main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode IV: Twilight of the Force: A Father’s Legacy - Game is now OVER!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 20, 2018.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Jedi Master Mace Windu
    Ossus

Here's how it often went.

Master Windu would sit in this chamber in the great library of Ossus and feel the light so strong in the place that it jumped right out as soon as you closed your eyes. The first time he came here it nearly took his breath away. Sometimes, when meditating, he'd find a tear leaking from his eye, leaving a trail on his cheek.

He'd sit in the chamber and he would imagine himself millennia ago, a contemporary of Odan-Urr. In this fantasy, Mace Windu is not a Jedi who invented an aggressive form of lightsaber combat in order to curb and channel his own temperament away from the dark side. In this fantasy, he was quiet and bookish, like Odan-Urr. He focused on small things. He took pleasure in silence. He found arranging texts on shelves to be meditative. This version of Mace Windu had fought in a war with a clear cut enemy, and had been the kind of man who truly loved peace - not just the kind of man who knew peace was better, despite himself. In this imagined history, he'd grown long dreadlocks, because he had the patience to tend them. In this imagined history, he was millennia removed from the Chose One.

Mace Windu knew shatterpoints. Chancellor Palpatine's office was a shatterpoint, and it broke a million different ways.

He was called back to the present by Master Zey's words. ‘The Pyke’s and other criminal families have gathered resources to assist the Coway, who are funding this effort through unknown means. My mission has been to curb the greatest excesses of the syndicate, but the Force urges caution. A greater hand is at play here, and I cannot judge where it will go.’ Master Windu reached into the Force. He could sense the darkness obscuring this situation. It all felt terribly familiar. Why?

‘Does the Council wish for me to stay with the Pyke’s, or move to support the Coway against the Empire and discover who is truly financing this conflict? I shall of course seek to ensure that we do not engage the Imperials directly, and only teach or guide the Coway as advisors, as we did on neutral words during the Clone Wars.’

Mace felt Master Yoda's eyes on him. It had been this way since the Clone Wars. Indecision. Uncertainty. A hitch in their step.

But a voice spoke up, first. The girl's. Master Windu searched his mind for her name. He was ashamed that, with so few Jedi left, he could not retrieve it. "We should advise the Coway, Master," the padawan said. "They should know how to defend themselves." Master Windu felt her tentatively probing to see if she'd spoken in too much haste. "We should still be careful Master, I don't like how this place feels."

Master Windu reached within himself to bury the impulse to chasten the girl. She had spoken out of turn, but the will to correct others wasn't what it used to be, the flashes of anger he has so long kept at a simmer. "It's true the Coway will need help resisting the gathered forces seeking to pillage their world, but a Jedi presence risks enflaming tensions. Surely there are other options on the table, where Mimban is concerned."

He paused, and turned to the padawan. "Tell me more about these feelings."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @TheSilentInfluence @Lawbreaker

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Secret Jedi safeworld, Ossus, Council Chambers within the former Great Jedi library

Madelyn glanced over to Master Windu as he spoke, keeping her eyes locked to him as he asked her to describe these feelings. She didn't mind Master Windu. Not really. She thought he could be a grumpy old man sometimes, but she would never tell him that. The Jedi who survived earned that right.

"It feels like someone is sitting on my chest. A constant pressure right here." Madelyn pointed to her upper chest. "Masters? What if we don't go in as Jedi?" She asked looking at them softly. "It feels wrong not to try to help."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @BobaMatt @Lawbreaker

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  3. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jedi Council Chambers

Obi-Wan Kenobi watched the Grand Master of the Jedi Order with the same concern that had been growing over the years.

The past lay heavy on the ancient Jedi Master. Guilt defined him. The same was true for Master Windu to some extent. But the past lead to doubts about the Jedi way and doubt lead to fear. And where fear lead them was most obvious to any Jedi.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had followed the two Masters into the Clone Wars. He had never doubted them. No Jedi ever had. Only his Master had rebelled against the Council. Had he survived Naboo, maybe he would have been a voice of reason they would have needed. Instead they had made mistakes. Mistakes billions had paid for. Mistakes thousands of Jedi had died for.

Yet, the mistakes were those of the past and had not Master Yoda endlessly reminded him to stay in the here and now? Focused on the present.

Master Zey addressed him and not the two Jedi Masters who seemed to become distracted. Kenobi had learned to live with his position of responsibility. Also it was never one he had desired. Some said he was especially qualified because of that. He himself did not think in these terms anymore. The force had brought him here and this was his purpose now.

It was Master Windu who responded and addressed the Jedi Padawan directly. She was eager to help, of course. It felt like a young Anakin urging him into action as he preached caution.

"Yes, it does." Obi-Wan cut in, but his voice was still gentle an as he addressed the Padawan. "It always feels better to act and help. That is why any action must be viewed with caution by a Jedi. Because they always feel better, they can easily be wrong." Like the Clone Wars.

Then there was a ripple in the force. There was a surprised feeling spreading in the temple. Something had happened. Something that was probably important.

Kenobi stroked his beard. There was a part of him that dared to think the unthinkable. Had Master Yoda's and Master Windu's way of the Jedi failed them? Was it time for a new way? This Padawan was send to a mission she did not fully understand. Like all the young she saw the problem in front of her and not the problem behind her.

Shaking his head Kenobi addressed Master Zey. "I disagree with your Padawan, I am afraid." He said in a calm voice, showing no hostility.

"The Jedi shall not be lured into a conflict they do not fully understand. The council needs to understand what force is driving the conflict and why. Our primary goal must be to protect the people of Mimban. By stopping this war, not by encouraging it. Move to the Coway and find out who is behind the conflict. If we understand how this conflict came about, we might be able to stop it. Finding out the 'greater hand' you described must be your primary objective." Kenobi looked at his two colleagues for confirmation of his orders and stroked his beard. "The mistakes of the past shall not be repeated." He finally reminded them of the experiences that lead to his decision.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @BobaMatt

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    His chambers, Naboo

These visions almost felt like a plea ... or a nudge ... of the force to get involved again. The Dark Man on the Throne. Who guaranteed this Dark Man would not be him? Nobody did. The force was not a benefactor, it was in many ways indifferent. Sometimes he even wondered if it was not a driving force behind the conflict. Defined by the battle of darkness and light, was the force not reliant on this conflict to never end? Did the history of the Galaxy not reflect this idea?

These questions had to be answered before he would ever dare to participate in the conflict again. But then again could he ever get out? Were his children not part of it already through their existence alone?

It had appeared to be so easy all those years ago. He had not even cared to tell Mace Windu or Master Yoda about his decision. He had talked to the only Jedi he had not doubted in the end. His Master, who had warned him a million times and who he had almost ignored for too long. Almost.

He remembered his former Master in the appartement of Padme. He remembered telling him about the marriage and pregnancy of Padme.

"Anakin, the council will not take this lightly. You have violated the Code of the Jedi." Obi Wan had told him, but leaving no doubt he was on Anakin's side. He had probably known. Deep down he had probably always known.

Anakin had looked at his friend and Master and then he had said it. "The Jedi Council won't have any say in this, Master. I leave the Jedi Order."

Obi-Wan Kenobi had said nothing. He had only stared at him and nodded.

"He was my friend, Master. I believed in him." Anakin said.

"I know." Obi-Wan had only said.

"There was a part of me that was ready to follow him. I know I would have brought endless tragedy to the Jedi Order. I know ... I would have brought tragedy to Padme." Anakin lowered his eyes. "To the galaxy itself."

Obi-Wan Kenobi spared him another 'I know.', but it lingered between them.

"What will you do?" His Master had finally asked. Anakin had laughed. "Be a father." He had said. "Scares the hell out of me."

They had laughed. Then they had dwelled in memories of their adventures like old friends. Anakin had left the announcement of his decision to the Council to his former Master. He had no need to talk to them. He felt he owed them nothing.

That had been almost two decades ago. He had never regretted the decision.

His thoughts were derailed as he felt Padme in the force. An element of urgency and surprise. Checking his comm he had a message. The Emperor wanted peace negotiations. The Dark Man, he remembered his vision. Things were set into motion. This was the beginning. He opened a channel.

"I will be down with you in a moment." He simply replied and made his way down.

When he finally arrived with her he gave her a reassuring smile. "What do you think about it? It might be a trap. Or he might be more desperate than we all thought." After all the Emperor had never managed to defeat the Republic. Not even in the political arena. The Cold War could be ended, he knew Padme would not have a choice on this. But would they not betray the very idea they lived by? The faith that democracy was the only acceptable alternative to rule a Galaxy?

