main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode V: Twilight of the Force II: A Father’s Fate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 5, 2019.

1. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    ooc: Had to keep it short, as I am on holiday

Galen Marek
    Shadowlands

„I can feel him.“ Galen whispered, but he was sure the old Jedi Master would hear him. He took his lightsaber from his belt and reached into the dark. „I can feel he is here.“ Galen closed his eyes to locate Darth Zorn and then looked at the egg-shaped cradle he had brought. The child was with Solo now and he hoped that he would get it to safety.

Han Solo
    Platform

„Xav, great you are here.“ He smiled. „GHive her the child.“ He nodded to the droid. „What?“ Xav was visibly surprised and Han winked at her. „Most important person on the planet and i trust only my best woman to babysit him. So glad you came.“ He grinned. „You cannot . . .“ Xav began. „I can and I very much am serious. Get him on the Falcon.“ Then he turned to Rumpy who had brought him to the platform. „I heard you can fly. I need a Co-pilot and I got a chair just the right size for a Wookiee. Your daddy‘s chair. You wanna have it?“ He gave him a dry smile and hoped the Wookiee would say yes. He could need a little Wookiee in that cockpit. The kid just belonged there.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @BobaMatt, @DarkLordoftheFins

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn
    Exegol and Kashyyyk, hard to say where he is nowadays

The Ring tried to force his will upon him and he smiled at it. These little things were nasty, but that was probably the nature of ancient Sith Magic. The Dwaathi symbol engraved into it spoke of the ancient origins of the powers he used. Yet power was measured in unseen quantities and he had always been powerful. The blood of his father made him that. Absorbing Mandalore had only accelerated his progress to gain absolute control over the unlimited powers of the Dark Side. Yet, these powers were still trying to devour his soul. It would take time to adjust, time he would have to give himself. Immortality, limitless power, eternal darkness. None of those came without a prize. Yet, he would not give the prize freely. The Dark Side would have to claim it from him. That was the nature of the darkness, that it consumed those giving in too freely, excluded those who shut it out and favored those who accepted it as a challenge. An eternal struggle. Nobody had ever come that close to Godhead. Not even the Sith Emperor, certainly not old Sidious. The last step to ascension was now close, so very close.

The Child.

Slowly he sat himself down in the throne and immediately he felt the fleet, connected to him through means of technology and alchemy. His orders were simple.

ATTACK.

He wanted not to outsmart the fleet protecting the system, no. He wanted them to see his power and despair. Fleets meant nothing anymore, but his whole plan based on them not understanding that until it was too late. So they should have their fleets and battles.

Organizing the Eternal Fleet into two waves, he unleashed the first on Kashyyyk for the single purpose of not allowing his prey to escape. The second wave would finish the enemy off once necessary. If it became necessary. The stupid Republic‘s fleet did not bother him. The Child, his son, that was all that counted now.

As the fleet began to execute his plan and would certainly be guided by the Star Destroyer he had send, he shifted his attention into his puppet. His consciousness melted into Jovan, his first and truest apprentice. He remembered the boy on Coruscant, opposing him and then kneeling to him. Greeting the new Sith Lord when fools like Palpatine and Wyyrlock had still denied him his rightful place.

He felt his flesh, his power complemented and finally replaced by Zorn‘s own. His hand grabbed the cold metal of the lightsaber the boy was wearing and Zorn sighed out in ecstasy as he felt the complete control over him. The thumb touched the lightsaber‘s activation button and it hissed into existence.

„Yes, now let us see what you are made of.“ He whispered. Reaching out with the force he felt they had gone into the depth, the so-called shadowlands. They thought they would have an advantage their. He was a master of shadows, while they merely adopted them. Stepping forward he did not have to tell his Sith to follow. They would feel they had to. Mace Windu was a man he had met in his early years, when he was still Luke. The old, grim Jedi Master had been the architect of the Jedi‘s war effort in the clone wars. A powerful Jedi, a great duelist and yet the man whose failure brought the Jedi Order to it’s knees. He would be an interesting challenge. Yet, the other one was truly who he was eager to meet. Galen Marek. A man he had only superficially registered as hunting some of his minor Sith. Now he had not only defeated his traitorous right hand and lover, but also had taken his son. Yet, he felt anger in him. A will to take life. Darkness. Power. Yes, he had power. Raw and not fully trained power. In many ways he reminded him of a young man he had been once. Not yet fully aware of his potential to bring change to the world around him, Zorn regretted he had to die. Had they met under other circumstances he might have been one of those rare enemies he turned and used for his own vision.

Today there was no turning, though. Today he wanted revenge. Today he wanted his son back!

Pushing the body he inhabited to become faster he made his way to the two presences and smiled in anticipation of the challenge awaiting him.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @BobaMatt

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett

The alarms woke Madelyn in her dreams before she was called.

She startled awake, and the wave of danger through the force was sharp and swift. She grabbed her darksaber, and leapt into action as she was called to the bridge, the cries for help tugging at her heart. Could they fight? The fleet was large, but was their will to stay alive larger? "Get anyone who can't fight out of the system!" Madelyn ordered over the chaos. "We need to fight back, but I don't want to lose my entire fleet and people in one go. We need to draw them away and distract them. Block their line of vision. Any ideas on how we can do that?" Madelyn asked quickly. She could use the force, but would that be effective enough?

They had to survive. She wouldn't see the Mandalorian people fall again. Even it it meant sacrificing herself in the process.

@Sinrebirth

IC: Leia-Skirata Linnett

Leia had found herself awake, exhausted late into the night after the news from her mother. But she was glad she was alive. Leia wondered if she had the force to thank for that. When she had drifted off, her dreams had the ghosts of people she knew, shadows flickering in the distance. She was startled out of it, only slightly by Master Katarn, and she wondered what it meant. He soon led her to the cockpit, and asked her to clear her mind.

She frowned, and allowed herself to connect to the force. Trying to find whatever was out there in The Maw. But it felt dark, void of life. And Leia shook her head, trying to peer harder into the force and into the expanse of space. "Master...I think someone needs help."

A cry for help. Somewhere. It had to be.

"Their close Master. But I don't think they have much time." Leia held onto that feeling of someone out there, but opened her eyes and looked up at her Master. "Maybe we should work together?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Jerjerrod-Lennox @QueenSabe7

4. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin, Galius Rax

Well it seems the X wing was on an investigative mission…

Drayson had sent a message that the X wing had followed up on a message from the Hutts. Several of their ships had disappeared and the New Republic decided to investigate. It seemed that these ships had met an uncertain fate. Whatever had snatched them or even destroyed them could still be here. It might have even gotten the X wing. She nodded at Beaumonts assessment of things.

The Jedi finally arrived and Qwi was glad for the backup. Good timing as the yachts sensors picked up something then a distress call came through. And there were two thoughts running through Qwi's head…

Was it real, or a trap?

Was it one of those ships? Or maybe it was whomever grabbed them trying to lure them in.

Then another message came through, this time from someone called Galius Rax. Asking to speak to the Imperial representative who knew about the Death Star and the Maw…..

She turned to Beaumont "Someone out there has either detected I'm here or knows I was coming here" she shook her head "This is getting stranger by the minute. Maybe this man knows what happened to this X wing or the Hutt ships. Maybe he's just blocking our way. Can't help to have a quick chat…I see anything funny we turn around and head back out"

She turned to the comm "This is Qwi Xux, former Imperial science officer. You seem to be broadcasting within the Maw. May I ask what you are doing in there?".

"Oh thank the Gods of the Force!" Rax said, relief filling his voice. "I am a cast-away! I have an ancient relic that a murderous Anzati is chasing for nefarious ends. He just slaughtered my crew - other Imperials who just wanted to be left alone."

Beaumont answered for him. "You've been raiding Hutt convoys."

"Yes! It seemed like the lesser of many evils, and we didn't want to upset the New Republic... thirty-three years we've sat here, panicking that the Empire or New Republic would find us... fourteen years ago, Deep Zone One was cleared out by a Director Krennic... but we were safe in Deep Zone Two... but no longer..."

In many ways, he was telling the truth. The First Order had kept to themselves for thirty-three years... and not done anything especially terrible save to relieve the Hutts of human slaves periodically... and of course enslave any nonhumans... but that wasn't something Rax would mention... nor the fleet he had been constructing at the orders of the late Palpatine... who had never come to collect the First Order.

"I had no choice but to gamble that a Hutt ship would be passing by... but an actual Imperial! How amazing. Tell me - is the war over?" Rax sounded hopeful, as if the Maw colonists had been all-but isolated for all this time. "We found out from Hutt slaves about the New Republic, but we daren't reach out in-case the Empire struck us... we know so little... and we've lost so much..."

Qwi was still skeptical regarding things, especially since Galius had basically said he had raided the Hutt convoys. Plus if there was a mad Anzati on the loose in the Maw then she was going nowhere near that one. And what part of former Imperial science officer did he not understand?.

“The galaxy has been in peace for fourteen years” she explained “The New Republic and the former Empire now Imperial Remnant are now allies. Your Anzati friend sounds as dangerous as a new threat that has entered the galaxy. They call themselves the Yuuzhan Vong and they have one aim, convert us to their religion or die” she didn't explain that Thrawn was about trying to remake the Empire “They are the biggest threat the galaxy has faced well I suppose ever. We are heading into the Maw to try and find a way to stop them. I myself am a former Imperial science officer who worked on the Death Star and I am helping the New Republic now.”

Qwi didn't explain either what they were about to do with all the bits and pieces they had since this was a total stranger “I am sorry regarding your predicament but if you have something this Anzati really wants we cannot risk bringing it with us, we have essentially a separate mission and we are at the moment heading in whilst you it seems are heading out” she said at the moment as she was about ready to turn around and head back out after what she had seen and heard here.

“You didn't have anything to do with an X wing being destroyed did you….”

"An X-wing? No, not at all," Rax said, desperate to please. "My crew are all dead, so it's just me and a single ship." He sounded genuinely upset. "I'll leave the artifact behind if you want - can I leave the Maw? I don't want to get in your way - I just want out."

Beaumont sounded concerned. "I'm sure we can handle one Anzati... but even if we could, this is a little odd. He's a war criminal, I suppose, so we'd best pick him up before he causes any trouble..."

"We could just turn the problem over to Drayson, of course," Beaumont continued, "but he seems to want to keep you involved in the decision making process and, well, happy."

Was Beaumont having a dig at her? She didn't know but there was an enormous weight upon her shoulders. Drayson was essentially enabling her to make the big decisions but she was no leader, neither did she want to be. She was used to working in a team of course but there was always the fear that you or your colleagues could be next for the chop if you did something wrong.

Meanwhile this Galius...she was still not sure about him. Pascale would have scooped up that artefact in an instant but she wasn't him. Unless she could look at it scientifically then it was no use to her. Unless Beaumont of course wanted it but he had mentioned nothing about it whilst talking to her. And the added bonus was there was an Anzati hiding around here and she was not going to end up as someone's meal if this Anzati wanted to cause waves.

She muted their end of the comm to Rax and turned her head to look at Beaumont “We need Drayson’s take on this, see if you can send him a message or something of what we know so far or hopefully he is listening in. He’s military so he might have a better idea of whether we should proceed forward or not. But I am not liking this thing one bit. If we let this Imperial go he could find Thrawn and help him and I want to blunt Thrawn every chance we get from either finding me or expanding the Empire”

“Second of all if we have an Anzati in there and if he wants out then that could be dangerous for us if we proceed in or let him out. If he is a war criminal he deserves to stay in here and rot, even if we capture him do you think he will come quietly?” she shook her head “This mission is looking like a bust already. Even with the Jedi as backup I don’t know if they will realise if this is all one big death trap”

She raised an eyebrow “I’d like to hear your thoughts on this, maybe the others too if they are hearing this” she narrowed her eyes “And I am no leader but it looks like I have been made it unofficially….”

"I agree about making sure we take custody of Rax. We can't have an Imperial running off to Thrawn right now. He'd tell them about us. We should capture him - I bet Jyn and Benthic will be happy to handle that bit."

"But we do need this base... by all accounts, the Yuuzhan Vong and Thrawn's people are poking around inside the New Republic..." Beaumont looked at the Jedi ship. "A Knight would be able to handle an Anzati, after all." He looked annoyed. "It's not ideal but we're here now and this is our best chance."

He laughed slightly. "Unless you want to try the Unknown Regions?"

Qwi nodded “I agree on Rax, this would be right up Jyn’s alley” she had to smile at that “let’s hope he doesn't put up too much of a fight. We’ll keep him here in the Maw, call it solitary confinement because as you say if he gets out and escapes he will dive straight for Thrawn, and the New Republic cannot afford to have two Imperials on the loose”

Qwi then frowned “But I would like to bypass this Anzati, if Katarn and Leia fail we have no protection or the Anzati could grab their ship and head out. And that could spell more trouble for the New Republic. We need the base yes but we also need to protect ourselves. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And I will not risk this project just to grab some mad Anzati. If the Jedi go, we go, simple as that. And I would rather see this war out alive than dead and do something that saves the galaxy, not dooms it. Get a message to Jyn and Drayson, i’ll keep Galius busy”

She unmuted the comm to Rax “Unfortunately the galaxy is a really dangerous place right now and if you get out? You may not like what you find. The Vong are coming and they will not stop until the whole galaxy is conquered. The only way anyone is coming back out again is when we find a way to defeat these monsters. You can help lead us safely to the Maw Installation, we need someone else to make sure we bypass your mad Anzati friend”

Rax paused. "The Vong? Never heard of them. But!" His voice raised happily. "I can certainly guide you to the Maw Installation remnants." He paused. "I imagine it would be simple enough to leave some debris in the way of Deep Zone Two, and the Anzati will be trapped - and die out of starvation."

The Imperial liked that. "You have a deal!" Beaumont was already tapping out a message - he sent it to Jyn first - and her shuttle began to move almost immediately into the Maw. Drayson for his part was on the line; but not the one Qwi had access to.

Beaumont reached for a headset and switched it on, and began speaking to the Admiral. The gist that Qwi could hear was that Drayson wanted to make sure that Galius Rax never escaped the Maw; that it was essential that they find him.

"Good" Qwi answered, she had one ear on Rax and the other on what Beaumont was doing "Perhaps the X wing wreckage could be enough to stop the Anzati from escaping. Meanwhile your help would be appreciated in reaching the Maw Installation. We will hopefully be with you shortly, perhaps send us your location so me and my colleagues can find you and provide assistance. Your help will be suitably rewarded…"

She then shut off the comm to Rax "With a nice cell for you to sit in" she growled. Qwi turned tk Beaumont "Hopefully Jyn will find him and disable his ship before we get there or at least we can have him lead us to the Maw Installation and trap him there. Drayson is right ee cannot let him out".

She turned back around "Let 's see if we can take some of this X wing debris with us, and then hopefully we will have no more surprises".

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael , @QueenSabe7

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Qi’ra Ananke, the Destructor
    Deep Zone Three (Vitae), The Maw

Ananke breathed in at the sight of it – a world, the world, beginning to peak out into view as the Aurora entered the clearing that was Deep Zone Three. It was just as tumultuous here as it was out in the Maw proper, but in a very different sense. There was an order to the chaos, an extreme concentration of dark power, a reality that was not known anywhere else but this place.

The Destructor know about it all.

Names danced around her mind as if they were as intimate as family, but she had never actually known them in life. And yet there they were in her thoughts, their stories playing out like a holo news reel she had seen countless times before. Abeloth was among them, prominently so, and Ananke’s lips curled into a sneer.

She settled herself then, curtailing the overwhelming strength of the Force here and how it could distract her if she allowed it. Stretching her muscles to release the build up of tension since her arrival, her eyes traveled the large debris field that encapsulated the planet within, the home of the Ones. By look and feel alone, she could easily sense the technology used in the proverbial net and how high-end it was. A shield to keep unwanted guests out? Or to hold those daring enough to make it to the surface in?

