main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode V: Twilight of the Force II: A Father’s Fate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Nov 5, 2019.

1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Combo w/ Sinre

IC: Chancellor Feyna Organa, Isolder, Triebakk, Piett, Thrawn, and Kre'frey

Coruscant

There is a Death Star in orbit. Its reactor...it's charging--

Feyna's heart plummeted.

The skeletal spheroid appeared to be the prototype Drayson's team had found in the Maw (there had better not be another one anywhere)...but hadn't they said it was non-operational?

Something had obviously been gravely overlooked.

I shouldn't have let them stay on it. I should have had them just blow it up then, and made them find somewhere else.

I shouldn't have gone to Takodona. I should have gone to the base. I should have let Dad go to Mimban. I should have made Leia meet Arek and Lyz. I shouldn't have fought with Anakin and Han. I should have checked the damn Box.

Feyna had a lot of "should-have's" on her conscience, but this one might top the list.

There wasn't time to thoroughly read Triebakk in on the Yuuzhan Vong and the think-tank, but if they all died in the next few minutes, it wouldn't matter anyway.

"Can the fleet mount an attack? Does this thing even have shields?" Was there time?

She didn't want to get overconfident, but with much of the weapon's internal structure exposed, there might be a tiny chance...and even if they were about to die, she wasn't going down without a fight.

The Bothan was forlorn, unsure what to say. "The fleet has been distracted by a Mandalorian battleship which has just arrived. Its avenue of approach suggests it jumped from Entralla - and there is a small flotilla of armed freighters and small ships with it..."

Isolder cursed. "Just focus on the Death Star."

Orders went out, and vessels began to turn, including the Home One, fire lancing out and impacting upon the external superstructure. They were not entirely in range, and the Mandalorian arrival may very well have cost them the brutal seconds -

Triebakk howled, and Isolder took Feyna's hand in his. He looked at her, searching the face of the Chancellor. "I love you, Feyna. If we survive this, do you think we could pull forward the marriage date?"

The Wookiee pretended to ignore them in their moment.

Feyna tried not to look afraid, but he probably knew she was terrified.

"If we survive this, we can elope if you want to." It sounded a little like one of those crazy we're-about-to-die things to say, but she was actually being semi-serious.

They could re-visit wedding plans later; they needed to focus on the surviving part first. She gave him a kiss and a soft I love you before looking back to the battle.

Feyna was aware that by destroying this Death Star, she might be dooming the team on board, and sacrificing all their Yuuzhan Vong material--but if it was here, then in all likelihood the team was already dead. Had Rax killed them?

And though the Mandalorians were less concerning to her at the moment, Entralla caught her attention. Was it Ka'rta?

"Try to comm Piett again," she said to Isolder, still grasping his hand. "If these are the Mandalorians who were at Entralla, he'll be wanting a word with them."

She didn't want to say too much in front of Triebakk or Kre'frey, but if it was Ka'rta, she might have gotten the answers that Thrawn had sent her after.

Piett came back immediately, overriding the vision of Coruscant. "Um, we flew the shuttle inside the Death Star hangar, we're shooting at a man in a Black-Coat who is being pursued by... maybe, Qwi."

"Admiral?" Thrawn's stilted voice came out of range of the image.

Triebakk frowned but Piett paused. "We just blew up Jyn's ship, Chancellor, but this man is trying to escape and if Qwi is trying to stop him..." He looked at Triebakk. "... my co-pilot believes Qwi knows enough about superweapons that if she is chasing him, then he is the best person to stop this."

Isolder's eyes widened. "Did your co-pilot convince you to be a hero?"

"Sorry, Chancellor, I was flying the shuttle myself, I need to focus -"

"The Chancellor should not worry. This clearly a prototype, and if it was able to jump into hyperspace and maintain weapons' charge, Coruscant would already be gone - I estimate we have five minutes," came Thrawn, again not entering the shot, perhaps having worked out that the Wookiee was present.

Kre'frey was still on the line. "FIVE MINUTES! That's not enough time!"

It's longer than Alderaan had, Feyna couldn't help thinking.

But Kre'frey still had a point, five minutes wasn't a lot of time. They couldn't evacuate, and issuing a warning wouldn't do any good.

Qwi was still alive, though, chasing after someone who was probably Rax. Even if she caught him, was five minutes even long enough to get him to shut down the station? Feyna was dubious, personally.

"You understand that I cannot ask the fleet to stand down--we're not just going to sit for five minutes and wait to see if it fires or not."

She was basically telling them, she also would not wait to make sure they were off the station before the fleet destroyed it. There were trillions of lives at stake, she couldn't risk that to save a few.

It wasn't a decision she liked having to make. But had the situation been reversed, had she been up on that Death Star, she wouldn't have expected any different from anyone else.

Thrawn didn't respond, and Piett winced. "We are landing, Chancellor. I'll let you know how we do -"

He signed off without anything further, and Isolder pursed his lips, squeezing Feyna's hand tight. He noticed, and loosened it, and he looked at her. "Do we need to tell the planet?"

Triebakk furiously shook his head. He didn't want the citizens of the planet to spend their last moments in panic. The upper towers of Coruscant would see the new moon, and the orbital ships, yes, but word would take as long as they had left to spread, at which point it would be irrelevant.

The Chancellor did have an override over the local HoloNet installed into the office, so Feyna could speak to everyone immediately in an emergency.

Minutes were what they were.

Feyna bit her lip, eying the HoloNet override with distaste. She agreed with Triebakk; there was no point in making an announcement at this point; if all failed and the weapon fired, people would only spend their last minutes in frenzied panic. It might be kinder to leave them in ignorance.

And if Xux, Piett, and Thrawn succeeded in catching Rax and deactivating the Death Star, or if the fleet destroyed it before it was charged, a premature declaration of the planet's imminent destruction would create unnecessary panic, and a lot of anger later.

"If we hear back from Piett that the weapon has been shut down, I'll announce something then." The Death Star wouldn't escape everyone's notice, and those who did see it would need reassurance once the danger was past.

"But I think we should contact Raddus, and Master Bnar if we can, so they are prepared in...in case the worst happens." She didn't know if there were any Senators currently off-world, so it would most likely fall to Raddus and Bnar to lead the Republic until elections could be held--if the Republic survived at all.

She looked to Triebakk. "If there is anyone you wish to contact, just in case...?" She let the words hang unspoken, unsure if he would or not, then turned to Isolder, her voice dropping to little more than a whisper. "What about your mother?"

And perhaps she ought to call Winter...

TAG: @Sinrebirth

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Courscant

"Those Dikuta Besom," Ka'rta said shaking her head looking at the skeletal form of the Death Star or the Ultimate Weapon. It was back, they brought it back. Why? Because it worked so well the last time… There wasn't time for that, it was holding course and the New Republic was holding their ground. That was fine. It didn't matter, Owen needed help and needed help now. Finding a Medical ship in the fleet she set her sights on them. As she threw the throttle to full she opened a line to the Home One.

