main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This all seems... unlikely.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    But possible. [face_hypnotized]

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Which part is unlikely? Keri Russell Is the right age to play Rey's mom and there's a slight resemblance. I personally don't believe Kylo about Rey's parents being nobody's and Rey was Distraught not thinking clearly that's why she appeared to agree with him. and as for Rey's mom being an evil villain why not Luke's dad was Darth Vader. it would make sense then why she left her on Jakku and when Kylo said "WHAT GIRL" In TFA I got the distinction he new who she was may be because he new her mom.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ben's a grade-A jackass, but I don't see the motivation for him lying there. He has more of an aversion to people being "nobodies" given all his entitled bloodline crap, but Rey wouldn't care that they were peasant farmers or whatever if they'd loved her. She's upset by the abandonment in exchange for their next substance-abuse fix, not that they weren't Richie Riches or special Force-Uber-Gods.

More to the point, there's no gain backflipping on that story-wise at this point. There's plenty of important stuff to resolve, Rey having a supposed "important" heritage beyond being chosen by the force (which works perfectly well with her as we know her so far, a "nobody", a "random") isn't one of 'em.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I actually meant the speculation based on that teaser trailer description in general, not your post specifically. I doubt that leak is real, so anything based on that is kind of shaky.

But I agree with you in that I don’t really believe Kylo, nor do I think the question of Rey’s parents is definitely resolved. It could be, but it doesn’t feel like it.

6. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It might behoove Disney/LFL to drop a trailer (or title, or something) to get the fans back on their side.
    Star Wars can't seem to get anything right lately...at least with a portion of the fandom.

Here's an incomplete list of the recent "fails" as regarded by a high percentage of SW fans:
    TLJ angered a lot of people, though I appreciated how it went in a direction nobody saw coming.
    Han Solo was a box-office bomb, relative to other SW films.
    Star Wars: Resistance is disappointing, especially in comparison to Clone Wars and Rebels.
    Disney screwing over Star Wars Theory and their awesome fan-film.

Star Wars could really use a solid "win"...and soon.

Luke02 likes this.
  7. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I think #3 is debatable and #4 is flat out false.

8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Those are not fails, they are reflections of different points of views, preferences and opinions in a very diverse world, maximized and amplified by the Internet.

9. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    I wouldn't presume to know the whole story, but the optics of what they did to Star Wars Theory doesn't look very good.

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Disney did not file a claim. A company manages the rights for Star Wars music claimed AFAIK.

11. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    The thing is, Disney didn't do anything to SWT.

12. afrojedi

Oct 23, 2015
    Yeah, again, I don't know the whole story, it just seems that the guy did his due diligence before hand and created the short out of love for the genre. You'd think the company that manages the music for Disney could be handled by Disney. Perhaps they will.

13. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    The whole idea behind outsourcing music licensing responsibilities is that they don't have to deal with stuff like this. And while SWT may have reached out to Lucasfilm to get clarity on fan-film guidelines, it seems as though whoever he hired to compose the music didn't do the same due diligence before handing it over to SWT.

14. afrojedi

Oct 23, 2015
    That could very well be the case. I'm just reminded of a similar issue (though I don't remember all the details exactly) with a fan made Star Trek Short Film. Viacom was about to pounce but was talked down by JJ. The end result was a good look for the bigger company and increased exposure/interest in their material.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    "Star Wars Theory" is an actual thing? What does it even mean?

Howard Hand likes this.
  16. afrojedi

Oct 23, 2015
    Shards of the Past fan flick:
    @zackm did some searching apparently JJ didn't help as much as he thought he could. I didn't keep up with this past his input but apparently Viacom/Paramount still wanted to squash the sequel to Prelude to Axanar. The end result was CBS fleshing out concrete rules for fan shorts.

17. Darth Luch

Darth Luch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 28, 2016
    I didn't even finished this. Boring as hell, its laughable when people says its better than TLJ.
    SWT is an anti-Disney, there is no problem with that but what is happening with this fan film is normal, it won't affect him at all and it is not Disney but Warner Music that claimed the right, so he is either stupid or is lying to get view.

Howard Hand and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    *Citation needed

19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    SWT is a fan thing. Why would anything Disney does have anything to do with this? And why would it matter? It's fan-made. Wow-some fans are just.....out there.

Howard Hand likes this.
  20. Darth Luch

Darth Luch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 28, 2016
    But I agree with @afrojedi SW need a win like RO was. RO is the only one with almost everyone love
    IX will be divisive but I hope the mandalorian and Fallen order can balance that

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Was that really the case though?
    Now, TFA's release-reactions may have been pushed quite a bit by being the first new Star Wars movie, but I'd still say that at worst that would make it being received just as well as Rogue One was. If you disregard the idea of hype giving TFA an early reactions-boost, then TFA would likely come out ahead.

22. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    I entertain this Rey Solo theory about Leia trusting baby Rey to 'Beru'/Keri Russell. Hiding her from Snoke (and Ben, aged 10) after realizing what was going on.

The Russell/Ridley resemblance would be explained by the fact of them being half-sisters ('Beru'=Han-Qi'ra, 'Rey'=Han-Leia) If 'Beru' had been born around the time of 'Solo', she would be 42-44 in IX. Russell will be 43 next year.

As for her villany: according, again, to this theory, we saw Kylo killing 'Owen' in the TFA vision (a KOR, according to the TFA credits) and walking towards 'Beru', 'Owen's' betrayer. Then Rey's 'Beru' joined her half-brother and became Kylo's 'Fett', just as Corellian Qi'ra had become Crimson Dawn Qi'ra in order to survive and ended up betraying Dryden Vos. (It was Fett the one who told Vader about 'Skywalker' between ANH and TESB)

23. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    [​IMG]

That's the part I understand. So, Leia was scared enough of her 10 years old (!!) son to abandon her daughter, not to a stranger though but to the said daughter's step-sister (that's the part I don't get at all...); and the step sister, instead of caring of the child in a safe place like Naboo for instance, decided that it would be much wiser to leave her on of the worst planet of the system, in company of the sordid Unkar Plutt.

No offence please, but if this theory turns out to be true, I'll probably never watch a SW again [face_alien] They're all about the Skywalker and this family is... [face_dunno]

leopardhk47 likes this.
  24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Did I wander into the wrong thread?

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Star Wars Episode IX: Pretty Eyes

Wildcatbarry and Darth Smurf like this.