The yacht’s controls did her bidding with a simple suggestion from her mind, and with all countermeasures remaining active and shields at full strength, Ananke pushed ahead and chose to travel down into the mayhem. She stayed put before the massive viewport and reached out into the Force for guidance, trusting the darkness she had become so irrevocably entwined with to keep her on a safe trajectory in. She could already picture the Pool of Knowledge that held her attention the most, and just what it may tell her, the parts of her puzzle that were still missing.

TAGS: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

6. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Making decisions as to what to do, with @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael and Abeloth
    Decisions

Bernael listened to Rax’s transmission, a small smile touching his face. He may not be able to track the man himself because of the Black Coat but the man had let his ship’s position to be known with that transmission. ”So let’s do as many of those things as possible at once. Our old foe only said we couldn’t acquire the wayfinder, he never said we couldn’t follow the ship. In a moment I’ll raise more of the FO and we can hunt down that new body for you.”

As he spoke he tapped out a series of commands to his Fury. Looking out the viewscreen of the hangar control room he saw one of his stealthed probes flash out from inside his Fury. [color= “808000]”Him continuing to talk to the newcomers means he’s still able to be tracked, and that little probe was just told to stay stealth but follow him and stay in range if not attach to his ship and then relay back the flight path it takes. So whatever he may be headed to we can find out.”[/color]

He reached out, raising the bodies of the hangar crew and a complement of officers and troops to give the appearance of an ordered military force, one that would act with just enough combat prowess to show the newcomers that the distress was real from the call and give them a reason to attempt to save the ‘helpless victims’.

Gesturing to his ship, ”Ladies first, we have a new body for you to obtain.”

Abeloth swept by, clearly adopting her fixated gaze. There was a curdling in the Force, and she peered at her stomach. "The child is Force sensitive..." She looked bemused. "If I had the patience, I would take it now, but a handful of cells is immaterial to me."

She glowered at Bernael. "Congratulations," she said sarcastically.

Bernael chuckled and left the control room. He approached his Fury, entering, and headed to the flight deck. Once there he directed the pilot AI to return them to Zone Three, where the Force presence was located, bring them back to Abeloth’s world.

Once she was onboard, the ship lifted and began the journey and he returned to where she was. ”Sense anything more about she who get’s your teeth on edge? Anything that could give us even more of an edge. I just sense her Force presence and that she does have strength in the Dark Side, otherwise, there’s something else there but not sure yet what it is.”

Abeloth groused. "She has the Dagger of Mortis. The only thing which could kill me. She feels like the current of the Force that is running through the new galaxy. She has more knowledge than she should." For a moment, she was small and vulnerable. "She is as dangerous as you; if not more. If I look at her, I see the entire galaxy unwound, reality disassembled... I cannot flow-walk more than a few seconds forward to peer what could happen."

Another pause.

"There is no future."

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @TheSilentInfluence, @Jerjerrod-Lennox

Abeloth and QueenSabe7 like this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ka'rta
    Ord Mantell

The ragtag armada had strengthened over the night, their quick invasion of the planet dug in deeper. It was now there's at least until they left it. Ka'rta spent the night on her ship floating among the gathered ships. She was curled up on her bed, a bed she used to share with her cyar'ika, her love. It felt cold and empty, her hand brushed over the space where he should have been. There was a hole, a deep pit in her heart, a place that used to be filled with him. Now it was just empty, and no amount of anger was going to fill it, there wasn't a level of molten rage that could take the place of the only person she loved so deeply.

Tears started to sting her eyes, tears of loss, of pain, of an emotion she couldn't show, not in front of anyone. She was the leader, the firebrand of this mission of revenge. There was no place for tears, no place for sadness. She had to turn those tears into fire, into blood spilt by mandalorian iron. Sniffling a little she rubbed her eyes, drying her tears. It was time to fight. As she put on her armor, her heart hardened, the fire of her anger lit up in her chest. The deep red armor, the color of old blood, reminded her of what she was. She was a warrior, a mercenary feared from one end of the galaxy to the other, nothing would stand in her way, vengeance would be hers. Tucking her helmet under her arm she looked to the empty bed, closing her eyes and locking away her loss, bashising the tears she wanted to shed.

No longer could she be the heart broken widow, now she had to be the leader, the Alor that would lead this group to victory. Sliding the helmet on she lifted her chin and set her jaw. The flame of vengeance burned bright in her. The empty bed the reminder of what was taken from her, of what she would take from everyone else.

She turned her head to Owen as she took a Briefing with her council. Looking at the data then to the man she once considered a father, she was unchanged.

"We will send a message to them. If they can join us at Entralla, then we can end this completely. Send the message to all the diaspora. Tell them that I am leading the way to vengeance, to final victory over this monster. And they may join me, or be cowards and hide away. Their choice."

There was only a twinge of sadness as she thought of Madelyn, of her Vode. But Madelyn had made her choice, she chose to stay behind, this mess was her own creation, she could see her own way out. Ka'rta was done acting on her orders, carrying out her will. It was time she acted for herself, time she took control of her own destiny.

"Will that be all?" she ask in a cold sinister tone that chilled the air.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Tor
    Undercity

Tor followed Fett around for a little while moving upstairs with him and finding it much more agreeable than the lower floor. Not that she was a spoiled princess, her mother made sure that she grew up as utilitarian as she had. The girl could sleep anywhere on anything, an important trait when you didn't know when your next proper bed would be.

When the elder hunter instructed her to sleep she found the couch and curled up on it. She shook only a little, the smell of ozone clinging to her reminding her of the life she'd taken. It was at once horrifying and exciting. A man was dead yes, by her hand certainly, but she couldn't deny the feeling that shot through her, that made her feel more alive. It was a strange dichotomy, possibly something her mother could have told her about. However her mother wasn't here, she was lightyears away. All she had was an old, bitter, clone of a bounty hunter, who had no interest in sitting down and talking with her.

She held her legs tighter pulling them closer to her chest suddenly feeling cold, and alone. This was the first time she'd ever been away from her family. She'd been off planet for sure, but she'd never been without them. For the first time in her life she was out in the galaxy without anyone she knew.

Again it was exciting, finally being out on her own. But also terrifying. No one was coming to save her should she fail, the Almighty Hand of the Mandalor wasn't going to swoop in and rescue her. All she had was her training and a borrowed blaster. Eventually the nerves faded and she fell asleep. She didn't know how long she was out but found herself awakened by Fett kicking her couch. As she stirred he threw her a strange grey medallion, and a helmet. Seeing the same grey medallion on his chest she took the hint and put the chain around her neck, followed by the helmet. It fit well, but was just a little heavy for her. Though there wasn't time to complain.

Soon enough and she was climbing up the shafts heading towards the Senate Building. It was painfully quiet until Fett started speaking. He talked of his past of working for the Chancellor, and for a dark lord.

"All of galactic history is a play between the Sith and the Jedi. Remember that. Every single conflict comes down to that."

This turned her head, just a little. She could recall something her mother used to tell her.

"We are just weapons Ad'ika, weapons used in the battles started by others, and ended by others. All we do is pick a side and fight."

She had thought that meant mercenaries, those paid to fight others battles, though part of her mind started to apply it here. The last war, the one before she was born, was fought because the sith threatened to overpower the jedi, and her mom and aunt were dragged into it. They had no say in if the war was fought, they just fought it.

They picked their side, and fought.

As they came closer Fett stopped her letting another group slide past them. She knew to keep quiet, to make herself small in the shadows. The first rule of hunting was never let the prey see you until it was too late. She kept silent until the group had passed her by though she hear Fett, giving him just a small nod.

"Your true verd'goten is about to begin."

She swallowed hard, taking a breath. This was it, her trial, she always expected her mother to be here, to be leading her through this test. But this was something she'd looked forward for so long. Now it was here, she wasn't going to back out.

"Buir," She spoke softly into the built in comm, reaching out to her mother, the one person she wanted to be here. "I'm still alive, sorry for not telling you sooner. But, I'm about to hunt down my first bounty...isn't that amazing, just like you. I'll be back soon, I promise, and I'll come back a Mandalorian, just like you."

She sent the message through the holo-net a slight nervous smile on her face. Looking up to Fett she gave another nod, she was ready to go.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @darthhelinith

8. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nola Deidder
    Staff quarters, Nubian Embassy, Senate district, Coruscant

Del didn't answer; indeed, he didn't speak to her for the rest of the night.

Nola was frustrated and annoyed by the silent treatment, but she also knew better than to press him. Sleep that night was somewhat sporadic, and she wasn't even sure if Del ever actually came to bed.

He was up well before her, and had breakfast and cafe ready by the time she emerged from their bedroom. A datapad was sitting at her place--directly opposite her husband.

Oh, boy. Del NEVER sat across from anyone, so it was quickly, glaringly obvious that something was up.

Nola sat down and poured herself a cup of cafe, saying nothing while she looked at the datapad. Messages between Norin and Del, going back at least a couple of years--some were regarding Mrs. Graul, some covered other matters: missing shipments, conspiracies, assassinations...

What was Norin doing--what had he dragged Del into?

Suddenly Nola didn't wonder so much why he hadn't told her about Mrs. Graul.

"What is this?" She asked, more concerned now than angry. "All this isn't just about Aryan, is it? What is Norin really trying to do?"

IC: Chancellor Feyna Organa
    Aboard the Home One, Anaxes

She would have liked to take some more time with Isolder to work out just how much to tell the press--Feyna tried to be as open and honest with the media and the public as possible, but security was a thing, so there was such a thing as being too open, too honest. But with only three hours until Shevu's meeting with Aryan Graul, there wasn't a lot of time for discussion.

Winter had reported that there was some level of discontent rising on Coruscant, and people were starting to whisper. Surprisingly, the HoloNet hadn't yet gotten word of Mandalore or Metellos, though Feyna wasn't sure if this was good or bad. People were already afraid, after Thrawn's attack, but it felt so wrong to try to tell everyone that all was well, when it so clearly wasn't.

She did not intend to make any mention of the Yuuzhan Vong--their arrival was not imminent, so there was no point scaring people more--or "Pedric Cuf's" attempt on her life. She did make a note for herself though, to look into the Osarian situation; without him to stir up trouble, perhaps that would start to calm down.

The extra clothes in Feyna's overnight bag had been intended for a casual one-night getaway, not a press conference, but her green travel dress was at least presentable enough for a brief appearance. Her hair was half-up in a bun, with the rest in a simple plait. Perhaps not as elaborate as she usually would be with a public appearance, but still professional. She wasn't planning on this taking very long.

The reporters and holo-cams were waiting when she arrived in the arranged press-room.

"Greetings, everyone. I apologize for the time it's taken me to speak with you about yesterday's events; several new developments in the hours after Thrawn's attack required immediate attention, resulting in the long delay..."

She briefly recapped the assault before offering reassurances to the citizens of Coruscant; Thrawn would never have been able to take the capital with only a single fleet, the capital's defenses were more than a match for such a force, and they now had the added layer of protection from having the fleet in orbit. She made certain to thank Drayson and Piett for their leadership during the attack, and though she did not publicly identify Thrawn's ships as the Katana fleet, she did clarify that Thrawn's fleet was not connected to the Remnant (hoping to prevent any premature retaliation against that sector), and stressed that the Republic was keeping a lookout.

She didn't go into a great deal of detail about Mandalore and Metellos, only stating that both worlds had been attacked, that neither currently appeared to be connected to Thrawn, and that the Republic was investigating. She knew that revealing these other attacks would create more fear, but to not acknowledge them at all felt worse.

She couldn't tell people not to be concerned, but she gently urged the people not to let themselves be driven or divided by fear. Thrawn already thought the Republic was too disjointed and disorganized to survive. She announced that Nouane had petitioned for membership, and emphasized the need to come together, to work together to overcome Thrawn.

Finishing up, she thanked the reporters and exited the room, leaving no opportunity for questions.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Joren Sole
    Kashyyyk Plattform

The Erevana was almost too massive for the platform, but it fitted. Joren had his gloves on as he approached the ship and ignored the crew mostly. „Do not stand in my way when I get out.“ He finally said and hurried to his ship still sitting there waiting for his return. The Golden Path was fast, agile and moderately armed. He would prefer it the piece of chunk Solo felt such an affection for any day. He climbed into the cockpit, secured it and began to prepare for launch. „Solo, got my ship. What is the plan? there seems to be a battle up there, but I guess it is not truly any of our business. Shall we keep the plan surface clean and protect the Wookiees? I think they do not deserve another bombardment.“

Tag: @Lawbreaker, @Sinrebirth

darthbernael likes this.
  10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    A darthhelinith, darthbernael and Sinrebirth C-c-c-c-c-combo!
    IC: Vhardia, Jedi Knight, Renn, Avatar of Light, Shara, pilot

What is down here?

As Renn was considering the messages and Shara’s request, he heard the laugh. Keeping his back to her he began scanning the tunnels with his mind, trying to pinpoint the source of the laugh. Calling over her shoulder, ”Shara is with the Jedi Order as you are so I’d say that’s your call but it's becoming more and more apparent that Ike could make us chase him until whatever, and it feels extremely dark, is in or near the Maw, emerges and begins to destroy the galaxy further. Perhaps passing on what we know and have someone trustworthy root him, and whoever he reports to in the Senate, out and capture him. We must get to the Maw however we can.”

His senses continued to rove around, set to alert him the moment they felt anything, to give them both the best chance against whatever it was. ”Whatever idiot put some dark enhance creation down here certainly did their job, so we need to find the nearest exit or we could be it’s next lunch.”

Vhardia felt stuck. She hated to let Ike get away but it seemed pressing on was likely to quickly become politically complex. Her skill set, while powerful at times, lacked the subtleties required for senate business. Moreover, whilst Solo had to be brought to justice, the Maw issue was becoming increasingly pressing, ever since BB-8's destruction. Just thinking of that still stung painfully.

Her fist clenched and she grit her teeth, but despite her heightened emotional state, even she could recognise the goading nature of Ike's call, trying to distract, entangle.
    She used the stability of Renn's presence to refocus and gain control of her emotions again.
    "You didn't have to come with us on this stupid chase, and you've saved my life at least twice, I'll come with you to the Maw. It'll do more good than hanging out here at any rate."
    She looked around, looking for a way out.
    "Maybe if we just head up," she pointed, "that'll get us somewhere. We can get Shara to meet us at the surface."

In his shifted form a lopsided smile crossed Renn’s face and he looked where Vhardia indicated. ”Then let’s get to the surface asap.”

In his lizardlike form Renn began swarming up the access tubes, keeping his senses stretched out to warn them if the dark presence in the tubes approached. Twisting his head slightly to look back at her, ”First one to the surface gets dibs on the best candy I have left.”

He chuckled then dug claws into the metal of the shaft, pulling himself upward even faster. Behind he knew she’d be gearing up to figure out how to pass him. As he sped upward the sense of darkness receded slowly and the shafted began to become clearer to see in and occasional breezes of fresh air flowed into them, growing stronger as he moved.

"Hey no fair!" Vardi called up behind him, as she continued to look for her own way up.
    She began leaping with large force jumps between areas where she could grip onto things, sometimes flinging across gaps between large pipes, or gripping onto taut cabling and leaping up to lang on ledges and metal walkways.
    Chasing the tail of Renn, literally, she couldn't help but laugh, and once she was laughing, it was hard to stop.

Renn heard the laughter behind him and it made him begin to laugh as well, it had been a very long time since he’d had such fun and it seemed no matter the adventure he and Vhardia had found themselves in so far they still managed to find some humor in it. Looking back he saw that she was using the Force to jump large distances to close the gap he’d developed.

”Ahhh, using the Force are we?” he teasingly asked.

The tail of this form swished faster as he climbed higher and soon he began to hear the sounds of the bustle near the Senate Plaza as he approached. Picking up speed he sensed her closing even more, as the floor of the plaza, the ceiling of their climb started to come into view.

