main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: Episode IV: Twilight of the Force: A Father’s Legacy - Game is now OVER!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 20, 2018.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Private Senatorial Apartment, 500 Republica, Coruscant

The outer chamber grew silent, the distinctive sounds of the ongoing scuffle soon fading away until there was nothing except for the occasional scream and the steady pulse of retreating footsteps on the polished floor. Aryan, who had escaped to the far side of the safe room to pace its length with restless energy, paused to press himself against the wall and breathe an audible sigh. While he had every right to remain wary after such an explosive scene, he told himself that the threat had likely been neutralized by Imperial forces and that the worst had passed. He was safe once again.

To echo these sentiments, the comm on his lapel crackled to life with Lyz’s tentative analysis that things had indeed returned to normal. But before she could finish, Arek promptly interrupted with an eager inquiry of his own, asking after his father’s wellbeing. Aryan could hear the doubt in the boy’s voice, and he had to smirk at his keen eye. Despite his innocence, it was his son who continued to harbor that seed of doubt.

And in this case, his intuition served him well.

As Aryan unclipped the comlink and brought it back to his lips to respond to Arek, he heard a sweet, lilting voice calling to him from beyond the reinforced walls, taunting him with its brashness. The Senator recognized that voice instantly, and he felt his jaw muscles tense under the weight of that revelation. In his opposite hand, his fingers instinctively tightened around the grip of the blaster – the former aide, his attacker, had survived.

To make matters worse, the comlink decided to vibrate in that moment to inform him of two incoming calls. One from Sentan Moore – so, the man hadn’t perished after all – and the other from...the Chancellor.

Mon.

Aryan’s lips parted as his heart leapt unwillingly into his throat, momentarily shaking him into stunned silence. The Chancellor’s bid for attention essentially left him vulnerable, poised to wrangle with two opposing goals...two very different lives. His body and emotions were pulling him one way, but his mind was attuned to a very different path, a more practical path; success. In the end, it was the stronger of the two.

And so, he felt himself succumbing to the temptation, his head falling back against the wall as he closed his eyes with grudging acceptance. For what he was about to do, he could only hope that Arek had not heard the aide’s tantalizing remark. He could not afford to alert the boy to the tangible danger that still existed.

“Yes, it’s alright,” Aryan answered surely, his voice surprisingly strong and firm. “I’m fine, Arek. Your mother’s right...it’s all over. I’ll be in touch once I give my statement to the authorities and everything is cleaned up here, okay? At most, I’ll be home late tonight. And hey, I also hear the Infuriated Savages are in town for a four-game stretch this cycle...maybe we can catch a game before I head out to Alderaan.”

He might have been content to leave the conversation on a high note, but a stirring in the pit of his stomach convinced him to carry on. “And Lyz,” he drawled after a slight pause, almost as an afterthought, “remember what I said, alright? I lo--I’ll see you soon.” It was a subtle warning that things were still very much uncertain on his end; the incident was far from ‘over.’

Bowing his head, Aryan quickly cut the connection before Lyz could press him further about the details. Besides, at this point, his mind was already wandering off in anticipation of his next caller. With an easy flip of his thumb, he established a secure connection to Chancellor Mothma.

“Mon,” he breathed quietly, his eyes straying back to the main door of the safe room, almost as if he expected the aide to come bursting through at any moment. “Please tell me you’re safe.”

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @QueenSabe7

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    QueenSabe7 and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Royal Palace, Aldera, Alderaan

She missed.

Her shot glanced past Lok’s head, close enough probably to singe hairs, but missed just the same.

But before Lok had time to respond to her attack, Feyna heard a sound like a starship engine above them, followed by the firing of a laser cannon. She quickly covered her head with her arms as debris showered down from the ceiling, and Anakin Skywalker literally dropped in, landing between Lok and Bail.

Feyna had never been more relieved to see anyone in her life, and couldn’t help glaring at Lok with a now-you’re-in-trouble smirk. As Anakin challenged the Dark Jedi, Feyna grabbed her blaster and another of the fallen Deathtroopers’ weapons and scambled over to her father.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins @Sinrebirth

3. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Millennium Falcon

Han rolled his eyes and put down his hydro spanner. "A what?" He asked Chewie through intercom. Chewbacca growled. "Pal, that sounds like some Wookiee legend to me. And not a very good one ... listen, we can power up our guns. Anything that is made of flesh and blood ..." Chewie growled again. "He did what?" Chewie confirmed Han had heard right. "Then call him and tell him to come back and we blast this thing with our guns to ..." Again Chewbacca did not let him finish his sentence. "Of course the rock blocks the signal."

Han sighed and let the spanner drop. "I am with you in a second, lock down the Falcon will ya?"

He made a short detour to the weapon locker and took out the EL-16 rifle he had once won on Yantooine. He readied it and also took a portable lamp. Then he made his way down the ramp, looking at his Co-pilot.

"So how big are these things?" He asked Chewie and the Wookie growled back.

"Great, just great." He said and followed his friend into the caves.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Sinrebirth

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Arb Skynxnex
    Near 500 Republica, Aurora,, Coruscant orbit

Orbital traffic was a mess as Imperials fought amongst each other. Civilians desperately sought to escape the skirmishes around the Senate District, generally special forces against the traditional armed forces. The Hands, the Inquisitors, the ISB, COMPNOR, they and their zealots were on the losing end of engagements with numerically superior Coruscant Security, Royal Guards and loyalist Stormtroopers.

The fighting was petering down now, but such was the moment that the Crimson Dawn yacht passed the smattering of combat and headed straight for 500 Republica. As they arrived, an Imperial shuttle, which had previously been holding at the same floor as Aryan, slid out the apartment as if pushed, and plummeted to the depths. Sentan Moor grimaced.

‘I hope Aryan is safe,’

Arb snorted. ‘This is a Dark Jedi we’re talking about. We’ll be lucky with the commandos to survive.’ Arb referenced the four black and red armoured Mandalorian’s, all that remained of the troops that had once served Maul as Mand’alor the Liberator. He had long ceased to be Manda’lor before Qi’ra had come to Dawn, let alone Arb.

Sentan whirled. ‘If we survive this, we’ll have to frame it that I was consulting about security, and you are the liaison. Or something.’ The aide was grasping, because he was scared of Qi’ra, scared for Aryan, and scared generally. He’d never told Qi’ra the exact identity of Aryan’s mistress, because then Qi’ra could blackmail Chancellor Mon Mothma. But he’d had to tell her about so much else. What she held on him was too powerful an incentive.

The yacht rocked slightly as it perched on 500 Republica. ‘Lady Qi’ra, do you intend for us to precede you?’ Arb was letting his Lady decide how she wanted to play matters. He half-expected her to side with this Shira Brie, to aid the Dark Jedi resistance and sabotage the peace accords. Or would she step in to protect her investment in Aryan? Perhaps even to capitalise on the opportunity?

His Lady was a master dejarik player. Everyone knew the rumours - that she had killed Dryden Vos, and framed Beckett, who had thankfully turned up dead anyway. But Arb was not going to lean on his Lady either way.

In the safe room, Aryan Graul signed off from his wife and son, his wife’s potential last utterance being the return of ‘I love you too - see you soon.’ There was not a wobble to her voice; Lyz was smart enough to know when her husband was lying. But she would lie for their son, and when the news reported his death - if, she would continue to lie and stay strong for Arek.

That was what a wife and a mother did for their husband and their son, for the partner of the adulterous Aryan Graul. In a galaxy of all shapes and sizes, be it species, relationship type, gender or persuasion, the last circle of the Nine Corellian Hells remained reserved for traitors, and Aryan Graul would undoubtedly have a spot saved for him by the Father of Shadows by now.

