main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I will be shocked if there is another trailer before October. I see them following TLJ as far as release of trailers

DARTH_BELO and ewoksimon like this.
  2. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Has it been discussed in the trailer why, right as Rey flips onto the fighter, the ground changes from desert to grass?

3. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    It hasn't. Most likely because that doesn't happen. Though, to be fair, that's never stopped anyone from discussing something before.

godisawesome , moxlox and DannyD like this.
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

*Old timey 1940s gangster guy voice* Lay off the giggle-water there, mack. :p

godisawesome and Darth Buzz like this.
  5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You mean Darth Sidious isn't actually the brother of Palpatine? :eek:

:p

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well even Han Solo got 3 trailers didn't it? May be trailer 2 at D23 and a third trailer in maybe October or November and then sell tickets?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  7. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    What I found interesting is that they typically attach a teaser poster to a new teaser trailer, which they didn’t do with The Rise of Skywalker. So, I suppose it’s possible the teaser poster will come with a second teaser. We did get two teasers for The Force Awakens. But I’m still thinking we’re getting a behind-the-scenes reel at D23 and then the full trailer will come in October, just like with The Last Jedi. At this point, I’m fine with anything, though, every little bit of new content is amazing. I’m savoring every bit of the promotional campaign for this film because I know there’s nothing else after it as far as the Skywalker Saga goes.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  8. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    My predictions:

SDCC: poster
    D23: BTS
    October: Trailer
    November: TV Spots
    December: Film

IlhamKamaruddin and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If they do SDCC, then I'd bet on the BTS reel being shown there like they did with TFA, and then poster(s) revealed at D23. The thing with D23 is that TROS is only going to be a brief part of the overall presentation of Disney's upcoming slate of feature films, whereas at SDCC it would assumedly have its own panel.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm predicting a trailer for August. I bet I'm right.

IlhamKamaruddin and EHT like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm betting we'll get a BTS sizzle reel during SDCC like we did for the others, and the full trailer won't come till fall, likely October when ticket presales go up.

Then over November/December we'll all be blasted in the face with TV spot after TV spot...:p

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  12. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    This movie feels behind schedule.

13. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Totally.

14. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    They fired the old director and had to write the script fast. It’s no surprise it’s behind schedule. Feels similar too TLJ though. They have it all planned out, I’m sure we are gonna get blasted with marketing after the summer movie season finishes.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    How does it feel behind schedule? As far as marketing goes it's exactly where TLJ was at this point: teaser released in April and a Vanity Fair photoshoot released in May.

16. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    TROS does have a shorter post production timeline than TFA and TLJ, but the marketing schedule has largely been the same as both of those films.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    January: Backlash

18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    IIRC, we had already gotten an official poster by this point though...I guess that's the one thing that could legitimately be considered "behind."

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    True but then TFA didn't get a poster until the second trailer in October. So TLJ looks to be the exception there.

20. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    How? The lack of a poster does not mean the movie is behind schedule, it's just a slight difference in the marketing. They could knock up a poster easily, it has nothing to do with the post production of the actual movie. Yes they've had less time after filming wrapped than they did with TLJ, but they would have had a schedule in place and there's nothing to suggest that they've fallen behind that schedule.

21. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    For the record, the first proper poster for TFA was Drew Struzan's teaser poster revealed at D23 in August 2015. I'd love it if Lucasfilm brought him back again for TROS.

22. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Man, we are all over the place!!!

THIS IS NNNUUTTZZ!!!!!!!!!! 8-}

23. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I'd honestly be fine if Lucasfilm skipped a BTS reel this year (since there was already kind of one shown at Celebration) and instead gave us a new trailer incorporating footage from all nine episodes. No better way to emphasize the stakes in culminating the Skywalker saga.

24. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Now, THAT....I would love!! I've always hoped LFL would put together a dedicated, saga-spanning trailer. I could imagine nothing more perfect in order to get fans pumped for the finale to the Skywalker saga!

There's lots of them on Youtube, and a few aren't bad actually...but an officially made one from LFL, with that "official flavor," all shiny and pristine-that would be incredible.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  25. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I feel like Disney is making a mistake if they don't put out another trailer this summer, say on either Toy Story, Spiderman, or Lion King. Normally I love the secrecy and the mystery box stuff, but this is kind of a unique case. I think the lack of direction heading out of TLJ and heading into TROS makes it hard to speculate about the upcoming film in any substantial way. The first trailer actually gave us some things to ponder, whether it's the Death Star or Palpatine's return. A few more pieces of the puzzle would, IMO, really add to our abilty to get excited about the movie. But I have a feeling we won't be getting one.