Vhardia tapped into her com, sending a homing signal to Shara as she sprung from pillar to post.
    "Well not all of us can shapeshift. I had to even the odds."
    With a michievious grin, she deliberately reached out and grabbed Renn's tail, using it to climb up him to reach her next leverage point.

The Otana swung down to the highest location they made. Shara dutifully notifying Coruscant Security of their mission. She lowered the ramp, and hung the ship ready for them to leap aboard; she was used to assisting Jedi and their fly-by pick-ups, but she held the YT-2000 steady for them.

Vhardia grabbed Renn’s lizard tail as the grate raced toward them. ”Ohhh, using me as leverage to get higher now are we?” he teasingly asked. Reaching out as the grate was almost within arms reach he sent a wave of Force ahead, making the grate pop out of the hole it covered.

Whipping the tail back and forth as she held on, he felt her grip loosen on an upswing. Laughing, he felt her right next to his head as they both flew through the opening, at high speed. Shifting quickly, he regained his normal form just as both of them tumbled onto the landing ramp of the YT-2000.

Rolling further up so he didn’t fall, his laughter deepened and he reached out a hand to Vhardia to help her into the ship. Turning his head for a moment he called over his shoulder, ”I hope you got that tunnel exit on holo because there’s a bet riding on who got out first and I couldn’t tell, Shara.”

Vardi rolled across the ramp but pulled herself into an upright landing with help from the force. She took Renn's hand, looking slightly sheepish, as they clambered into the ship.
    "Sorry about grabbing your tail, that was playing kinda dirty. I just got a little carried away."
    Her hair was escaping from its ponies and she began to shove it back into them, a little heavy handed.

Shara shook her head at them. "I can't really condone a Jedi using another as a pulley... but clearly Vhardia won that, right?" She clicked a button, and the ramp lifted up behind them. Shara tapped another control, and the ship began to move into orbit. "I preprogrammed a course past the gun platforms - all approved by Grandmaster Ood Bnar..." She paused. "Did we want to give a Report to him? He's apparently send the entire Order out to major worlds across the New Republic, to look for gaps in the Force... after a personal meeting with the Chancellor herself."

It had been a mad twenty-four hours.

"And then... we go after BB-8?"

Renn laughed and turned to Vhardia, ”It appears she sided with you, Craziness. So...” he took the bag of candy from his belt and tossed it to her, accepting defeat in the race to the surface.

The report from Shara caught his attention, ”Gaps in the Force? Does that mean there are sentient beings out there that have no Force presence, ones that could be a threat to the galaxy.” He thought about his studies many years ago but couldn’t recall immediately if there were any such species that he’d learned about. But such a species could prove most troubling if they decided to invade Known Space.

Looking back over to Vhardia, ”Any official report ought to come from you but we did both agree that the chase for Ike needs to be taken up by those that can’t combat what I sensed out there. You can let Ood know that his old friend Renn does need the clearance to reach the Maw, without Hutt interference as it feels like there is something out there I must face.”

Vhardia nodded at Shara, catching the half opened bag of Fruit Twists in one hand.
    "Patch me through to Master Ood, Shara. He may well want to explain more."
    She looked at Renn. "Depending on what he says, this may be where we have to part ways."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Lawbreaker (mentioned only)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Krysta Agate
    Commanding the New Republic fleet, aboard the Unity, Battle of Kashyyyk

Alaris Prime was gone, the colony erased, for all intents and purposes. The armada was advancing - a first wave sent by its Dark Lord to wash away Kashyyyk - and the New Republic advanced, launching a swarm of starfighters. The innumerable battlecruisers had no fighter coverage, but they were fast, crossing the distance across the system in swift. Agate's eyes were ablaze as she tried to cover everything that was going-on. They were now being jammed, so whoever was here clearly wanted to keep them here. There were no interdictors, but she couldn't afford to send ships away. The red-trim Star Destroyer was holding position, it's own TIE variants creating a protective shield around it - no, wait, they were advancing on the planet - at least half of the fighters defending the Destroyer, using high-powered lasers to cut through defenders on their way into orbit. Six squadrons - seventy-two TIE Daggers; they headed for the Shadowlands, ignoring the Wookiees rising up; Pryde's contribution to the battle.

Then Madelyn Linnett reached out to her, and the New Republic officer seized upon it. She had shouted orders to her Mandalorians, and Agate strode up as the Unity's weapons spat fire, blowing apart an enemy battlecruiser - another slotted into the space in formation swiftly. "Definitely a droid fleet, she said," Agate muttered as she reached Madelyn. "Mandalore, thank you for the support."

She eyed the Star Destroyer as an aide rushed up. "Sir, the jamming is coming from the Star Destroyer." It was half as large as the Imperial Star Destroyer, and she showed the data to Madelyn. "Do you think the Mandalorians can take it out... I appreciate this isn't your fight, but we're in trouble here."

"I have no idea what's going on in the Shadowlands, but we're outmatched... unless you think we should spare something to head down there?"

The Force was darkening; there was a confrontation down in the depths of Kashyyyk on-going - a clash of light and dark. For a brief moment, Madelyn could sense it all; a coiling and uncoiling of energy connecting the Wookiees that were sending every fighter, armed freighter and swoop into the air, the New Republic defenders, and even the Star Destroyer. The Force didn't touch upon the droid armada - it couldn't - but for that moment Madelyn would feel her understanding of the engagement ascend. She could see through the New Republic forces - what ships were panicked, some which were cut-off, fighter squadrons which were desperate for guidance but didn't have the context to act -

She had never seen a battlefield in this context, and now she could see it all.

Had she always had this gift?

Was this the ancient gift of battle meditation?

Agate snapped out orders for the Third Fleet to split into three segments, with the Unity holding in the largest - the center formation. The other two became wings, catching the enemy fleet in a cross-fire.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @LordTroepfchen
    ---

Above the city closed to the Shadowlands

The skies above the Eravana were full of distant screams - some seventy red-trim TIEs; the new TIE Dagger appearing for its first true combat test.[​IMG]
    TIE Dagger, the Sith Eternal fighter of choice

The Golden Path would make orbit as Wookiee fighters rushed up to join them. Owool fighters and even a smattering of Wookiee fluttercraft and jet catamarans that rose up from the treeline. Many Wookiees were hunters, and it showed. If it was tactical suicide to attack Mandalore, it was doubly so here. The entire species was able to fight, and it would.

In short order, Joren had a good dozen Owool's forming up on him, rumbling requests for strategies, or guidance. Because he was among the first in the air, it seemed as if he was almost in charge, at least for now, and for this portion of the battle.

Lucky him.

Lumpy woofed happily, rushing to the seat his father had once took. The Sith had not replaced much within the Falcon, at least, just the paint-drop. He was already tapping buttons and had donned the co-pilot headset; his father had showed him the ropes during his brief stop on Kashyyyk... back then. He felt fear rise in his blood - but he knew now, years after, that Mas Amedda had tracked something within the Crystal here, and that was how he'd found his mighty father... and how Maul had slew him.

It had been a slow mystery to unravel, but Chewbacca's son had had fourteen years to put it altogether. The gut-wrenching twist and treachery of the last war... it had all came down to here.

He would have to speak to Han one day about it.

Xaverri was still struggling with Ben, the child that was the entire reason for the entire battle. She stole a kiss from Han as she rushed up the ship. Huyang looked forlorn, if possible for a droid, and sketched a salute to them. "Captain Solo. May the Force be with you."

The droid clanked to the edge of the platform, spied Galen Marek, Lowbacca and Mace Windu... and everything else coming.

He jumped off the platform, but the treeline meant that the Sith would meet the enemy unevenly.

Some would meet Galen; some would Windu.

Any moment now.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Lawbreaker, @BobaMatt, @LordTroepfchen
    ---
    IC: Prince Isolder

Anaxes, aboard the Home One, exiting

The majority of the press stood, silently acknowledging the Chancellor, but a few shouted questions.

What about the reported absence of Ambassador Yarmond?

Did you know about Senator Graul of Nubia demanding the shield be dropped to return to the planet and endangering countless lives?

Do you intend to use Thrawn to pursue your own case against Aryan Graul?

What of the rumours that the Jedi have been dispatched to comb the galaxy for Thrawn's base?

Isolder looked at each of them, noted the station they represented, and assured himself he would dismiss them from future conferences. Then, he drew the door shut. "I think that was pretty much all they needed to know. Well done, Feyna." He knew that she didn't enjoy speeches, often feeling like she sermonising, or perhaps talking at people, rather than to, but nonetheless she was a brilliant orator, and not a one of her addresses had been criticised being wooden and detached.

Generally, she was one of the most beloved politicians in recent memory, even beyond Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Bel Iblis or even Padme Skywalker. All were long gone now, but everyone treated Feyna as the natural successor to them all - as the Princess of Alderaan and now the New Republic Chancellor, initially by proclamation by the gathered nations after the war, and later as ratified by her first landslide elections.

He had all of this in mind as he followed her to the hangar, where a shuttle and escort was prepared for them. "So, what's the plan, Chancellor?"

TAG: @JediMasterAnne
    ---
    IC: Del

Private rooms of him and Nola, Nubian Quarter, Coruscant

"What is this?" She asked, more concerned now than angry. "All this isn't just about Aryan, is it? What is Norin really trying to do?"

"It happened after he came back with Lyz and Arek's body," Del admitted. He wasn't going to hold anything back. "Lyz, she had this pendant she wore; it was secretly a recording device. She used to film her conversations with Aryan... to send to Norin." Del swallowed. "Norin recognised it on her body, and he made sure it was passed to him before she was cremated."

He pushed his datapad over, and tapped a button. A hologram appeared.

It played out the discussion between Lyz, Arek, Aryan, and the war criminal Qi'ra Ananke. They had been standing by a mirror in a cave on Ach-To... and through the mirror had spoken a Man in Black. He spoke of how things were supposed to be, apologising for what he'd done. The recording wasn't all that clear, and it referenced timelines, and alternate realities.

"He became obsessed with it," Del said. "He refused to hand it over to the Chancellor, saying that only he could be trusted with Lyz's Epitaph, he said..." The guard looked down at the table, clearly replaying conversations over in his head. "He thought if our story had gone off on a diversion... that he could find another version where it all had worked out... for him, for Arek... for his wife, too."

He indicated his datapad. "There's a lot of occult lore on here. It's scary stuff. He spent a lot of credits researching this... a man named Ike Sera gave him a lot of guidance... supplied him with artefacts, and little titbits. Norin exchanged Senate security codes and access for more knowledge. I was gathering a dossier to have him impeached... but I didn't expect him to actually find an Arek and prove he was right... nor did I expect Aryan Graul to rock up on Coruscant as the Senator of Bakura..."

Del paused. "What do you want to do?"

TAG: @JediMasterAnne
    ---

Undercity, on the way up

The message that Tor sent to Ka'rta, it would reach her, yes, but Boba Fett simply led the young girl through the sewers into the underside of the Senate tower. The lower levels were unoccupied; kept free for new members of the Senate, so the quarters could be taken over later. That allowed the bottom-most levels to be used by whomever could pay, but there was a single way in and Fett knew it.

He paused as he hefted himself up the gap between two walls - a black spot on the plans - and he glanced at the scuff-marks. He looked down at Tor, about to tell her that someone had recently gone through this way, when a coil of metal looped around his throat. He lifted his hands up to hold them between his neck and the - whip? - and was yanked back, cursing and strangling.

A singsong voice sounded down the hole. "Come on up... I can't sense you... but I can hear you..."

Ike had been conscious of the two Jedi following him, but hadn't expected to find a Mandalorian, let alone two.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    IC: Shara Dameron

Coruscant low orbit, Otana, holding position

The communique was connected promptly, and Ood Bnar was there on the screen. Shara stiffened, trying not to salute, as was her want to do in the military, but she managed not to. The Grandmaster glanced over, but took in Vhardia and Renn. "You failed, I gather, to apprehend Ike Sera."

"Shara appraised me," he said into the brief silence. "Matters have moved on, and war criminal Han Solo is the least of our worries. I gather that BB-8 was intercepted by unknown forces by the Maw, and another New Republic team queried." He paused, unsure whether to notify them of the Maw mission in full. "Suffice to say, they are concerned, as am I."

He regaled them with the threat; that Thrawn had struck the capital to flush out alien assassins; infiltrators known as the Yuuzhan Vong. Some had been killed, some had been captured, and samples of their biotechnology had been seized. "One quirk of their nature is that they cannot be sensed in the Force; they are voids to it. As such it is possible, we hope, to pick out the enemy. With that in mind, I've dispatched Jedi across the New Republic to key worlds and places..."

"I intended to send Vhardia to Kashyyyk..." his voice trailed off. "But I sense that you have plans of your own. A calling, perhaps, from the Force."

TAG: @darthhelinith, @darthbernael (combo)
    ---
    IC: Owen

Ord Mantell, and then Entralla

He had nothing else to say, and the fleet swelled with more and more supporters, and Ord Mantell's population was brutally suppressed. Owen knew that Ka'rta wouldn't care... that she had became the leader that Death Watch had craved since before the Siege of Mandalore... he could see the light had left her, and Owen could only stay here and keep her safe.

He snapped his datapad shut. "Nothing else, Mandalore."

With that, he stepped away.

The Mandalorian fleet reached the edge of the Entralla system, hovering a light-minute away from the world, having expertly evaded all manner of Imperial patrol route. The system would be a tough-nut to break, but they took a moment. Ka'rta's council had all the details in hand. Mandalorians were everywhere, taking high-end jobs and being handed top-secret data to strike down the foes of governments. With Thrawn's data overlaid, they knew everything about Moff Eccressys and the board of Kuat-Entralla Systems... including, they thought, his location.

Either he was aboard the Enforcer, the namesake of the Enforcer-class heavy cruiser, a ceremonial warship now but still six hundred meters of turbolasers nonetheless. If he wasn't there, he was in his private residence-bunker on the northern continent, where he liked to appraise his art. The council could devise tactics and strategies to enter the system - including an insertion to blow up the shipyards, and a strike against a reactor in the civilian district to lure Imperial forces to deal with damage recovery, an addendum that Owen had to leave the room for his conscience's sake.

All Ka'rta had to decide was for them to go now, and whether she would head to the Enforcer or the private residence, or risk holding position until their scouts could confirm the Moff's location. But then, Tor's message reached her... thought of course, she couldn't reply to it while she was in the depths.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    IC: Beaumont Kin

Maw, Deep Zone One

Beaumont
    activated the yacht tractor, and towed the X-wing wreckage with them into the Maw. They turned at right angles, and left it blocking the Anzati part of the Maw - Deep Zone Two - but not before Kyle Katarn took his ship into the area. He commed as they headed in. "Leia can sense someone asking for help. We'll deal with the Anzati; we'll comm when we need the wreckage moved."

"I don't like anything about this... but if they want to stick their necks out for us?" As they headed into Deep Zone One, they saw Jyn and Benthic's shuttle docked with another Imperial-esque ship. Jyn came back across the line. "We stunned him; took his weird cloak and the pyramidal thing he had, too."

Of course, that wasn't the interesting part in it all.

Behind Jyn and Benthic and Rax's conjoined ships was the wreckage of a framework of a Death Star... and a planetoid that had clearly been fired upon. The Maw Installation had been wrecked nearly two decades ago, and across the open channel, Drayson whistled as his ship joined them.

"Well this is a lot more than I was expecting... there may even be some modules we can use for isolation research." He paused a moment. "Notwithstanding the war criminal we just picked up, and the Anzati running around in the cluster, this is perfect. We're completely isolated here."

Drayson's pilot led them to a part of the Death Star that had pressure, one of the few modules that seemed to have been completed, and was seemingly attached to the framework still. It was surrounded by debris, and clearly had been scavenged from heavily.