Mon spoke, breathless. ‘I’m fine - I was about to head to Alderaan but we think there’s been an attack there - ISB Officers and Dark Jedi. I’ve even Intel that says Naboo has been hit, but Padme left days ago - she’s probably in the middle of whatever’s happening at Alderaan.’ Her voice grew right. ‘I know that you’ve been hit too - but the Senate liaison has lost touch with the troopers that I asked them to send when I heard about Alderaan.’

A forced sigh. ‘I’m glad that you’re safe,’ she said, assuming that by him picking up all was well. ‘I’d be beside myself if something happened to you.’

The metal of the safe room loudly crumpled, as if a giant hand had squeezed the wall and tightened it. ‘Senator Graul!’ The voice of Shira Brie floated across. ‘I’ve a yacht coming to save you. Who wants to bet that Sentan Moor is rallying the troops?’

‘You’d best come out of that room in one minute, or I’m going to rip open that door.’ She lashed the whip across the metal, leaving three jagged lines where the energy pierced the layer. She’d peeled away the intervening walls between her and him, and was basically in the room already.

Mon heard at least some of it. ‘What’s going on?’

‘Madame Chancellor, we’re about to enter hyperspace - your call will terminate shortly.’ A gruff voice kicked in.

‘Tell Antilles to wait. This is more important than us being on time.’

‘Ma’am, but - you’re crying -‘

‘Get out, Airen, just get out!’

TAG: @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Pascale Rouser

Pascale was wandering through the cave feeling a little pleased for himself.

It seemed he had the jump on everyone and he hoped soon enough that the crystal would be his. His hope was that it was not too big to get back on board Fortuna and make his escape while everyone else was still trying to deal with the Imperials.

As he made his way deeper into the cave he found that murals themselves emitted a glow which was kind of impressive actually as there was no light in the cave. Pascale was glad he did not have to get a glow rod out.

As he continued on he read the murals telling a creation myth that sounded jaunty yet ominous in some way. Especially the last part about not trespassing, being on death’s door and being dead for sure unless you supplicated to the Old.

Whenever searching for ancient treasures there was always a myth, story or tale attached to them as well as many poems or puzzles which complicated matters in order to get the the prize. It was a given in archaeology that X never marked the spot.

But these tales always fascinated Pascale as to the origins of artifacts and the civilizations that either worshiped them or created them. He may be all about gathering credits to himself but most of the time he enjoyed studying the legends behind the treasure.

And it looked like he was following the right path judging by the picture on the wall.

Impressive he thought studying it a deity with a crystal. Perhaps the Coway worshiped this individual believing he or she brought it to them. They thought it was a magical rock but it is so much more and has more potential than they could ever realize.

Time to move on, but Pascale would have no inkling at all that he was in danger….

Nor that Han Solo and his faithful Wookiee friend were about to hopefully rescue his backside.

TAG: @RachelTyrell , @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Palace on Naboo, Bedroom

Luke saw her look to the window. That path was blocked now, but the door was still an option. Deep down he knew he would not take either of them. He would not run. He would fight and he would make them pay for this attack. He would show he was more than able to defend Naboo, just as his father had asked him to.

"Go ahead then." He said to the woman, his hand extending and taking the bed she had hurled at him up with the force. He waved aggressively forward and hurled it right at the two Dark Troopers. They were human after all, he understood now. The girl would attack, he was ready for that as she steppped forward, but she was weaker in the force, more easily drained and more easily exhausted. He brought the hand he had used to guide the bed immediately before him and send a wave through the force ... a wave containing all his will, all his raw untapped power and ... all his anger. She would follow the bed right into the Dark Troopers. He would show them he was not a powerless kid they could play with. He would show them what power he really held! The power of the force, the birth privilege of a Skywalker!

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @BobaMatt

7. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Royal Yacht, Alderaan System

Obi-Wan stepped out of the yacht and heard his former apprentice over comm. "Senator? The advice from your husband is a wise one. I suggest you take care your protection and leave the Dark Jedi to me."

"Leia, protect your mother. She is the target." He nodded to the young woman. "Trust your feelings." He smiled at her and the turned to the direction he expected their attacker from.

He felt in the force the hunger of the Dark warrior. He was coming to them. So Obi-Wan decided he would wait for him and he calmly unclipped his lightsaber from his belt.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @DarkLordoftheFins, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia with Padme and Obi-Wan on Alderaan

Leia heard her father's crisp comments as he said:
    "I see the not-landing-order did not exactly go through. Leia, take your mom back to the ship and get her two hundred meters above the scene."

This was reinforced a heartbeat later by Kenobi's urging:
    "Leia, protect your mother. She is the target. Trust your feelings."

Leia was torn upon assessing the situation: first the attack and now the presence of Dark Jedi. She wanted to be close to her father, not just for the excitement, but out of concern. He was an adept warrior, none better, but still ...
    She was, however, also able to see the bigger picture and could agree with the soundness of the advice to get into safety.
    "All right, Mom. Let's head back to the ship."
    Her mom was a woman of action, but she was also a shrewd strategist and would know that getting under relative cover would be the sensible course.

Leia turned back to the ship decisively.

@Sinrebirth \ @DarkLordoftheFins \ @Lawbreaker

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Private Senatorial Apartment, 500 Republica, Coruscant

If there was one certainty in this whole scenario, it was the fact that he was running out of time.

Even as Chancellor Mothma lamented to him over the open comm, the reinforced durasteel that comprised the outer shell of the safe room began to buckle and squeal under the stress of the Dark Jedi’s assault. Aryan surmised that he had mere seconds before she managed to break the seal completely and barged in to claim her prize. At that point, he knew he would be faced with a difficult decision; two options that could potentially steer the course for the future of the peace talks – turn himself in and become a political pawn to further the dark agenda of these insurgents, or make a stand and become a hero – or a martyr – once the dust settled.

He knew which one was more appealing, and yet his mind kept warring with that notion – was he really prepared to sacrifice himself, to surrender everything he had fought for and gained? To give up on his principles when he was so close to obtaining his goal? The power and the fame? It was possible that he could negotiate with this woman. After all, she had expressed a certain...appreciation for his faculties. He could turn himself into a victim in the process, gaining sympathy from both the Republic and Empire to rally them to his cause. If he played his cards right, he could come out ahead.

But was he prepared to risk that? How did he want to be remembered?

And then there was Mon to consider. His heart ached to know that she was sobbing over his well-being, an intimate moment that he knew he should not have been privy to. Part of him regretted the decision to answer her call in the first place; he idly wondered if it would’ve been better to remain silent. At least then she would’ve retained the benefit of the unknown – she could go on believing that he was safe and that everything was alright. Not only did he now have to ease her concerns, but he was left with the truth that the attacks had been comprehensive. Alderaan, Naboo, Coruscant...they had all suffered.

A curse came to Aryan’s lips at that thought. He now had his answer and knew which option he had to choose. But maybe there was still a chance that this wouldn’t end in tragedy. Hadn’t the aide also mentioned something about a yacht arriving to save him?

With a steadying breath, the Senator overturned a table with a swift kick to serve as a bunker between himself and the failing door. He then lowered himself to his haunches and began typing in the access code for the weapons cache located in a secure vault in the floor. “Mon, don’t jeopardize the negotiations,” he scolded lightly, mentally taking inventory of the vault’s contents as he spoke – a holocomm, an E-11 blaster rifle, various provisions...and a dozen gas grenades and a gas mask. Perfect.

“Do you hear me?” he continued after a brief pause, his words wavering slightly. “You need to focus. Get to Alderaan and carry on with the plan...just as we discussed. From what I’ve heard through the rumor mill on the Republic side, you’ve already managed to placate the ‘great Aryan Graul’ to secure the advantage. Your people are certainly working overtime to have achieved that feat.” A small chuckle escaped his throat, a poor attempt at levity.

