main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    didn't we get get the teaser poster for TLJ literally minutes before the teaser showed at Celebration?

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There's rumblings of a non-Marvel Disney teaser coming next week. I HIGHLY doubt it's SW BUT.....

non Marvel means no Avengers 4 teaser or Captain Marvel trailer
    it only leaves 3 options (IF true): Star Wars 9, Frozen 2, or Artemis Fowl.

Personally, I think information has been crossed and the Avengers 4 will be out next week. Either that or a non-footage announcement teaser for Frozen 2. But here's hoping!

3. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    where are the rumblings coming from?

4. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    A few twitter sites, including Manabyte. However, Mana is checking into things. I'll believe it when he confirms it. It's been a very busy week for Disney in terms of teasers. At first there were rumors about Avengers 4 teaser coming today. Then it was confirmed that it wasn't and that there were rumors about a Lion King teaser on Thanksgiving. Of course that one was true and it was from the same source.

They've been changing things. Personally, I think it will come back to there being an Avengers teaser next week or the week after. IF something else were to come out, I think it will be simply an announcement teaser about Frozen 2.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The 4D movie theater seat they’re sitting in! Put that phone away! You’re at the movies!!!

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would love a teaser trailer next week I am really bummed I am going for a full physical at my new primary care doctor on Thursday, I hate going to doctors so a star wars teaser trailer would surely cheer me up!

Lost_Hope likes this.
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Didn't he state just a few days ago that IX definately wouldn't get a teaser before April?
    At least that's what's on the last page of this thread.

Makes it sound more like if there is another Disney-trailer coming out, it will be about something else. It's not like there aren't further options out there, quite a few of them coming out before IX and don't have a trailer yet.

8. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Yes he did, so there's a 99.999% chance it is NOT SW. But what's left?

It's not Marvel so no full length Captain Marvel trailer.
    Dumbo's trailer is already out there.
    Too soon for an Aladdin full trailer. That won't come until at least January or February.
    It could be Artemis Fowl, but that movie is destined to bomb.
    It is possible that an announcement teaser for Frozen 2 will come out since most teasers haven't shown much. But it's STILL way too soon for even an announcement.
    I'd guess that the Avengers teaser WILL come out next week or soon after and that signals got crossed.

9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, whether something may be a flop or not doesn't change much about that Disney will have to market it ;)

Frozen 2 does come out before IX, so while it might also be too early for this one (though very much fitting for the season) it would seem more likely than a trailer for IX.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    There Is some Disney Christmas Special on ABC some time this week could be a Star Wars Teaser Trailer on the Disney Holiday special we will see?

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Aladdin finished filming primary production in early 2018. And they finished reshoots this past August.

So it could be Aladdin.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The rumblings were coming from a massive herd of animals rushing to see Simba be held in the air and presented as the next king.

KSennia and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Sort of on topic.

Sony released the Spider-man Homecoming teaser on December 6 2016 for its July 2017 release.

Odds are that Sony will release Spider-man Far From Home teaser soon as well. (Also, the teaser will be in front of Into the Spider-verse in theaters by then)

So if you know the plot of Avengers Infinity War. Then you know that Marvel better release the Avengers 4 teaser before Sony releases the Spider-man Far From Home teaser.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  14. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Aladdin got its first teaser in the middle of October, I don't think they add another one this soon.

cerealbox likes this.
  15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Rumors are now that there will be an Artemis Fowl teaser tomorrow.

cerealbox likes this.
  16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Oh hai guys, long time no posting.

My - very, very reliable - sources* tell me there will be a teaser in April, followed by a Vanity Fair spread in May, a BTS reel in July/August, a final trailer in October, a release in December, and ruined childhoods in time for Christmas.

*The years 2015 and 2017

17. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    I'm still putting my hopes for 3 trailers and 1 BTS reel. They need to attach a second teaser trailer/trailer 1 for The Lion King in July and give us the final trailer in October.

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    A teaser has just come out today for Artemis Fowl so everybody here can stop hoping for an Episode IX teaser.

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    First scene (forest from above) recycled again from R1 [face_party]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Brilliant teaser. Having a film clearly aimed at children and families be narrated by Mercedes McCambridge from the Exorcist is just a class move.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I thought it was Tangina from Poltergeist’s evil chain-smoking twin.

22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Artemis Fowl will do somewhere between Nutcracker and Wrinkle in Time numbers. Probably similar to House With Clock In Its Walls.

Luke02 likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    First teaser trailer:

The Force Theme plays:

Title cards: Every saga has a beginning...
    • The final shot of TPM with the entire cast as Boss Nass is holding up the shiny ball (5 second shot each)
    • Anakin and Padme kissing and staring at the sunset after being married
    • Beru bringing baby Luke to Owen as they stare at the sunset
    ... a middle ...
    • Medal ceremony with the OT gang
    • Luke and Leia looking out the window of the medical frigate
    • OT gang in the Ewok village

... and an end.
    • Rey staring at Luke as he turns around
    • Leia and the crew on the MF
    The Force Theme stops and we just hear the following related sound effects.
    • The MF alarm blaring, crashing, and then exploding
    Star Wars: The Balance of the Force
    December 2018

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Naw Final shot gotta be either Kylo and the knights , Rey and her new saber or FG Luke or Anakin saying something Nostalgic or they troll and have a scene of FG Anakin "I STILL DONT LIKE SAND"

KSennia and TiniTinyTony like this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You don't think blowing up the Millennium Falcon will be a big enought **** you to the audience? LOL

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018