[​IMG]

It was a serendipitous and surreal moment for Qwi Xux, no doubt of that... the Omwati who had worked on the first Death Star.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @TheSilentInfluence
    ---

Maw, Deep Zone Two, Supremacy

Standing at the ramp, Abeloth suddenly stood still. She began to whisper to herself, a mantra of sorts, and her eyes grew empty... as well as her Force presence. It was a twist on the Jedi Code, and perhaps predated it. She had gone Beyond Shadows, abandoning her body to go and follow her own plot.

There was a light in Deep Zone Two. Kyle Katarn and Leia Skirata-Linnett had entered. As they did, they saw what Bernael had seen - a massive, impossibly so, shipyard - shaped like an immense Star Destroyer. It had warships docked to it, all nearly complete, but was seemingly abandoned entirely; sensors showed minimal life-signs, and no power active throughout the smaller ships docked, or even the TIE fighters that were drifting, seemingly abandoned.

[​IMG]

The Supremacy

Kyle, reaching out with Leia, frowned a little. They needed to deal with the Anzati threat Qwi had reported, yes, and he had taken charge... but he hadn't expected this. "This is insane. Someone was building... that, in the Maw?" He reached out, felt an immense sensation of well, death... He drew a protective shield over Leia, and spoke on. "Can you still sense the call for help?"

Indeed, she couldn't. Instead, there was a slight tug in the Force; as if something else had noticed her, but it was too unclear.

For now, though, she only had the last of the sadness to follow; it would be a trail to the massive shipyards hangar... where Bernael now stood.

There was a clash afoot here, if choices were made to enable them.

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheSilentInfluence
    ---

Maw, Deep Zone Three, Vitae

There was no need to speak of Qi'ra Ananke's journey to Vitae. A minor debris field, limned with Celestial technology, it was nothing to her skills. There was no need to discuss the carnivorous undergrowth here; it was dying without the presence of Abeloth, who had drew from the quiet fears of the animals of Vitae to sustain her. There was not even any point discussing the discovery of the Pool of Knowledge; much had happened here, key to many a history, past and future, and it guided her to the dank grotto beneath a cliff-edge.

There was no need to discuss Braata's reaction; she was silent, hooded, speechless, even.

Her mind would drift, filled with knowledge of the duality of Vitae, as it said on the edge of the pocket dimension known as Beyond Shadows. The Mind Walkers had once worshipped the shadows, meditating to the point they had abandoned their bodies to join with it... until they left their bodies behind entirely. The entire world reverberated with that shadow existence, that was visible as if one turned your peripheral vision.

The Pool of Knowledge existed here, and in shadow... so too did the source of darkness and mutation, the Font of Power, but only in the shadows did exist the Throne of Balance - Qi'ra knew that while the Pool had once been Light, and the Font only Darkness, the Throne had been destroyed, and now the future belonged to the concept of the Throne, rather than who physically sat on it...

And now, all of Vitae, and the Pool, and the Font. they belonged to Chaos.

To Abeloth, who was seemingly not present... if the lack of reverberations from the Dagger of Mortis were any indication...

Braata grew apprehensive in the Force. "Qi'ra," she said, forgetting herself and using Ananke's true name. "Are you sure about this?"

The pool was before her. The waters were reflective, and even before she directly gazed upon them, she could see varying thrones... one of gold, with a mutated Sith Lord upon it - Darth Krayt, she now knew his name - and then one of forked black, upon which a woman sat with White Eyes - Rey Palpatine, the name rose up to Ananke again, and then, a throne of white, with a red-haired woman standing upon it - Allana Solo, the name, again...

But these were mere reflections, and not the future any longer.

While she knew what would happen were she to take those waters and bath into them; for she would become a Celestial; a monster that required fear to sustain herself, forever more -

She also would need to make that final step to see the future now.

The future of the Change.

It was the definition of heresy; for what else was prophecy?

The two were interwoven, interconnected, symbiotic and repulsing...

The ultimate choice.

And then, a voice.

Mine, came the womanly one... in the distance, existing purely in her double-vision of the Shadows, was a woman with long blonde hair... she sought to draw Ananke into a discussion... to entreat... to jibe.. to antagonise. The spectre belonged to Abeloth, the Beloved Queen of the Stars, Goddess of Chaos, Beloved Mother, Lapsed Servant, one-time Wife to the Father and later to the Father of Shadows - reaching out for the intruder...

A second voice.

So you finally made it here, huh? The voice had a lilt; a dryness to it - perhaps even a wryness. The face was concealed behind a hood, but he was neither here, not a Shadow. It was the man from Nouane; the one behind the mirror in the cave on Ach-To. The Black-Coat; the Foreteller; the man who called himself Wapoe; the man who called himself Dwartii. Her knowledge ended there, indeed, with him, it spiralled outward, crossing many, many, many paths... as well as those who had been Protectors, Sages... and Statues.

And her own story.

Time and time again.

The proverbial Devil on one hand, and the proverbial Angel on the other?

Not quite. A Fallen Angel, perhaps. But was not the Devil, in many of the ancient tales, just that?

But they stood on either side of her with the knowledge of the future before her.

Qi'ra, Ananke, Destructor... Goddess.

Those words were before her now.

TAG: @QueenSabe7

12. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Galen Marek
    Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

He felt them coming. Their darkness preceded the true arrival in physical form. His blue lightsaber hurled around his hand as if it had a life of it‘s own and then his hand snapped close and held the blade in the reverse grip he preferred. In the midst of the Sith, really all over the planet he felt the oppressive presence of one Sith who was stronger than the rest, stronger than anything he had ever encountered before, really. A true Master of the Dark Side. Darth Zorn! He had come.

„Master Windu, I sense his presence, but I think we will have to go through his followers to get to him. You take the left, I take the right, we meet at the large root ahead.“ He yelled to the old Jedi Master. This was the battle he had been looking for. Finally there was nowhere to run for either him or the enemy.

Summoning the force he waited for the Sith to show up and then he leaped high into the air and dropped in the middle of the group closest to him. He unleashed the kinetic might he had been gifted with into all directions, sending a powerful force wave from his body into the ranks of his enemy. Then he raised up and leaped at the first of the Sith, beginning the work of quickly killing as many as possible, before they could recover from the initial attack.

Han Solo

Millenium Falcon, Cockpit

The Wookiees send everything they had. he was sorry of bringing the war to them, again. Yet, in the orbit of the planet there were only enemies. Darth Zorn had brought more of the strange ships and they were now attacking. Defending was a republic fleet, that belonged to the Government that had put a price on his head. Not exactly friends, either. He felt it was kind of a relief. Smiling to Rumpy, who felt somehow right in that seat, he took the Falcon in a sharp left and took a course parallel to the Republic battle line, right behind it. Were those Mandalorian ships he saw there? What did they do here? At least that meant there was a chance a certain Mandalorian was still alive!

He picked up the comm and wondered if he should hail Madelyn, but decided against it. She was probably more than busy right now. „Set course for Mandalore. Nobody will be looking there for us.“ He ordered his new Co-Pilot.

„Xav, having fun back there?“ He asked with a smirk. The cargo he had was way too important to play war now and risk being shot down. He needed to get the kid to safety. He finally opened a link to Joren Sole.

„We are heading for Mandalore. See you there once you got this mess here sorted out. If you get a chance to pick up the Jedi take it. And please let the Mandalore know where we are heading. Her and me are old friends.“ He paused for a moment. „Thanks kid. For everything.“ He finally said and accelerated the Falcon. He needed to get out of here and fast, before this all escalated completely.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Sinrebirth, @DarkLordoftheFins, @TheSilentInfluence (mentioned), @BobaMatt

darthbernael likes this.
  13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn
    Kashyyyk - Exegol, Orbit, Throne, Shadowlands, really everywhere . . .

The fleet of the Republic was drifting apart to create a crossfire. They assumed he was here to destroy the planet or for some other typical scheme. He was obviously not. He was here to get a child and whatever happened to his fleet, or theirs, or these stupid monkeys called Wookiees was none of his concern. He stopped the fleet at shooting distance and brought the ships into a line to have a maximum effect at firing. Then he opened fire on the Kashyyyk fleet. No brawl, no ship-to-ship fighting, an exchange of fire from a distance. He would decimate them, as he waited for another trap to spring. One he had prepared on the surface. Two Jedi. One child. Death was coming for them.

He turned to his puppet, brave, powerful little Jovan who was now his own to command.

[​IMG]

His red blade ignited, he waited for his followers to make first contact. They were here to distract the Jedi, while he was going after the price, the child. Once he had it secured, he would kill them, of course. Not because he had to, but because he wanted to. It had been too long since he had a chance to steal a fate. Now two with actual depth were presented to him. How could he resist.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @TheSilentInfluence, @Lawbreaker, @BobaMatt, @all others

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Joren Sole
    Kashyyyk Orbit

The Wookiees joined him with their fighters as he took of in the Golden Path, checking his weapons. They seemed to await orders. How the hell sahould he give orders? He had no experience whatsoever in space battles and was just flying into his first. „Close formation, we got to keep those fighters at bay and protect your villages.“ Joren said and began to accelerate his ship towards the incoming group of strange Tie-Fighters. Some prototype model. He had no experience fighting the original ones, so he just had to see what they could do. Pirates was the worst he had ever faced. „All shields to frontal, let us take down some of them before they get down there.“

Han came through over comm. „We are heading for Mandalore. See you there once you got this mess here sorted out. If you get a chance to pick up the Jedi take it. And please let the Mandalore know where we are heading. Her and me are old friends.“ Han paused for a moment. „Thanks kid. For everything.“

Joren smiled. „No, Solo. I thank you.“ He replied. He had found his taste for adventure and he hoped he would one day see the old smuggler again. If he survived Kashyyyk.

As soon as he would come into firing distance he would begin shooting at these Tie Fighters and hopefully at least some would be kept from wrecking havoc below.

Tag: @Lawbreaker, @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Combo with @darthbernael
    IC Renn and Vhardia
    Coruscant, readying to leave

"I intended to send Vhardia to Kashyyyk..." Ood Bnar’s voice trailed off. "But I sense that you have plans of your own. A calling, perhaps, from the Force."

Renn had sat, mostly still, through the briefing from Ood and thought about what all these threats could mean. But he knew what he’d sensed and, given his position now, he knew where he needed to be.

Before Vhardia could respond he coughed, ”Apologies to any Jedi protocols but, to answer your question, yes, old friend. During recent events I sensed something, at least one, possibly more, extremely dark presences, one that called to the Light within me in particular, in the same region the droid and the X-Wing were in destroyed.”

A glance at his Jedi companion and he continued, ”I understand what you intended with Vhardia, she is a member of your Order after all so would follow your directives. But I will admit, she has been a very valuable companion, becoming a friend, and I do feel it in my rings still that to separate would have to potential to lead to disaster for one or the other of us.”

Having said his piece, for now, he stepped back out of the pickup to allow Vhardia to communicate with the head of her Order.

Ood turned to look at Vhardia for her thoughts on the matter. The Jedi had a duty, but they were not an order with a chain of command as strict as the military. If Vhardia had a calling from the Force, it was not Ood's place to dispute it, and Renn spoke truthfully as much as he could sense.

Vhardia swallowed.
    "Master Ood, the neti has saved my life twice, I would feel uncomfortable in parting ways before aiding him in his own quest."
    Plus he has an excellent choice in candy. She thought to herself.

Renn stood off to one side, taking in the conversation between the Jedi. Ood did not speak, did not need to, he was enigmatic, as their kind was, but he was sure the fellow Neti would know the truth of what was spoken and allow the partnership to continue.

He smiled slightly at Vhardia’s words, feeling there was more behind her words than she’d said. But for now he stayed silent, he’d said what he needed to say, and now they waited for Ood’s pronouncement so that they could then discuss any needs they had before they left.

Master Ood nodded. "Understood. Once you have completed your investigation, please head to the Kashyyyk system to hunt down Yuuzhan Vong. I will let Admiral Drayson know, assuming he has not entered the Maw, that you are en route..." He eyed his fellow Neti. "May the Force be with you both."

"Thank You Master." Vhardia nodded and bowed, before cutting the feed and turning to Renn.
    "Dream team on it! ...For a little while longer at least." She held up her hand for a high-five.
    "So now the Maw? Where is that exactly?"

Renn gently tapped his massive palm against hers, a grin on his face. ”If we make it through the fight in the Maw, I’ll be coming to Kashyyk with you, Ood didn’t specify you alone, his request seemed pretty all encompassing and general so why not see more of how the galaxy is these days.”

He thought about her question then chuckled, ”That little droid gave you the answer, the one we sadly lost. I’m sure he sent his astrogation data bac when he reported in so we just need to figure out how to avoid Hutt space and join his track line to reach the Maw, which I’m sure a competent astromech could calculate.”

Vardi's face fell slightly at remembering the loss of BB-8 but she smiled.
    "Definitely. Black holes, here we come."
    She threw herself into the seating by the holochess table and slid into a comfortable slouch, with her feet up. "So, how does the galaxy compare to when you were last in it?"

Renn leaned back for a moment, lost in thought. ”It’s a lot darker right now. We had Sith, mostly in hiding or doing their thing well away from the rest. Don’t get me wrong, there were wars and the Jedi taking part in their way. But I’d have to say the biggest change is that I don’t know what other Neti survive, save for Ood. There is good in the galaxy still, which means we do still have a chance to stop the Darkness, though.”

Vhardia sat up straight, correcting her posture, suddenly remembering formalities. She looked thoughtful.
    "Well Master Ood is the only other neti I know. And most people who visit the Jedi Temple certainly seem to never have met a neti before. If there are more out there, they're not on the holonews or net. But stomping out darkness, that is something we can definitely do."

Renn chuckled, ”Why so formal, my friend? Unless it’s just to remember that Ood to you is the Grandmaster. To me he’s just an old friend. But that too is showing my age, even if I spent most of it asleep. Besides,” he tossed her a fruit twist as he chewed one himself, ”I did speak true to him, there is something about being partnered with you that tells me our odds are much better at stopping this darkness. Are you sure we’ve never met?”

Vardi slouched again, relieved, and chucked. She caught the fruit twist with one hand and had it unwrapped and in her mouth before Renn could say candy.
    "Nah, I'd remember a-" She paused. "a face like yours. But maybe you were friends with some really distant relative of mine? Like way, way back."
    Renn laughed, he knew she was right but the verbal sparring with her was just as enjoyable as the duelling had been. ”Could be, but there’s something there, seems more recent, as Ood said, I feel it in my rings. Might not even be in this reality, but you are more familiar to me than should be possible considering we just met.”

He looked out the viewscreen, ”We do have time to figure that out though, the Dark side beckons us to the Maw and it feels as though something is trying to place pieces on a galactic sized chess board, moving all toward some sort of explosive conclusion. Somehow we have to defeat the Dark and take control of the board.”

Tags: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  16. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin, Drayson, Jyn Erso, Belindi Kalenda

Qwi wished the Jedi luck on their mission. They like Qwi were about to head into dangerous territory. And going after the Anzati was a crazy idea. But the lead Jedi had decided to go and Qwi couldn't stop him.

The X wing wreckage was now in place and Qwi moved Firenze along at a little faster speed. But she had to agree with Beaumont on the fact that the Jedi had decided to go alone and she disliked it. Some good news came from Jyn that she had managed to grab Rax.

But something caught her eye behind the two ships

Drayson sounded impressed and began leading them towards one of the modules. Qwi didn't know whether to be happy or terrified. The Maw Installation was in ruins...and there was a third Death Star. This one though hadn't thankfully been completed. She brought Firenze in for a landing.

Qwi's voice shook as she spoke to Beaumont "I always thought when I was working for the Empire that my work would be used for good, to help planets. To create new technology to help people, not blow them up. How ironic that our new home should be another Death Star".

"Shall we rename it?" Jyn said, slightly jovial over the comm. "But I do want to get this Imp off my ship..." Her shuttle docked, and Drayson's freighter, revealing the two other NRI operatives; the pilot, and the medic.