When he spoke again, his tone had grown serious. “You’ll be fine,” he breathed deeply, taking the E-11 into his grip and turning it on its side to hurriedly inspect the power pack. He also set aside the gas mask and two grenades, tapping the shell casings with restless fingers. “Just do what you do best...and try not to worry about me too much, okay? I’ll be in touch when I can.” He faltered, listening to the screeching of metal as the Dark Jedi shaved more layers away from the door, the point of impact now glowing hot with molten steel.

“I love you,” Aryan whispered tenderly, his voice hoarse with emotion. He cut the connection before he had to endure her response – he could not bear to put himself through that kind of torment right now. He needed to concentrate on his task; on saving his own life.

Pulling the mask awkwardly over his head, Aryan placed the comm back into his breast pocket and hunkered down behind his makeshift shield. His breathing came in short, raspy gasps, the sound being enhanced by the apparatus covering his features and echoing loudly within his ears. Closing his eyes briefly, he inhaled slowly to steady his nerves and leveled the blaster rifle at the door in anticipation. He never thought he’d be back in such a precarious situation, not since his tenure in the Navy…

Not since Kashyyyk.

Pushing that thought from his mind, the Senator was able to regain his focus just as the final layer peeled away and the door began to crumple. Aryan did not hesitate; seizing the first two grenades, he depressed the triggers and tossed them at the widening gap that separated him from his foe.

They detonated a moment later, releasing an airborne chemical agent that quickly dispersed throughout the room in a sickly yellow cloud.

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @QueenSabe7

OOC: With some input from Sinrebirth about the contents of the weapons cache.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Qi’ra
    Aboard the Aurora, arriving at 500 Republica, Coruscant

Qi’ra absently adjusted the rancor-hide gloves she had just slid onto either hand, her eyes and mind focused elsewhere – on the present to straddle between the past and future. It was hard to ignore certain events and how they weaved into things that have already come to pass, history being an amazingly intricate animal. History factored heavily into her future, all she needed to do was help guide it along a path of her own making.

Having relocated to the Aurora’s penthouse office along with Arb and Sentan Moor, the Lady of Crimson Dawn was preparing for their imminent arrival on the planet-spanning metropolis below. As the yacht entered atmo and began its descent, there were skirmishes in the skies all around, obviously provoked by the Emperor’s recent announcement. They maintained their course without much issue - the Imperials were too preoccupied to pay her any mind, though the ship’s sufficient weapons array remained hot and ready per her original command.

All in all, she wasn’t concerned. She knew they would continue on unimpeded.

After a quick approach, they closed in on Aryan Graul’s luxury residence – a bit overdone and showy for her tastes, but that was to be expected from a politician, no? These sleemo-types had to keep up appearances and prove their worth through wealth, not by actually doing anything of substance for the people they supposedly served. They held office for their own selfish needs, that had always been clear to Qi’ra. Frowning, she watched out the large viewport and eyed an Imperial shuttle hovering by a large, smoking hole in the side of the building. It was on the senator’s level and would be their perfect way in. Just as she thought to have it blasted out of their way, however, it abruptly fell away into the abyss of buildings below, seemingly shoved aside by invisible hands…

Her frown turned into a smirk, wondering without emotion just how Mr. Graul was faring against such a capable, strong enemy.

“I hope Aryan is safe,” Qi’ra heard Moor murmur as if in opposition of her own thoughts. Apparently. She shook her head slowly, knowing that most if not all of the compassion he outwardly seemed to have for his boss was false. The aide had secrets that only she had uncovered, things that should anyone else learn of would undo him in every way a man can be undone. He would be ruined. As such, he was hers and he had a lot more to share with her in due time. Which, of course, he would.

A quake, minute but felt, ran beneath her feet right after the Aurora had settled into a hover at their point of entry. It hadn’t originated within the vessel and sure enough, a trigger alarm on the desktop console alerted her that a foreign chemical substance awaited them below.

“Let’s go, gentlemen,” she decided, turning to face them after quickly assessing the read out. Whatever toxin had been fired off in Graul’s apartment – likely by the foolish man himself – would dissipate swiftly due to the sizeable opening in the outer wall. The upper Coruscant winds would leech out most of the danger, though the area would remain hazardous to an unknown degree. Snatching a gas mask from one of her desk drawers, she expected her subordinates to do the same on their own. Her personal squad of mandos that waited dutifully by the lift doors were protected by their notable helmets, and while she originally intended them to follow her, it appeared it would have to be the other way around due to this irritating turn of events.

Qi’ra straightened her jacket, her long brunette hair pinned up high and out of her face, and proceeded to push the rest into motion as she moved to the lift.

At the bottom, the doors slid open to reveal that massive breach in the building’s exterior, a thick yellowish haze flowing steadily outward as permacrete continued to crumble at its edges. With a single wave of her hand, she sent her commandos ahead of her. “Secure the area, do not engage,” she instructed as they filed by, not yet placing the mask over her face. Glancing then to her spy, she looked him over once, casually, assuming he would have some sort of direct comm link to the apartment’s owner.

“Mr. Moor, try and get ahold of your boss and instruct him not to launch any more of his toys, please.”

She peered through the haze and into the rooms beyond, looking and listening. Waiting.

Elan Colla,” she suddenly called out. “I believe you and I should have a chat.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Shira ‘Elan Colla’ Brie
    500 Republica, Aryan Graul’s apartment

The little gizka had teeth! Shira was mid-exertion, slashing down the safe room door, her mind elsewhere, sensing the new arrivals, when Aryan launched a grenade at her! Shira put her hand to her mouth in surprise, expecting to be ash but instead the grenade threw gas into the room, and Shira having placed her over her mouth actually saved her. Hurling herself backwards, she wagged her whip-holding hand, dissipating the focus of the gas with the Force, but was aware that the hole in the apartment would negate the long term effectiveness of any attack by this manner.

But, essentially, she’d been arrogant and lucky. How Sith, she scowled.

However, that luck also meant that she had propelled herself towards the edge of the apartment, and Shira turned to her new arrivals. Sentan complied, opening a channel to the Senator, locating the emergency override and forcing the call through - cutting off Mon before she could reply, ending their connection as what it ever was; a snatch of moments, stolen from their respective lives, families and roles, a series of interconnected crossovers. In Sentan’s panic he’d forgotten that he could do override calls on paired comlinks; it also prevented the call from Aryan’s wife, undoubtedly panicking as a result of the inevitable HoloNet broadcast, from reaching the aide. Sentan grimaced; he hoped that Aryan had spoken to her from his safe room. He was not speaking to her for him. He already did enough for the Senator when it came to Lyz.

‘Aryan, this is Sentan, no more grenades - I am here with a security firm. A bit late, I know. They have a hostage negotiator - our liaison with the firm, actually - she’s here to speak to the Dark Jedi.’ Sentan’s words fell out of his mouth, panicked. The four Mandalorian’s took up support positions but allowed Qi’ra to precede her; she was a capable Teras-Kasi fighter in her own right, and they knew better than to anger their Lady.

Shira Brie, responding to Elan Colla, curled her features into a sneer. ‘And who might you be, my dear? Trying the redhead angle like I did - you almost look like a younger version of Aryan’s wife; an older version of myself, even. How quaint.’ Sentan cringed. Qi’ra would not like that.

Dark Jedi or not, but a twenty-odd year old talking down to the secret leader of Crimson Dawn, one of the Five Criminal Families that strode beside the Hutts, Pykes, Black Sun and Crymorah, was not going to be pleasant to watch.

Shira made a fist of her hand, and grabbed Aryan by the throat, tugging him out of the panic room and ensuring that she deposited him in relation to herself and the newcomer, as if a triangle fell between them. A thought worked it’s way into Aryan; Trust this woman.