This was one of these days he felt he was very comfortable in his role as a husband. "I can babysit the younglings while you are away." He joked and showed his still boyish smile. They both knew he would be there to protect her.

Always.

Always.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Secret Jedi safeworld, Ossus, Council Chambers within the former Great Jedi library

As Master Kenobi spoke Madelyn tried not to look upset. He was right about being hasty, but Madelyn was worried that if they didn't act fast a whole race of people should be lost.

It wasn't like she didn't respect Master Kenobi. He was kind and in his own way, looked out for her before. But she was still worried.

"With respect Masters...I'm concerned that the Coway won't be able to handle the Empire. They don't have technology like we do. And if the Empire uses that against them, they won't exist anymore." Madelyn said softly. She had read about the Coway and knew about their underground villages. They could be in serious trouble. "I know you think that I'm rushing into this, but I don't want what happened to the Jedi to happen to anyone else."

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Princess Feyna Organa
    Galactic Senate chamber, Coruscant (attending via hologram)
    Actual location: Royal Palace, Aldera, Alderaan

Feyna wondered if her father noticed that she was fidgeting.

She was well aware that she was being tested. Bail wanted to see if she could handle standing in for him in the Senate. It was probably something she should have seen coming, but it had still come as a surprise. She’d arrived with the expectation of observing, like usual, only to have her father sit her down in his seat instead. You’re doing this today. I’ll watch. You’ll be fine.

For the most part, it was playing out rather like every other session of the last few weeks. Padme was trying to get the Senate behind a formal peace agreement between the Republic and the Empire, Vizier Pestage was doing his utmost to block her, and Feyna, at the moment, was left to just watch things unfold.

‘But I do not consider that a ‘declaration of peace’ will undercut the basic fundamentals of the issue at hand. Until the Republic returns to the Empire, the galaxy cannot heal from the Clone Wars -‘

Pestage’s voice became lost in the tumult of shouting and bickering that ensued. Feyna didn’t engage, just gave her head a tiny shake of exasperation.

If this kept up, maybe she wouldn’t need to do anything—not exactly what she’ call a ‘successful’ first session, but better than blowing it completely. Maybe—

Mas Amedda rose from his throne, pounding his scepter to quiet the squabbling delegates. Pestage, still trying to make himself heard over the ruckus, also went silent, and Amedda spoke:

‘We shall consider a formal accord; a Treaty, perhaps. In one week We shall be conveyed to the Republic world of Alderaan and discuss terms, based upon the definition of borders, mutual trade agreements, and working towards a joint task force designed to defend against the depredations of the Separatists, but also to separate warring factions in the Neutral World’s. It is time to end this Galactic Cold War and return to the millennium of peace that the Clone Wars and Jedi Rebellion ended.’

One didn’t need the Force to feel the shock that went through the chamber; Feyna’s eyes widened, and behind her, outside of the holofield, she could hear her father’s surprised reaction.

Did he really just… Did Amedda actually just agree to discuss a peace treaty?

Her father, Padme, Mon Mothma…this was what they had been working toward for as long as Feyna could remember, pushing back against every Imperial wall for nearly two decades. And suddenly Amedda just gave in?

Perhaps their persistence was finally about to pay off, Feyna thought.

Or it’s a trap.

What if Amedda was trying to trick them, get the major Republic leaders in one place so he could eliminate them?

But even if it was, could they afford to pass up the opportunity? They might not get this chance again, and if the Republic backed out, then it would reflect badly on them.

And Amedda had designated Alderaan to host the conference, which put them in control of security. They could ensure the safety of all representatives, on both sides.

Feyna signaled for her pod to detach from its dock, moving to hover about midway between the chamber wall and Amedda’s throne, and stood from her seat, folding her hands in front of her so she wouldn’t fidget. “Alderaan would be honored to host such a meeting, if both sides are in agreement to move forward,” she stated, her voice steady and clear.

She was trying to play it safe, merely affirming Alderaan’s willingness to be the chosen locale for the talks, nothing more. Not discouraging the meeting, nor definitively confirming the Republic’s participation. Feyna wasn’t yet comfortable enough to make that call herself. She’d leave that decision to someone like Padme, or Chancellor Mothma.

Her first Senate session was turning out to be much more eventful than she—or her father, probably—could have ever imagined.

TAG: @HanSolo29 , @Sinrebirth

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Palace on Naboo

Luke smiled at Leia as she had defended herself and he considered reactivating his lightsaber again to teach her not to trust an opponent. But he was not her teacher.

"Sure. Go ahead, I am right behind you Leia." Indeed whatever happened was of far greater interest to him than some boring sparing match with Leia. Maybe something had happened at last that would force his father back into action.

"But when do they tell us anything?" He sighed, not too convinced them following their mother would have the desired result.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    The Council Chamber, Great Library, Ossus

"The Jedi shall not be lured into a conflict they do not fully understand. The council needs to understand what force is driving the conflict and why. Our primary goal must be to protect the people of Mimban. By stopping this war, not by encouraging it. Move to the Coway and find out who is behind the conflict. If we understand how this conflict came about, we might be able to stop it. Finding out the 'greater hand' you described must be your primary objective." Kenobi looked at Yoda and Master Windu, the latter of whom wondered if Kenobi could see the confusion wrinkling his brows. "The mistakes of the past shall not be repeated."

Windu pursed his lips, knitted his fingers before and leaned in. Disagreements among the Council were hard, and this impulsive padawan was making things harder. He opened his mouth to speak, but then: "With respect Masters," the padawan was speaking again. "I'm concerned that the Coway won't be able to handle the Empire. They don't have technology like we do. And if the Empire uses that against them, they won't exist anymore."

"We have different definitions of the word 'resepct,' apprentice." Windu could feel the old aggression, like heartburn, like coaxium. "Did Master Kenobi assign you a compromise or did he not? Arligan Zey, are you the Jedi Master or is she? You would do well to make a decision between you. I'm happy to swap you. Count on it."

The padawan's voice came softly. "I know you think that I'm rushing into this," she was barely breathing the words, "but I don't want what happened to the Jedi to happen to anyone else."

The Force rustled like leaves in a soft breeze. It was a reminder for Mace: the Empire had committed an atrocity in wiping out the Jedi. It was not merely an oversight on his and Yoda's part that led to the destruction of the Jedi, but a thousand years of Sith machinations. "You will be cautious. You will not move as Jedi, but as criminals - smugglers, gunrunners, there with the rest of the riffraff. Master Zey, if you find it useful, use your identities as Pyke operatives. Better to use their credits than our own. You will report to Master Kenobi, as is only fit, since he has so wisely acceded to this mission. You will do reconnaissance, but you will not interfere directly in the Empire's war against the natives."

He breathed deeply, set his jaw, and recentered himself. He looked directly at the padawan. "You crave justice. That's a good quality in a Jedi. But we risk putting the Coway and other peoples across the galaxy at risk if we act without consideration. We have an opportunity here to understand a problem and undo it, to cure an illness rather than hold off a symptom."

"If that's all, then you are dismissed."
    He sat back in his chair and sighed, staring at the hems of Master Kenobi's robes.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @Lawbreaker

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    General Grievous
    Earlier, in a Geonosian Medical Facility...

[​IMG]

It was like living a nightmare that never ends. From inside the confines of a bacta tank, the remains of a legendary Kaleesh warlord floated like so much disfigured debris, just like that day so many years ago, only this time, to look upon his remains was far more humiliating. He was little more than brains in a jar, thanks to the Jedi. They had sabotaged his shuttle years ago—so he was told by Count Dooku—and now they had taken from him yet again. The creature—unidentifiable as a Kaleesh—could no longer see. His eyes had been all but incinerated by shots fired from his own blaster that had ignited his few but fragile organic parts. All he could remember from that moment was darkness and agony and the sound of hellish screaming. No one needed to explain. He knew the screaming had been an extension of his agony.

[​IMG]

He vaguely remembers the sound of his arch enemy vacating the scene; the sound of the Soulless One being stolen from him. Silence. Darkness. Would that he could have willed that darkness to consume his charred consciousness and never return it to the land of the living, but if there is one thing Grievous has learned over the course of his existence, it is this: life is so very cruel. Those who wish to live are denied; even more so, those who wish to die are spit upon and denied. He would live through this hell in spite of wanting nothing more than to let it all go. He remembers trying to put his mind somewhere beyond pain. If only he did possess the Force. He could then use the pain to strengthen himself as he had seen both Dooku and Sidious do so many times, but he is not so gifted. Force help the whole blasted galaxy if he had been!