The Admiral looked at Benthic, who had Rax over his shoulder. He grunted at Drayson. "No," he replied. "Keep him here until we've scouted it out." The pilot had a blaster to hand, and was heading into the shadows. Jyn too, and they promptly made it to a console and powered up - lights were switched on, and Beaumont, who had not yet lowered the ramp out of fears of his safety, did so with a release of breath.

"This could be the perfect base..."

The pilot, Kalenda, piped up. "Seems most of the module here was originally a temporary bridge for the prototype. The main dish has been disabled - it had been scrapped, and pulled apart, it seems. But the module itself is functional. Seems whoever scrounged from here and the Installation proper didn't see the point of putting in the credits and time to repair the weapon. Engines are down, before anyone asks. A mobile station would have been even more perfect, I would say..." Down the ramp came a bunch of sealed samples and even the body of Nom Anor, the medic Joi Eicroth pushing it on a hover gurney.

"Yeah, if we repaired the engines..." Jyn said sarcastically.

Drayson's voice grew brittle. "We are not repairing any part of a Death Star."

"Obviously not," Jyn said. "I just wanted to make sure we were in agreement about that early?"

She was actually looking at Qwi as she said that.

Qwi brought Firenze in for a smooth landing but didn't respond to Jyn's suggestion of renaming the Death Star. To her it would always be a weapon of terror, the brainchild of Grand Moff Tarkin to sow fear in the galaxy. She would not let such a terror be unleashed again.

Whilst Beaumont waited for the all clear Qwi shut the yachts systems down and then went to her quarters to collect her blasters, she still had the one she had taken from the guard at the prison as well as her own so she holstered one and tucked the other in her belt.

Perhaps this is the perfect base, we shall find out….

Qwi joined the others and listened in. What caught her eye though was the samples coming off Draysons ship and was that a body? Even better.

"We are not repairing the engines of this station" she shot a look at Jyn and Drayson at that, to say why would they even think Qwi would suggest doing it "This station if it got into the wrong hands could be repaired and unleashed. Remember we still have the mad Anzati and if the Jedi cannot deal with him then he could come after us. And also if we come out and Thrawn grabs it, he has the scientists to help weaponise it again and we could end up with another Alderaan on our hands".

"But there is the option to repair them should we need to, but maybe only as a last resort. We need to make sure the module here is secure and we don't have any nasty surprises lurking around. And maybe pop Galius somewhere where he cannot escape."

Qwi looked around a bit "The pyramid that was in Rax's possession could be given to Beaumont to ponder over" she gave him a smile "Will be right up your alley that one. Although I don't know what could be so special about a cloak..."

Jyn reached into a pocket and produced the pyramid. Beaumont gasped. "A wayfinder?" He rushed over, and gently took it from Jyn, who simply looked bemused. "Where's the cloak?"

Eicroth rolled her eyes somewhat. Benthic made an utterance in his language, and swung Rax's limp body slightly to unbind the cloak. It was from an oddly silky and yet leathery material, and Beaumont held it for a moment. "I have no idea what this is."

He held it to Qwi. "But I definitely want to spend more time with this wayfinder." He showed it to her. "It's an ancient Sith design; legend said only two were ever made!" He could clearly barely hold his excitement. "This is the find of the millennium!" Beaumont paused. "Apart from, I suppose, the Maw being accessible... and an unknown species launching an invasion... and a Sith God spirit being discovered in a crystal on Mimban..."

He chuckled slightly. Kalenda commented again. "Benthic, there is a holding cell here." She tapped a button, and a map appeared above them. The cell was to the left end of the module; they were at the centre. The bridge was to the right end, so to speak.

Drayson took an authoritative tone. "Nobody goes off without a partner and an open comlink. Always pairs; no individual runs until we have checked the entire module." Benthic was already walking off, and Jyn grinned and rushed to catch up.

"Science labs?" Eicroth asked, and Kalenda indicated rooms not far from the hangar. "And a medical bay, likely near the hangar for arriving injured... the logs show a large amount of worker injuries in the past."

"Of course, Imperial-style efficiency. Don't improve the working conditions, just patch up the workers and send them out again until they die," Drayson said darkly. He looked at Qwi. "I'm going back out to communicate that we made it safely. I'll take Rogue One," he said, shouting after Jyn, who performed an obligatory thumbs up as she exited the hangar. "Qwi, if you can find a research station, I'm sure your old Imperial codes will let you access whatever else they were working on."

Kalenda added a locale to the floating map. "There, by the way." She then unplugged, and headed with Eicroth and the Yuuzhan Vong samples.

Beaumont was clearly excited as he picked up the items from Jyn, Pascale probably be the same, without the youthful enthusiasm of course. But why would Rax have a wayfinder on him? And a Sith one at that? Perhaps he was not just an Imperial but someone else? Or had he just found it somewhere? The strange cloak was a mystery too.

Jyn made her way with her partner to the holding cell whilst the pilot and the good doctor Eicroth moved off to the labs with the body and samples. Drayson was heading out, Qwi hoped he wouldn't be gone too long. Which left Qwi and Beaumont together which she didn't mind at all. After all Drayson had said they should stay together and not go solo.

"Guess that means you and me as a pair" Qwi said with a smile "Let's head off to the research station, you can bring your new toys with you"

As they made their way to the research station Qwi turned her head to Beaumont "Why do you think Rax had a wayfinder?. And what exactly do these wayfinders do?. It's not exactly something you would necessarily carry around all the time…"

"They were old, old, Jedi and Sith tools - they used the Force to lead them to locations off the galactic map. The Unknown Regions - some say often that the Force originated out there, and the messy cartography of the area is a result of the Force walling itself off from, well, us."

Beaumont was waxing poetic now. "I wonder why Rax has one. There's only two... because the Sith are usually ruled by just Two." He snorted slightly. "Though Maul, Zorn, Amedda, Ananke... the Rule has a tendency to be a guideline instead of a strict point. Though... Sith are known to enforce it quite strictly sometimes."

He shrugged. "Maybe when we're set up, we should go have a chat with Rax?"

Qwi listened as they walked, Beaumont definitely knew his stuff for sure. It seemed like Rax had one on his person which was related to the Sith. Why? Was he one? Or was he searching for one to give it to?

"Well whatever it is, Rax cannot have it back" she said "The crazy Anzati may have been after it too and that's what worries me. If that Anzati wanted to discover something, maybe even Rax wanted to find another Sith Lord in here or was one himself, who knows. But this artefact must not leave this station either"

She found the research station and strode over to the console "Whether Rax will say anything or try to manipulate us is another matter. But it could be worth having a chat".

Qwi looked down and closed her eyes reaching far back into a past that she never thought she would have to think about again. Then slowly she input her codes wondering what could be lurking in the computer here.

"I mean, I'd love to meet and discuss things with a Sith... but finding one who wouldn't immediately butcher me is a point," Beaumont was saying as she typed.

The computer accepted her codes; as part of her work on the so-called Project Luminous she clearly had access to other parts of the Death Star projects. The prototype, apparently, was a proof-of-concept that the superweapon worked at all. The engines were an after-thought, as if to use the weapon as bait for the Rebels if the Death Star proper wasn't finished in time.

There wasn't much to add... the Maw Installation itself had been a think-tank, and there were notes that she was to be moved here at some point, but clearly the Empire had fallen before that. The next set of projects were evident under encryption...

- Stellar Sphere
    - Mark Omega
    - Pax Aurora
    - War Mantle
    - Cluster Prism
    - Black Sabre
    - Omega Frost
    - Nightcloak

Beaumont was trying to get the wayfinder to react, but it wasn't playing ball. "Please don't tell me it needs a Force user to unlock it..."

Qwi shook her head, all those names, were they to be future superweapons?. Things she would help design? She felt sick to her stomach. She had this prototype though which she could now use as a base.

She looked over at Beaumont "Maybe it needs Rax, after all he was in possession of it. But perhaps we maybe should'nt put it in the hands of a dangerous Force user…"

She gestured to Beaumont "Let me have a look at it. For scientific purposes. Just to see what it's made of, if there are any surprises…"

Beaumont handed it over. "Careful, it's very fragile." Actually, it wasn't, but it had the appearance of being so.

There was a shudder as it touched her fingertips. Beaumont frowned. "Was that you?"

The wayfinder flared, once, briefly, and then settled again. Whatever it was, the moment had passed.

Qwi moved her hand back as if it has scorched her fingertips. What the hell was that?

"I think it has reacted to me" she said simply "How or why I cannot fathom. Perhaps I may need longer contact with it or something. Maybe Rax has the answers if he chooses to cooperate".

She shrugged "Shall we go and see what he has to say for himself?".

darthbernael likes this.
  17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A devious combo with Sinrebirth: [face_devil]

IC: Senator Aryan Graul and Senator Haydnat Treen

Bakuran Embassy, Senate Tower, Coruscant

There had been no time to peruse the headlines that appeared in the news cycle that morning. Despite the scathing reports underlining the Chancellor’s incompetence, which worked out in Aryan’s favor, he found that he could not relish the moment. He was far too distracted, his thoughts drifting toward the vivid dream that had encumbered his sleep the night before.

While he had slept soundly, the images and incantations that he had witnessed somehow remained etched in his memory. He had glimpsed a dismal world swathed in shadow, an ancient monolith reaching toward the roiling clouds like a pinnacle piercing the darkness. Upon closer inspection, it became clear that the storm was not the only entity causing unrest in the atmosphere – a sea of Star Destroyers stretched from one horizon to the other, expanding into infinity.

And then came the disembodied voice – the shadow man from Ach-to, ushering in a heightened sense of foreboding: The End of Time approaches from the Unknown... as it always does.

That’s when the droid had awoken him, a mild inconvenience that soon blossomed into full-blown panic once he realized that he had overslept. And not only overslept, but he was late for his first appointment with Senator Treen as well. To his dismay, she had already arrived and was waiting for him in the inner chambers.

But as Aryan scrambled about the bedroom in his rush to prepare for the day, he couldn’t shake the remnants of the encounter.

It had felt real, maybe a little too real for a mere dream. Was it a vision? He had never experienced one before, but he had heard about certain instances where it was possible for the Force to manifest itself in such an inspired way. If he was correct in that assessment, then the message had been an ominous premonition that spoke of an uncertain future. It had served as a warning.

And yet, hadn’t Sistros warned him about being led astray by cryptic words and misdirection?

That notion continued to occupy Aryan’s thoughts as he finally stepped out into the main living area to greet his guest with an outstretched hand. While he had shaved and donned a freshly-pressed suit according to his usual standards, his hair was still wet from the ‘fresher and the fingers of his free hand worked hurriedly to close the lower clasps of his jacket. This hasty display made him appear much less intimidating. It was relatable and relevant.

However, it soon turned embarrassing when Senator Treen decided to skip the pleasantries and delve straight into what he presumed was an ancillary question to lead into the main reason for her visit. “Did you want to know who leveled the bounty against you?" she asked innocently, her eyes fluttering in an almost alluring way.

His recent precognitive experiences aside, the whole affair had caught him unawares. He was still distracted by what he had seen. Nevertheless, he resolved to carry on.

“Senator Treen,” Aryan drawled with an obligatory smile, his gaze hardening at the reminder of his altercation the night before. It still irked him that the bounty hunter had managed to deceive his entire staff to gain access. The man should’ve never gotten so close.

“I’ve reached out to my sources to conduct a probe, but so far, I haven’t received a response.” The Senator frowned a bit at that admission, though he quickly pushed ahead, canting his head to regard Treen with a sidelong glance. “If you have knowledge that could help shed some light on this incident, then please share it.”

Treen smiled, carnivorous and also flirtatious. "You'll have to increase the number of dinners I get as part of our deal, mind you." Even before Aryan could clarify, she pressed on. "Your father did; he's put out a pretty impressive bounty on you. I hear that Boba Fett has taken the contract, too... and I also hear that the intervention of Cad Bane may have meant you missed out on a juicy little titbit involving the Senate Guard just outside these offices..."

"Someone was arrested, after killing two Senate Guards," she said, referencing the Yuuzhan Vong infiltrator that had been scooped up by the New Republic. "I've not been able to find anything out about it. But I know that the Imperial diplomat, Yarmond, has been missing since the attack by Thrawn. Curious, isn't it?"

She sipped the tea the protocol droid supplied. "I did take the liberty to pay your staff to come in late today, which I assume you won't mind..." Treen eyed the droid. "But I assume this can be dealt with if need be?" She was of course referencing the need to erase the memory.

Aryan followed her gaze, his countenance an impassive mask as he gave a dismissive wave. He could care less about the droid’s fate; it was insignificant compared to the broader ramifications of Treen’s revelation. Not only was it concerning in terms of Yarmond’s disappearance, but truly devastating when he factored in his father’s behavior.

It was that last thought that consumed his mind and aroused his ire.

Norin Graul had always been a stern and obstinate man, full of pride and quick-tempered. When Aryan was growing up, it hadn’t been uncommon for his father to resort to extreme measures to discipline him. But now, by placing a contract out for his arrest – or worse, he had betrayed him on a fundamental level. His own son. It had become personal, and Aryan vowed to repay him for his actions. For the fear and pain he had caused over the years.

His hands instinctively clenched into fists, though Aryan did not act upon his anger. Instead, he suppressed all of the negative thoughts and emotions regarding his father and returned his focus to Senator Treen. His expression had turned calm, perhaps unnaturally so. In many ways, he had become numb. He was simply going through the motions, a ticking timebomb slowly creeping toward that critical moment.

In fact, he did not even mention the elder Graul nor the bounty when he finally spoke; it was as if Treen had never breached the subject.

“I have a notion that my path will cross with the Chancellor’s at some point later today,” Aryan surmised in an even tone, his brow lifting knowingly. “I’m sure she would like to have some choice words after yesterday’s events, but more to the point, I could use the opportunity to inquire about Yarmond. More pressure, more benefits. She would be hard-pressed not to respond when confronted face-to-face about the incident.”

A wry grin tugged at the corner of his mouth. “Especially if she wishes for this news to remain out of the public’s awareness.”

Treen didn't know a word about the Yuuzhan Vong, but an Imperial diplomat was sufficiently aligned with her interests to be relevant. She'd spoken to him occasionally about restoring the Empire, but Yarmond had been sufficiently neutral to the point of curiosity. But then again, Imperial diplomats could hardly get entangled in such things. It was merely enough for Yarmond to know Treen had an inkling of something, and she had given him the chance to jump aboard any of their successes.

She did smile, however. "A casual mention would be perfect, my dear. I too did intuit that the Chancellor would want to discuss the finer points of galactic broadcasts with you. Yarmond may give you something to push her off-balance, I imagine." Treen dusted down her dress absently. She didn't make a reference any further to Norin. That Aryan had not also indicated that he intended to take care of it personally.

"As long as you don't end up in a cell tonight, of course," she grinned, slightly. "I would like you to keep our dinner reservation after all." Treen was opaque in the Force, as ever, slippery and honestly so. "I have many to introduce you to."

“There’s no need to be overly concerned,” Aryan noted with full conviction, his hand gesticulating slightly as if to reaffirm his confidence. “This is only a preliminary inquiry, so unless Organa takes it upon herself to abuse her authority and not adhere to the courts, I will be attending this evening as planned. You can count on it.”

She stood as if to leave. "I only brought myself an hour, otherwise it might be more noticeable that your staff started so late." Treen nodded to the droid again, who passed her back her coat; the Kuati retained her clutch-bag. "I am so very sorry about Gaeriel, of course." Not that sorry, undoubtedly.

That comment cut deep, and Aryan inwardly bristled. He was already annoyed that he could not get a solid read on Treen’s intentions through the Force; her insolent behavior toward Gaeriel only exacerbated those sentiments. And yet, he did not openly express his disdain. He would not give her that satisfaction, particularly when he suspected that jealousy was the driving force behind her actions. Treen had caused the rift between them, after all.

“I appreciate your thoughts,” he stated coolly, making a point to minimize the situation. “But it’s nothing quite so dire. We agreed prior to our arrival that she should return to Bakura after the induction to consult with our people back home. It’s procedural, and she’ll be back in due time.”

