main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    There isn’t going to be another trailer. They are trying to hide the upcoming plot twist heading our way.

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    It's not going to be Summer, man. Certainly not as early as Lion King or The Spideymanz. We're not due for one for a while yet, when were the second ones for the previous movies, September or something?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    May be Drew Struzan is working on the teaser poster that is why its taking so long?

4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    the new trailer will probably be at Comic con and will be a Behind the scenes reel similar to what the people got at Celebration. We won't get an actual trailer until mid-october during a football game.

5. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    k, I'm ready for the Behind the Scenes Reel

6. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Gonna have to wait till August 24th (D23)

ewoksimon likes this.
  7. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    I know they try to make a lot of D23 stuff exclusive to the event. Does anyone remember if the TLJ D23 stuff was released to the public?

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep, they showed the BTS reel, which went online immediately afterward, and they revealed the character posters for Rey, Luke, Finn, Poe, Kylo and Leia.

dekaneas and alwayslurking like this.
  9. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    Yay! That makes me happy to hear.

10. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Is it normal for them to announce everything Star Wars at D23 and not mention The Rise of Skywalker? They just published this press release on the D23 website: https://d23.com/lucasfilm-d23-expo-2019/. I was really counting on that behind-the-scenes reel. (It would be awesome if we got a new poster — or posters — too.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    They already announced TROS would be there a while ago

Trev Elyt likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's always a presentation where Disney previews their upcoming slate. Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, etc are all a part of that. So if we get anything for TROS it will likely be there. The Mandalorian panel would be separate from that.

Trev Elyt likes this.
  13. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Ah, thank you guys for clarifying — I had a mini-heart attack ‘cause I could’ve sworn we’d already gotten some sort of indication there’d be something for The Rise of Skywalker there. Thanks!

Darth Chiznuk and Darth Buzz like this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    With the major reshoot happening at Black Park, it could be while before any future trailer releases. A BTS reel that will only include scenes that were in the 1st trailer, then the actors messing about between takes...may be alternative camera angles for Lando.

15. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    The next trailer is coming out in October for a MNF game. It's the same thing every film, likely October 7th, 14th, or 21st. The reshoots are not that big, and will be over by September anyways.

16. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    anyone else anxious for a proper teaser poster? TLJ's was awesome and in retrospect reflected a lot of the flm's general narrative thrust and it'd be nice to get something like that for tros.

Trev Elyt and ewoksimon like this.
  17. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Teaser poster will likely come out during D23 along with the BTS video. So a little over a month out.

18. Tusken Slayer

Tusken Slayer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    So far, the one thing that has me worried the most is that goofy looking big Alien. I'm getting Jar Jar vibes.

Apart from the Knights of Ren, I hope we get a few more cool designs/costumes/characters that are shown in the next trailer.

TFA trailer got me hyped with "Damn Kylo looks bad ass. Phasma looks cool. BB8 looks adorable. Rey looks like Padme! Black Tie-fighters awesome! New retro designed Stormtroopers, awesome! Blue and grey updated X-wings awesome!!! Millenium Falcon is back, awesome!!

They lost that novelty for the next one and focused solely on Luke and marketing "It's time for the Jedi to end" along with Kylo teaming up with Rey....and I was like "Meh...obviously a misdirect..." ..well turns out I was correct with one and wrong about the other...and in regards to new designs, characters, ships, etc....I felt not much new was being brought to the table in terms of designs/costumes, characters, or just anything that expands on the lore/mythology of SW apart from a salt flat planet. But I was still super excited because of no behind the scenes drama and Kathleen Kennedy's praise of Rian Johnson. Then when it was announced that Rian got his own trilogy my hype went through the roof.

I hope the ROS trailer gives back that feeling TFA trailers did. New interesting costumes, characters, ships, planets, etc combined with the updated nostalgic X-wings, tie fighter, Stormtroopers, etc.

19. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    So what do they usually do at ComicCon, if any? I can't even remember, not expecting anything though. Stands to reason the next big promo thing will be D23.

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    2015 - did the BTS at SDCC and had nothing to show at D23 (the Drew Struzan poster was a give away for attendees, not an official teaser or theatrical poster)
    2017 - skipped SDCC, did D23 instead (D23 was in July)
    2019 - looks like they're skipping SDCC again, only difference is D23 is August this year so the BTS will be a month "late"

21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    August sounds about right for a BTS reel to me.

So yeah, seems best not to expected anything for ComicCon. Maybe another background character design like the Sith trooper announcement or some general interview tidbits if any of the actors are there, but the substantial stuff in August. Works for me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They're going to announce the next ten years of Star Wars films. But it'll be a private panel for me only and I'm not telling any of you a thing about it! [face_not_talking]

EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm really hoping for something similar to the Art of TROS book cover with Rey and Kylo Ren dueling.

[​IMG]

Now that I think of it, the showdowns between Luke/Vader and Anakin/Obi-Wan were major elements of the marketing of ROTJ and ROTS respectively, so I'd love for them to take the same approach with Rey and Kylo in TROS.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So.... the smart money is on October for the next trailer?

Darth Buzz likes this.
  25. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep, and then the bombardment of international trailers and TV spots in November.

Lee_ likes this.