Just when it seemed as though he had found a mental place to keep the pain at bay, he remembers the unwelcome interruption. Separatist voices. That blasted coward Nute Gunray and the stinking termite Poggle The Lesser, with his clicking, moaning, trumpeting dialect. Grievous could have strangled both of them with his bare hands, but they were far beyond the command of his brain. He was at the mercy of those whom he couldn’t stomach. Again. History repeated. His hatred for Kenobi grew furiously intense. The Jedi never could do anything right; not even kill. His anger could rival that of a thousand Sith in that moment. He could not even speak to tell the foul creatures he outranked to get the hell away from him. Something akin to a gagging cough escaped him though.

He heard Poggle announce something in his annoying native language; telling his companions the good general was alive, no doubt. Unable to see or feel that he is being laid hold of, he was only aware of the sensation that he was being moved. And it was agonizing. Numbness at last mercifully laid claim to his consciousness and Grievous, for once, was all too willing to surrender. Perhaps he wouldn’t live to remember this after all. No such luck. Like deja vu, Grievous found himself submerged in a bacta tank, San Hill standing on the other side of the tempered glass. Grievous could not see him, but he recognized his voice.

[​IMG]

”General Grievous,” he says calmly, ”You live. Barely. Can you hear me?”

“Yes.” His voice is purely electronic, transmitted by brain waves passing through electrodes attached to what is left of his head.

”Good,” Hill replies in an oily tone, ”You were fortunate to have been found. Another thirty minutes or so and we would not be having this conversation.”

“Are you expecting me to be grateful?” the charred and dismembered remains demand bitterly, “We have been here before. You did not let me go then—“

”And I will not let you go now,” Hill cut him off, ”It will take...a considerable amount of time to restore you. Your master is dead. You remember, yes? Count Dooku was killed by Anakin Skywalker on your flagship. What you do not know is that Lord Sidious is dead as well; killed by the same hand that killed Dooku. The Separatists are without a leader. We need you, General. Your brilliant mind and brute strength are without rival and now you can be unshackled. Without Dooku and Sidious, you would be free to make wise decisions with no political agenda to adhere to. Do you see what I am offering you?”

Grievous was silent; listening. He knew well that his efforts were many times thwarted by two masters who had no interest in winning a war; they only cared about advancing themselves to positions of power and they would use anyone or anything as a means to achieve it. His anger burned at the knowledge of having been nothing more than a pawn all this time. Now he had the chance to be the key piece he knew he was born to be in this war. Even the Separatists recognized that his success was restrained and sabotaged repeatedly by Dooku and Sidious. With them out of the way, perhaps there really could be vengeance visited upon the Republic, the Jedi, and their allies.

”Will you agree to let us try to restore you a second time?” San Hill tentatively pressed him for an answer, preferably an agreeable one.

The remains of the creature inside the bacta tank were understandably unreadable in expression, but anyone who had known the Kaleesh general for any period of time would know the wheels are always turning in his strategic mind. He is considering the offer, otherwise he would have vehemently rejected it by now. A slow smile spread across the Muun’s long face. Just as before, he had Grievous right where he wanted him.

“So be it,” the General at last responds, but his electronic voice becomes dangerous as he adds a condition to his agreement, “However, you will remove any unauthorized implants and enhancements placed in my brain beforehand. You will not tamper with my mind beyond what I have agreed to. If you do, the price you pay will be at the cost of your life. Is that clear?”

At first, Hill had been unconcerned by Grievous’ threat. After all, Dooku had managed to sneak a lot of things into and out of the cyborg’s mind without his knowledge. But the more Grievous talks, the more concerned Hill becomes. He is not capable of subduing an angry machine of a man the way Dooku and Sidious could as Sith Lords. He has no doubt that Grievous can and will kill him if he dares do anything so brazenly against his wishes.

”Agreed,” the Muun replies solidly, ”It will be just as you say, General. Rest now. I will make the necessary preparations to begin the restoration process.”

[​IMG]

——————

A considerable amount of time later aboard the Ultimate Weapon in an undisclosed location...

[​IMG]

The cold steel slab under his heavy duranium frame slowly pivots to an upright position like an inversion table on steroids. Grievous is aware of a lightheaded sensation as he finds himself in a vertical position outside of a bacta tank for the first time in what seems like an eternity. His eyes, freshly renewed with implants to correct the damage incurred, water profusely as though the cyborg is weeping as light and shapes take form and swim into his view. The experience is disorienting. Voices meeting his freshly-tuned audio receptors draw his focus to other things besides the frustration of adjusting to his restored vision.

[​IMG]

He identifies the first as Gunray and his restrained hands clench into fists. The sniveling Neomoidian never did set well with him. The next he remembers easily enough. Hill makes his blood boil too, but for additional reasons besides his cowardice behavior. Tambor’s question alone prods his anger. Is he all right? Hell, no! He hasn’t been all right since that blasted “accident” years ago. The nerve of some people and perhaps Grievous wouldn’t be so offended if these creatures actually cared about him, but they don’t. He knows they don’t. They don’t care about him any more than he cares about any of them. They see him as a tool; a weapon. Nothing more. They are of even less value to him.

“Whaaaat is thisss?” the General’s voice is the same as it had once been, but it is as though speech is a bit difficult for him at first. His watering eyes are narrowed and fixed on the display beyond those forming a semi-circle around him—the display readout of an unidentified space station. He pulls firmly against the restraints around his wrists, the metal groaning softly, but holding fast. “Release me!”

”P-patience, General,” Hill stammers, ”The restraints are meant to stabilize you, not—“

“I said release me!” Grievous snarls, almost regretting his outburst as it stirs a coughing fit that finally tapers off to ugly wheezing, “I do not have time for your lolly-coddling ways.”

”As you wish, sir,” Hill whimpers, depressing a button on the remote in his hand.

The shackles retract into the table, allowing Grievous to stand on his own. He sways unsteadily for a few heartbeats before taking a tentative step forward. The bystanding droids and Separatists aren’t sure what to do. Some instinctively move as though to help him steady himself, but then they think better of actually touching him. He likely would not appreciate the effort and how could any of them stop a three-hundred-fifty pound metal beast from falling down anyway? Fortunately, Grievous maintains his balance and doggedly moves toward the image of the space station rotating silently. He braces his clawed hands on the transmission table as he finally reaches it.

“What is this?” he demands again, squinting at the image in front of him.

”You are looking at the dawn of a new era, General,” San Hill replies cautiously, ”This...is why we need you.”

10. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jedi Council Chambers

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked at Master Windu and wondered how much of his old temper towards Padawan's speaking out of line was still there. Before he could find out he smiled as some of the old fire of Mace Windu returned. They missed a chance to teach a Padawan how short sighted her thinking was, but as far as Obi-Wan Kenobi was concerned, this was worth it. He did not always agree with the way Master Windu handled things, but he had to admit he had missed it. It reminded him of better days.

Obi-Wan Kenobi leaned back. There was not an ounce of hostility in his face. "May the force be with you." He simply proclaimed and waited for Master Zey to say his goodbyes before cutting of the connection.

Something was happening. He felt it. On Mimban and in the galaxy. There were things set into motion by someone. Obi-Wan Kenobi doubted that this was the Emperor or any of the Crime Syndicates. He felt it ran deeper, to a much darker place.

Therefore he stayed silent as the senior Master obviously enjoyed a rare outburst of activity. Instead he breathed in and extended his senses deep into the force while waiting for his two old friends to speak.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @BobaMatt, @TheSilentInfluence

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Madelyn nodded, feeling warm as she took the Masters words into effect. She wasn't trying to disrespect Master Zey and hoped he could feel that too, but she was concerned. I know what the Emoire does. What they did to Lothal. They do it to every planet we can't hold.

Taking a deep breath, Madeltn spoke again. "I'm sorry Master's." She apologized glancing over to Master Zey. "May the force also be with you." She turned her eyes to the floor, not wanting to look up. I just wanted to help.

