main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Two questions:

1) Could 3-PO be referring to his friends dying, not himself, or that he will live on but not in such a way as he can interact with them as he currently does? I think not but could the dialogue be interpreted that way?

2) Is the helmet that falls down at the start part of a Scarif Shoretrooper helmet?

2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    1) Probably 3PO is getting his memory erased, so all his memories of Luke/Leia/etc... is getting wiped, so he is taking a moment to review his memories and say goodbye to them. Very sad indeed. But probably R2 will in the end upload his memories back to 3PO, or someone will have saved a backup.

2) Seems like a regular training or X-Wing pilot helmet

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think 3PO’s comment is also a comment to the audience.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    ^^^^This. I hadnt thought of that, but it makes sense.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, it’s clearly a meta moment...

6. CleanCode

CleanCode Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 7, 2018
    It took me a while to understand that I'm also supposed to be one of 3PO's "friends" he wants to take a last look at, assuming I am part of the audience.

7. HostofJakku

HostofJakku Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 18, 2016
    Has anyone noticed when Rey is running in the jungle just before she makes that big leap, her hair looks off? It kinda looks like a young Leia? Could this be a shot of some of Leia's training referred to in the leaks?

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its probably Rey since she is wearing the exact same outfit that Rey wears in the next shot. the brown belt included.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. HostofJakku

Jul 18, 2016
    Maybe Leia had a similar outfit. One she wore while training with Luke. I mean if she was training to be a Jedi why not dress the part.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Rey wears it all through out. i think its a stretch to say Leia would wear this exact same outfit.

qui-gon-chan likes this.
  11. HostofJakku

Jul 18, 2016
    I totally get what you mean, but what if Leia gave the outfit to Rey? If the shot I'm referring to is Leia it's great editing! Little misdirection too. Something JJ does all the time.
    So I think Rey's new outfit is a combination of Leia's and Rey's TFA outfit. Rey kept all her belts and straps and fused with Leia's ANH outfit. One major key is the hood. Leia's ANH outfit has a hood and so does Rey's TROS outfit.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    The-Clone-Wars likes this.
  12. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I do like the fact that Rey has a white outfit with a hood just like Leia in ANH. Personally, I don't think the outfit will be the exact same as Leia's from the past. I guess we'll have to wait and see what she's wearing in the flashback when she's training to be a Jedi. I hope it's a white outfit personally. I've liked a lot of her comic ones, especially with the white cape.

HostofJakku and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think in all likelihood it's Rey but they did CGI replace Cap's Avengers 1 costume for his Infinity War costume for the Endgame trailer. Anything's possible.

HostofJakku likes this.
  14. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I can't imagine they would show the Leia scene in a trailer anyway. That's definitely something they're keeping under wraps to surprise general audiences who won't be expecting the scene but have been looking forward to it for years. Much like how Leia (and Luke) have been absent from all the marketing so far and why there have been no toys for them so far either.

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, it’s Rey. I like how we see her running around and jumping in the trailer. It brings her back to TFA and feels consistent.

16. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    I like the German trailer:

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    ^ I'm ze op-er-ator vis my pocket cal-cul-at-or.

Heh, must be so odd watching dubbed movies like that, the mouth movements not matching up and all. Not sure how they do it. German Palpatine sounds even creepier, though. Eep.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway, got a wee bit tipys and watched all of the Rise of Skywalker trailers multiple times last night. And it may just be The Drink talking, but that final shot of Rey in the trailer it totally looks like she's nodding, gratefully, right at Leia's "Always" voiceover line (right when the lightning crashes), so she's allowing or is cool with, happy about .... something that is going to happen. Huge moment there, though, is what I sez. Probably a pivotal moment of the movie nay entire Skywalker Saga.

I know that they said they had a bunch of unused TFA footage for Leia but just looking at the trailer makes me feel that it may mostly be alt-takes of Leia and Rey's TFA goodbye repurposed, but they haven't shown her in anything else.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  19. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Is it confirmed that it is Leia's voice saying "Always"? Sounded like Finn to me.

MJ

20. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    If you grow up with it you get so used to it you dont notice in most scenes. We have certain voice actors for certain actors so they always speak them and you get used to the voice with the actors face. So if they have to recast the voice actor the real weird thing happens for us ;)

I prefer the original language since I can speak and understand a proper english though. Started watching english movies and tv showes and reading in english book back in 2002 when I was 15.

Bor Mullet and qui-gon-chan like this.
  21. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Whatever she's doing in that last shot of the last trailer, I really don't think it's Rey looking at Palpatine. I think that's a bit of clever editing for the trailer only.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah she wouldn't look as content/zen if she was looking at Palpatine. Unless that's how we get Dark Rey hahahah

23. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    There's history of it in Star Wars. Lando wore han's jacket in RoTJ, Finn wore Poe's jacket

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe she’s having palpitations.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Wouldn't that be the ideal state of a Jedi in battle though?