"This is Ka'rta Dar'solus of Mandalore, Requesting medical aid." She hoped her name recognition would be enough. The mandalorians had been at peace with the Republic for a while, and while her actions might be deplorable, she'd had a rough time of it. And it seemed they had bigger issues than the ransacking of a planet in the outer rim. "I am willing to exchange information for this aid…" She was just going to give them the planet she tore from the moff's mouth. It wouldn't stop her from following or participating in the fight. She'd made a promise. "My forces are not here to fight you, but we will if you make us, think carefully before opening fire."

"All forces stand down, this isn't our fight, unless they want to make it ours." She ordered to the fleet behind her. The order was clear, don't fire unless fired upon. She looked upon the skeleton of the planet killer she thought of her daughter down below, on the planet about to be killed.

"You," She called behind her to the Death Watch tending to her adopted father. "Get him ready to transport I want him off my ship and in their care as soon as possible understand."

With that handled she patched into Tor's comm, or what she hoped was Tor's comm if Owen had given her the right one.

"Tor, ad'ika," Her voice was firm but one could feel the care in her voice. "I need you to tell me where you are and get to the closest landing pad. I'm coming to pick you up...now."

Tor
    Senate

It seemed an easy thing to sneak int the senate building, at least to Tor. A trio of armed and dangerous beings just simply walked down a hall and knocked on a door. It opened showing an older human looking back at them, his eyes wide. There were some similarities between him and their target though he looked older. Right away Fett started blasting, shooting a lady in the chest and leaving her sprawling on the floor in front of the young hunter. Instantly Tor drew her weapon drawing down on the security guard. She didn't fire, not unless he chose to be a hero.

The lady reached out to her pleading. She was injured and going to die if Tor didn't do something. Was it really her place to help? This woman wasn't Mandalorian, wasn't her Vode. Her Burir had taught her to only help Vode or those that could be useful...wait she was the Chancellor's aide or something...was that like the Hand? They could be important...saving her...well, it was her that caused it so would that really help?

She looked back to the injured woman then back to the guard. Keeping her weapon trained on him she scooted over to the lady named Winter. Bending down she found a stim, one, the one her mother gave her...for emergencies.

"It will keep you alive when you need it." She recalled the stern Hand of Mandalor telling her. Bending down she quickly injected it. It would keep her alive for now...though not for much longer.

"If you want this lady to survive give us what we want, Gaul...the senator one...the one you want gone. Do it fast and she lives." Once again Tor tried to not sound like the preteen she was but her voice ended up cracking. They were close, so close, she'd almost bagged her frist bounty...her mother would be so proud of her.

That was when her mother's message came…

"Uhh, Fett," Ka'rta said over their shared comm channel, and through her helmet that kept the sound of her voice from traveling. "My Burir is in orbit...she wants me to meet her…"

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    In Battle

Madelyn felt a burst of courage as her battle meditation worked, and felt the courage of those around them, on their side and the frightened state of those who were not. She grounded herself, trying to see what was happening outside the ship, trying to focus their attack so they could win, and then there was a sense of danger as they were fired upon. Madelyn felt the ship shake, felt the presence of a ship next to them of Master Windu, and tried to use the force to slow their decent down. Madelyn knew enough about ships to know that they were in trouble, and once again; started to bark out orders.

"The back of the ship is gone, we don't have much time." Madelyn opened her eyes, but kept herself focused so they wouldn't lose momentum in the battle. "If we can get aboard the Rogue Shadow, now we would the time to find out." She eyed the Star Destroyer. "And you know what would be even better? If we can get everyone off, and then send this ship right into that Star Destroyer." Madelyn knew it sounded crazy, but she had heard of using broken ships to disable live ones before. It was a long shot, and it would require power. Both the force and a ship to drag it to get enough momentum to be faster then the lasers firing. "I know it sounds crazy. But we have to take it out somehow or at least distract that Star Destroyer so someone else can take it out. Evacuate. Now!"

IC: Leia Skirata-Linnett

Twist, twist, twist, fighting Abeloth

Leia looked over sharply at her Master, as he spoke to her about fighting together and the colour blue suiting her. She smiled a little, feeling better now that Master Katarn was awake and more confident as she took a defensive position. But Abeloth was strong and Leia realised she had to do her best if they wanted to survive. She looked up at the monster and took a sharp breath, trying to quickly figure out a weakness.

"Master? We have to get that thing distracted." Leia said quickly, and quietly. "Before it does anymore damage."

With a touch of the Force to her, Abeloth leapt forward, tentacles coiling beneath her, and then she pushed off the ground, up and above them. Katarn threw out a Force push - she crashed through it and slammed on top of them both, bowling them over. Her monstrous limbs seemed everywhere, seizing upon Katarn's neck, another wrapping around Leia's fragile weapon arm, another encircling her shoulders and pulling her closer to Abeloth's over-sized mouth of dagger teeth.

Her eyes, black, black, black, apart from the pinprick pupils, stared hungrily, greedily, upon Leia.

Katarn's lightsaber fell from his grip as she crushed his wrist, and he flicked his fingers to push it towards Leia's free arm -

Then he kicked and punched and fought against the creature - who paid only Leia heed -

Leia screamed out as she was grabbed, and her Master attacked. The hand in which her weapon resided was gripped painfully and Abeloth seemed to only be targeting her. Leia struggled against the grip, and turned her head just in time to see Master Katarn use the force to toss her his lightsaber as his wrist was crushed and Leia felt it fly to her hand as she grabbed it with the force. Leia activated it and swung low to cut her other hand free by slicing through one of Abeloth's tentacles, and raised both of them up, trying to get as close as she could to take this monster out-

Abeloth allowed the slice, slice, slice, not even realising as she consumed Leia's fear. She lost half her arms in the flurry, before she gently, and yet not, drew Leia closer, grinning malevolently. A flutter of the Force and the lightsaber was drained, and her drew face so her nose met Leia's.

Kyle was submerged in tentacles, struggling, but he opened his mouth to utter, "fear," before his mouth was full of tentacle. Abeloth had all manner of wound and scar and cut upon her arms, but all that meant is her limbs were burning hot as she pressed the damaged one to Kyle and Leia. "My sweet, feed me, and I shall be reborn anew. This body will birth my child, and I shall take it as my perfected form, but in the meantime, you shall give me your Master with your offering... and I will take you when you have given me all I need."

She was a monster from horror, from nightmares, but she wanted Leia to be conscious, and provide her with sustenance. Shara she had used up, and happily so. Shara did not have the Force; Leia did. Leia was perfect. Until her child, in her womb, was nearly ready -

Such was her power, that all these wounds meant so little to her. The body was just a husk, to be used, and used and used. As all mortals were.

