” he relaxed back in the chair as if he was about to tell a story, crossing one leg over the other.

“There was creation myth in the cave which I managed to decipher. The Coway worshiped this Pomojema, they believed it to be some sort of God, they may have known Typhojem was inside judging that one of the Coway I met mentioned he was the Left Handed Lord. They say the crystal fell from the sky, that Pomojema was defeated. A battle between the Destructors and Protectors I beleive” he paused “You may have heard of this since you wish to be a Destructor yourself”

“The statue in the Temple itself had a visage like Typhojems, obviously based on him. In both his hands were shards of the crystal that had been cut off” he revealed the shard he had in his pocket “I got one, Han Solo got the other. I believe during the Sith Wars these were used to power lightsabers”

“From what I can gather, the crystal has healing properties. Since our beastly friend and you want it, I can only surmise that it could do something to Force users if in their hands and not just power a superweapon”

The Dark Man allowed that grin to roll into the Force again, and nodded. “Precisely so. The connection between Pomojema and Typhojem and the shared title of the Left Handed Lord is correct, but you may not know that Typhojem also has a title of the Father of Shadows, and the Master of Masters.”

He gestured, and the lights dimmed and holoprojector showed a cloaked visage that matched the Dark Man’s. “While the Father of Shadows is a much older dark entity, regarded as being from the original creation myth, before the first world was despoiled and the Maker moved on... the Master of Masters is a title assumed by only one thereafter. He never abandoned it, as far as I can tell. If anything, locating the original Master has proven impossible, though he was posited to be connected to the infamous Sages of Dwartii.”

The Dark Man lazily gestured to the four statues that occupied the corners of the room, statues he had liberated from Palpatine’s private collection. “But of course, I'm discussing history from thirty six thousand years ago. It’s nigh impossible to find original sources. Almost every world is simply not primitive enough.” A shrug. “You’d need to find a world uniquely isolated, that has had the single culture for all of that time period, or perhaps no more than two or three.”

He flickered his hand, and a galaxy map appeared. He gestured to fifteen percent of the disc that was labelled the Unknown Regions. “Even here, unknown does not mean unclaimed - many of the species trapped here have developed their own histories and interacted with their neighbours, diluting the original story beyond recognition.”

The Dark Man was, in essence, discussing archaeology with an archaeologist.

The Beast was silent, but He was dreaming, and ruminating...searching, even, Rouser might be able to intuit.

Pascale listened attentively as the Dark Man told him the tale, it was intriguing and yet a little concerning that Typhojem was the Dark Master and here he was inside a mere mortal. And that the original Master was connected to the Sages. He had heard of these of course as part of his studies and places connected to these were on his list to visit.

Meanwhile the beast was having a rather nice rest, like a cat content in it’s basket. He seemed to be searching as well, probably secretly listening in to the conversation and delving into his own memories.

“I of course have heard of the Sages of Dwartii, philosophers and lawmakers that helped to shape the Republic themselves: Braata, Yanjon, Faya and Sistros. But for these to be associated with the Master himself, it seems like the darkness shaped the Republic or was there conflict between the Master and his students? Who knows. Could these sages have been Protectors at some point and he a Destructor? Just a theory.”

His blue eyes fixed on the cowl “They came from Dwartii near Nouane I believe. You may have no doubt visited there or perhaps Nouana itself. There was a rumour from my contacts that there was a temple on Nouane, if he taught the Sages, could he have come from there? Perhaps there is information there. They are, or were quite isolationist I believe from what I have heard. Perhaps there is information there about it all”

“As to your project idea regarding artefacts regarding these sages it sounds like a good idea, perhaps I can use my resources to find things for you to further your collection and understanding. Perhaps even help your plan to become a Destructor” Pascale hoped not, but the further away he was from this weapon and this person the better.

“I wonder though what this all has to do with the crystal and your plan in general”

"I doubt there is any real connection between Typhojem and the Master... it is just curious that there is nothing known about the Master before and after the time he tutored the Protectors. A year odd, and he was gone. As if he had vanished into thin air. From all sources, it was after he left that events went out of control."

"It's essentially odd - and it's also key to figuring out..." he gestured broadly to the statues. "What the four of them had in mind for the Republic."

A slight pause, and the Dark Man raised his hand to his mouth in thought. "But you posit the key question - was the Master a Protector or a Destructor? Benevolent, or malevolent? Did he set the Protectors on a dark path, or did he arrange it with the best intentions, but inadvertently caused what happened?"

"He is so very much a twilight entity... both dawn and dusk," the Dark Man lamented.

A shrug. "Lord Sidious was collecting pieces of the puzzle - thus these four statues falling into his hands. One, for example," he gestured to Yanjon. "Ended up in the possession of Hego Damask, the banker whose secret identity was Darth Plagueis. How? Why? These statues are ancient beyond ancient, made of neuranium, a material impossible to penetrate with even modern scanners..." his fingers turned to the statue of Sistros. "That is how Lord Sidious smuggled his first lightsaber into Coruscant, concealed within Sistros himself. During the Clone Wars he created two others to wield, but his first was always in his office, nearby, should he ever need it..."