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    Council Chamber, the Great Library, Ossus

The transmission flickered and died, like a flame in the wind, and with that the three Jedi were alone again. Mace passed his hand over his head - in the spaces between past and present he sometimes still found himself surprised to find his pate is no longer smooth and shorn but thickly woolen, tied back with a bit of errant string. He stood from the chair, heard his robes rustle. Such silence from his companions today! Master Yoda prodded at the stone floor with the tip of his cane. This floor had once been richly tiled with mosaic - Mace knew because he'd seen the floor, transported as it was from Ossus to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, now lost to the Jedi and in the hands of the Empire.

The sun bore down and made the blaster landscape of this world look bleak, but when Master Windu closed his eyes and felt the warmth and light on his face it was as if he could smell the moisture from trees.

Trees.

He lowered his gaze. Today had already been long. He'd drank his caf already - a tiny pleasure he allowed himself - and broken his fast on simple foods prepared by the Ysanna. The thought of centering himself by running sword routines in the desert made his fingers twitch, made the crystal in high lightsaber sing out to him. And that's why he wouldn't do it. Not today.

"I think I'll meditate in the courtyard,"
    he said. "Care to join me, Kenobi?"

But he was already walking out the door.

TAG: @Lawbreaker, @TheSilentInfluence

13. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jedi Council Chambers

Obi-Wan Kenobi raised his brows and turned to his slightly abscent Council Members. "Quite a briefing, I'd say." He dryly commented and tried to ban his dark thoughts from his mind. Mimban worried him and he hoped Master Zey and his Padawan would shed some light into the matter.

Master Windu implied to go to the garden to meditate. Obi-Wan Kenobi would have liked nothing better. The day was not yet over though. He had felt the sudden spike of attention in the force. "I am afraid we won't be given the luxury to meditate today. I feel a great anxiety spreading in the temple. I think something has happened. I feel surprise. You must have felt it, too." There was no fear though.

He smiled and slowly raised from his seat. "So maybe a walk? The communications center is nearby."

He looked at his two comrades and doubted Master Yoda would accept such an invitation. Master Windu would probably. He seemed restless today.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Galactic Senate, Coruscant

Aryan Graul had one thought: The dolt finally grew a pair.

It was no secret among Aryan’s staff that the Senator did not have a particularly favorable opinion of Emperor Mas Amedda. The Chagrain, for all of his experience, lacked the capacity to keep a complex regime like the Galactic Empire afloat; it made him appear weak. He often shied away from the issues, allowing his partisan beliefs to cultivate an environment that encouraged bickering and strife in an already factious assembly. The disputes had become so prevalent over the past few weeks, that many feared a government gridlock was imminent...if they hadn’t reached that point already.

Today’s session had started out with much of the same, but then Amedda had deviated from his usual routine to make a surprising announcement:

A peace accord.

The collective gasp that swept through the chamber in its wake felt like an icy chill that penetrated straight to the bone. But the silence didn’t last long. A deafening cacophony soon filled the void as senators and aides alike began to speak at once, eager to have their voices heard at this critical juncture. Chaos ensued.

For his part, Aryan merely sighed and sat forward with his hands pressed against his chin in contemplation, content to watch the pandemonium spread like a chronic illness across their ranks. Yes, the man had grown bold indeed...

While Aryan admired the audacity of such a move, especially since the Emperor had demonstrated more strength in this moment than he had throughout his entire tenure so far, it wasn’t a decisive victory. He couldn’t help but feel that the man had undermined him somehow, swooping in to claim the prize while he kicked the Senator and his proponents to the wayside. Judging by the obvious curse that reached his ears from the position directly behind him, his chief advisor – Sentan Moor – had come to the same conclusion.

The Senator now canted his head to regard Moor silently, his eyes narrowing marginally to let him know that this wasn’t the end. In fact, it was an opportunity...

The idea of an accordance that would merge the Empire back with the ailing Republic had been Aryan’s biggest talking point for the previous year. It had brought him both fame and respect from a myriad of outlets, including his constituents and peers. Not to mention, he had also accepted some generous donations from key contributors who had taken a special interest in his cause. In short, it had increased his influence within the known galaxy and quickly elevated him to celebrity status.

Did the Emperor now feel threatened by this? Was this a desperate attempt to regain favor with the people?

Or was it a trap for something far greater than himself?

Either way, Aryan remained poised in the perfect position to retain the glory; he could not hide behind baseless fears. He appreciated a good challenge, and it was now time to prove that he was serious about his promises and not just another talking head. His plan was about to come to fruition...even if it was on an accelerated schedule.

Straightening his posture, the Senator offered Moor a short nod before casting an errant glance to Chancellor Mothma. As expected, the woman’s expression remained impassive; she would not dare show her hand this early in the proceedings. This elicited a small smile to form on his lips as he prepared to address the assembly.

As Princess Organa finished her discourse, agreeing to host the summit on her home planet of Alderaan, Aryan flipped on his indicator light to show that he wished to speak. He then proceeded to maneuver his repulsorpod towards the center of the chamber.

“As Chairman of the Committee on Galactic Relations,” he began firmly as he stood against the control console and allowed his gaze to span across the crowd, “I feel obligated to acknowledge this motion and wish to offer our support in exploring this option further. For the past several months, our group has been working tirelessly to identify a solution to this very issue, and we are honored that you finally recognize the importance of our efforts, Your Excellency." Aryan inclined his head and angled a perceptive glance at the Emperor, a slight smirk turning up one corner of his mouth.

"Now is the time to get onboard with unification," he continued with gusto. "As we move forward with this task, I feel that it is only fair that a contingent of representatives from our committee be present to oversee the negotiations.”

TAG: @JediMasterAnne; @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Two old Jedi out for a stroll...
    Courtyard, the Great Library, Ossus
    (Written in conjunction with @Lawbreaker)

Master Windu stopped in his tracks. "Yes. A walk." He'd felt the Force stir but had been avoiding its call, avoided rushing. He briefly wondered if suppressing the way he leapt into action at the Force's indication had not been in the interest of balance, had actually slid too far in the opposite direction. He would meditate on this later. Meditation. He'd hoped to meditate in the courtyard. It brought him clarity, particularly around the old tree. He was not ignorant - analysis had confirmed the tree was a Neti (T'ra Saa had been ecstatic to learn this, rare as Neti were these days), and with the call of kyber crystals beneath it and the echoes in the Force, there was little doubt the tree was the ancient Jedi Ood Bnar, who had held off Exar Kun in this very building. There were some murmurings among the historians - Jocasta Nu was especially curious - about whether this was just legend, or whether even a tree could last so long with nothing to sustain it. But there it stood when they arrived at Ossus after so long gone. There was Master Bnar. But the meditation would wait. "A walk. Yes."

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled, nodded to Mater Yoda Who had stayed as silent as always today and slowly lead the way into the courtyard and towards communication center. A Padawan trying to report to him he stopped with a smile and a raised hand. He would learn these urgent news himself, once he arrived at Comm. For now he would focus on the time spend with his old friend.

Obi-Wan Kenobi took his time before he broke his silence. Old friends were like old wounds ... if you did not give them some attention from time to time you would be surprised what became of them.

"I feel you have become restless, old friend." He addressed the feeling the force was giving him directly. "What is on your mind that manages to unbalance you so much?" Folding his one hand into the other behind his back Obi-Wan looked at Master Windu as he expected an answer.

"I find myself drawn to the past, Obi-Wan. What would Master Qui-Gon think?" He smiled. "I think of the end of the war. I think of the start of the war, to finding young Skywalker, to testing him. I think of Haruun Kal. I think of the founding of this library, of the war that preceded it, of Exar Kun and Malachor and ancient Moraband. And farther and farther. I sense the disturbance, too, my friend. Don't worry about that. I'm still sharp as ever. But as I meditate on it, my mind wanders through history. I believe the Force is trying to reveal something to me."

Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled at the comment of his friend. "None of us is as sharp as we used to be, old friend." He gave him a smile, showing he obviously included himself among the ranks of those who became to old for this.

"But I know exactly what you mean. The past is calling through the force. For years, many years my own meditation lead me back to the years long gone. Not the ancient conflicts that plagues you, but the years I spend with Anakin. I am the Jedi who probably knows the Chosen One best. I was the Master of the Chosen One. What kind of man did he become? It left me in an endless string of meditation trying to answer ... or at least guess the nature of an answer ... of three questions. What could have been? What would have been? What should have been?" Obi-Wan Kenobi smiled to himself. "I never got near to anything I could call an answer. Which brought me to this point, Master Windu. I have a fear that terrifies me. A fear I cannot ignore." He breathed in. "What if our past is a trap? Insight the bait? The Order the prey? Have we become so defined by what happened 19 years ago that we cannot see anything in any different way, but through the prism of past regrets?" Obi-Wan Kenobi finally unfolded his hands behind his back and nodded. "Maybe you should look for your answers and maybe I should stop looking for mine. But maybe, just maybe we should let the Jedi Order find theirs."