Abeloth didn't even stop her cutting at her tentacles, such was her supremacy in this moment -

A tentacle held her mouth, another prised it open, slowly but surely -

Leia struggled as she was brought closer, and felt a surge through the force telling her to escape. Leia looked around, knowing she had to figure out a way to get everyone out of her especially her Master, and she didn't know how to keep this monster from hurting them. Leia took a sharp breath and gripped the lightsaber's harder in her hands, the humming of them becoming loud in her ears as she pulled desperately on the force because she had to get out and get rid of this monster.

Force guide me and show me the way. Please.

Firstly, there was another life, monstrous and hungry, beating in Abeloth's womb. It was both her and another, a deeper Darkness. For a moment the Force spoke of the horrible events that would follow the creature.

Secondly, there was her fear, and the Force gave her the ability to see that she was connected to Abeloth through it, and indeed she was gorging herself upon Leia's fear. But the bond was there...

Leia frowned and shut her eyes, feeling the darkness within Abeloth, and the creature stirring within. It wanted Leia to be scared, but it still felt like Abeloth was suffering to her. She looked up and took a deep breath, reaching out with the force, with the light to try to counter the darkness that was pouring out of this creature. "You will not have me." Leia told her quietly, keeping her lightsabers ready. "And you have suffered long enough. I can see the creature inside you. It's eating away, and it wants me to suffer too." Leia gave a steady gaze to the monstrous creature. "I will not let you put that suffering onto others."

Abeloth, presently drawing hard on Leia, sucked up her light greedily, and cried out, clearly having been using Leia's fear to fuel all her fasts. She recoiled, breaking free of her and Kyle, who promptly plucked Vhardia's lightsaber from Leia's hand and decapitated Abeloth -

The woman tottered - and fell -

With a firm crash.

The moment ended, and it would end for them all.

Leia would be assailed by a hundred small wounds, bruises and contusions, but she was alive, and she had succeeded.

The lightsaber crystal within Kyle's blade seemed to approve of her, and shone a connection between her and it.

Leia landed on the ground and rolled as Abeloth freed her, breathing heavily as she lay upon the ground, bruised and broken. She slowly stood up as the lightsaber in her hand and the force seemed to hum pleasantly and looked over at Master Katarn. "Master? It's over now?" She breathed heavily and looked around. It didn't feel as dark as before, and Leia felt warm with the light. She deactivated the blade and reached out, throwing her arms around Master Katarn in a hug.' "We Won!"

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu

There was no time to celebrate. Not yet. Vaapad gripped him until the battle was ended. This was his mission, now. This was his task. Nothing else mattered.

He steaded himself as the Shadow angled its boarding ramp towards the crippled Mandalorian vessel. He adjusted his breathing mask, half remembering from some reading he'd done years ago that Mandalorian armor was sometimes good in limited exposure to vacuum. Other hatches were open, as well. However the crew of that ship was planning to come, they'd be ready.

He held his lightsaber in his hand, in case he needed to cut open a pod.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @TheSilentInfluence

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Agate
    Heading to the Rogue Shadow, Battle of Kashyyyk's end

The New Republic commodore nodded at Madelyn's idea, and Agate and the others aboard nuzzled the ship with the Rogue Shadow, and Huyang had them across soon enough, Mace ready to assist - and the Mandalorian ship arched forward, a flame, it's missiles activated -

Besieged, it's shields down and defences breached, the mighty Derriphan was nonetheless ready, and Pryde grinned maniacally as his fourteen year long revenge came to fruition -

"Sir! Look!"

His eyes ripped from the planet as the reactor aboard the Xyston-class Star Destroyer fired -

Madelyn's ship slammed into the gun -

The bolt from the Derriphan sliced through her Mandalorians, incinerated the advancing Wookiee forces, as well as Joren Sole -

And then the Star Destroyer exploded, and the bolt withered away as it's source became a fireball -

The droid fleet was damaged by the shock, already scattered and shot-up by the Hapans and survivors of the Third Fleet, and it seemed to writhe as if an injured animal, rushing through the Hapan lines without any thought for its defence. In that moment more Eternal battlecruisers were destroyed than in the entire battle, but even then, thousands of the vessels escaped, vanishing into hyperspace.

It was over.

The recovery had to happen, and the Song of War, the Hapan flagship, summoned the command staff to the hangar for recovery. All manner of motley ship and survivor headed to the planet to release its contents, and the larger capital ships became repair docks and makeshift triage vessels. The fleet did not win so much collectively exhale and collapse.

In short order, Madelyn, Windu, Huyang, the injured commodore Agate and Astarta, the Hapan military leader, all stood around a swiftly setup circular holo-table, in a briefing moment that would remind the Korunnai Jedi Master of the meeting he had held with Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla, Depa and Ahsoka all those years ago as Kenobi headed into combat with Greivous.

They were reaching out for Coruscant -

And a report that a Death Star had appeared in orbit.

And another report that the Mandalorian's had attacked Entralla...

TAG: @BobaMatt, @TheSilentInfluence (please see below)
    ---
    IC: Boba Fett
    Norin meeting room, Coruscant

As Tor stepped over and gave a stim to the aide, Winter, the bounty hunter Fett spent the moment trying to ascertain whether the youngster had done so out of charity, or indeed out of a way to twist Norin up. The Senator of Nubia growled; looking down at the woman, who was still unconscious.

"Aryan is at the Indigo Tower," Norin snapped. "I'll arrange you a speeder - an unmarked one, at that. He's with his other Centrist and Imperial allies."

Ike tapped his chin. "And the others present?"

"I don't care," Norin said. "But do whatever you need to do to complete the bounty. I want him dead."

Fett stared at Tor. "This entire bounty, it stinks. We have to keep our word," he said through their comms, "and our contract, but that doesn't mean we take open-ended political hits without renegotiating our fee. Call her to the Senate building, and we'll have a chat. She's a Hero of the last war; the Chancellor will let her through, no doubt of that."

Ike nudged Fett, and eyed the man standing silently in the corner - Del. His face was rigid, and Ike held out a hand, choking the man with the Force. "Do we trust this one?"

Norin snorted. "Del is my man. He's been running our little side business for months."

"Ah yes," Ike said, drily, releasing the bodyguard. "You got the delivery on Mustafar?"

"I did," Norin said, cagily, in-front of the two bounty hunters. "I don't understand how you arranged the delivery."

"Simple," Ike smiled. "I'm not from this reality either." His eyes narrowed and peered at Winter. "She's not dead, maybe I'll use the Force to keep her alive, if she's that important; maybe even do some judicious wiping of that little mind of hers?"

Norin paused. There had been that strange moment in their private room... was Nola loyal? He'd always imagined her connection to Del was the one weakness in his setup, and while he had these hunters here...

"We'll need to make it look plausible," he said to reticent hunters. "Smash up the place as you go; head to my private landing zone." Norin eyed the jetpack on Fett's back. "I'm sure you can use that to get to Indigo Tower."