"... it was lost, thrown from the window by Mace Windu in their final bout as I watched. I would very much have liked to have it. But no matter," the Dark Man sounded thoughtful, and forgot himself for a moment, straightening. "The Protectors are key to understanding something known as the World Between Worlds - mentioned in ancient hermetica on Malachor V - Sith have claimed it as their own, but it predates them, to Trayus, who served the Old Ones. My efforts to access it on Lothal were foiled, but I have discovered another way to pierce the Veil, so to speak."

He gestured to Rouser, the holographic galaxy continuing to swirl above them. "Tell me, do you know how the essence that made an avatar of you did so - where it had percolated for a hundred millennia?"

An avatar of me?

The history lesson was interesting, after all he was learning about the history of the sages, something that had intrigued him since his early studies. But this was turning into a very weird session. It seemed he was linked to this in some way, or perhaps it was his mind playing tricks.

And that last question, was it about Typhojem, or about him? He didn't really have any answer for each.

“Perhaps with the more artifacts you find, you may answer your questions. Perhaps the statues themselves hold the keys but as you say, most scanners cannot penetrate them. Perhaps Palpatine left something for you in there for you to find, information he had gathered, he may have even sent other people on this quest” he shrugged “What all four had in mind for the Republic I guess we will never know. A shame they could not leave anything to tell us a tale of what happened between them and the Master”

“The Master must have had some sort of plan. You want to become a Destructor, so it must resonate with something perhaps the Master wanted to do or what the Protectors may have released or realized. Knowledge of course would be useful in this point but alas it seems we are speculating”

“As to your last question I have no idea” Pascale said shaking his head. “If it’s Typhojem you speak of, perhaps he came from this World Between worlds you speak of, but i’m sure the beast is best placed to tell all, he knows more than I do and I have never had an inkling from him of where he has been. All I know was that he was in that crystal, and when I made my incorrect choice he chose me to inhabit. If you are talking about me then I have no idea.”

“Precisely,” the Dark Man growled. “That’s the point; it was His Crystal for all those millennia - it’s an anchor that this particular fragment of your Beast has used to remain in this world...”

A turn of his hand and Mimban appeared, and then was expanded upon, showing geographic features and so forth. The map was impressive, in that it included both planetary and galactic models.

A lazy gesture, resetting the nal. “So it follows that he always knows exactly where the Crystal is,” the hand stopped by pointing at the Galactic map. A dozen worlds were shown in red on the plotted worlds of white - Coruscant, Fondor, Corellia, Kuat, Chandrila, Mandalore, and so forth.

“No?”

It was strange and somewhat unsettling to think that there were different beasts running around on different worlds as such, different timelines that could mean so many different possibilities. Another myth that could possibly be true.

Pascale looked at the planets that were highlighted. He knew the others had gone to Mandalore, that was the end game. It was time to begin it. And he would make sure the Dark Man met his end.
    “Everyone is at Mandalore, and I know the crystal was supposed to head there, so it might be a good place to start” he smiled “I suppose we should get going”

Later…..

After heading to quarters he had been given all he could do was pace around, plans and ideas going around in his head. He had to get off this thing if he could, but if it came to it, he would make sure the Dark Man burned in a fiery death. Sadly he may go down in flames as well but at least he would be content that this madman would not cover the galaxy in darkness.

Black Sun however would be leaderless and there was no successor he could think of that he could hand the reins to if the battle that was to come went sour. He may have to leave a recording perhaps for someone to access along with all the information he had been sent on the workings of Black Sun. A “just in case” measure.

The alternative was to try and sneak off without the Dark Man noticing, perhaps call Black Sun assets in to assist. It would hack off the Vigo’s but he could end up being in the good graces of the victors. And no doubt Han had a particularly bonkers plan to destroy the station.

Perhaps he could send his former comrades a message. Han would probably rather chuck him off the nearest hillside, a shame really as they could have had a good rivalry. Ka’tra might be the same. However Linnett might be more understanding depending on what she thought of him after stealing her life from her basically. It could be another option.

The only other option was a suicide mission. Find something rather explosive and watch the fireworks go off. The beast may have something to say about him essentially throwing his life away but if everything else failed, and the others were either dead or wounded then it would be p to him to finish the job.

Given the choice between him and you ruling the galaxy, I'd take you at the moment he thought to the beast but remember what I said before. We are better being in the background, maybe you might have some fun too. But this could mean the end for me so I hope you have a backup plan.

He was then commed to meet once again with the Dark Man. The creature thanked him for his aid in ending what he called this “pointless war”. Pascale smiled slightly but did not answer. He thought to himself that he didn't really do anything apart from try to chase a crystal down. He supposed that Black Sun had aided him by throwing their lot in but Pascale would make sure that if he survived, Black Sun would look for business elsewhere.

The Dark Man had brought his book with him, and it wasn't for some light reading. Pascale’s blue eyes opened in shock as he read the names that had been crossed off and then at the names remaining. The Dark Man noted that once the list was done, they would win. Again was it the royal “we” he was using or not.

As the Ultimate Weapon jumped into hyperspace Rouser knew that the end battle was about to begin. He may have chosen the wrong side, but perhaps he could redeem himself.

The saying goes that you only live once. But in Pascale’s case….

You only live twice.

@QueenSabe7, @HanSolo29

@Mitth_Fisto, @Kev-Mas_Colcha

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.