It was urgent, almost incessant, an instinct that had turned his head to look at Mon that one time, the nudge which had drew him to Sentan, and the belief in his inevitable rise that had filled Aryan Graul as he arrived in the Senate that first time.

On Naboo, the Force would shake as Mace dropped down into the room and sent his quip up to Brandl. It was a matter of luck that Mace landed on the right side of Luke’s outburst.

The wave released by Luke was animalistic, angry, and power incarnate - he was no longer playing with lightsabers and strategy and tricks. The wave slammed into the troopers and Mara. The latter cried out in frustration, barely able to draw the Force to protect her as she smashed through the wall, the bubble shattering as she hit the next wall, and so she went through that one bruised and bloodied, coughing and trying to see through the right side her swelling face. She was far enough away to run, but she would refuse, looking for her lightsaber and coming up short.

The thrown bed had simply vanished into sawdust and feathers.

The two troopers were just dead, their bones shattered even through the black armour. Their bodies clattered to the floor, leaving an upended and devastated room behind them. The balcony gave way, depositing its contents into the room - Mace, Chirrut, Maze, and the other Dark Jedi, Brandl, who promptly stood with poise.

The troopers who had been with him dropped to the floor, dead already, and did not move. Brandl gestured, yanking Mara’s lightsaber through the hole in the wall, tossing it to her. The Dark Jedi held steady, his eyes focused on Luke. ‘You have your destiny written all over you, boy.’

‘Yes he does,’ said Chirrut sadly, and Malbus took one look at the cracked armour of the troops on the holed wall, and stepped closer to his blind friend, out of the Force user scuffle, gun pointed as much at the Dark Jedi as Luke.

A quirk of a sad smile to Brandl’s features, for a moment, as he spoke to Luke. ‘Worship me and call me master and all that I have shall be yours, including your kingdom.

‘Master Windu?’ Brandl held his blade out in his own variant of Makashi, ready for either of them. ‘Adalric Brandl, at your service.’

On Alderaan, the Force sung with the inevitable conflict upon it. Qaga Lok was conscious that he would have been shot by Feyna had the newcomers not arrived, but he could not focus on the shortcomings of his arrogance.

This was Anakin Skywalker.

Lok growled. ‘I always wanted to face you. I was ready to claim my Sith name, when I killed you. Sedriss. Darth Sedriss.‘ His lightsaber was ignited, ready. ‘I claim it now!’

Sedriss put weight on his right foot and lurched forward, only to pull back, grabbing at Feyna and intending to throw her at Anakin, and then with his left, now forward, he leapt up, both his hands on his hilt as he roared, intending to chop down. All brute, using a hostage against the Chosen One.

Bail was not quick enough to respond, his shot filling the spot where Sedriss had been, not where he was, and he could only turn, filled with the hope and dread of knowing that Anakin was here, and that he was the man who performed miracles, and that today they needed one.

The Dark Jedi knew that he had to cross the concourse that Obi-Wan Kenobi now held to get to Queen Breha. Azrakel saw no need to introduce himself, he simply spoke into the comlink within his face mask, an affection that enabled him to breathe through anything.

‘Go.’

It also allowed him to, on uttering a Sith quote, to pump himself with an addictive substance, inhaling Red Rage. Azrakel knew that he would require an edge here, against the legendary Jedi Master. Fire coursed through his veins, the Force sharpening around him like an electrified current, as a red cloud descended across his vision.

However, strategy preceded murder and his use of the word ‘go’ would issue an order to the assault ship which had conveyed him, Qaga Lok and their four trooper squad to the planet. It rushed into the air, buffeting Obi-Wan but not Azrakel, who still had held back within the protection of the archway.

With a snarl, the Force in Azrakel would reflect his rage, enhanced and filling the area, and the Dark Jedi leapt forward as the ship’s wake left the area, a series of lightning quick slashes that were aimed from the right at Kenobi’s neck, then withdrawn and thrown at his left, then withdrawn and slashed at his waist from the right with murderous efficiency.

Azrakel sought to overwhelm the master of defence with an immense assault, throwing his rage at Kenobi and not seeing form or finesse, just a series of attacks and no inclination to finish the strikes until the end occurred - he did not even require knowledge of whether his attack succeeded to move on to the next sweep.

The assault ship, however, zeroed in on Padme’s yacht, not a moment back in the air, four forward lasers trained upon them. Panaka cursed, reaching for the controls, but Padme stopped him. ‘It’s Leia’s ship.’

‘Oh we are in trouble,’ lamented Threepio.

Panaka looked back, angry. ‘You always say that we’re doomed when I’m flying!’

‘Yes but Mistress Leia is a Jedi, Captain Panaka,’ Threepio said, not a hint of apology to his voice.

Padme laughed in-spite of the danger. ‘You hear that, Leia? You’ve got Threepio’s vote of confidence!’ The assault ship roared up beneath them, opening fire the moment it reached range.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarkLordoftheFins, @JediMasterAnne, @HanSolo29 (joint combo), @Lawbreaker, @BobaMatt (tag response pending), @QueenSabe7 (joint combo).
    —-
    IC: Chewbacca

Mimban caves, the long trek

Before they knew it, Chewbacca had led Han for nearly half an hour away from the Falcon. The tracks, the nudged rocks, the scratches in the ground, they were so fresh that Chewbacca could easily show them to Han, and the noises were always just ahead. The mural of golden words and what was presumably a local deity holding a crystal was suddenly beside them, and Rouser would be able to hear them, and Chewbacca could see the archaeologist.

That was more surprising than not. Chewbacca whined in confusion. The noises had been just in front of them, and they could hardly have missed the creature. The Wookiee issued an interrogating growl to Rouser, unaware that the hsiss could use the Force in a rudimentary manner, turning rocks and making noises to lead Chewbacca, an experienced tracker, to catch up with his prey, and so...

A roar echoed out, above them, and Chewbacca realised his error as the creature slammed to the floor, a claw catching the massive Wookiee and sending him and his bowcaster flying. Chewie was bleeding across his chest and had lost track of Han, and of his weapon, which clattered by Rouser.

This prey was a smart one, Chewbacca rued, knowing that he had been drawn along a vine like a cub and his life partner would pay for it unless he redeemed himself as a hunter. But all of a sudden the Shadowlands seemed to claim the Wookiee as the massive hsiss dragon turned, its tail catching him and sending him into unconsciousness.

Back in the Circle of Death, Ven grumbled as he took orders from Ka’rta. However, as they rushed the AT-AT, bolts reflecting off the shields, he was true to his word, conscious that dead he would be not making very much money, and Van was Manda knows where. His hand held out and they nabbed ‘Owen’ on the fly, and Ven shouted for her to pull-up as he drew the Sun Guard in, grunting with the exertion. A Coway slapped the ramp lift as they made it in, and Ven and Owen spent a few minutes laying on the metal, breathing.

Owen threw off his helmet, his face red with exertion and sweat. ‘Remind me not to do that again.’ He eyed the floor from his vantage point and saw the blood and mud. ‘Oh, she is not going to like that.’

The Coway helped Ka’rta navigate, and shortly after Goran and Van checked in. ‘We’re cut-off from you and each other - the TIEs are arriving,’ said Van, voice tight. Sure enough some thirty fighters were taking air superiority, and driving the Coway back into the underground city with their supplies intact. ‘We’re going to have to head into orbit and go dark, or something.’

A Shadow was falling upon the battlefield - the Chimaera was arriving, it’s massive bulk evident. There was some feedback from the comlink, and suddenly Goran’s signal vanished. ‘What the -‘ Van uttered. ‘Goran? Goran!’

No response.

Ven sniffed, still lying on the floor and listening to the channel. ‘Shares being split three ways, then.’