His gaze lingered on her face for a moment, almost to justify his explanation. But before he turned away and granted her permission to leave, his lips parted as if he had something more to say. It was a fleeting thought that crossed his awareness, bringing the conversation full circle.

“I do have one last favor before you depart,” Aryan conveyed discreetly, his eyes hardening with the gravity of his request. “My father. I require someone to go digging for dirt. Is that something you can assist me with?”

Breezing by the implied rebuke as if it had never existed, the Senator didn't even need to think on it. "Of course I can, my dear. My resources are replete, and I have been stewing here on Coruscant, waiting for you to make your appearance, for some years now. I am yours to command, always." More of that flattery for its own sake, and more of that oiliness that made her easy to sense, in some ways. She was all oil.

Aryan pressed his lips into a thin smile at her cunning and nodded his approval. Her compliments notwithstanding, she had provided everything that he needed to know; he did not feel that it was necessary to elaborate further – at least, at this juncture. This was a personal matter between father and son.

“Excellent,” he murmured in quiet satisfaction, stepping forward to escort Treen to the door. “In that case, I suppose I shall see you tonight. I won’t be late.”

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Another fun combo with Sinrebirth (and permission to double-post): :)

IC: Arek Graul and Senator Norin Graul
    Nubian Embassy, Senate Tower, Coruscant

Arek did not sleep well that night.

Despite being sequestered from the rest of Norin’s senatorial staff to ensure both privacy and security, he could not savor the silence nor settle down and relax. This isolated chamber felt more like a prison cell than a luxurious suite reserved for a revered guest, though that was probably his trepidation shining through.

In truth, the incident that had occurred on the landing pad had compounded his earlier suspicions about his grandfather. The old man was behaving erratically, and Arek didn’t approve of his methods, particularly when he resorted to falsehoods and deception.

Why had he lied about his grandmother?

Arek couldn’t shake that thought from his mind. It didn’t make sense. And when he coupled that with his Grandpa’s fixation on his father’s downfall, it quickly devolved into a muddled mess that felt impossible to unravel. It didn’t help that there were so many unanswered questions about this reality, so many other variables that he had to consider to discover the truth.

But what was the truth, specifically for someone who had relocated from another timeline? That was the source of his mounting frustration, of all of his restlessness. It felt hopeless and he wanted an escape from this endless cycle.

And so, when Arek heard the mechanical whirring of a medical droid in the adjacent room, he interpreted it as a welcome reprieve. But he soon realized that the quiet clatter of the machine’s servos was not the catalyst that would compel him to investigate. Something else was luring him toward the room, a rhythmic throbbing that felt as if it was in-sync with the beating of his heart.

As he drew closer, it expanded and dissolved into so much more.

Pain.

Sadness.

Loneliness.

It was a defined trail of emotions that led directly to the prone figure lying upon the room’s single bed, a full assortment of wires and other medical apparatus coiling from the body. The light fixtures lining the ceiling were also dimmed to induce a comforting atmosphere for the addled, but Arek could still discern the woman’s features even through the shadows. This was Ashaiya Graul – his grandmother.

For a moment, Arek simply stood in the doorway with his fists clenched at his sides in stunned disbelief. It was hard to accept that this was the same woman he remembered from his youth, so full of life and so vibrant. His Grandpa had alluded to a terrible tragedy that had occurred in this timeline to cause a rift in the family, but he never imagined something like this.

But despite his anguish, the young man found that he could not look away, and he ultimately convinced himself to approach the bed.

“Grand–m-mom,” Arek uttered in a hoarse whisper, his body slightly trembling as he knelt down at her side and took her hand in his. “What––can you...hear me?”

She woke with a start, a staccato line of readings, and her eyes took in Arek. Her face was covered by a mask, a feeding tube running down it. Those selfsame eyes widened, first in surprise, then in panic and fear. The alarms began to sign off, and a medical droid unsocketed itself from a wall nook and floated over.

"Desist interaction!"

The droid promptly shoved Arek aside and placed a need in a feed, which ran to his grandmother’s arm. In an instant, she was asleep again. "Patient requires complete sedation to prevent stress and subsequent cardiac arrest." It swiveled to face Arek. "Who are you, and are you authorised to be here?"

"AREK GRAUL!" Norin strode into the area, his comlink in hand, clearly having been notified of the episode. He lifted his arm as if to backhand Arek -

And released a breath, dropping the hand. "Arek," he managed to say, breathing. "You must stay in your room unless called for." Norin's voice was nearly gentle. "Do you understand?"

The droid’s aggressive intervention aside, Arek staggered into the corner beside the bed and merely stared at the looming form of his grandfather, his face stricken. He noted the taut muscles in the other’s hand and the perceptible tremor that tingled his senses when he approached. Something unsettling had passed through his Grandpa’s being; it was dangerous and almost feral, barely contained.

Arek had never witnessed anything like this in the older man before, but somehow, he knew that he was more than capable of unleashing what was so carefully hidden beneath the surface. He would have to tread cautiously if he wanted to find answers and learn the truth.

“Why did you lie to me?” Arek urged in a low rumble, his eyes narrowing with suspicion. He purposely refrained from acknowledging his grandfather’s instructions. He would not be treated as a servant.

“You've kept her here the whole time, presumably as a secret?” Arek incredulously shook his head, trying to understand his Grandpa’s reasoning. But despite his best efforts, he couldn’t shake the possibility that the old man was intentionally keeping his wife comatose. Why else would the droid act so vehemently toward him holding a simple conversation with his grandmother? Wasn’t communicating with an inert patient supposed to promote healing?

With a weary sigh, Arek replaced his hand to the bed and idly caressed his Grandmom’s arm. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to accomplish here.”

Norin took a deep breath, and then another. "Your grandmother is highly unstable, Arek." His voice was hard, and unsubtle, as if explaining to a child. "I had to keep her a secret to prevent the other Senators from using her against me... and it's a good thing I did, now your father is on Coruscant, undoubtedly nobbling with the other Centrists..."

He snorted. "You know, the ones who want to restore the Galactic Empire, as if it was a banal thing that simply got out of hand and blew up Alderaan." Norin shook his head. "I cannot afford for a political scandal to besmirch my reputation - and that of Chancellor Organa's supporters. If Grandmom is stressed, her health deteriorates!"

He didn't so much as raise his voice as choke off, his upset showing. "I've done everything in my power to find you, Arek." He stepped closer, almost pleading. "I need you to help keep her safe; I need someone I can trust absolutely to love and care for her. You have the Force, right? You can sense how close she is to death."

As if on cue, Arek’s eyes shifted to regard his grandmother’s face, his head already buzzing with the despair radiating from her through the Force. It would’ve been easy to reach out and perceive more, to try and understand what had caused such suffering, but he refrained. His Grandpa’s words had shaken him more than he cared to admit, and he wasn’t sure if he could endure more hardship.

It was difficult enough trying to piece together the puzzle without his grandfather making things more complicated. It was a never-ending cycle, and he was quickly becoming overwhelmed. When he factored in his journey across space and time, and the horrors that he had witnessed during the End of Time, it was all too much.

And yet, one very crucial question continued to needle at the back of his mind, taunting him: What had happened?

Inhaling sharply, Arek removed his hand from his Grandmom’s side – almost as if her skin had sent a jolt of electricity through his system, and inclined his chin to meet his grandfather’s gaze. Through his tears, the old man was nothing more than a blurry mass, nondescript against the lingering shadows.

“I–I think that…” He trailed off, shaking his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. “I-I’m sorry. I need a moment.”

Without waiting for a response, Arek shuffled past his grandfather to retreat from the room.

19. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Feyna post is combo with the GM

IC: Chancellor Feyna Organa and Prince Isolder
    Returning to Coruscant

Feyna didn't say anything until they were closer to the shuttle, wanting to be sure they wouldn't be overheard by any of the reporters.

"Home, I think? Can we still make it back before Aryan's interview?" They didn't seem to have any more pressing business here. Some of the reporters would probably be irritated that she'd had them come out here, just for her to head back to Coruscant right after, but at least there would be less of them to bother her once they got back. The press had enough to chew over for a while--at least until people started to realize just how bad the attacks on Metellos and Mandalore had really been.

She stopped by the bottom of the shuttle's ramp, as a thought went through her mind. "Xux's attacker yesterday, the one Thrawn sent before his fleet showed up--is there any footage of that?"

Specifically, she was wondering if they had an image of the ship.

Isolder was intrigued by her angle of enquiry, but responded to the first point. "We can definitely make it back in-time. I had the Coruscant route opened up for us in advance." He tapped a few controls, and the shuttle went up. He'd definitely pre-programmed that... and he was conscious of what had happened last time he left her alone.

"You mean the not-Vong infiltrator?" Isolder had at his fingertips most of Coruscant's security data, and he drew it up. Xux had been delivered to the surface by a New Republic frigate, but that was after a skirmish with a type of starfighter in high orbit. Isolder patiently threaded back through the various recordings -

[​IMG]

"Yes, that one," Feyna nodded.

"I was thinking about the odd wreckage they've been finding at Metellos and Fresia--we could send this image to Raddus, and have them compare it to the debris.

"If there's a match, it would connect Thrawn to the attacks." And even if there isn't, I'm not ready to rule him out.

Isolder called up the data. He showed a broken wing portion - which perfectly matched that fighter.

"There was this... but the techs found a lot more wreckage for other ships... which they put together into this model. In-fact, that wing they couldn't get to fit their theory design..."

[​IMG]

Yevethan D-type trifoil fighter

"Another faction? It's hardly a TIE variant, like everything else Thrawn has been using." He looked a bit bewildered. This was a bit much.

Feyna frowned at the second fighter. "Was this from Metellos, or Fresia? Or both?"

Isolder tapped a few screens. "Both? The Thrawn-claw-craft, thing, it's less evident in the debris recovered. But the other ship, it's evident at Metellos and Fresia..."

Having a flash of inspiration, he drew up the map for the region. "Huh. Metellos and Fresia are on hyperlanes which cross at one point - Cal-Seti. But there's almost nothing there. If you carry on, however, you come to the Koornacht Cluster, and there isn't much to add because we don't know a lot about it... notwithstanding that its all Core Worlds."

[​IMG]

"Are you thinking Thrawn attacked Metellos? Or...?"

"Maybe..." They'd theorized on that before, just after hearing of the attack. "Or maybe he knows who did...if this other faction hit Metellos...but then why was Thrawn there? And then to meet them again at Fresia..." She was rambling, thinking out loud. Had Thrawn tracked the other fleet to Fresia?

"The Cronau radiation they found at Metellos--one path was headed for Coruscant, but there were two others. Would this route match up with either of those?"

He tapped again. The two of them were doing the work of New Republic analysts, and doing it well, it seemed. "One of the Cronau radiation spots... it's on a directline between Metellos and the Koornacht, yeah," Isolder said, almost anticlimatic to how important the point was - he was surprised.

"The other one is to the Unknown Regions... but there is no known route that way.." He wondered aloud. "But no surprises, Thrawn is an alien species..."

Prince Isolder paused... "What do you want to do?"

Feyna drummed her fingers on the console for a thoughtful moment, before picking up her datapad, checking... "We still have Xux's would-be abductor in custody, NRI was supposed to interrogate him yesterday--did we ever get a report from that?

"But either way, I think we should have them question him again. He might know something about Metellos, or this other faction. Maybe he even knows where Thrawn is headed."

Isolder tapped a few buttons. "Agent Suail's was reportedly knocked out by a struggle with the prisoner, who was in turn stunned. He's still in custody, in the wing of the Armand Isard Facility that Aurra Sing and Arb didn't blow up." He tapped along. "Arb is in custody, by the way; he was transferred from the Home One overnight - Qwi Xux didn't trust him to come, so he's been left with us. Aurra Sing, too, she was transferred down."

"We have a lot of eggs in that one prison," Isolder reasoned. "I hope that Yarmond isn't there." He tapped again. "He is, actually, typically. Piett is due to claim him later today. Shevu had to sign-off on a variety of papers to allow the Empire to extradite him. Legal proceedings and the like."

"I'll have him interrogated again, perhaps I'll see if Ood has a Jedi who is free to do so. I am sure that a Jedi is staying on Coruscant, after all." Isolder tapped again, and sighed. "This is all tangled. I'm not sure if we'll decipher it all from here; but we can always try."

He looked at Feyna. "Did you want to head to a particular system and see what a Chancellor could achieve? Or are we focusing on the Grauls and Treen today?"

She shook her head. "No, let's go home." She'd been away from Coruscant long enough. Too long, probably, and if she delayed her return much more, her political opponents might start to criticize.

"When is Piett coming to get Yarmond?" Feyna was hoping they could finish Graul's interview first; she wanted to see if Aryan would disclose what he and Treen had discussed, and if his version checked out with anything Yarmond might have overheard.

Another tap. "He is on-world now; he went back for the night so he could get started with the papers and transmit to the Moffs from his own residence rather than aboard a Mon Calamari cruiser. So he'll be picking up Yarmond before even Shevu's meeting with Aryan..." He tapped. "Ah. Piett left a team to interrogate Yarmond as well overnight. The notes aren't yet up. I can chase it for you...?"

Notwithstanding that Isolder was arguably the second most powerful politician in the galaxy, he never shied from grunt work, and indeed found it refreshing. Their shuttle was through the shield grid, a pair of X-wings having escorted them without interfering. A subtle moment, as an encrypted message could be noticed even if not understood. Indeed, the X-wings had split from a squadron to escort other vessels at once, so as to prevent her being noticed - even though Isolder made sure their path took them within range of the Golan battle stations if need be.

All-in-all, a smooth operation, for once.

They were about to hit a Senate landing pad, and Winter stood there already, arms tucked behind her back, clearly waiting for her Chancellor and Princess.

Feyna nodded to Isolder as she gathered her things. "Yes, and if there's anything pertaining to Graul, forward the notes to Shevu so he'll have them for his interview."

Despite how chaotic things were right now, it was still a relief to finally be back on Coruscant, and even more of a relief to see her friend waiting for them.

"Winter," Feyna greeted her warmly. "How have things been here?"

IC: Nola Deidder

Private staff quarters, Nubian Embassy, Coruscant

Nola chewed on her lip, not sure how to answer.

She knew that Norin was capable of some shady stuff--some of it she'd even been complicit in, and some of it she turned a blind eye, when it came to getting back at Aryan. But this was bigger than just revenge.

Del clearly wasn't okay with what Norin was doing, if he'd been preparing for an impeachment--and if Del wasn't okay with it, then neither was she. Norin had created a massive security breach, for his own personal pursuits. He'd put the entire Senate at risk. There was definitely enough here to support impeachment--was it grounds for treason, as well?

Norin's bounty hunter plan (which she wasn't even supposed to know about) was one thing, but it was another to have knowledge of a breach of this magnitude, and do nothing. Nola might not have cared so much if it was just Norin, but he'd involved her husband in this. If the wrong people discovered what Norin had done, it could potentially go badly for Del, and her, as well.

But it could also go badly if they made a move against Norin, and he found them out.

Nola pulled out her silencer and activated it before she spoke--probably she should have done it sooner, but hopefully no one had heard anything.

"Does anyone else know any of this? If you turned him in, would he know that it was you?"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    The Shadowlands

Galen was speaking as the shadows approached. "Master Windu, I sense his presence, but I think we will have to go through his followers to get to him. You take the left, I take the right, we meet at the large root ahead.“

Windu dug his heels into the soft dirt and cumulus of the forest floor, preparing to spring, his lightsaber slowly coming up to defend, igniting as it was raised. "Good plan." And then: "I sense anger in you, Galen. I sense that you're itching to fight. I enjoy the fight, too, but that's why I've had to teach myself how to - "

But Marek was gone. Windu inhaled deeply to quell his own internal fire, and slammed the Force down through his heels, taking off bounding into the trees, towards a deeper shadow than even the wroshyr's cast.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @Lawbreaker, @LordTroepfchen

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Galius Rax
    Cell, Death Star Prototype, Deep Zone One

[​IMG]

The only thing he could appreciate about his captivity was the view. The swirling whorls of the Maw Cluster had been his only starfield for decades now. It was the one certainty he could rely upon. Of course, now he had lost his small empire, and the cloak and the Wayfinder he had protected for so many years... one had to wonder if that background would be all he had left, for a time.