He knew very well what he implied there and it was nothing but a sign of unlimited trust to reveal such thoughts to his fellow Jedi.

Master Windu ruminated on his old friend's words. Perhaps what they were after was not so different. "Perhaps our future lies in breaking ties with the past. Perhaps our work lies in deciphering what those ties are. Perhaps the darkness we sense on Mimban will - "

But as they came to the communication center, Windu stopped short. A large hologram of the Emperor's horned features dominated the room, a gaggle of Jedi surrounding it, watching.

"We shall consider a formal accord; a Treaty, perhaps. In one week We shall be conveyed to the Republic world of Alderaan and discuss terms, based upon the definition of borders, mutual trade agreements, and working towards a joint task force designed to defend against the depredations of the Separatists, but also to separate warring factions in the Neutral World’s. It is time to end this Galactic Cold War and return to the millennium of peace that the Clone Wars and Jedi Rebellion ended.’"

Mace gritted his jaw. "I believe this is the source of one disturbance, don't you agree? We must keep an eye on this." He turned to his companion. "How long has it been since your last visit to Alderaan?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Qi’ra
    Near Mimban

Qi’ra was… comfortable. Well, mostly. If she were being honest with herself. And she couldn’t afford to be in denial of her current position or status, nor of the constant responsibility and pressure that fell squarely upon her shoulders – a chaos she actually found herself enjoying more as time moved on.

Lazily switching her attentions between the in-the flesh Arb and the holographic Zekka, she adopted a characteristic smirk as she next swept her sharp gaze across the display that was laid out between the three of them. All the ships and the several factions they served, five of which would be under the control of Crimson Dawn soon enough.

She was not the highest lieutenant, the face of Dawn for nothing; Qi’ra was cunning, crafty, and incredibly persuasive. Thanks to her upbringing, she could be ruthless – albeit not without regret at times – and the leader only fine-tuned these qualities in her over the past near-decade. She was a razor-sharp tool now.

“Don’t,” was all she said in acknowledgment of Arb’s words. It was a dig, a push to get her to react, but she knew those types of games all too well. It wouldn’t work. “Let us wait just a bit longer, boys. See how this plays out while we hang back, for now....”

She paused, placing her hands on the edge of the table display and leaning closer, eyes narrowing at the changing read outs and holos of the traffic around Mimban. She thought she had seen…

There.

Impossible. And yet, not at all.

Her expression softened as she stared at a small image of a ship she had known intimately for a short time. Long ago. With a man she had since boxed up and stowed away from her heart and mind. It stirred unwanted feelings and deeply buried memories, her face tightening as she pushed them back down where they belonged.

The Millenium Falcon. In the middle of things once again, though to Qi'ra now, it made little difference.

She had work to do.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Padme Amidala Skywalker
    Naboo, Theed Palace

Her handmaiden maintaining a neutral expression in the Senate on her behalf, Padme turned to her husband, who appeared on cue, which was always a welcome sight. She smiled, thinly, happy but tense, embracing the man who had undone a galaxy for just her. It was hard not to feel guilty, somedays, that she was allowed to be so happy when half the galaxy screamed under the weight of oppression, and the other half had lived in fear of what tomorrow would bring for nearly two decades. The other aides and handmaidens were quiet, excusing themselves, save for Sabe, who remained her stand-in.

Serenity tugged at her joy, and Padme finally released him at the sound of Panaka escorting the children to her. Not so much children as nearly adults now, Luke and Leia were older now when Padme had been Queen and led the Battle of Naboo, and old as Anakin had been at the Battle of Geonosis. Tense lives, but not ones where they had been in peril for years at a time. An unhappy middle ground - the soft grinding despair of a Cold War.

Padme set her teeth. Enough. She can’t have been that rattled. ‘Mas Amedda has just offered a peace treaty with the Republic, to be negotiated on Alderaan.’ She paused, but pressed on. ‘I have to be there.’

Panaka started immediately. ‘I would not recommend you personally going, Senator. It could be a trap, for all we know.‘

Padme cut back at him. ‘Mon and Ackbar will have enough ships in-system to make sure the Empire does not play up. Our cruisers still beat their Star Destroyers, and they’re spread thin trying to keep the peace. That’s not even taking into account that Alderaan has one of the most up-to-date planetary shields in the Core - it has since the Clone Wars. It’s the safest place in the Republic, if we wanted it to be.’

Panaka hissed. ‘And what of assassins? Of Inquisitors and Hands? They won’t care about shields and defence grids.’

‘Obviously we’ll need a Jedi presence to make sure the Dark Jedi behave.’ Padme stopped. She realised that she was referring to the official Jedi presence, not the three Force users here.

Padme’s hesitation, she feared, would be filled with the protestations of her husband or daughter to go to Alderaan with her, or, more worrisome, for no mother could miss the edge to her son - the demands of Luke to go, to not be sidelined any longer, the angry determination that he was ready.

She looked at Anakin, and could almost here his words. They don’t trust me. Obi-Wan is holding me back. Her mind began to search for an outlet for her son, anything she could keep him busy with that she had not tried already.

‘My Lady, after some very welcoming discourse from Senator Graul of Nubia, the Emperor has ended the session. The Grand Vizier is sending over data now about the proposals.’ Threepio, surprisingly quiet for him, chimed in with confirmation of receipt.

[​IMG]

When Padme and the others had finished their discussion - or debate, depending how it went - the data would reveal Mas Amedda’s proposals; to meet the hundred Republic Senators on Alderaan with a hundred of his own Imperial Senators, to provide a parity of debate, before no more than five Senators or ministers were selected from each side to discuss the matter privately with the Emperor and Chancellor, Mon Mothma. All meetings would be in person as a sign of trust, and regardless of however many assets were deployed in orbit, neither the Empire or Republic would be allowed to bring weapons to the summit.

Such data was also passed to the full Imperial Senate, to Aryan Graul, to Feyna Organa, who would have the ultimate question levelled at them; who would be chosen by the Emperor? Who was the most loyal?

—-
    Alderaan

For Feyna, her words were met with Mas Amedda looking to her pod. ‘The Imperial Senate agrees, and details shall be sent. Your delegation may discuss it, Senator Organa’. As the session was closed up, Bail looked generally flabbergasted. He went to stand. ‘I will need to speak to Mon, and Padme, and Garm -‘

‘Husband of mine,’ came the voice of Breha Organa, Queen of Alderaan, sweeping into the chamber. ‘I came as soon as I heard.’ She took Bail’s hands, meeting his eyes. ‘What we need to first do is ask; is this safe for Alderaan? Is this best for our people?’

[​IMG]

‘And you, my dear, are not our Senator any longer. You are merely the Prince Consort, if our daughters performance is any indication.’ Her smile grew teasing, and she fluttered her hand to everyone else - the rest of the room emptied, leaving the three of them together. ‘I would hear the opinion of our Senator.’

‘Daughter, what is your view?’ All three of them knew that Bail was loosely responsible for the Rebels that ran amok in Imperial territory, secretly supporting them, while publicly working with the Republic to rebuild a robust and strong democracy. Part of the reason for Bail stepping down was his increasing involvement with the Rebels, though they had recently taken massive losses at Atollon, and their three rogue Jedi allies had been lost recently.

‘Is this the best way forward tor Alderaan?’ Breha had gone to pains to stress to Feyna that her first responsibility was to Alderaan, even if the interests of the Republic usually ran parallel.

—-
    Coruscant

Sentan Moor joined the light applause. Emperor Amedda paused, but did not respond to Aryan, opting to sit down and send the Podium down into the depths of the Senate. The session was done.

Sentan stepped forward, whispering. ‘Well played, sir, we have the Emperor’s edict, and several Imperial Senators have already requested to be among the hundred that go to Alderaan to meet the Republic Senate.’ The side passed over the data of the proposal. ‘Five days isn’t long, sir, but you’ve essentially stepped between the Senate and the Emperor for the purposes of the peace accords.’

Sentan was almost breathless, ecstatic, even. ‘I’m going to have to hire staff to handle all of this, I’ll get on the requisition request now.’ He was rushing through data commands. ‘I’m sure I’ll have a communique from the government back home, but I’ll make sure they know their interests are fully represented... and I’ll also invite the Committee to review the hundred short list you draw up.’