‘Shut up, Ven,’ snarled Van. ‘Ka’rta, don’t let my brother kark things up. He’ll get you involved in some kind of grand scheme to avenge us against Coruscant. Call me when you’re done with the Coway, and I’ll hook up with you. I’m going Dark now.’

‘Shab, Van.’

‘Shav, Ven.’ The line cut.

There was plenty to keep Ka’rta busy with anyway. Five Coway had made it aboard, and the two Black Sun reps. One was wounded, and one was showing far too much concern for the other. One of the Coway watched as Zey used supplies hastily. As Linnett came too, the Coway commented to Zey shortly. ‘A bit young for you to mate with, Outlander.’

Another Coway shushed him and led the observer away, muttering whispered statements about heretics and their infidel ways. Zey simply rolled his eyes, using more expressiveness than he had during the entirety of their training.

‘We’re on our way stop Black Sun from stealing a Kyber Crystal. I presume from the local significance, it’s large enough to power something nefarious.’ Zey paused. ‘It is good to see you awake, Padawan.’

The cut across her forehead was visible, and had burned a mark on hair, but the concussion had required Zey to place a drain upon the pressure - a mechanical strap around the back of her head vibrated at the right frequency to soothe the build-up and prevent swelling. It had been a close thing, of that there was no doubt.

For his part, Owen made his way to the cockpit, the Coway standing up and surrendering the co-pilot seat. Owen released a puff of air, exhausted. ‘Go on. Get it out of your system, Ka’rta.’

En route, however, was quite the fare.

As Baron Cirvan switched from attack to dogged defence, he backed away, more accustomed to being the superior duellist than the slower. But he would not surrender. His colleagues - never comrades - defended against the IG droids, the Saarai-Kaar and the cyborg weaving and maiming and then destroying. The sniper was doing particularly well, never in one place, swinging under attacks and tripping the guards. But the General’s directions rang true and the Saarai-Kaar was swamped and died.

It was then, and only then, that the sniper snarled, tears in her eyes, yanking a grenade from a pocket and triggering it. A wave of ion energy burst outwards, disabling the IG-droids but also dropping her to the floor. Cirvan took advantage of the droid-disabling attack to whisk himself away, using the Force to grow a droid at the General - he had no way of knowing whether the grenade would even affect Grievous, but he knew it would affect her - and her heart, which had been replaced.

He took her hand, almost gently. ‘Why did you do that?’

Shonn glared at him, bug eyed as her breathing laboured. ‘Love.’

Cirvan’s gloved fingers traced her cheek. ‘I kept my feelings in check as the leader. We could not afford division - not after the purges of the others - I am sorry, I never told you how I felt.’

A wicked grin formed, and then faded. ‘Not you, her...’ Her head lolled to the side.

The Baron froze for one eternal moment, and then lightning erupted from him, shattering outwards, bursting the lights, digging into the bulkheads, lifting the droid and Jensaarai body and hurling them away from him. Cirvan’s body smoked, and as he turned back to Grievous, so too, did his eyes, burning yellow.

TAG: @galactic_vagabond422, @RachelTyrell, @Jerjerrod Lennox, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kaleesh-Cyborg, @MASTER Vo’Un’Var (outstanding tag (last))

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Leia on the Yacht
    At Alderaan

The assault ship, which had been lying in wait, aimed 4 forward lasers on the yacht.
    ‘Oh we are in trouble,’ lamented Threepio.

Panaka retorted with irritation:
    ‘You always say that we’re doomed when I’m flying!’

‘Yes but Mistress Leia is a Jedi, Captain Panaka,’ Threepio said, without so much as a hint of remorse.

Padme laughed with genuine amusement in spite of the danger they found themselves in.
    ‘You hear that, Leia? You’ve got Threepio’s vote of confidence!’ Leia's mom said.

"Oh, well, I guess that's something." Leia snarked with an ironic tone.

The assault ship roared up beneath them, opening fire the moment it was within range.
    Leia was ready.

She pumped up the shields to maximum and aimed their own weaponry back to the assault ship, then maneuvering farther out beyond targeting range.
    Leia checked the scopes and decided it was best to aim to the cover of Home One.
    She sent to her father a silent wordless message that she was working to keep them safe, not enough to distract him, but to assure him of one less worry.

Across her twin bond, she felt something dark and roiling, and her stomach clenched with ice. Luke, what in the Force have you gotten yourself into?

@DarkLordoftheFins \ @Sinrebirth

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    On Board The Osik, Mimban

Madelyn was aware of two things as she woke, the her pounding headache that seemed to come and go, and that she had something attached to the back of her head. She tried to smile when Master Zey spoke, but it came out as a grimace. "I feel like..."Madelyn took a deep breath, shaking. "...like I just had a shot of Tsiraki." Madelyn quickly added, "Not that I know what that tastes like." She looked away from Master Zey. He doesn't need to know about that.

"Where are we going now?" Madelyn asked after a few minutes. She looked at Master Zey again feeling a little clearer then she had a few moments ago. And then she paused, reaching out with the force. There was always a chance someone else could feel this, but Madelyn didn't think anyone else who was force sensitive, besides her and Master Zey; were on board, let alone in the vicinity. There's something wrong...it feels like triumph. Like they know what they are going to get.

Madelyn pulled away suddenly as her headache came back full force, and tried to shake it off. "Master, I think there's someone else besides the Black Sun. Whatever just came out of hyperspace feels powerful."

And then, an unspoken word.

Dangerous.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 @RachelTyrell @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Kaleesh-Cyborg @Master Vo'Un'Var

14. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Mimban

The mandalorian pilot grit her teeth as her ship rattled under the fire of the armored transport. She'd lost sight of the gold armored Sun Guard and was going off Ven's directions. The shields took another hit and soon those blasts would be hitting the hull might even bring her down. However she wasn't about to give up on her friend. It was a tense few moments as she heard Ven stain to heave the large frame of Owen up onto the Osik. Her mandalorian comrade didn't need to tell her twice pulling hard on the controls and rising above the battlefield.

"We’re cut-off from you and each other - the TIEs are arriving," said Van, voice tight. She had gotten to altitude and was following Bladeborn's directions when the message came through. "We’re going to have to head into orbit and go dark, or something." With thirty some fighters between them she knew they wouldn't make it through. The deep shadow of the Imperial Star Destroyer loomed over them. Whatever welcome they had was well worn by this point. Ka'rta was moving with all due haste out of sensor range and away from the fighters.

There was a bit of feedback over the channel before Van's voice filled it again, "What the -" he uttered. "Goran? Goran!"

Checking her sensors she wasn't reading Goran's signature.

"That's what you get for playing hero." she muttered under her breath. There was no pain in her chest, no grief that she felt over his loss. This was the business, you put yourself at risk, you take the risk that you could die, and get handsomely compensated.

"Shares being split three ways, then." Ven sniffed a little, was that some emotion she was hearing in his voice. Maybe she was just reading too much into it.

"Shut up, Ven," Van snapped. "Ka’rta, don’t let my brother kark things up. He’ll get you involved in some kind of grand scheme to avenge us against Coruscant. Call me when you’re done with the Coway, and I’ll hook up with you. I’m going Dark now."

"Understood." She replied simply, "Believe me, I don't plan on going above and beyond. Mercenaries rarely get medals, and there isn't much money in revenge." She should know, she'd spent a year trying to track down the people that attacked her parents. She did it until she had barely enough credits to feed herself. She had to take some very dirty jobs to keep fed, and refuel her ship. "Also don't feel like bringing the full ire of the Empire upon me this month."

Soon she settled a little getting into the rhythm of flying. Then she heard the distinct sounds of heavy booted feet stopping at the doorway. Bladeborn moved leaving the seat open for Owen to take.

