main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Episode IX panel on Friday, 4/12

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Mar 13, 2019.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    This will be a fun one
    Excited to go!

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I’m curious where the line up be and the overnight camp, if available will be.

4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That and The Mandalorian panel are my two biggest questions at this point.

Padme501st likes this.
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't wait for the special guests to be 3 droid puppeteers lol

6. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    *preps sleeping bag and dozens of granola bars*

Venturing back into the wonder that is panel lines. Honestly, I enjoy overnights. Hall H at Comic-Con is always a blast and I'm sure this will be too.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Lol. They'll come through with this. I fully expect Daisy, John, Oscar and Billy Dee at a minimum.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Maybe they'll get a DJ ;)

credar likes this.
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    What're your guys' best pieces of advice for the overnight stays?

10. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Anyone have any guess on the time of this panel?

11. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    In actuality though: I've been to celebration before but this will be the first time I will get to try for the "main event". If I do overnight am I pretty good in terms of getting into the Celebration stage or is it possible I still get put in overflow/not get in for those who've done the Episode panels before?

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Portable cell phone charger

They typically do it first. I'm guessing around 11.

Hopefully with the larger arena, staying overnight gets you in (assuming they do an overnight). There were definitely people who should have got in for Orlando, but got screwed over by poor line management.

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Queuing. Lots of queuing ;)

I'm certain there will be. Looking at the floor plans I have no idea where they'd put the over night. I guess it depends where they use for the Galaxy Stage (the Ballroom opposite show floor would seem ideal for the queue hall but that's most likely the Galaxy Stage).

I'm gonna go one further and say Mark Hamill will be there. Driver very likely can't be due to his Broadway show and this is the last episode of the Saga, I just have this feeling a Skywalker will be there.

[​IMG]

Come in something comfy on Thursday (or have something comfy to change into for overnight)Ideally bring a change of clothes for the morning, but at least deodorant and clean underwear. Food and drink, a sleeping bag, an eye mask and ear plugs might help. Portable phone charger has already been mentioned. Mostly a good attitude, the over nights are a lot of fun and it's great to hang out and chat with other fans, but they are what you make of them.

14. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Has Driver ever been at one of these panels? He wasn’t there for 7 or 8, so far as I can remember. He just doesn’t strike me as a con guy. He really is Harrison Ford’s son in that regard.

Fifi Kenobi and LloydChristmas like this.
  15. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    He did SDCC for TFA, but he's never done Celebration.

17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Will there be camping out at this Cele.? where would they have it? Has anyone heard about this? unlike Orlando, the arena at this facility is independent of the convention center. they may have their own rules.

18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Nothing announced. Very likely to be done at McCormick and then led over to the arena in the morning.

19. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    that does make sense, but what will everyone do will the camping gear when the order to get ready comes? I've been trying very hard to give Reed the idea to set aside day storage rooms, like the ones at Cele. 4 in L.A. just for the fans(due to the hotel scatter) I gave details about how it was set up and run. it was a successful venture, but then, Reed wasn't putting on that Cele. I hope they figure out something for campers!

20. Lazarustoys

Lazarustoys Jedi Knight

Mar 8, 2019
    I was at the big panel in Orlando for CV when Jon Stewart interviewed Lucas and most of the OT cast came out (except Ford). That was awesome. Got in line at about 4am and got seated in the last row on the bottom floor before they did balcony. Then for Anaheim I got in line at 3:30am and easily got into the main stage area for the Force Awakens panel. Even got some pizza that JJ payed for! I don't know if I can do another super early am line up as much as I'd like to. I might just do an overflow room or just snag some autos that day while everyone is at the ep IX panel. Could be a good morning for exclusives too.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Godspeed, queue rebels!

[​IMG]

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Anybody want to join me at this to practice?

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    In London I went back to my hotel room between wristband distribution and show floor opening, gave me chance to shower, change and ditch my overnight stuff.

For Chicago I’m lucky enough to have a connected hotel, so (morning entry queue allowing) one of our group can run stuff back to the room. In case the entry queue is like Orlando I’ll be packing very lightly for the overnight so I’ll just take stuff into the arena with me. And if the bag policy is against that then it’s time to break out the old Jedi mind trick.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  24. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    You were very lucky! yes, one should freshen up after an all nighter, you are lucky now, connected to the con. center and friends to help! me? I go alone for 20 years. I don't drag my husband to cons. he would be very bored and also would not be able to keep up with me! I hope-so much that Reed took my idea for the storage rooms seriously, it would help us fans and give them some more money! I tried to get the connecting hotel-waited a half hour after it opened and got pushed out, even while we were filling in the forms! a sad situation, I guess I'm spoiled. but I got to stay in a gorgeous old hotel, full of history, I'll get to the Cele. somehow-no shuttle service for it.

25. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Supposedly Chicago is one of the cheapest cities in America for Uber, maybe the cheapest. I think it actually might be headquartered there. They would be smart to have a bunch of drivers on standby.