As he spoke, he lowered the Senate pod to their portion of the chamber. As a senior Senator, they had a full apartment rather than a simple office, and there had been ample such apartments available after the Jedi Rebellion. That being said, it was a true show of Aryan’s prominence that he had one of the fifty suites. Within moments, Sentan was bustling through the apartment, rushing past the closed room doors - save for his own, which was open, though filled with paperwork as Sentan rarely slept over as a mere aide, or rather, he liked to lord over the lesser aides in the side apartments to the Senate and the former House Republica, now Empire House - and he was still thinking when he reached the entrance to the apartment, before stopping. ‘I’ll leave you to make contact with the Republic contingent, Senator, and I’ll screen all your messages until you’re ready.’ A knowing smile to his eyes, and Sentan was gone.

One of those room doors opened, and Mon Mothma appeared, the holoproj still spooling down from today’s transmission. Only the keenest of eyes would note how her hologram had been sharper than those communing from, say, Naboo or Alderaan. This was the reason why.

[​IMG]

A thought rise, unbidden, softly making it’s way into Aryan’s mind; She did look so beautiful when she smiled.

She was definitely smiling right now.

‘Aryan,’ she breathed, almost wordless.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @JedMasterAnne, @HanSolo29
    —-
    Rendezvous point, Mimban

Bib Fortuna smiled back at Han. Chewbacca, for his part, felt the proverbial bad feeling arise. ‘Done.’

The Wookiee narrowed his eyes and growled a question about why. Bib ignored him and pressed on. ‘The supplies are ready to be loaded to you.’ He looked of screen, and babbled something in a different dialect of Huttese. An obese laugh followed. ‘The supply freighter is a micro-jump away. Half the payment has been sent to your account, as requested. Do not fail his Excellency, Captain Solo.’

The channel cut and sensors chimed, confirming the arrival of the freighter. Chewbacca expressed his opinion of matters; they’d just been played. The cargo was not just going to be guns. Detonators? Maybe chemical weapons? Chewbacca snarled to himself more than Han.

A Rodian came across the comlink, warbling in his own language. [One passenger coming across. Please cycle the airlock and prepare for the boarding tube.]

Chewbacca’s eyes widened. A docking tube? Not a cargo transfer? He slapped a paw on the console and checked the sensors. One sentient. The Wookiee looked to Han, and whined a query. All of a sudden, the Falcon’s brain decided to enable the docking ship, or perhaps the other freighter simply overrode the airlock.

Here was a clatter of armour as the sole passenger arrived. A familiar clatter. Chewbacca glanced at the airlock camera.

Boba Fett was here.

[​IMG]

Aboard the Mandalorian carrier, Ven raised his gloved hands to Ka’rta. ‘We know it stinks. That’s what we need insurance for; your little freighter. The carrier is a write off; its costing more than its bringing in. So we were thinking that we could offer you a larger share and board your freighter when we ram the carrier into the nearest Imp capital ship. Use it as our platform for the mission.’

Goran eyed them. He’d never agreed to that. Van wagged a finger at the younger Mandalorian, silencing him, and then spoke up. ‘We have our orders to scoop up a few Coway as we leave, and redeploy one of their fighting clans to another part of the continent. We can’t really do that with a carrier and out fighters, can we now?’

‘Does that seem a bit more, y’know, reasonable?’ Ven placed a lot of stress on the last word. A dangerous stress. He was implying violence, clearly.

‘Udesii.’ Goran opted to break the impasse. ‘I suggested you, Ka’rta.’ He walked her away from them, lowering his voice. ‘You’re separated from the clans; you need a new family, even if your parents were declared dar’manda.’ Ven and Van stared at them; uncaring. He looked hesitant and spoke on. ‘I, eh, heard about your parents from Owen and Jerrod. They were friends with my parents - Republic Special Force’s and the Mandalorians ran close circles during the war.’

He referenced the Clone Wars as ‘the war’, though for many Mandalorians it was all one long, long war, since Tor Vizsla fought Jaster Mereel. But Goran was also being pretty presumptuous, and he himself had only been involved with the twins for a cycle. What drove them, he could not say, save for creds, and that did not always sit well with Goran.

‘Ori'haat,’ he said, looking both sincere and earnest at the same time, if at all possible.

Aboard the Chimaera, the droid responded in a lightning fast manner, blocking each of the thrown blow; it turned the last into a pivot point, catching the blow on the outside of its blade, pushing the weapon away from Horus, and inverting its arms to turn the blade point upon Horus and stab forward at the Inquisitor.

Jerec watched, carnivorous and uncaring at the same time. He saw Horus as an asset; nothing more, and nothing less. A figure detached from the shadows of the room, and Jerec, his face still turned to watch Horus survive - or die - spoke softly.

‘Hand Sheyvan, I see.’ The man, clad in black, bowed. ‘Grand Inquisitor Jerec. Sa Cuis sends his regards.’ At this Jerec did sneer. The master of the Hands would do anything but that. ‘I am sure,’ Jerec said, neutrally. ‘Inquisitor Horus will pass the test. The mission will remain mine.’

Sheyvan turned from the hologram to the fight. ‘We shall see.’

The Underlord signed off, leaving Pascale to his scans. Information about Pre-War Mimban was rarely scarce, but the Underlord managed to supply a projection of the war and frontlines to date from an Imperial contact, marrying up further data from a Crimson Dawn run some years ago, which a smuggler named Tobias Beckett had handed out to the community not long before he had himself been killed during a much advertised double-cross attempt.

The former would be more useful; it showed how the Empire had triangulated four or five separate Coway tribes pushing at the Imperials over war, following back each to a central rendezvous point. Other pushes had been triangulated elsewhere, but nothing had been found. However, looking at that objectively showed that the Coway tribes were actively avoiding launching attacks from a specific locale.

The comm chimed, however. It was the YT-2400 pilot. It was a green-skinned Twi’lek female, her face concealed behind a flight mask. ‘We hear from the Underlord that you might have enough clout to sneak through to Mimban?’

There was the musical blat of an astromech in the background. Derision?

‘We were thinking - if we launch slightly before the others, and are talking to the Imps before, with me as your bodyguard ship, then when the actual attack starts we can use the confusion to head to the surface.’ She paused, shushing the droid offscreen, and talking to it as much as Pascale. ‘Easier than running their guns head-on...’

Pyke corvette, secret room

Argilan Zey allowed himself a short sigh as the Council signed off. ‘We are not heroes, Padawan.’ He turned to Madelyn Linnett. ‘We seek not to decide who is good and evil, but to stand in the way of violence. When we fall short, we are required to kill to end that violence, but that should never be our first choice.’

He paused. ‘That is how we were drawn into Order 66; by thinking we were the heroes and fighting a war to save the galaxy. We should have never fought at all; we should have pursued the true enemies of peace - corruption, murderers, the architects of genocide. If we had, we might have pursued Dooku, Grievous and even Palpatine with our full focus, not merely with what we could spare as we sought to hold back the ‘enemy.’’

Another sigh. ‘But you did well to speak for yourself, Linnett.’ Packing up the holoproj, Zey indicated their disguises, which would make them Arg and Mad, and make them appear as if he them was bereft an eye, thus a droid replacement, and add a wig to her ensemble. He placed the insert in his left eye and winced; Zey hated contacts, but now his eye would have a red glow to it.

He checked his lightsaber, which was hid as a blaster, an aside of subterfuge that the Jedi Order had picked up from one Ezra Bridger, a rogue Jedi Padawan who had recently been lost during the liberation of Lothal. Madelyn’s was similarly modified for the purposes of the mission.

[​IMG]

While they were redressing, Zey fully expected his Padawan to need to speak more. But they would need to get going soon.

As he thought that, his comlink buzzed, a guttural voice squeaking across. ‘Hangar bay, Arg. The Director is about to arrive. All crew are expected to be present.’

‘And there we are,’ Zey said, snapping off the comlink.

Farther out

Arb looked relatively fearful, and then deflated as Qi’ra opted to hold position. In that, Zekka initially grinned as his rival was put in his place, and then his mismatched eyes narrowed as he looked at Qi’ra, trying to find her angle, following her eyes -

‘Oh yeah, I forgot to say. I suggested to the Hutts that unless they put their fastest, and best pilot on this run, they’d likely screw it up. Might even have played some creds around of my own.’ The hologram of Zekka glittered, as did his smile. ‘It seemed like a good enough opportunity to deal with Solo once and for all. Wouldn’t want those rumours about who helped Beckett to raid Kessel to get a life of their own, would it? Can’t have anyone swindle Crimson Dawn live, can we?