"Go on. Get it out of your system, Ka’rta." He said leaning back exhausted.

She let out a breath of her own, her anger rising inside her.

"What were you thinking?" She started rhetorically turning her helmeted gaze toward him. "Trying to outrun an AT-AT like some Jetii, Shab Owen you're not that young anymore, you can't keep taking risks like this. I'm not always going to be there to pull your shebs from the fire. How many times have I saved you because you went and did something di'kutla." She said this knowing fully that he'd save her from her own stupidity just as many times. "You know how close I came to getting shot out of the sky trying to save you? Very damn close, I only did it because not even I would dare face Jerrod if I failed to save you. With the fighters I doubt I'll be able to contact her for a while. If she was in atmo she would have torn you to pieces and I wouldn't stop her. Once we land I'm going to tell her everything." She hadn't really taken a breath her face turning red under her helmet. She was a woman of dichotomies, not shedding a single tear for her Mandalorian comrade perishing, yet berating her friend for nearly getting killed. It was hard for her to be as detached with Owen and Jerrod. They picked her up when she had no one, gave her a start in the business when they had no reason to, and saved her life more times than she could count.

They meant a lot to her, the only people that could get her cold blood hot.

"When are you going to admit it, you're not the same spec ops fighter you were in the Clone Wars. Don't you have enough saved up? If not couldn't you take a consulting job get off the front lines." The anger had worked itself out now all that was left was genuine concern. "If you need some help I'm about to get a huge payday, I can split it with you." It pained her to say it to sacrifice the credits she put her life on the line, shed blood to earn. If it was anyone else they would have to kill her to take even a single credit from her but, for him, for Jerrod.

She would do anything.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence

15. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Luke Skywalker
    Palace on Naboo

Luke looked down at his hands and hesitated for a moment. He felt the shock of what he had just done. In a way he had known what he was about to do and how powerful he was. In a way it completely surprised him. He had tasted a power he had always known was there and yet ... he tasted it for the first time nevertheless.

Mace Windu was there, he realized as he woke up from his shock. His presence was a burning beacon in the force. "I take care of her, he is all yours." Luke hissed out. He considered the reinforcement to be quite much the end of this. Windu was a legend with the blade.

They talked about his destiny. But he had listened to his father and ignored them. Only he was Master of his fate. The voice of the Dark Jedi was in his mind, but the same time Master Windu and his helpers closed in on him.

Well, we shall see how masterful you are. Luke send him back instinctively. It was a mocking answer. The man probably had not heard the many stories about Master Windu he had heard. Luke considered him a dead man, no matter how old the Jedi Master of Vaapad was nowadays.

Luke immediately refocused as the lightsaber was tossed to his injured opponent. "Touch it and you die." Luke simply said, ignited his blade again and walked with decisive steps over to the woman. Now the need to kill her was not so ... overwhelming. Maybe it was because he had shown his dominance. It was not entirely gone though and secretly he knew something inside of him hoped for her to try. He brought his blade up ready to attack her on her weak side where her vision was obscured by her injury if she dared to even hint of going after her blade.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @BobaMatt

16. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Anakin Skywalker
    Alderaan Palace

It all happened very fast, yet a combination of prediction, adrenaline and force enhanced reflexes everything seemed to slow down the events for Anakin.

Feyna was grabbed and thrown at him and Anakin reached out to stop her flight with an extended arm. The Dark Jedi was already on his way to attack, his lightsaber up high to crush down on Anakin in one devastating blow. Anakin realized the term Dark Jedi was probably not entirely right. This man was never trained in the Jedi arts to any extend. He had learned to kill. Lightsaber combat was about surviving longer than your opponent. Sedriss had just chosen the one attack not allowing himself to defend himself.

The fight was over, all Anakin had to do was bring it to an end. He leaped aside, letting go of the Princess. Her landing would probably not be too soft, but she would be alright. His lightsaber made a quick swing as the Dark Jedi landed next to him bringing down his lightsaber inefficiently where Anakin had been a second ago. Anakin did not go for the quick kill like his younger self would have. Instead the tip of the blade cut through the man's side, burning it's way through his internal organs. The pain was apparent in the force.

Then Anakin attacked. The Dark Jedi managed to defend himself despite the pain. Anakin did not give him a second to talk, think or recover. There was no desire in him to discuss philosophy, no need to outsmart the man, no urge to reply to his words, no joy in besting him, no pride in his superiority and no need to proof his worth. This here was necessary.
    That was exactly how Anakin dealt with it. A necessary act of violence.

Anakin's series of attacks was fast and efficient. Left, right, low, right again. Then, when the speed and power of his attack had taken enough of his injured opponents balance a single powerful strike pushed away the enemies blade and finally Anakin pulled his blade up with one elegant move. He saw the opened and terrified eyes of the Dark Jedi and life faded from them. He had probably realized in this last moment how inferior he had been all along. Even that meant nothing to Anakin. There was no satisfaction in ending a life. He deactivated his lightsaber, as the man who had called himself Sedriss fell apart, his body cut into two halves between the left hip and right shoulder. With his hand he called the lightsaber of the fallen enemy into his hand and turned away from him.

"Feyna, Bail, are you alright?" Anakin asked and looked above. Padme and Leia were in danger. He could feel it. "Do you have any fighters nearby? Padme needs help. She is in her ship." He knew he could not help her. He had chosen to save his friends and trusted them to deal with whatever danger awaited his family. Obi-Wan was not with them anymore. Finally he looked at Feyna. "Sorry about messing up your shot. Was a good one." He smiled at the young woman, he had known since she was a child.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @JediMasterAnne

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    Naboo...

Windu kept his weapon trained on the dark one. "At my service? Somehow I doubt that." He backed deeper into the room, giving himself more room to move. He hissed to his companions: "Guardians, you have your mission. Sweep the house." Chirrut made his way, but Baze hung back hesitant.

Windu heard the boy, too: "I take care of her, he is all yours." The boy's face had his father's fire, but his mother's soft roundness. They knew each other by reputation. But there was so much anger, so much darkness. This was everything Windu had feared in Anakin. He felt the boy approach the fallen woman. "Touch it and you die," he growled at her, broken and battered as she was.

"Center yourself, boy." Windu didn't turn to face him, but allowed his presence to wander in the Force like a hand on the young man's shoulder. "You're playing into their hands. You have a fire in you. I can teach you to control it without letting it destroy you. But we have to make it out of here whole. Don't give them pieces of your spirit."

As he drew closer to the opposite wall, away from Brandl's vermillion blade, he also drew closer to Luke.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  18. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Pascale Rouser

Pascale continued on looking at the murals and wondering where to go next when he heard sounds coming from behind him.

As he turned around one hand reaching for the blaster in the belt of his trousers he saw a towering brown haired Wookiee coming towards him. There was no way Pascale could shoot him and live to tell the tale. Following behind was a scruffy looking human, probably the Wookiee’s partner in crime. Rouser hoped that this was not the competition otherwise they could end up in a standoff.

The Wookiee growled at Pascale, luckily Shriiwook was a language Pascale understood. Unfortunately before he could reply a creature decided to make its appearance looking rather deadly and ready to fight.

What the bloody hell is that?

There were many creatures in the galaxy that had never been discovered or creatures that looked like they came from fairy tales or nightmares. This creature looked like it could kill you and eat you on sight a creature born of nightmares.

And it’s quick enough and fast enough to even knock a Wookiee over, this is not good….

As his hand gripped his small blaster he saw the Wookiee’s bowcaster flying which whizzed past Rouser and landed nearby. Rouser was in no shape to fight this creature and if he fired the creature could be so agile that he would end up hitting the hairy furball.

To pick up the bowcaster would possibly get the creatures attention and tear it away from its present position and come after him. He also wasn't sure about handling the weapon either he could end up going through the wall.