Jyn and Benthic had left him here, behind a reactivated energy shield, to case all parts of the module they had occupied. They wanted to be sure there were no surprises to speak of, after all, in their main base. They had no desire to spend time socially with the others either. Jyn was, in some ways, curious about the superweapon her father had helped created... and helped destroy, although not nearly as directly as he had once proposed - having sabotaged the Imperial Death Star, Emperor Amedda had instead relied upon the perfected Separatist Ultimate Weapon - and gave the galaxy a small chance to defeat both.

Beaumont and Qwi, wayfinder to hand, received a swift update on the comms as they walked; Eicroth had secured a hermetically sealed room, and Kalenda had confirmed that she had left aboard Jyn's shuttle instead of the Admiral, who was instead appraising the bridge area. The stolen Imperial shuttle, Rogue One, would head out the Maw to seek instructions and send an update to the Chancellor.

The former Fleet Admiral turned to face his visitors. "Ah, yes, the Sith Wayfinder. So you did take it. And my cloak, I presume?"

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo), TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael (combo to continue)
    ---

Just outside the Maw

When Ood Bnar left them, the long, long day (and most of the Coruscanti night), was over. Shara took the helm while Vhardia and Renn rested... or meditated. Either, or. She was too busy sending a letter to her son and husband back on Yavin 4. Poe wanted to be a pilot, and he probably would, with his eagerness to fly her old A-wing.

When they arrived, the disquiet in the Force would have aroused the two Jedi long before they hit realspace. The Maw felt perverse, like an unnatural formation in the fabric of reality. Of course, it was, but right now, it felt even worse than before. An Imperial shuttle was emerging from the Maw as they headed towards it. "This is Rogue One, identify yourself."

The Jedi Grandmaster had supplied them with all manner of data on the Maw run as they left, and so Shara could promptly reply. "This is the Otana, of the Jedi Order. Grandmaster Bnar sent us to assist. We had a tip-off from the Hutts that there was something strange in the Maw, and we sent an X-wing to investigate. We understand from the Chancellor's Office that our fighter was destroyed when you arrive."

The woman on the other line was clearly thinking, but a mere moment passed before she replied. "This is NRI Officer Kalenda. I can't imagine all of those facts are available to just anyone, so I accept what you are saying as two. Encrypted line opening."

There was a squeal and she cut off, and all Shara could do was shrug at the two Jedi. The line was back within another moment, and the woman spoke on. "Sorry, operational security. We've encountered some oddities. Master Katarn and his Padawan went into Deep Zone Two to investigate an Anzati that apparently wiped out some kind of Neo-Imperial group out here. We've found a wrecked Death Star prototype in Deep Zone One, which we're using as our base for the Yuuzhan Vong project... what brings you here?"

Of course, she knew nothing of Deep Zone Three, as nobody bar Bernael, Rax, Abeloth herself and of course Qi'ra Ananke knew of that.

TAG: @darthhelinith, @darthbernael (combo?)
    ---

Deep Zone Two

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheSilentInfluence (continue our combo please)
    ---

Deep Zone Three

@QueenSabe7 (outstanding TAG)
    ---
    IC: Winter

Coruscant proper, landing zone, Senate Tower

As the Chancellor landed, Winter drew Feyna into a hug and gave her the update as they walked into the Senate Tower - the structure atop the Senate itself. The topmost levels were reserved for the Chancellor, and had a turbolift which led to the lower level beneath the Senate Chamber, so the Chancellor and her government could rise up into the Senate.

"Our team at Mandalore has reported in that they're following up some technological readings - progress has been slow as most of our deployments can't stand being on-world for more than an hour. There is a kind of... Void, present, which has sucked all the colour out of the planet, and it is hard to work within. But we're convinced from our initial analyses that there is a technological root to the disaster there that we can follow."

Isolder caught on first. "Technological? Not biotech?"

"Admiral Drayson had his team try to pick out some biological markers as they travelled to the Maw, and nothing they've been able to decipher has turned up on Mandalore," Winter confirmed.

"So it's not the Yuuzhan Vong," he said, pinching his nose. "We're also pretty sure that the attack on Metellos was the work of another faction that Thrawn has been tangling with. We're going to have to decide what to do about that, as the source, the Koornacht Cluster, isn't within Republic territory - it's basically on the edge of the Unknown Regions."

"Do we need to decide?" Winter said. "If they attacked Metellos - and presumably Fresia - then they've declared war on the New Republic. Raddus has half the First Fleet nearby, after all... we don't necessarily need to even bring it to the Senate's attention?"

"Before we forget - any news on Yarmond's interrogation?"

Winter nodded. "Yes, actually, as you came to the surface." She regaled a short script where Yarmond revealed that the Yuuzhan Vong would kill all infidels, cleanse the galaxy, and feed on their children. That their technology was perfidious, and it was their holy rite to reeducate this galaxy. That the blue-skinned Admiral had not delayed their invasion a single klekket, whatever that was, and their armada would arrive and no matter how many years they put into preparing, they would be swept aside.

"Other than that, which I believe your conversation with the Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster and Supreme Overlord mirrored, he delighted in regaling us with how Senator Treen was constructing an Imperial conspiracy within the New Republic, with the intention to take over the Imperial Remnant, subsume it into the Senate, and with the increased support she would then have, make a bid to modify the New Republic into a new Galactic Empire. All she had needed," Winter said, drily, to Isolder's increasingly widening eyes, as they travelled down the secure turbolift. "Was a sufficient charismatic man who could rally both the Imperial Remnant and take down the present Chancellor."

Isolder by this point was speechless. Winter simply looked at Feyna.

"An obligatory last point, Feyna, but there has been a lag in the reports from Mandalore as Kashyyyk is presently out-of-touch. Agate hasn't responded, and contact was lost shortly after, I gather, Madelyn Linnett and Leia Skirata Linnett finished their communique."

There was a beep into that, and Isolder, still wordless, pulled out his datapad. "It's from Drayson's team. Imperial War Criminal Galius Rax captured attempting to the flee the Maw from an Anzati - Jedi Master Katarn has gone into Deep Zone Two to intercept. Deep Zone One is host to a crippled Death Star Prototype - just the frame, no superlaser or engines - and a broken research installation. We have secured Deep Zone One and wait for feedback from Deep Zone Two. Yuuzhan Vong research continues with no new information yielded. We have rendezvoused with the secondary Jedi team."

"
    Rax?" Isolder frowned. "I don't remember him - and, secondary Jedi team?"

Winter and her encyclopaedia memory replied. "Fleet Admiral Rax vanished after Order 66. He was responsible for a variety of massacres to the end of the Clone Wars, ones which then-Chancellor Palpatine suppressed the news of. His disappearance coincided with the Chancellor's death... so presumably he's been hiding in the Maw since then... possibly even without Tarkin or Amedda or even Krennic even knowing."

Isolder blinked a few times and focused on Feyna again, who hadn't likely wanted another information overload but here they were; she was Chancellor. She had to decide what to do a hundred thousand times a day.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 as Tor (as and when)
    ---

Senate, Bakuran Quarter

In short order, the rest of the Bakuran aides arrived, taking over the every-day business of the Senator's office. The comms had been mysteriously down for the hour, and so they had a lot of usually meaningless correspondence to pick up on. His droid took over, as he was want to, and that left Aryan Graul to spend the little time he had left before Shevu arrived for their appointment.

Treen left out the front entrance, which undoubtedly drew some attention, but she was doing things her way, and that was simply a fact. In the meantime, there was smattering of news for the Senator. One, was from Gaeriel, asking after him as she'd not been able to raise the Bakuran Quarter - thanks to it being effectively shut for the hour - and another was a random sourcing of his actions and how they resounded with the citizenry back home - which was overwhelmingly positively. His words on air with Grand Admiral Thrawn, speaking up for the New Republic, it had pleased the everyday Bakuran, and even if the local government was concerned that he didn't have Bakuran interests in heart, the population thought him amazing so they were powerless to do anything about it.

There was enough rampant speculation about Thrawn's next targets, questions about where half the First Fleet had been mysteriously deployed to, and what the Jedi were doing heading out across the galaxy - which was an early news titbit that Grandmaster Ood Bnar had declined to comment on - and a few complaints about communications issues at Coruscant and even in the Mid Rim - but nothing particularly concrete or impressive.

If anything, Aryan would sense a deep, deep intake of air was being consumed by the galaxy, and indeed the Force, which tingled with anticipation, as if there were events continually afoot, above and below him. Indeed, there was a particularly unpleasant psychic tang in the Senate, which would prove difficult to -

The traitor with the red-flame died. That was not what was foretold...

The Holocron spoke to itself, but then went inert, as if it had spoken out-of-turn and silenced itself.

As if on cue, a message came through from his old Master, also. Gone hunting in Armand Isard prison. Someone escaped yesterday... and somebody else escaped today. News blackout... my old apprentice was recaptured and returned to the prison... watch out. Coincidences are merging like puddles into catastrophe.

Even for An'ya Kuro, that was particularly cryptic.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---

Nubian Quarter, secret apartments

While Del and Nola spoke in their own part of the 'public' rooms, a less pleasant confrontation had played out between Norin and Arek, which had fundamentally revealed his true colours; aggressive, abusive, and angry ones. Arek's grandmother was sedated to within a micrometer of her life, all for her own good. As Arek went to leave, Norin was about to shout at the boy.

He was about to shout -

Your dad killed your mother and his son! He's not just a bastard, he's a murderer, and an accessory to galactic genocide. He destroyed Alderaan and you're worried about me! How dare you call yourself Arek Graul. The Arek I knew stood up to his father and died on his feet against a Sith Lord!

But then there was a chime on his comlink. It was his Mon Calamari aide. "Sir, Nola hasn't turned up yet. Nor has Del - I just wanted to check they weren't doing an assignment for you before I chased them." Jaka sounded peeved; he hadn't been in on the Works adventure, and of course now Cad Bane was dead, he was waiting for Norin to explode at him. But Norin was happy to sacrifice a few bounty hunters to the cause, and with Boba Fett having taken a tracking fob he had no doubt Aryan would be dead or quietly in his grasp soon enough.

And yet, Nola and Del? Of course, they were coupled, but they had been present with him in the Works... and Norin had just dropped the bombshell about his wife on their relationship... and Del had been poking around more than his fair share... Norin's paranoia snapped, and he marched out of the suite. "STAY HERE!" He roared at Arek, and both slammed and code-locked the double-lined durasteel doors to the private part of the apartments.

The medical droid suddenly, however, the moment Norin was not there, turned to Arek and announced itself. "I am 11-4D, presently serving Senator Graul and his studies of the Change. I gather you are from another timeline... a divergent one, or, perhaps, not so. Can I ask you a question, perhaps? This seemed the best avenue for me to investigate what might have occurred incorrectly, so to speak."

"Does my Master, his Imperial Highness Emperor Palpatine, still live in your reality?"

TAG: @HanSolo29 (combo)
    ---

Deidder apartments

"Does anyone else know any of this? If you turned him in, would he know that it was you?"
    Nola's question was an important one, and Del paused as he thought about it.

"Yes," Del affirmed after a very short moment. "It'd be me." But then an idea occurred to him, "though it wouldn't be too hard to shift the blame to Jaka... he's always trying to be involved in everything. I could set up him... give us some space to do... well, whatever we need to do. Norin will be all over Jaka like a space rash, and he'll find nothing anyway because Jaka doesn't know anything..."

Del nodded again, slowly. "He was in-charge of hiring bounty hunters to kill or capture Aryan Graul, after all." Del would expect that to be a bombshell, but Nola would know more about it than she should thanks to Jaka. He pressed on. "Should we go to the Chancellor about this?"

Just then, the door slammed loudly; a knock that was unsubtle at best. "It's Norin. If I use the override will you be dressed?"

Del went white, a colour that, as a bodyguard, he was not prone to go; the man had seen a lot of gristly things, but this - this - it was different.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne (combo?)
    ---
    IC: Lowbacca

Skirmish in the Shadowlands, the Battle of Kashyyyk

The violence in the depths was matched by the ferocity of Galen's strike. The enemy split, and Lowbacca, bowcaster in hand, dove after them, intending to assist Master Windu on that flank when the shadow he pursued resolved into three lesser foes. The majority of their opponents were now shying away from Galen, for he had proven himself far too great a threat. Indeed, the undergrowth had been cleared by the clashes to reveal Galen to Zorn's puppet, Jovan. They would be able to lock eyes, and Zorn's power, even from afar, even as if smoke because of the distances -

It was still grand.

But of course; no child.

TAG: @BobaMatt (updated TAG), @LordTroepfchen, @Lawbreaker (I would invite the two of you to combo out this scene)
    ---
    In orbit, the Battle of Kashyyyk

Joren
    was holding the line, preventing the advancing TIE Daggers from reaching the Shadowlands and nearby cities. Their high-powered wing-weapons blew apart Wookiee ships, but they were not nearly as nimble in atmosphere as the Wookiee designs, or indeed Joren's own ship. Time and time again, a simple turn through the air caught the solar panel, slightly tweaking the enemy turn - and causing them to miss.

But they did have numbers. By the end of the first exchange, they outnumbered Joren's thrown-together squadron two-to-one, and it was becoming increasingly apparent that no more support would follow. The TIE Daggers did not adapt by throwing themselves into paired combat - no - they bunched together their excess into groups of four to pick apart one at a time. Three of Joren's group were picked off in a handful of moments, and a quartet turned towards him with their target done -

The Falcon cut behind the New Republic battle line, was was forced to withdraw as the strange enemy fleet simply abandoned strategy and lined up - and fired and fired and fired. The Third Fleet was attempting to protect the planet and inhabitants, and as much as fighters streamed up to try and break down the enemy line, the continual and accurate fire took down most of the New Republic fighters before they reached the enemy. Agate called the fleet back, to try and keep her smaller ships out of range. Indeed, the frigates and corvettes and picket ships she had no choice but to use as literal shields for her cruisers and destroyers and dragons - but she knew to withdraw was to abandon the planet.

"Mandalore, what do you want to do?" Agate needed a strategy. A plan.

The over-sized Star Destroyer simply hung above it all, doing very little.

With all of this, it would take Solo very little time to break off and escape the system. It was done, and General Pryde watched as it went... and he knitted his brow as the stolen Sith ship fled. The Millennium Falcon was marked by the Sith Eternal, but in all of this he could not track it. Hyperspace tracking was not the provenance of them; no, they had Eternal technology and the Xyston-class itself.

The ship retained its secret weapon, but Pryde could not fire until he was sure the child was secured.

He steeled himself, and made sure all hyperwave and HoloNet frequencies were jammed. Interplanetary communications he left untouched so he could coordinate with his TIE Daggers... and to give the pathetic New Republic a fighting chance.

Not that they really had one.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @TheSilentInfluence (updated TAG for the latter)
    ---

Hyperspace

Xaverri didn't have chance to add anything before Lumpy pulled the hyperdrive levers and they vanished into hyperspace. "Holy frak this ship can move, sweetie! No wonder you love her!"

Ben woke at that, but seemed in awe of the woman above him. She immediately looked down at him, and cooed over the child. "We're going back to Mandalore? After all that trouble with us stealing beskar?"

Lumpy woofed; he hadn't heard a word of that, he decided. But he did ask if they had a plan. Not that he was going to point fingers, but an entire armada had come to Kashyyyk looking for the child.