Arb looked confused. ‘Who is Solo?’ So; Zekka had worked out Arb’s plan, added to it, and was using it to hedge his bets against Qi’ra. Thus he had attended by hologram, and leaving only Arb to feel her wrath in person. ‘Is he someone that you wanted to kill personally. I mean, we can go in person but it might get messier.’

Zekka’s grin became a smirk. ‘What a good idea, Arb.’

TAG: @galactic_vagabond422, @RachelTyrell, @MASTER Vo’Un’Var, @Jerjerrod Lennox, @QueenSabe7, @TheSilentInfluence
    —-
    IC: Grandmaster Yoda
    Ossus, Grand Jedi Library, Council chamber, and then, the communications room

Yoda had let them go, but had gone on his own, too, slower, arriving as the words of the Emperor ended. The Force told him to be there, and so he was. If the arrival of Mace and Obi-Wan was not sufficient enough, Yoda coming too sent the Jedi tech, Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy, or, more accurately "Scout", by her nickname, to become all the more anxious that her reaction in the Force had lit up the Temple. She’d only just convinced Whie and the others to leave before someone noticed -

[​IMG]

‘Come to you, the Council has.’ Scout had only recently been Knighted, and it showed. Such a Knighthood was contrary to the original decision to send her to the AgCorps after a brief frontline aside to Vjun, where her master had died at the hands of then-Sith hopeful Asajj Ventress.

‘Council Masters,’ she moved from behind one of the newer consoles, and skidded to a stop. Then she remembered to bow, her hair sweeping forward. Scout just as swiftly stood upright, all too stiff.

Yoda smiled lightly. ‘Calm yourself, and show us what has occurred during the rest of the Senate session, you can.’ He eyed Mace and Obi-Wan to remain silent; Mace had been particularly harsh on Scout in the past, even signing off her removal to look after plantations on Bandomeer. It was only thanks to her surviving Order 66 that she had been reconsidered for Knighthood, what with their numbers so very depleted. Strangely enough, Mandalorians had given her and another Jedi, the wandering Kaminoan Kina Ha, refuge and through circuitous means she had rejoined them on Ossus.

The video continued; the chamber had erupted into discussion. The acting-Senator of Alderaan, young Feyna Organa, accepted the proposal for discussion on behalf of the Republic, and then Senator Aryan Graul of Nubia began taking control of the committee element. Yoda’s eyes narrowed; he was not fond of Aryan, and found him to be perfidious. Too sleek, too shallow, and not enough stillness, or depth, to him. Unlike Padme, or Mon, or Bail.

Unlike Palpatine.

Yoda hissed slightly, to himself. ‘Thank you. Discuss this now, the Council will.’ Scout excused herself, moving all together too fast but at least she held herself with a little more aplomb.

After nineteen years of the galaxy standing still, standing on the edge, perhaps the time for movement had come. Yoda looked to the others.

Obi-Wan had already turned to Mace, spoke. Yoda rapped his cane, drawing attention to himself. ‘A greater question is, should we be involved? We counsel our Padawans of the need to stay away from entanglements, and then leap to the discussion of going to Alderaan now?’ An unhappy grimace. ‘Do we forget Mimban, and its woes, or do we use this,’ he pointed his cane at the frozen hologram of Aryan Graul. ‘To end the suffering there, too? Does the Council act for all, or to fix our mistakes? Hmmmm?’

TAG: @BobaMatt, @Lawbreaker

The Ultimate Weapon

The words of Grevious echoed through the chamber as Nute Gunray strode, part hesitant, part manufactured confidence, to the display. ‘It is where we stand, my Lord. Aboard the Ultimate Weapon, the design of which Count Dooku presented to the Council before the first Battle of Geonosis.’

Poggle the Lesser clacked forward, his words a series of clicks, interspersed with the clacks of his cane. [The Republic was the source of the plans, and they were building the weapon at Geonosis with the help of my drones. I did so on Count Dooku’s orders.]

‘He directed us to keep it secret from you, General,’ came Passel Argente, hand to his cranial horn in a typical display of Koorivar worry. ‘But we managed to secure Geonosis when the Empire abandoned the Outer Rim Sieges.’

‘Even with incomplete schematics,’ crooned Wat Tambor, seemingly taking credit by his tone of voice, ‘we were able to continue the project, even as we slowly rebuilt the fleet and army.’

‘Though the Empire still outguns us by an unfavourable margin,’ noted the Tactical droid. ‘Even with much of our respective energies focused on holding onto world’s that no longer wish to be held by the Separatist Alliance or Empire.’

‘Yes, yes,’ fluttered the hand of Nute, chasing the droid into silence. ‘But we have the Weapon. It is not yet complete; we were hoping to present it to you as an... apology, a healing moment between the Separatist Council and the late General Grievous. We, ah, have had our fallings out, after all, which Count Dooku arbitrated -‘

San cut across, conscious that this endless update was about to prove irritating - show, not tell, was as useful a corporate tool as an information upload. ‘But it is not yet finished. We have been unable to secure a large enough Kyber Crystal to act as the focal point of the main weapon; a superlaser, capable of cracking worlds. Once installed, we can place the focusing disc, make the station vacuum-tight, and deploy the Weapon... subject to a final delivery of actuating gas for the thousands of turbolasers from Bespin, a sizeable chunk of the new Droid Army from Geonosis, a supply deployment from Murkhana, a starfighter Wing from Sluis Van... and so forth.’

‘We have an action in place to secure the Crystal, if the Coway legends on Mimban are true,’ sniffed Tikkes, who had been silent until now. His face-tentacles were slow to move, implying caution beneath his uncaring facade.

‘Which they are, if the Coway resistance to the Empire for twenty years has been any indication,’ replied Wat, sternly. ‘All we need know is the location, and we can send a small force to Mimban to take the Crystal, be it from the Coway themselves or from our Black Sun or Mandalorian agents -‘

‘- and for that, my friend,’ stepped forward San, drawing himself to his height. ‘We need to sneak the maximum amount of shock, awe and power into the smallest deployment that we can assemble.’

Nute also stepped forward, though anyone’s olfactory senses would pick up his fear.

‘And for that, we need General Grievous.’

A collective sigh seemed to escape the Council. Their presentation, nineteen years in the making, was finally over. Now it was entirely in his cold, duranium hands.

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/b]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  18. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'tra
    Smuggler rendezvous near Mimban

Behind her faceplate Ka'tra soured. If that was the plan all along Ven should have mentioned it when he was giving was the mission briefing not save it for the questions after. Did he not think it was relevant, important to mention the vital role, and increased pay that would be involved with her part in the mission.

"Does that seem a bit more, y’know, reasonable?" Ven continued a deadly edge to his voice.

Ka'tra's hands shifted on her belt moving closer to her blasters, ready to defend herself if something were to start. She wasn't going to kick it off but, she wouldn't just lay down and die. She'd come too far to do that.

"Udesii." Goran called for calm Ka'tra didn't move her hands away from her weapons, she didn't move them closer either. "I suggested you, Ka’rta." As he walked away her gaze shifted only slightly to follow him, keeping Ven in her peripheral vision. "You’re separated from the clans; you need a new family, even if your parents were declared dar’manda." Her chin lowered her breathing deepened with rage hearing his words. Did he think that now that they were all cast to the stellar winds that they were the same that they had to band together. "I, eh, heard about your parents from Owen and Jerrod. They were friends with my parents - Republic Special Force’s and the Mandalorians ran close circles during the war."

"Don't you dare, di'kut." She chastised the younger warrior. "Don't think that now that we all are separated from our home that you are like me, that you and I are the same. Your parents were accepted, your house wasn't taken away from you by those you called family. Your home has turned your back on you you're looking for somewhere to belong again...let me tell you. It is not with me. I have a family." She slapped her left shoulder where her family crest was, "You had your chance to keep me in the warm embrace of the Manda. You rejected my kind. I am working with you for one reason and one reason only…" she reached into a pouch on her belt pulling out a single credit. "This." she held it up to his helmet, so he could see the light glinting off the metal. "This is what I am looking for, this is what I'm risking my life for, not a family not a clan...This, the almighty credit, that is all that matters to me. So stow your talk of family and coming together. We're here to make credits killing others, and keeping this war going. I don't care if you know my friends, I don't care if you accept me, I don't care if you suggested me." She took a step forward nearly coming chest to chest with him. "And don't you ever mention my parents again."