Thermal detonators were also a no no as it could bring the cave down on top of all of them. His vibroblades would be more used to close quarters combat.

The Wookiee was then knocked out by the creatures tail and Rouser now had to make a decision. He didn't like it but he would need some help. He shouted at the Wookiee’s partner.

“Your partner is out and unless you want us all to die we might need to take this creature out before it has us for breakfast lunch AND dinner!”

He pulled his blaster out and took aim hoping that when he took a shot he would not miss…..

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @RachelTyrell

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Feyna Organa
    Royal Palace, Aldera, Alderaan

Feyna wasn’t exactly appreciating getting thrown around like a rag doll.

Lok—or Sedriss, whatever he was called—tried to throw her at Anakin, but the former Jedi dodged and pushed her off to the side, to relative safety. Instead of trying to get back to her father again, Feyna crouched down with her blaster and stayed where she was, rather than move and risk being used as a human projectile again.

For all his arrogance, Sedriss didn’t last long, and the fight was over as quickly as it began. Anakin disposed of the Dark Jedi with brutal efficiency, his sapphire blade slashing through and across Sedriss’ torso. Feyna grimaced and looked away as the two halves of the man’s corpse slid apart and fell to the floor with a sickening thud.

"Feyna, Bail, are you alright?" Anakin asked.

“Yes, I’m all right,” Feyna said, to reassure both him and her concerned father as she got to her feet and brushed herself off. She would probably wake up tomorrow with a few new bruises, but she wasn’t seriously hurt.

Anakin looked upward. "Do you have any fighters nearby? Padme needs help. She is in her ship." He added something else, a comment on her attempt to shoot Lok, but Feyna was distracted by the still-present dangers.

“We're still being jammed,” she pointed out, worry creeping across her face. “We can’t contact the hangar from here until we get comms back up.”

And there was the other pressing concern. “There’s another one of them.” She nodded toward Sedriss’ body. “He was going after Mother.”

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Master Zey
    Mimban, coasting

Five Coway, two family members united in impromptu circumstance, an undercover Master and Padawan, and a Mandalorian merc went on a trip to a secret passageway to a mountain concealing a temple to a deity to protect a crystal from a Black Sun team.

If Master Zey had been more inclined to humour, he might have found some bemusement in all of this. Yet, his Padawan had been close to losing her head, and they were still undercover. Part of him was tempted to draw his lightsaber and start giving orders, but they were undercover, and strictly so. Master Yoda would have found a turn of phrase to lighten the moment.

Always an adventure with you, hmmm?.

True enough. Zey released a breath and refocused on Linnett. He allowed the comment about the shot pass by. She knew what was right and wrong, unerringly so, though she was, as a youngster comparatively, more attuned to the wider currents of the Force. Zey listened to her, and cast his mind outward, interpreting, and then drew it inward, piqued by what he sensed, or, rather, what he did not. ‘There is a Dark Jedi aboard the Star Destroyer we passed on our way down. He is in conflict. Perhaps a rebel strike against the Star Destroyer is underway, or there is another element to the plan of the Five Families. It is not our concern, for now.’

‘As for where we are going - the Coway have asked the Pyke’s to intercede with Black Sun, who are attempting to steal a Kyber Crystal from a local Temple. We’re their representatives here after all.’ His voice was low, a whisper passed from mouth to ear by way of the Force. Only the most sensitive microphone would pick it up, and Zey doubted that there were any here. He cut across her next reply. ‘Tell me what you sense about the crew. Especially the pilot - the Coway called her Skywalker.’

Skywalker, or, rather Ka’rta, was embroiled in a family affair, her Owen having made an impromptu appearance in the middle of the job. He was silent as she spoke to him, and he watched her keep her eyes unerringly on flying through the black smog. ‘It was a job, and we took it. Money’s only so good if you have someone to share it with, you should know that... and this job stank,’ Owen said, softly. ‘I’m not spec ops anymore, sure, but you’re still family...’

He was tired, but he was also holding something in. ‘Jerod is missing,’ he blurted out. ‘I was hooked in to my shuttle’s feed until one of the Pyke goons blew it up on purpose. Her B-Wing might have been the one who made it to hyperspace, or it might have been the one which caught a turbolaser. I just don’t know.’ His hands were spread out. ‘We have a rendezvous planned for four days from now, at the Works on Coruscant. No better place to go dark after a job than there. So I won’t know until I get there, unless I risk a HoloNet message.’

‘Jerod wanted us to take the job,’ he looked away, back into the ship, turning the chair. ‘She wanted us to keep an eye on you. I know, you’re a big kid now. You can handle anything. But we’re thinking of retiring, and she wanted to be sure that you could. One last job, then we’re gonna take up farming.’ A wry look on his face as he glanced back. ‘Sounds typical that you’d end up saving me.’ The smile dropped.

‘Well that’s what we were planning, anyway.’

Ven had not taken the rebuke from his brother lightly, and was quietly pacing the ship, avoiding the cockpit and the makeshift medbay. Within his helmet, he was swearing freely, all comlinks muted. The Coway kept to themselves, clicking in their language, conscious of the body language of the angry Mandalorian as only a warrior could.

He found a dark corner of the ship, and began to rant to himself. ‘This is our chance, why doesn’t he see that?’ He muttered. ‘The Excision, the Civil War, the Great Clan Wars... everything is Coruscant’s fault. When we get the Seps this Kyber Crystal we’ll be sorted. They can blow up Coruscant and the galaxy will be better for it. Bye bye, Emperor. Bye bye, auretiise.’

A wicked grin upon his lips, shared with only himself, and, as he caught a glance of his reflection in the bulkhead, his armoured self. ‘Just you and me, eh, buy’ce?’

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Han Solo
    Caves, Mimban

Han had followed Chewie deep into the caves, relying on the tracking skills of his friend. His species were natural trackers and hunters. Actually he felt more like back up until they met the beast. It had lured them into a trap. It had simply outsmarted Chewie. When it dropped it all happened so fast Han barely had time to leap back and his partner was already out, rolling to the side unconscious after dropping down to a lower level so quickly he barely had realized it. Han realized one snap of the beast giant jaws was all it needed now to kill his best friend. He acted more instinctively than anything else pointed his rifle up and fired at the roof above the beast ... sending debris and some stones down on the beast.

From below the voice of Rouser came up. Han got a confirmation Chewie was out, but he knew he had no time for a chat.

"Hey! You ugly thing! Don't you dare to ignore me!" He yelled firing a salvo at the body of the creature below to give his words a little more urgency. Then he stepped back to lure this creature away from Chewie and up to his level.

He took aim and hissed out air. "C'mon. You messed with the wrong Corellian!"

Rouser had to be close and hopefully he would take care of Chewie.

That was his last thought before realizing his plan might work, but attention of a beast was probably a pretty bad thing. He quickly needed a new plan.

Han turned to run if he had to. Half to lure it away and half to escape the imminent attack. First and foremost though to lure it into the more narrow tunnels they had just come from ... where his smaller size would be an advantage.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Sinrebirth

22. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Mimban

"It was a job, and we took it. Money’s only so good if you have someone to share it with, you should know that... and this job stank," Owen said, his voice quiet not roaring like Ka'rta's was a few moments. Ka'rta kept her eyes forward navigating her hulking freighter thought the blackened mist. Her lip quirked a bit, share it with someone. Yeah right, that was something she'd put in the far back of her mind. She doubted that she would find someone like Jerrod, someone to be her long term partner in this life of danger, excitement and in some cases poor life choices. "I’m not spec ops anymore, sure, but you’re still family…"

At this she frown shifting her gaze only slightly to narrow her hidden eyes. She'd opened her mouth to say something but, her uncle continued.