Xaverri replied. "As soon as they realised Ben is with us, they'll leave, no doubt. The longer they're fighting over nothing, the more likely the New Republic will smash them. But that tech?" She winced. "Did you see that Star Destroyer? Or those battlecruisers? Or even those new TIEs? Who the hell had the Millennium Falcon for all those years and had that in their back pocket too?"

TAG: @Lawbreaker (combo, if you so wish)
    ---

Entralla
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 as Ka'rta (as and when)

22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu
    Shadowlands

Mace Windu landed with his feet still in the air, bringing his lightsaber hard into another blade, and as its wielder fell the Jedi Master shoved the Force into his wrists and pushed his blade off, launching his body back into the air in a spectacular spin, coming down again with his boot on a Sith Lord's face. He felt a rush: Still got it. But then he felt his enemy's face collapse beneath him as he fell, and Windu was off balance. He deflected a blow on his way to the ground, but found himself face down in the muddy ground. I'm old.

In the distance he felt Galen cutting a swath, felt the fear and anger and frustration in the Sith, felt them flee. Mace Windu sent Galen a brush of calm in the Force, a taste of vaapad, maybe, an insight. He felt satisfaction in the Sith's misery, but he made a note of that pleasure and marked it as inappropriate. Work still to do.

The Wookiee youth was nearby, bowcaster firing away. Windu brought himself to his feet and drew near to Lowbacca, back to back. His bolts hit true. But of course they did. The Force sang in the youth. Windu deflected, defended Lowbacca, a furry walking turret. They made a good team. Lowbacca must have sensed the Force in the Jedi. Other Wookiees must have sensed it. How much did the young one know? Windu touched the Wookiee's mind with his own, but spoke aloud.

"You can see where your targets are going to be before they get there, can't you? Trust in that feeling. Give yourself to it."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Lawbreaker @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Darth Zorn/Jovan
    Shadowlands

He appeared last, stepping on the remains of a giant fallen tree and through the force and darkness watching the scene with glowing eyes.

The old Jedi was taking on the Sith in a Jedi like fashion, but Marek? He was different. He attacked with raw, untamed power. The Sith retreated from him as he slew those within his proximity with cold hearted ease. Zorn would have liked to slay the great Master Mace Windu, Master of Vaapad and obviously grown in power in his exile. But Windu was like the others. Like Maul, Kenobi, Wyyrlock, even Palpatine ... trained to mastery, disciplined, dedicated and focused. Zorn had killed many such men.

Galen was different. Galen was like him. He was like his father. Galen Marke was born for this. The force wanted him to survive. His raw power was impressive, his fighting style unique and yet executed with a perfection that appeared as if he had many more years of training than he could. He understood why Tempara had fallen against him. She would not understand who she faced. She was nothing compared to a creature like him.

Zorn felt he had met a challenge deserving the name and under the hood of Jovan and on the throne on Exegol he grinned.

"Kill the old man, let me take care of this boy." Zorn hissed to his Sith and ignited his red blade looking at Galen Marek from above and far away.

The child, he was hiding the child in the force. Zorn would take it from him. He would take everything from Galen Marek. His life, his destiny and all his hope.

"SHALL WE BEGIN?" He asked and brought his blade up.

Tag: @Lawbreaker (for combo)

24. Lawbreaker

Aug 21, 2018
    Han Solo and Xaverri
    Millenium Falcon, Cockpit

Han knew what she meant. This fleet was strange and also hyper-modern. He sighed.

„Yeah, Manadlore is now a graveyard and it should actually be the least crowded system in the galaxy. So I thought might be a good starting point. If nobody gets out of Kashyyyk we need to go to a place we cannot be followed to, under any circumstances.“ He shrugged. „No I cannot tell you where.“

He clapped Rumpy on the shoulder. „Cockpit is yours, do not break anything.“ He made his way back to Xaverri. Smiling at seeing her with the child he waved. „Give him to me.“ He said and it reminded him of the vision he had. Him with a son. „I agree, that thing looked like a Star Destroyer on steroids or something. Someone has been busy building up an Empire again. Who? Well, I think it was his Dad.“ He said, smiling at the kid and putting it gently down on the holo table. He activated a hologram of a Rancor and the child giggled in joy as he saw it.

„Listen, this is not something we can run from. This guy, Darth Zorn, Luke Skywalker, call him whatever you like. He seems to eat planets or something. I hope the two Jedi get rid of him, but if not . . , I knew his old man. If he is half the man and turned to evil, we might be in trouble.“ He looked at Xav. „This is me going on a stupid crusade, really. I won‘t blame you if you do not wanna come. Despite being obviously madly in love with me.“ He smirked, mocking her.

Xaverri paused, looking down at the child in Han's hands, flushed by just how good Han looked as a father - as if everything he'd been missing was complete within him. "I lost everything to the Empire... I wouldn't have it happened to someone else, Han... not when it's in my power to do something - anything."

She stalled again, hunting the words. "I know you wanted to do more in the last war, Han. You and Anakin Skywalker - you were at Mandalore... and then, you weren't." Xaverri looked at him, almost stonily. "I do love you, Han Solo, and this is where I - where we - belong." Her face broke into a smile. "Sticking our thumb in the Empire's eye."

Han smiled. „This is not the Empire, Xav. He uses it, but if reports are true, this boy killed Mandalore on his OWN.“ He looked at her. „This is something different. Mandalore, it was what it was. Nobody fought the Empire on Mandalore. They fought droids. But I had a lot of time to think about this last war. Maybe it was not the Empire we fought all along. Maybe the Empire is a symptom for an illness much deeper than that. The Ultimate Weapon, Alderaan, the Crystal, Chewies death, I mean look where the Falcon ended up. This all was not the Empire. It were the Sith. From the shadows, slowly crawling into our galaxy the Sith have returned. The Empire was ruled by a Sith. This galaxy seems to have handed them a new Empire and powers beyond that of any space station.“ He looked up from the boy. „You heard the rumor it was Anakin Skywalker‘s boy who killed Mas Amedda? It was not an act of liberation though. It was succession. Ever since then we have all lived on borrowed time.“ He sighed. „Where can a man like me hide in a galaxy where a man like Zorn has planets for breakfast? This is a fight for survival. Why is it my fight?“ He shook his head. „Not sure it is. Last time I failed terribly. The Republic was build on the failure to understand the true enemy it had, probably. They are hunting me now. I do not owe the Republic a thing.“ He looked at the boy. „But I might owe the galaxy.“ He looked at her. „I might owe a lot of dead friends quite a debt, for them following me into war. I might even owe it to me.“

Xaverri let Han speak the words, as if summoning his strength. He was right, of course. The Empire was the symptom; not the cause. But the Empire, they could fight, and trick, and swindle and defeat. The Sith... they were something very different and she felt a healthy dollop of fear fill her.

"You do owe it to yourself, Han... I've always said how good a man you were, but you had more than a few bum hands in the first rounds." Her voice stuck in her throat, overwhelmed almost entirely by emotion. "You owe it to you and Chewbacca to see this through."

The woman stepped closer, encircling him and Ben in her arms, and drew him into a kiss. The baby giggled, releasing a massive wave of emotion into the room that you didn't need to be Force sensitive to feel.

Tag: @Sinrebirth (combined with)

25. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin, Galius Rax

As Qwi headed along with Beaumont to meet their new Imperial house guest, or prisoner Qwi's comm pinged. It was updates from the others, Kalenda had headed out instead of Drayson to update the Chancellor and Drayson had instead headed off to the bridge to check it out.

The good doctor had found herself a room to stick herself in to start her studies. No doubt Eicroth was excited to get started.

Meanwhile Qwi was still wondering about the wayfinder. It had reacted to her not Beaumont which was concerning. She wondered if Rax would play ball and cooperate but she doubted it.

She spotted the dark haired man behind an energy shield, Jyn had definitely taken no chances.

"Yes we did" responded Qwi lifting the wayfinder up in response to him "So let's get down to business shall we?. What were you really doing in the Maw and with a Sith wayfinder?"

Rax grinned. "I imagine you've sent someone to the other habitable zone... so I might as well come clean now." He held out his hands, almost as if welcoming, but clearly grandstanding. "I am Fleet Admiral Galius Rax, and I was tasked by Chancellor Palpatine to build a Contingency in the Maw - the First Order. Until a few hours ago, I had constructed a large mobile shipyard and dreadnought - the Supremacy - over the last thirty-three years."

"To what end?" Beaumont said, cautiously.

"Why, the restoration of my Masters rule, of course!" Rax grinned. "I had received a steady supply of diverted Imperial resources for the first few years after the Empire collapsed, including that wayfinder, by speculative means. But thereafter, I had no news, or guidance... for ten long years I have waited for instructions - a timetable, a target..." A mild chuckle. "So I decided that I would simply finalise my own plans. I had a small force of Star Destroyers ready to assist me in my raids and conquest, and a plan to rally the Centrists and Imperial Remnant to my cause..."

"... until the Anzati came."

Clearly, he had a flare for the dramatic.

Qwi had to raise an eyebrow at the whole show going on. So Galius had set up a little mini Empire in the Maw, and it seemed the Anzati had come along and ruined everything.

"Well it looks like you and your fleet are going nowhere, and the Anzati will hopefully be stuck there too. You won't be able to head out into the galaxy and create a new Empire. Nobody wants that anymore, and the Remnant is now an ally of the New Republic. Do you really think you are just going to pop in with your fleet and subjugate everyone? The whole galaxy is different now. And with the Yuuzhan Vong now in the galaxy we need the galaxy to be united, not divided".

She narrowed her eyes "Your Master is dead, and judging by your Anzati friend and the other Sith that are about it looks like there is a competition going on".

She pointed to the wayfinder "Did this artefact tell you to do all that you just said? Or did it speak to you about things. It must have reacted to you at some point?"

Rax perked up. "The Yuuzhan Vong? What's that?" He didn't answer anything else, for the moment, unhelpfully. Beaumont knitted his brow -

Qwi frowned, he was definitely not cooperating. But it wouldn't do any harm to tell him about their new visitors.

"They call themselves the Yuuzhan Vong. They are a rather unpleasant warrior species that intend to either convert us to their religion or kill us all. They seem to have technology that we do not understand but we are hoping to. They seem to have this galaxy in their sights and they have sent scouts. It seems to get a good look at us before the real war begins".

She waved her hand that was not holding the wayfinder "That's why we are here, to try to find ways to stop them short of doing the usual Imperial way of blowing everything up".

Rax paused. "Interesting. Seems as if the Imperial way would work the best. An Empire is no good against a rebel alliance, but against an invader wanting to secure territory? It works very well, I'd argue." He looked amused.

"Alright, deal - I'll answer your questions about the wayfinder and the coat, which I hope you haven't lost, of course, and indeed whatever you want to ask me about," Rax smiled broadly. "And I'll ask you some about the state of the galaxy and you can reply in exchange?"

"For example, the wayfinder can't be activated by anyone apart from a Force user, and it's one of only two ever made."

"See! I said that," Beaumont chimed in.

"But do you know where they are supposed to lead you to?" Rax smiled even more broadly. Beaumont looked positively curious, but all Rax did was look back at Qwi.

"Do we have a deal?"

Qwi felt Rax's gaze on her. He was going to try and get a lot out of her but in no way was she going to let him know about Thrawn. The state of the galaxy she had no problem talking about.

"Deal" she said simply "Beaumont there has your coat as you call it and the wayfinder will stay with us. I would like to take a look at it as it reacted to me when I touched it. And I wasn't aware I had the Force"

"So, why is your coat so special, and where does the wayfinder lead the person that has it to?. I assume of course it is linked to the Sith".

"The coat was given to me by a mysterious man who told me to wear it if the wayfinder was ever threatened." He shrugged. "That Anzati, he is a very powerful Force user, you see, but when I wore that coat... he couldn't sense me, or find me, or hurt me."

"As to the wayfinder reacting..." Rax paused. "Ignoring that you worded that as one overall question, I'll bite." He grinned again at his smarts. "Perhaps you've had contact with a Force user recently? Intimate contact, even?" Rax winked, and Beaumont was about to punch him.

"That wasn't my question, by the way." Rax wagged a finger, and paced the room. "So how did we discover these Yuuzhan Vong? I can't see that they're very threatening if we've found one of their infiltrators. Luck, perhaps?"

Qwi clenched a fist and narrowed her eyes at the whole intimate contact thing. So what if she did? If she had received something of the Force from Pascale after their last intimate contact (which was the night before they were split up) then she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing it. But it was useful to know about the coat, if the Anzati came calling they could use it.

Beaumont meanwhile wanted by the looks of things wanted to punch Rax's lights out. Qwi looked at him and mouthed calm down.

She turned back to Rax "Well Beaumont and my former partner encountered one on Criton's Point, posing as one of Beaumont's team. He decided to reveal himself and fight, spouting his religious nonsense about how we were all infidels and that we needed cleansing."

"There was another on Hespreridium that the New Republic Chancellor encountered. Apparently masquerading as an Oserian troublemaker. He decided to attack and it's his body we have on board. The third we possibly know about is an Imperial ambassador. Not sure what has happened with him. But these seem like scouts to me before the main invasion force arrives".

"So I'm going to ask you again, where do these wayfinders lead to?".

"Osarian troublemaker, eh?" Rax stroked his chin. "The Imperial ambassador makes sense... Criton's Point means... there is a historical connection that will lead us to them? Curious. I presume they were spouting off in Basic? Handy..."

He looked apologetic, but not especially. "Ixigul, I was told; an ancient Sith world, in the deep, dark depths of the Unknown Regions - a completely impassable cartographical anomaly that requires both the Force and the wayfinder to map. Without both, any ship that enters the nebula will immediately be shattered."

"Sounds suitably terrifying, I wonder?"

It seemed the conversation was coming towards a conclusion, Rax hadn't asked about anything else regarding the galaxy so Qwi couldn't give him much more. But what he had revealed about the wayfinder was interesting. It did sound scary this Sith world deep in the Unknown.

She had no plans to go anywhere near this Sith world….there was a chance the Anzati still could though if it escaped. Especially since it had been with Rax.

"We are trying to find out if these species have some link to this galaxy. They seemed to understand and speak Basic, Beaumont also believes there may be a link to the language of Janguine. Of course we are in the beginning stages of our research"

"One final question, do you know what is on this Ixigul that the wayfinder wanted to lead you to?. It must have told you something about what was there otherwise you wouldn't head there in the first place. Perhaps your Anzati friend was interested…."

Rax tapped his chin. "The wayfinder was delivered by a droid. It went inert thereafter, and I kept it safe aboard the Supremacy - my flagship. It said some magic words in the Emperor's voice."

He cleared his throat, and changed his tone to an approximation of the slimy words...

"Resistance. Rebellion. Defiance. These are concepts that cannot be allowed to persist. You are but one of many tools by which these ideas shall be burned away."

Beaumont shivered. "You could have mentioned a Palpatine droid delivered it."

"Well," Rax said, innocently, "You'd need to head to the Supremacy to pick it up if you want it..."

And get into the path of the Anzati? Not likely Qwi thought. Plus the Jedi were heading the way of a distress signal and the Anzati. And would have probbably no doubt found Galius's fleet. Could she try and comm them about grabbing a Palpatine lookalike droid?. Not if they were too far in.

Galius of course was enacting his masters plan, an Empire reborn into this First Order. Maybe it was time for her to see what was inside this wayfinder herself before Pascale's Force contact ebbed away. Beaumont could then make notes for future reference.

"As you say we may have already sent someone to the other habitable zone so they may pick it up. As for me? Maybe this wayfinder will speak to me, maybe not. You meanwhile can stay as our guest here, we may have another conversation sometime"

She nodded "Thank you for your information, it may prove to be….useful. Let us hope your mad Anzati friend does'nt come calling otherwise we may all be in trouble….."

She turned away still holding the wayfinder nodding for Beaumont to follow. They would need to find a bit of privacy if the wayfinder was going to reveal anything.

darthbernael likes this.