Her peace said she turned around and walked up the ramp into her ship. It was about to get a lot more cramped in there.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Padawan Madelyn Linnett
    Pyke corvette, secret room

Madelyn listened carefully to her Master, nodding to acknowledge what he was saying after he turned to face her. "Yes Master Zey." She replied with a small smile as he praised her. She had never heard that from a Jedi Master before. He sounds almost proud of me. She thought, before donning her wig, it gave her short messy black hair as opposed to her blond hair.

"I know Jedi aren't supposed to be heroes Master, but shouldn't we defend those who cannot?" Madelyn asked quickly, knowing they didn't have much time. The Coway are strong, but the Empire's weapons are stronger."I just feel bad knowing what could happen to them." Madelyn added gently as she thought of all the younglings she had defended against bullies. No matter how much the Master's scolded me I know I did the right thing.

It was then that she took in the new lightsaber-blaster. That looks like Ezra Bridger's. "It's just like Ezra Bridger's." Madelyn blurted out enthusiastically. "Master, he helped save Lothal!" She felt elated and turned to the droid. "Isn't this great-" Madelyn stopped suddenly when she heard the comm communications. She looked up at Master Zey and nodded, smoothing down her new outfit, dark pants, a long beige shirt that hung over her belt and a blue and white jacket. I look like a smuggler. Madelyn thought, as she waited for her Master to lead the way.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 @RachelTyrell @Master Vo'Un'Var @Jerjerrod-Lennox @QueenSabe7

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    Communications Center, Great Library, Ossus

Mace Windu bit down hard on a bit of frustration. Even now, in his seventies, being reprimanded by Master Yoda made him feel like a Padawan. He blew the hot anger out of his nose. "Respectfully, Grand Master, we have not forgotten Mimban." He crouched low to be eye to eye with the wizened leader, ignoring the popping sounds of his protesting knees. "Master Kenobi's compromise was suitable, and I approved it. We cannot jeopardize the work we've done with the Pykes, but allowing Master Zey and young learner Linnett - " (There it was! Her name!) " - to investigate the source of the disturbance surrounding Mimban kills two womprats with one blast. It is, in fact, the only way to make sure we're helping the Coway rather than hurting them. Our only option can't be to charge into battle on their side?

"Similarly, I don't recommend any Jedi arrive on Alderaan with their lightsabers ablaze, but perhaps..." And here he made meaningful eye contact with Master Kenobi, "...perhaps our old friend Ben has business in the system?"

His knees trembling, Mace decided it would be better to sit on the floor, legs crossed. Surely this made sense. Surely this had demonstrated to Master Yoda that he was operating with wisdom and not out of self interest. Master Windu only hoped he could be as sure of himself as he hoped he'd made Yoda.

TAG: @Lawbreaker, @Sinrebirth

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Royal Palace, Naboo

Panaka was as mindful as always, but he thought not in a big enough scale. This would not necessary be about Padme. It could be about all of them.

"They will have the entire Republic elite there. They won't attack one by one, they will try to get all of them. I am more concerned about bombs or planetary attacks. Something even Jedi are not always able to fight back. We will need an experienced and able Jedi Master to protect the delegates." Obi-Wan Kenobi. He thought of his old Master. "Also the Emperor sets the rules, we should set our own. Why the many Senators? I think we should consider changing some of the demands to minimize the risks." He sighed and looked at his son. Leia was naturally gifted in the art of diplomacy. But their son? He would have his own ideas. There was a lot of his father in him. He remembered how restless he was back then. How much he challenged every decision he felt that it held him back. But maybe peace would be a good thing for Luke.

"Luke, I will need your help. Naboo will be exposed while Alderaan happens. It is entirely possible the planets without leaders are the true target." He sighed. "I will hand the protection of the planet into your hands. If you feel you are ready." Responsibility is what Luke wanted, Anakin had just offered it to his son.

"You Leia might be helpful when the negotiations begin." Anakin looked at Padme, signaling his wish for her to approve. "Intuition of one strong in the force can be an invaluable resource." He explained his decision.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @LordTroepfchen

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia with her family, Palace on Naboo

Leia watched Luke closely. He was eager to be in the midst of the action and their father knew this, and gave him a tantalizing offer, since they could sense Padme was undecided which of her children to take or leave behind.

"You Leia might be helpful when the negotiations begin. Intuition of one strong in the force can be an invaluable resource."

Leia nodded gratefully. "Yes, Mother. I would be very grateful for the chance to accompany you."

@DarkLordoftheFins ; @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jedi Communication Center

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked at Mace Windu and sighed. He felt his anger about Yoda's implied accusation and also the moment of weakness that made him sit down. Master Windu felt obviously assaulted by Yoda's words. Obi-Wan Kenobi felt no such thing. He did not feel doubt and simply tried to see the will of the force. He tried to understand the best path. Yoda and his questions aimed at the same thing. The approval of the Jedi's Grandmaster was nothing he was concerned about. The unclarity he felt threatened by.

Peace was something the Jedi could hardly ignore. Padme would be there and that meant Anakin would be there. Maybe even Luke and Leia.

His urge was to join his former apprentice and fight for peace side by side with him, like in old times. But would he be needed? Obi-Wan knew what Anakin was capable of. Even if every Inquisitor showed up to murder Padme ... he expected that the Empire would have a lot less Inquisitors at the end of the day. But was Anakin mindful enough? Would Anakin see the danger they did not expect?

He decided to add not a word to Master Windu's words on Mimban.

"The mistakes of the past have been made and can never be undone." Obi-Wan Kenobi finally sighed, feeling his fears had been confirmed anew by hearing the Grand Master talk like this. "We must not let them define our future." He breathed in after these surprisingly clear words.

"But we cannot let the Republic fail and we cannot ignore a chance for peace, also we should be mindful this peace might enslave billions to the will of the Emperor."

Folding his hands he looked down. "If the Republic calls for us, we should be ready to respond. Master Yoda, I believe the Grand Master of the Jedi Order should personally be present at the meeting on Alderaan. He should be in the company of the Orders greatest warriors and most insightful Jedi Masters. I think of Rahm Kota, Bultar Swan, K'Kruhk." He sighed. "If we are not called upon, I think Master Windu might be right. I might test some suitable Jedi candidates in the region at the time of the meeting." A gentle smile played around his lips. "I do not possess your ability to read the force, Master Yoda. But my relationship to Padme and Anakin might grant me access to the meeting, even if the Republic denies it."

24. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Palace on Naboo

Luke looked at his father and nodded. His thoughts were elsewhere and he closely guarded them from his family.

Alderaan was pretty obviously a trap. A foolish trap, actually. What a fateful circumstance not five or ten or maybe fifty Senators were needed, no ... all of them had to be there! And of course they had to come with no weapons. To a world that was easily accessed by imperial forces. It was really everything a set up. The whole trap had one disadvantage though. One problem the Empire did not see. His father did not see it either. Nobody did.

The bait. The Emperor would have to be there, too. And while everyone was so worried about Inquisitors and Hands and such things, nobody had yet realized the simple truth: The Emperor and his underlings would not be the most dangerous people in the room. The Jedi would be. Bound by their codex, but that made no difference when it came to the simple fact. If Master Kenobi, Yoda or even his father would decide to end the Emperor, who would stop them? Jerec?

Luke frowned, making sure his thoughts were kept shielded from his family. The thought seemed too important, too relevant to share it with anyone yet.

"Yes, I am ready. Rest assured no harm will come to Naboo on my watch. Not if I can stop it." Smiling at his mother he padded his sisters shoulder.

"Looks like you get your first day in the field even before I do, hm?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarkLordoftheFins

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia on Naboo, In Palace

"Looks like you get your first day in the field even before I do, hm?" Luke said with a jocular tone.

Leia answered thoughtfully. "Perhaps we will each be tested to show our true level of resourcefulness under ... fire."
    She frowned. Luke's air of satisfaction was tinged with something ... else. Did he sense something? If it posed a danger to any of their family, he really needed to spill it.

She wouldn't be the one to push it, however. He'd just deny it if she asked. She glanced at their father. Perhaps he could "coax" the matter into the open?

@DarkLordoftheFins ; @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Sinrebirth likes this.