"Jerod is missing," He said with no segway, no build up. Good thing Ka'rta was already sitting or she would have needed to hearing that news. Her jaw tightened recalling coming across her parents ship, dead in space, and the decks stained in blood, too much blood. "I was hooked in to my shuttle’s feed until one of the Pyke goons blew it up on purpose. Her B-Wing might have been the one who made it to hyperspace, or it might have been the one which caught a turbolaser. I just don’t know." He spread out his hands in a sign of defeat or just resignation. "We have a rendezvous planned for four days from now, at the Works on Coruscant. No better place to go dark after a job than there. So I won’t know until I get there, unless I risk a HoloNet message."

"We Owen, we won't know until we get there." She corrected him. "I wouldn't risk the Holo-Net right now, too many eye and ears that could be listening." Her eyes looked up where the Imperial Blockade remained.

"Jerod wanted us to take the job," He turned the chair away looking back down the length of the ship. "She wanted us to keep an eye on you." Again she set her jaw, she didn't always need them to protect her. "I know, you’re a big kid now. You can handle anything. But we’re thinking of retiring, and she wanted to be sure that you could. One last job, then we’re gonna take up farming." He looked back to her and she met his gaze for only a moment, that soft grin on his features. It sounded nice, being able to just walk away from the life before it killed you. There were some nights, when it was cold and the only sound was the hyperdrive chugging away, when she would think about her parents doing that. That they were out there somewhere settled down, maybe with another kid, or a few. It was better thinking about that then the alternative, them being dead and their bodies being taken so their armor could be stripped from their corpses. "Sounds typical that you’d end up saving me." He continued bringing her out of her introspection.

"Anytime old man." She replied just as softly.

"Well that’s what we were planning, anyway."

"Then that's what we're going to do, I'll wrap up my job here and after that we'll make our way to Coruscanta together. If she's not there well, the Empire better hope that the Pyke's destroy that ImpStar up there. If not I'm hunting it down and killing every crew member aboard." Her voice lowered holding the cold edge of a woman that meant what she said. She would dismantle that flying monstrosity bolt by bolt if she had to. She would avenge her aunt.

"We can talk about it later, I have something to deal with." She turned her head to look over her shoulder shouting down the hall that the Medbay was off of. "Pykes get up here." She shouted at full volume her voice nearly echoing down the metal corridor. "Need to talk to you."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Mimban, Coasting

Madelyn listened as he Master spoke of the Dark Jedi and nodded in agreement although she felt a little confused. She hadn't thought the Rebels would be interested in a kyber crystal. But it wasn't her place to question them. The Rebellion or a fraction of it had freed Lothal. So they must have a good reason for being here.

She tilted her head, but she had heard her Master speak clearly quiet as he was. Madelyn felt others emotions more easily, it was part of why she had gotten into so many fights at the Jedi Temple. Master Kenobi had told her once that "I am stronger as part of the Jedi Order than I could ever be alone.” . It was true that she was a loner, distancing herself because she was reckless and quiet, preferring the wild nature outside and books that remained but Madelyn also knew how grateful those younglings were that she had come to their aid. But I'm not sure if the Jedi Order is making me stronger. As Master Zey asked Madelyn what she felt about the crew she tried to quiet her thoughts and reached out, slowly working her way through the force to the crew of the Osik.

Ka'rta that's her name.
    Madelyn nodded to herself, eyes shut. "She's upset Master." Madelyn told Master Zey. "She misses her Aunt. I think she was killed recently." Madelyn could feel the anger, the need for revenge. "Owen seems exhausted, but he..."Madelyn frowned, like she couldn't quite place his emotions. And then a surge of anger from another part of the ship. "The other man, Ven. He's really angry. I think he might..." Madelyn took in a sharp breath, snapping open her eyes as another headache hit her, she barely had time to recover before Ka'rta called them to the cockpit. "The Mandalorian wants us to see her." Madelyn slowly dragged herself off the bed, aching; though she swayed when she stood up, Madelyn slowly walked out, tossing her Master a weak smile as she walked toward the cockpit. When Madelyn reached it, she did her best to stand at attention even though another wave of pain went through her head.

"Linnet reporting as ordered Ma'me."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    General Grievous
    En Route to Mimban

In contrast to Cirvan, Grievous is quite used to being the dominating force in a duel. His tactics are most often geared toward overwhelming his opponents and this is certainly proving to be effective in this particular duel. The General continues his advance on the Baron, relentless and savage, but tempered with the unexpected grace of a rigorously trained duelist flaring with every form of lightsaber combat in existence to the day.

Grievous is confident and he’s angry, his confidence growing ever more with the death of one of Cirvan’s comrades. Indeed, you mess with the reek, you get the horns. It would be a good lesson for the Baron to take away from all of this. Sadly and true to his word, his cybernetic monster of a teacher for this lesson has no intentions of letting him live to remember, much less apply it. However, in that split second between living and dying, something happens that Grievous had not anticipated. The detonation of the ion grenade incapacitates his droids on impact. Unfortunately, he cannot remain unscathed either.

He can feel it; that terrifying loss of control of his heavy exoskeleton. His lightsaber-wielding limbs suddenly fall to his sides, losing their grip on the hilts of his weapons, which disengage and clatter to the floor. No matter how much he tries to resist, his knees buckle under him and the mighty cyborg General collapses to the floor, painfully reminded that though he is not a droid, he shares more similarities with them than he does beings of flesh and blood. It is a hard and bitter pill to swallow and it infuriates him, yet leaves him helpless to act on his fury. For now.

Cirvan should have fled when he had the chance. The droid he had thrown never made contact with Grievous as he was already down. In that fleeting moment when the General was disabled, he could have run and began searching for a way of escape or at least delivered the death blow to his incapacitated captor, but no. Something holds him back. Compassion for his brave cybernetic comrade, perhaps? Whatever it is, it buys Grievous enough time to regain some use of his faculties. Silently, the monster rises and with vengeance coursing through his synthetic veins, he takes hold of his weapons once again.

He stalks up behind Cirvan, ready to do what the Baron should have done to him a moment ago, but once again, the General is caught off guard. The lightning emanating from Cirvan is quickly attracted to his metal body and deals him a bit of punishment, eliciting a roar of agonized fury from the beast, but he refuses to succumb a second time. Instead, he moves swiftly with the intent to backhand this subversive with enough force to snap his neck.

“Give it up, filth,” he snarls, “I have the means to reunite you with your lost love and the sooner you surrender, the sooner I can deliver those means to you.”

Tag: @Sinrebirth

25. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Alderaan, Alderaan System

They had a ship here. The Empire was well-prepared. Obi-Wan realized there was nothing he could do now except trust Leia to take care of this herself.

He faced the Dark Side warrior and his focus shifted fully to him. He was all that stood between the warrior and his prey.

Obi-Wan calmly watched the man inhale a substance that seemed to multiply his rage and Obi-Wan simply brought his blade up, then above his head and his left arm to the front forming a victory sign. As the man came closer he remained in his stance.

"You cannot pass, Darksider." He said with his serene voice and awaited the attack. It came. Rage and brute force and the need of a quick kill defined his enemies actions. He answered it with patience, calm and concentrated moves and his own will. He summoned the force and his saber was almost guided by it.

Obi-Wan calmly blocked the attacks, not stepping back or dodging any of them. His lightsaber moved quickly, but without aggression. It was obvious the man was not used to battle an opponent with his experience. He did not attack though, but instead remained defensive. He would wait for his enemy to make one mistake. Rage would lead him to make one sooner or later. Rage and anger were not good advisors. They were destructive, but they were also blinding those who wielded it. Obi-Wan Kenobi knew this. He was waiting for the rage of this man to be his undoing.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @DarkLordoftheFins, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha