main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    It does sound like he is done more justice than ever before in TROS.

But the idea of ending on Ep3 being dismissive... it is a little paradoxical because the OT already existed so we all felt it come full circle.
    And even for a new viewer who chooses 1-6 order, you will be at ANH almost straight away, so it isn't really a worry Imo.

It makes the transition a little more surreal, knowing R2 can remember but Threepio can't, and this not creating many plot problems due to the specific nature of their character interactions.
    It is all really cyclical, where people who saw the OT first can pretend ANH happened after by suspending disbelief, but new viewers also get the sense the OT is a separate story yet also a continuation. The memory wipe is a warm nod to all this.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it sometimes depends on what format you see it in. I saw it in standard and it had the trailer.

3. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I remember before ROTS, people were saying things like “why doesn’t 3po remember that he was built by anakin, that he had been made on tatooine, the last name of skywalker?
    The memory wipe was a wave of the wand to explain that and it made sense.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And it's why he prefers to be called Friend Besto instead of Creepio.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I thought the trailer was a little boring, but I think the movie won't be. Does anyone know when a new trailer will come out?

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    A new long TV trailer during Thanksgiving Day football would be a nice treat to make up for the abysmal lack of, well, anything since the trailer dropped. It's as if the trailer dropped on October 21 and so did everything else relating to TROS (but not the same kind of drop).

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This is definitely the longest gap between a final trailer and TV spots for any of the new films. I think that's largely because Lucasfilm has been focused on promoting The Mandalorian and Jedi: Fallen Order for the past couple weeks. I suspect we'll see the first TROS TV spots next week, as well as character posters soon afterward.

9. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    It might be because they've been heavily promoting Frozen 2 as well.

10. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm still waiting for that international trailer.

Darth Dookacas and alwayslurking like this.
  11. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    Yeah, I don't get it. I understand pausing the marketing a bit for Disney+/The Mandalorian rollout, but considering Disney+ isn't released in most international markets, I don't get the delay in the international trailer (as compared to past releases).

12. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    When were the international trailers for TFA and TLJ?

I didn't know until a few days ago that there even was a longer international trailer after the main ones.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's the odd bit. TROS is the only imminent Star Wars they have on deck to actually promote to the international market.

alwayslurking likes this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Last weekend when I saw Zombieland 2 there was not even a poster about TROS. No announcement, no trailer, nothing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  15. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    My local theater manager is telling me TROS promotional stuff will be received sometime next week.That's just his theater.

16. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I saw Midway (a quite refreshing pro-America treatment) but missed the first couple previews, thinking Star Wars would be the last one. Guess they switched it up this time. That's alright, I'm going to see Midway again!

17. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Any idea when the international trailer might come out?

18. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    As we wait for the next TV Spots / Trailers to come out, let's watch this AMAZING Skywalker Saga Trailer by Alec Siegel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoG2e7xOms

Honestly, what we would be cool is if Disney attaches a recap trailer in front of every screening of Episode IX to summarise everything in a short and simple way.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  19. stoteh

stoteh Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2015
    Been watching that over and over for the past week - it’s amazing. I’d consider it better than “Always.”
    and yeah! It made me also think a recap in this style just before the silent Lucasfilm logo would be INSANE. The recap they had of Breaking Bad just before El Camino really put me in the mood.

20. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Still dead as a door nail in terms of new information on this movie. No new TV spots yet, hardly any interviews (that I've seen), nada.

Are they being more cautious this time? Or are they maybe waiting for another chapter from The Mandalorian to air as it may contain some stuff they don't want to spoil with new TROS footage? I've even forgotten that I've bought tickets for the premiere.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they really wait for some Mando stuff. It's extremely silent when it comes to Episode IX marketing. Anyway, no one will care about Mando stuff except parts of US and NL and some hard core fans around the world. Suddenly having even more weird stuff in a trailer (like Palps) might look odd for a lot of people.
    Very strange.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    It'll be really funny (and sad at the same time) if all they ever use for promotion is the same TV spot which is just pieces of the actual trailer.

23. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I don’t think the international trailer or tv spots will give us more than what we already got, maybe a couple of shots here and there. The TV spots will probably have a couple of character focused spots like a little clip of Finn, Poe, The Droids, Lando. Maybe a Rey and a Kylo focused tv spot. The international trailer will probably have some a couple of more action shots we haven’t seen, very little new dialogue. The general audience is basically not going to have any idea of what’s coming story wise.

24. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

That trailer edit is so, so well done. =D=

25. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I saw the trailer before Dark Fate and it had more of an impact than it did on tv. I dunno, maybe something about it being on the big screen I guess.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    qui-gon-chan and MarcJordan like this.