It of course played perfectly into what Ka'rta had asked of her daughter - to meet her.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    IC: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Aboard the Death Star Prototype

The Fleet Admiral cried out before Qwi compelled him to go, and Rax's eyes went glassy and he headed off. Thrawn watched in absent fascination, and looked to Piett. "Follow him; we don't have much time."

He eyed the Omwati, and Beaumont. He seemed in shock, and Thrawn looked to him. "There's a medpac aboard my shuttle; we need a stim." Beaumont, eyes brimming with unshed tears, nodded, a chop-like, rushed motion, and he scrambled to head to the ramp. In a moment he was present, pushing the needle into the her neck - carefully - and the adrenaline would wake her in a flash - and awaken her to a bruised, battered, and indeed exhausted body, even through the drugs.

Thrawn had pulled out a comlink, standing a respectful distance from Qwi, keyed to the New Republic channel, and he heard Ka'rta's message. "Very good," he said to himself, and, a moment later, the Death Star Prototype silenced itself - it had worked. A moment later, the shaking of the fire of the New Republic fleet stopped - their sensors had seen as much too.

"It's over, then," Thrawn said, anti-climatic, but satisfied. "Ka'rta has the data I requested of him, and would leverage for medical care - I imagine that the Chancellor will agree to that."

"The threat is undone, and it would seem appropriate that you and I have a chat with the Chancellor, no?" Thrawn keyed his comlink to the Chancellor's Office.

---
    Mandalorian stand-off, in orbit

The Osik rushed forward, of course, and there was a brief moment of discord with the New Republic before Kre'frey came across the channel lamely requesting Ka'rta to hold position, and keyed her through to the Chancellor's Office. He did however authorise the Redemption to head towards the Mandalorian flotilla, under the guns of the Home One. In a flash of pseudo-motion, more warships piled in-system - Raddus and the other half of the First Fleet, staring at a Death Star that was pliant, and quiet.

It was a strange sight - and the old Admiral simply shook his head and asked to be patched through to the Chancellor.

---
    Chancellor's Office

The Death Star shut down, and Isolder could hardly believe his eyes or ears, the report interrupting what Triebakk had to say.

"We need to get a team aboard that thing," he said, still shocked. "Another team - a bigger one, even."

Triebakk looked to him. Another team? They had known of this station?

"It's a very long story involving ancient technology, the threatened destruction of several worlds, and Darth Zorn."

Then the various reports came in; Thrawn had Qwi Xux on the line for them, and Piett and Beaumont Kin, too, from the Death Star, which was now pliant. Jyn was there too, and had stunned Rax unconscious and taped his mouth, hands and feet for good measure. Kre'frey had Ka'rta on the line, fresh from Entralla, and having Intel to share, and Raddus was in-system as well.

"I am willing to exchange information for this aid…My forces are not here to fight you, but we will if you make us, think carefully before opening fire."

Leverage was a thing, and Ka'rta's message made it across, though a concession had been made to their allies - the word of her attack on Entralla had not spread through the establishment, and the Redemption was sent on the basis there had been confusion, not an assault.

Had they known about Entralla, perhaps there would have been a on-going brawl, who knows.

As Ka'rta was escorted to the planet by E-wings, and her flotilla surrounded by twenty Star Destroyers and Star Cruisers - supporting her single battleship - the Death Star stood there, as a new and incredible moon, and there were reports - less panicked ones, as the minutes rolled by, of the prototype, especially when it rotated its dish away from Coruscant.

But there was no word from Kashyyyk, yet.

Not yet.

No, wait, there was -

A communique from Kashyyyk -

In short order they all stood before each other.

Chancellor Feyna Organa, Prince Isolder, Senator Triebakk of Kashyyyk, Mandalore's Madelyn Linnett and Ka'rta, Hapan General Astarta, New Republic Commodore Agate, Jedi Master Mace Windu, Grand Admirals Thrawn and Piett, Jyn Erso, Death Star designer and former war criminal Qwi Xux, and of course Beaumont Kin, young archaeologist.

All the pieces of the puzzle were in this discussion.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @JediMasterAnne, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @BobaMatt, (single posts only, for the moment, I will update as much as you write)

TAG: @HanSolo29 (to continue) in the Indigo Tower

TAG: @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne (Nola and Arek combo to continue) in the Private Suite of the Nubian Quarter

TAG: @QueenSabe7 (continue our mad mad mad combo)

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Zorn
    Raging, Exegol, in the depths of the Unknown Regions

The rage of the Dark Lord of the Sith consumed the surface of Exegol. Within the monolith, Sith statues that had stood for millennia were torn apart; ancient spirits that snarled and sniped at Zorn were erased; Sith Eternal acolytes were thrown up in the storm of his anger, ripped to shreds and battered to death.

He stood on his Sith throne, and glowered at them all.

The Battle of Kashyyyk was a disaster.

The planet lived.

His son was missing.

His father still had to emerge from his exile to stop him.

The galaxy was opposing him...

... it had to be ruined, to force his father to come out of exile and stop him.

He would not fail.

But they couldn't reach him here on Exegol, even if they knew the name of his world.

The wayfinder in his possession, it was paired, yes, but the other had never been found, and he'd had fourteen years and near-infinite resources to use to find it. Usurped had the throne of Palpatine been, and his cloning experiments ended here and on Byss and Wayland - no matter how often the acolytes here attempted to restart the project when they thought him distracted.

Zorn leered upon them, and he gestured, sending his mind through the technology present, as the thousands of Eternal battlecruisers made their way back, their droid-wills enslaved to his Sith Eternal Throne, and the tens of thousands of Xyston-class Star Destroyers that were ready and readied.

With that technology he reached the waypoint of Esfandia and attached himself to the HoloNet.

The signal was completely untraceable.

They knew not where he was; they knew not what he had; they only had fear, and their data from his thwarted assault.

He would tell them.

People of the galaxy.

It is I, Darth Zorn.

The HoloNet showed his Sith armada, framed in the storms of Exegol.

[​IMG]

Your Chancellor has hidden the truth of my return from you, so I will tell you of it.

My weapons had struck at Mandalore and Kashyyyk.

Millions are dead; my tests are complete.

My technology, it was used, abused, and consumed Metellos; billions died.

I send you an image of what I have.

Of what I shall unleash.

Tens of thousands of planet-killers, constructed by Palpatine, and who I killed; for you.

Like I slew Emperor Amedda.

Like I murdered Darth Maul.

I am your savoir, but no more.

Unless the galaxy hands to me Anakin Skywalker in sixteen hours.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @JediMasterAnne, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @BobaMatt

This starts off your meeting as Qwi, Feyna, Ka'rta, Madelyn, and Mace.

TAG: @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @darthbernael, @darthhelinith (for your information only at this stage)

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Narrator
    The Maw, Deep Zone Two, aboard the Supremacy

The moments turned with incredible pace.

In a few seconds, there were two casualties.

Ood Bnar was dead; so was Abeloth.

They teetered, and fell, and Vhardia would be abruptly yanked from her mindscape to the moment at hand, the pain that rose in her a mirror to that Helinith had recently felt too.

There was a reeling pain in Bernael, as the death - both deaths, for something had happened to Abeloth in the Beyond Shadows - slammed into him, punching his bond with him. In that moment, the Eye wheeled upon him, manacling his power for the moment.

Kyle was overwhelmed by Leia's joy, and held her close, until he realised what they had lost. He looked pained, and there was a flicker to him that he instantly suppressed. A kinship between him and Bernael, almost.

Renn would have the death of the Jedi Grandmaster on his conscience - the reaction of Vhardia to it all -

But Bernael could feel in his mind, that his connection to the darkness at the very heart of the Maw was unabated.

He had triggered something truly monstrous - he had opened a Door to the Dark, and there was a cacophony of alarms through the Supremacy.

MASSIVE GRAVITY SHIFT IN THE MAW. REPEAT. MAW GRAVITY INTENSIFYING. BLACK HOLE STABILITY COMING TO AN END.

BB-8 whistled a panicked update; that the various black-holes that made up the Maw Cluster were increasing their exceeding delicate gravitic balance - and the entire cluster was about to crush them all. Shara came too, awoken by the alarm, and looked at Ood, at Abeloth, whose decapitated visage returned to that of the long-dead Jori Atreus -

They had minutes to escape; their final confrontation had been well and truly interrupted.

The Eye chuckled to itself, a clearly intelligent and treacherous individual at the heart of much more than it claimed to be.

A ship in the shape of an oversized eye, veined and with immense, web-like steering vanes, rushed out of the Maw.

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheSilentInfluence, @darthhelinith, @TheAdmiral (mentioned as your body is no longer being rented by a Chaos Goddess in this AU), @QueenSabe7 (updated TAG, but not for responding to)

8. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Qwi Xux

Qwi knew from the look on Rax's face she had succeeded. But she felt Pascale's Echo collapse and then with one last look at Beaumont she let the darkness take her.

It wasn't long though before she was woken up again, nearly shooting her body into an upright position. But her body and mind were still exhausted despite the jolt and she was in pain all over. She looked to the side and saw Beaumont. And he looked like he was going to burst into tears.

She caressed his face gently and said weakly "Thank you" she took a shuddering breath "Definitely need...a bit of...privacy".

She felt safe with him but in front of her was still Thrawn. He seemed to be talking into a comlink and ignoring her..until he mentioned something about talking to the Chancellor.

Qwi felt exhausted and all she wanted to do was rest. Besides with what she had done, would anybody believe the testimony of a war criminal?

And then came the message from one Darth Zorn. And he was basically threatening the galaxy unless Anakin Skywalker came back.

The Echo was down at the moment, it was obviously choosing to take a rest break unlike her. But was what Rax said to her was linked to this. Was this why he wanted to get to Exegol?.

"Rax...wanted to go to...a planet called...Exegol" she said her voice slightly stronger but she was not sure if it would broadcast over the comm "don't know...if linked to...Zorn's message".

"Rax...also had...a Sith wayfinder...which could...lead him...there.He was….manic...like it...was important...he go. To finish...his Master's plans….probably the same...as Zorn's".

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @BobaMatt

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Vhardia
    Grieving

Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion.
    The tentacled creature fell, slain by some unseen foe, but Vhardia could only stare at the fallen body of Master Ood, last neti of the Jedi order.
    There might have been a siren or something, it wasn’t important any more. None of it was.

BB-8 continued to nudge her, something about black holes and gravity and leaving…
    “Why?” she croaked at him. What’s the point?
    There was a series of further binary beeps, something about how the black holes had suddenly shifted, as BB-8 misunderstood her question.
    “Go with Shara.” Vhardia told him. “She’ll look after you.”

The droid complained noisily.
    “Because of all the damn jedi who have died recently, at least the grand master should have a proper burial!” she yelled at him and sprang up suddenly, dashing to the jedi master’s side, ignoring the dark side creature that had killed him and Renn for now.

She pulled the body of the neti over her and staggered a little under the weight and size.
    BB-8 followed her and tried to support the back of it as best he could with his head, a difficult feat for a droid of his size.

Tags: @darthbernael (x2) @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  10. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: All movements of Vhardia approved by @darthhelinith

IC Renn
    Grief and Escape

Renn had felt it, felt that something was going to happen but he wasn’t prepared for the violence of it. In one instance the second dark presence ceased harming Vhardia, ceased their attack on Leia, ceased being. The sudden decrease in her presence, however, did nothing to cause a decline in the dark energy swirling around.

He heard his ‘Twin’s’ voice and turned his head. A howl erupted at seeing Ood’s head in the creature’s hand. He’d felt that the fellow Neti had set himself upon a fool’s errand but the depth his foe had taken it to shocked even him. And then the second shock set in….Ood was, had been, the only other living Neti he knew of. He...was….alone.

The ship rocked, breaking him from his grief for a moment and he felt it. Something had happened to the Maw, had broken the locks on it, he felt. And then the alarms from the ship and from the little droid seemed to confirm it. They had to get out of here, and fast. An almost growl erupted from his throat, he’d have to settle with his ‘Twin’ later.

Turning back to the tableau before him he could feel grief even more intense than his radiating off of Vhardia. Trying to find the peace and calm the Light radiated inside him he set aside his own grief for now, as best he could. Moving over to her, ”Vhardia...we have to go. Ood deserves a better funeral than being left on a rock about to be sucked into any one of several black holes.”

She didn’t seem to be listening, seemed to be lost in the grief and need to do right by the Grandmaster. He admired how she tried to lift Ood and carry him but she’d never be able to do so on her own, or in any time that would let her survive as well.

Taking her in one arm, cradling her close, even as she sobbed and hit him to get back to Ood, he reached around the body of his old friend, lifting it gently as well. His burning eyes met Shara’s, ”Get the ship started, I will get him secured but I’m not leaving her alone right now.”

Step by slow step, he walked toward their ship, keeping his senses out for his foe even still, in case he had to defend Vhardia or Ood’s body, or the others. Eventually they made it inside, where he laid Ood on a bed in one cabin, before moving to the main cabin, sitting on one of the benches, cradling Vhardia loosely in his arms, should she want to be let go of, as they waited for Shara to find a way, any way out of here.

And only then did he allow his own grief to wash over him.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @TheSilentInfluence

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Double Post approved by GM

IC Bernael
    Loss and Departure

Bernael roared, power flaring, as he felt the death of Abeloth and, even more, the death of their offspring. He began to stalk toward the Jedi. And then….

And then he felt his power muffled, felt an odd connection. The first brought out another roar, internally, that he and the Eye would have ‘words’ when the time allowed. The second gave him pause, ’Why that Jedi, what have we in common?’ His deep, black eyes skewered Katarn, saber raised, igniting, pointed at the man.

”One day...one day you and I Will speak.” he warned.

Laughing at the young human Jedi and the Neti, watching their ‘moment’ as it were, He crooked a finger. Abeloth’s body floated to him, hovering at his side. His head cocked to the side for a moment, a smile forming on his lips.

”The Maw is open, Darkness spills forth, and now...it eats itself. Flee if you can. Although...only the tree and the male human needs to survive. I have further business with those two.”

He turned and, at another gesture, the scream of metal sounded. His Fury, ripped open as Abeloth made her way toward the Jedi earlier, knit back together. In mere moments it stood whole and unbroken before him. The Supremacy rocked as the black holes devoured space around them. Making his way across the rubble strewn hangar, he chuckled and threw out a wave of Force at the landing struts of both the freighter and the ship the other two Jedi had arrived in, intending to disable the craft to a degree, and make their departure that much harder.

As he stalked toward the landing ramp his mind gathered up all the shreds and fragments of both Abeloth and then proto offspring, binding them to him, keeping them from fully slipping away. Even should her primary essence be gone, he’d find a body the remnants could grow in and be reborn. And, if any of the cells of that offspring were still viable, they could be nurtured in a tank, but that was for later.

He boarded, dropping the body in the medbay, giving the doctor droid there it’s instructions. As he left he saw the limp form secured in a tube, ready to be harvested and safe for transport. His mind reached out, to the Eye, ’Who, what are you? And why have you chosen to interfere with me completely fulfilling my task?’

He let the thought stew as he entered the bridge. He could see the Neti carrying the human woman and the corpse of Ood Bnar toward their ship and he chuckled, such attachment would be the downfall of his Twin. But he would remember the face, the essence, of the Jedi woman, she seemed important to his Twin, which could be a further key to his battle against the Light.

A command to the pilot AI and the Fury lifted, turning toward the exit to the hangar. As the ship cleared the hangar, he pressed the firing stud and a brace of torpedoes leaped out, bracketing the hangar entrance. He desired that his Twin and that one with the odd connection survive but he was not going to make it easy or simple for them.

Now in open space, he heard the message broadcast by Zorn. A deep chuckle echoed around the bridge as he thought for a moment. Stalking to the main holo table, he opened a program, ”Trace that signal back to source.”

Moments passed as he waited, until a chime told him they’d found the source. Not one he could or would, at this time, be able to navigate to, but he could reply. ”Bounce the reply off of dozens of stations to destroy the backtrail.” Seconds passed, “Relay ready, Master.”

He pressed the transmit button, ”You sound desperate, godling, to claim victory for a battle all already know you did not fight. One day you’ll be worth more than a simple message, perhaps even a thought, but that day is not today.”

Releasing the stud, he felt, heard the engines spool up and the Fury leaped into hyper.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Chancellor Feyna Organa
    Chancellor's office, Coruscant

For a few long minutes, the Chancellor's office was tense silence. Once again, they were reduced to watching and waiting...

Then the reports came flooding in, and Feyna's comms were overwhelmed: the Death Star had been deactivated; Raddus was back in-system; Rax was in custody (Jyn was taking no more chances, from the sound of it); Ka'rta was requesting aid in exchange for information, likely pertaining to Entralla and Moff Ecressys; and Agate was calling from Kashyyyk, with Madelyn and General Astarta--and Master Windu.

Isolder was already talking of sending a new team up to the Death Star, presumably to regain control of the Yuuzhan Vong samples. "The only team I'm putting on that thing now would be to dismantle it," Feyna muttered bitterly, too low for anyone on comms to hear. They would have to find a new base of operations for the think-tank, but she was not going to risk such a massive screw-up as this again.

Of course, Zorn chose to make himself known, with an entire fleet of superweapon Star Destroyers, and an ultimatum: hand over Anakin Skywalker in the next sixteen hours, or he would loose his fleet on the galaxy.

Which meant the Republic had sixteen hours to find his fleet, and stop it.

Despite this new threat, Feyna had Isolder put out a brief statement to the public, to assure everyone that the Death Star, at least, was no longer a concern.

There were about a hundred other things that also needed discussing, but with so much going on at once, Feyna was just taking things as they came.

Qwi Xux said something about Rax wanting to go to Exegol--she didn't sound well, was she injured?--and a wayfinder that would lead there. What is a wayfinder?

And Feyna had never heard of Exegol, either. She addressed Thrawn over the same channel. "Admiral, anything you can tell us about Exegol?"

Was this where he suspected Zorn to be hiding?

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Jerjerrod-Lennox @galactic-vagabond422 @TheSilentInfluence @BobaMatt

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Mini-Update as the conversation in the Chancellor's office needs a lot of NPC involvement!

IC: Thrawn
    Chancellor's Office

His red eyes took in the room's other occupants as Isolder stepped out to briefly put the galaxy on hiatus.

Mace Windu, Madelyn Linnett, Ka'rta, Feyna Organa.

Each heroes of the last war; the one he had missed.

He turned back to the Chancellor after Qwi spoke.

"Admiral, anything you can tell us about Exegol?"

Thrawn refocused upon the Chancellor. "I know nothing of an Exegol, and though there may be a connection between Fleet Admiral Rax and our late Chancellor, which itself may connect us to Zorn, I do not believe we have time for a speculative deployment, unless we intend to divide our limited forces." He regarded Raddus. "I have my six Imperial Star Destroyers holding above N'Zoth, the source of the military raids on Metellos and also an abortive one on Fresia - though the Yevetha are not responsible for the destruction that befell the populace of Metellos. I would dedicate them to stopping Lord Zorn, and to New Republic command."

He eyed Ka'rta as if he suspected the woman had more to add.

Triebakk rumbled an enquiry as to whether war criminals and unrepentant Imperials were now to be included in the New Republic.

Admiral Piett looked inclined to comment, but an eye swivel of Raddus eye caused him to stop.

Isolder's comments were strung across the background of their conversation.

Citizens of Coruscant and the New Republic. I speak on behalf of the Chancellor, who is in the middle of engaging the crisis involving Darth Zorn with the Admiralty and leaders of the Senate. Please be rest assured that the Death Star prototype in orbit above Coruscant is under our control, in cooperation with the Imperial Remnant and New Republic Intelligence. We shall shortly be providing context to the words of Darth Zorn, and would reassure you that we have a galactic response planned. No one man can threaten the galaxy - our galaxy - the galaxy which fought off Emperor Amedda fourteen years ago - and expect us to comply. We do not negotiate with terrorists, Sith or otherwise.

For the part of Mace and Madelyn however, they would feel the Force surge with announcement; Ood Bnar was dead.

The Jedi were again bereft of a Grandmaster.

And they had no idea where the last Chosen One was.

On the Death Star, Beaumont aided Qwi with medical care, quietly doing so as the transmission continued. Jyn for her part tied up Rax again and again and again. The echo resonated with Qwi, restoring her slowly but surely. Her part was, in many ways, done, and Beaumont was eager to be able to step back. Indeed, he was conscious that Grand Admiral Thrawn had a vested interested in the Omwati, and surely they had done enough?

He eyed the black coat, and the wayfinder, and wondered, trying to catch her eye.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (first, please), @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @BobaMatt, @TheSilentInfluence
    ---
    IC: The Eye

Hyperspace, Transit

The words of Bernael - not Darth Bernael, not here - would eventually reach the ears of Zorn, truly, but whether he would respond, or care... it was less than clear.

The Eye seemed amused as the Anzati swept his beloveds' body away, aboard the Fury. Headless, it was already degrading without her power to sustain it, a dead body a very long time ago. The corpse was cooling slowly but surely, and examination would reveal that there was no cellular difference between the body and the hours-old fetus. Its spark seemed weak, albeit stronger than the dying skin surrounding it.

For a moment, the Eye projected itself into Bernael's mind.

It was a Black-Coat.

But... it seemed shorter than the one which he had seen in his flow-walking with Abeloth.

On his waist hung a lightsaber, and he shrugged.

[​IMG]

"I think it's time we had a real chat."

TAG: @darthbernael (combo)
    ---
    IC: Shara Dameron

Aboard the Otana, Maw, formerly, Supremacy, hangar

The Supremacy rocked as a plague of black-holes advanced upon the First Order fleet, shredding a Star Destroyer as if a piece of errant flimsi. The abandoned TIEs were sucked up, gobbled greedily. The hangar rocked with explosions, and Shara winced. The fleeing Fury had wrecked the edge of the bay, and debris crashed down and speared Katarn's ship.

He stuck out his tongue in annoyance, biting it for a moment, and then turned, ushering Leia up the ramp of the Otana, following the somber procession of Renn and Vhardia carrying the body of the Jedi Grandmaster. The Anzati had swept away Abeloth's dead form, and Kyle managed a stoic expression to it all. BB-8 keened loudly, saddened, devastated, even, notwithstanding his own miraculous survival.

There was a wave of explosions, and Shara tapped the comms.

"I need a Jedi who can fly through black-holes, please," she sounded desperate, and was struggling with lifting the ship up in the chaos, damaged as it was. They still had repulsor-lifts, after all.

Kyle looked into the void, and seemed to decide something. He handed his lightsaber to Vhardia, having used her for the fight, and sketched a salute at Leia.

"Look after my crystal, Padawan."

He dropped the ramp - leapt out, shoved it up with the Force.

And pushed them out of the Supremacy with the Force, leaving himself behind.

TAG: @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael (updated TAG)

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (outstanding Tor)

TAG: @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne (continue combo)

TAG: @HanSolo29 (continue combo)

TAG: @QueenSabe7 (continue combo)

14. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    IC Renn, Vhardia, Leia, and Shara
    Escaping

Renn looked on, almost helplessly as Kyle dropped out of the ship and pushed the freighter out of the Supremacy. He’d heard Shara’s plea and glanced at Vhardia, she was the most experienced of the two of them in flying modern craft but she was in no shape, at all, to fly. Pressing down his own grief, he stood, as the ship rocked in the pull of the, several, black holes that were now consuming everything in their paths.

Stumbling onto the bridge, ”Unless Leia can do it, we have no choice, I must.”

He sat behind the controls and then must have startled Shara as he closed his eyes, hands on the controls. But, in truth, he had sent his senses leaping out, borrowing a technique from Chiss navigators, Skywalking, seeing the path. And then his hands began flashing over the controls. ”Hang on, this isn’t going to be smooth.” he grunted out as his mind saw and his body reacted to the twisting tides of gravity.

The ship banked and swooped, shuddered and groaned, as he threw it through a variety of maneuvers to avoid certain death. His focus was completely on the task at hand and he did everything he could to get them free of the remnants of the Maw.

The ship buckled as gravity seized upon it, but Shara took the cue from Renn's guidance, touching power to engines and repulsors and attitude thrusters to support his nudges. "I thought you were a star pilot, Master Katarn?" Shara called out, surprised to see the Neti stepping in.

Leia and Vhardia had a lot to grieve today...

...if you've been up all night and cried until you have no more tears left in you- you will know that there comes in the end a sort of quietness. You feel as if nothing was ever going to happen again. -C.S.Lewis

It was that was that way with Vhardia now. She was vaguely aware of Renn leaving her at one point, the departure of his earthy smell was what clued her to it. She sat. Time passed in a dead calm, it could have been hours or just a few minutes, what did it matter?
    Eventually though, she became aware of the padawan, Leia nearby and though Vhardia had known Katarn as a respected member of the order, how much worse must it be for the padawan at loosing her master.
    Vhardia wiped her eyes with her sleeve and blew her nose into the lining of her cloak. She moved to sit by Leia.
    "Hey. You okay?"

Leia wasn't sure what to do. She gripped her Masters; her former Masters lightsaber tight in her hands, knuckles turning white. She wasn't angry, not really. But Leia did feel a profound sense of loss.

She was vaguely aware of someone sitting next to her and when she looked up she saw Vhardia. "My Master's gone." Leia told her quietly before she started to cry. Leia sobbed, throwing her arms around her, keeping the lightsaber in one of her hands as she cried.

Renn’s senses worked overtime as he lifted the freighter away from the effects of the black holes of the Maw. Time passed and he tried to keep the darkness of grief at bay so he could concentrate. The overwhelming emotions he felt as well as those rolling into his mind from the common area of the ship were trying to find gaps in his concentration as he flew.

Finally he saw the last of the path to escape the dangerous areas of the failing Maw. Setting the course he turned to Shara, ”Ood is gone, Kyle too….” His voice sounded hollow, even in his own ears.

He stood, staggering as the emotions battered his senses. Slowly walking, hugging the wall, he passed into the common area. Now fully exposed to the pain of both women, he staggered, almost bucking the bulkhead as he leaned against it.

Not knowing how he slowly made his way to the corridor to the cabins before he caught the scent of Ood, permeating his cabin and slipping into the hall. Falling against the door, he slid down, a large ball of green and brown, overwhelming loneliness and grief bursting forth, a phrase ripping from his lips, ”The...last..of..my...kind. No Ood, and Katarn gone too...My fault.”

Tags: @darthbernael @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth
    (Thanks for the combo, y'all gonna kill me with all these feels.)

15. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Mace Windu

The ship was thick and heavy with grief. He felt himself sinking against a bulkhead. All these faces Mace had only seen in visions or holoprojections, news updates, all together. But in the grief, Windu felt a glimmer of hope. The Jedi had not been extinguished. They had taken root and survived, like a sapling cracking through duracrete toward the light.

"Madelyn," he croaked. "I've been gone for so long. Would you do me the honor of catching me up. Time...worked differently, where I was. Would you humor an old man?"

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  17. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Bernael and the Eye, with @Sinrebirth
    The Eye and the Dark God

Bernael felt a tug in his mind. As the Fury travelled, he closed his eyes and let himself sink into his mind. As he opened his eyes onto that plane, he saw the usual landscape but then a figure began to hove into view. His anger began to surge as he saw it was a black coated figure. As it fully was enfleshed, he noticed the shorter stature, and the Forcesaber at its belt.

"I think it's time we had a real chat."

And then the realization hit him, who it was……

He had to keep his mental self from surging forward, sure the Watcher would have prepared his own defenses, but his figure blazed with dark power, ”YOU!!!!” he almost growled the scream of the word.

The sound buffeted the cloak, but did not reveal his face.

"Me, me, me," he said, idly.

"Took you a while to catch on, didn't it?" He scooped the Forcesaber from it's clasp, regarding it. "It's a shame it's not the real one..."

"... not back where it belongs, sadly," a wryness sounded to his voice.

"You definitely stopped Watching a few millennia back, didn't you? And now? Well, now, you're a mess."

There was dry amusement to his voice. "What would the Master think of you?"

Bernael chuckled, a dark, harsh sound, eyes still blazing Darkness as he gazed at the Watcher, ”Knowing the Master and what he truly wanted, he would be pleased to see me as I am.”

He circled the Watcher, continuing, ”The old me, I had no choice but to intervene, the Master’s plans threatened, more and more often, to unravel the galaxy, idiot that I was I opposed them.”

Returning to face the cloaked one, ”But the Change happened, I set foot on the path to what I am becoming. So you tell me Watcher, are you such a fool as to think this isn’t one of the ways he hoped his plans would turn out?”

"The question is, my good friend, didn't you believe, in your heart of hearts, that the Master was a bad person? That he was tampering with things he should not? Was it love that saw you and the others serve him for as long as you did?"

He leered, leaning forward, hands enfolded.

"Or was it... dare I say it, your own dark desires to dominate all of existence? To profess Balance, but in-fact speak only in the subtle undertones of Control?"

There was a soft chuckle.

A growl met the comment then Bernael paused, standing almost statue still. ”Your Master set up my Master and I meeting. He knew what potential outcomes there could be, including this one. And until interference occurred and the Change, I suppressed my own inner Darkness, for the good of the galaxy.”

He stepped closer, the scentless scent of his opponent filling his senses, his own will rising up as he knew the Watchers stood resolute against his. ”Your Master wished the End of Time, the end of all, and I, and what I carry of my Master, finally agree with him. You should have seen this outcome coming, Watcher.”

A shrug. "I think we all did, and that's why it didn't go as... expected? I daren't say as planned."

"Perhaps the First Class, it was a test-run. It's the first time the Gods of the Force intervened in the affairs of mortals, after all... and the Last Class, well, we all know how that went..."

A shrug. "We both watched, and intervened, as necessary, didn't we?"

Bernael’s shrug was more him rolling his shoulders, as though loosening them. ”None of your Master’s classes turned out as he had stated they would, perhaps by design. After all he did sabotage the First Class from the start, turning them against themselves.”

“And...as planned? As you lot planned or as He planned? After all, before recent events, my job was to ensure his plans were disrupted just enough. So yes I did watch and intervene, even when others objected to such intervention.”

His shoulders rolled once more, ”But I doubt you got my attention to discuss history, or I you. Why the intervention now, when I can complete the plan?”

"Because it's not as simple as that anymore." There was a sigh. "You must have realised it; the 'traitor with the red flame'. Their role, it's ever shifting, like a propagating virus in the code. Unless we come to terms with that, then we won't see the future."

His voice sounded almost pleading. "Surely you've noticed?"

Bernael sighed, the Eye was revealing it’s desires, finally. ”Of course I’ve noticed, but you and the Mask before, seemed intent on showing me different paths. A time will come where we must deal with them, their legacy. And that time is rapidly approaching.”

His mental image wiped a hand over his face, ”I’m not as insane as I let on, to everyone, calculation is involved. Such as letting the Yevethans be massacred, they were a stepping stone to reenter the galactic stage, but their fanaticism had become a weight, keeping things from being advanced. And their demise gives the impression of a loss of my power, a helpful facade.”

"True, but you'll need to replenish your numbers... the First Order would have been a superior replacement, but it's gone now." There was a pause. "You want to face Renn again yes? As your reflection... your echo?"

"You'll need to follow the New Republic fleet when it marches on Zorn... another wound in the Force that needs rebalancing."

Another pause. "I could show the way, if you want... and perhaps you could earn our True Name, after all."

Bernael’s black eyes regarded the Watcher closely, ”No more throttling my power, I know how to hide my essence and power, I’ve spent the better part of three millennia doing so after all.”

The cold smile returned to his face, ”Agree to that, and I will let you guide me that way.”

A tap on his chin, and the Eye paused. "Well, let's say yes, shall we?"

"I'll let you be, and you can be," the cloaked man seemed to smile. "But I wonder if you intend to track down Abeloth first..."

Bernael let his thoughts bring up an image of the medbay, the doctor going about his tasks, as he’d been ordered.

A smile, of sorts, crossed his face as the image faded once more, ”Her spirit has fled, except a small essence. But tell me, would she go chasing after me, should I have died, or would she have moved on to some other poor sucker? She will have to be accounted for eventually, but unless she returns of her own accord, I will proceed as needed.”

A different twist to his mouth formed as he felt the Eye keep its word, but he kept his and kept the sense of it reined in, and undetectable by others.

"She would have moved on," the Eye said, with ease. "Of course."

"So you too, should move on, no?" A tap, tap, tap of his chin. "Coruscant, then? To follow the heroes?"

Bernael smiled, the same dark twisted one of a moment before. ”The essence I recovered of hers will prove useful, at some point but yes it is time to move on. Shadowing the heroes, allowing their forces to deplete themselves and Zorn’s, while causing unknown mayhem, seems appropriate, at the moment.”

"Then let us go, my old friend."

At that, he came to aboard the Fury, sitting at a quiet hyperspace juncture in the middle of nowhere.

Bernael opened his eyes, blacker than the deepest void of space now, stood and made his way to the bridge. ”Engage stealth, set course for Coruscant, jump, and keep us off the sensors of the fleet gathering there.” he ordered the pilot AI. Sitting in the command chair, as the orders were followed, he contemplated the recent conversation, even as the stars turned to streaks as the ship entered hyper.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, those at and around Coruscant

18. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OCC:A combo with @Sinrebirth who gave permission for this to go up :)

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin

After Qwi had said her piece she felt exhaustion take her again. Thrawn meanwhile was talking and she was trying to listen to what he had to say…

Hadn't heard of Exegol, maybe a connection between Rax, Zorn and Amedda, possible deployment of his destroyers to go take a look….

Her part was mostly done for now and so she closed her eyes and let Beaumont tend to her. Meanwhile Pascale's Echo had finished it's forty winks and was now helping to recharge her batteries. Slowly she was returning back to normal.

She opened her eyes again as the chat continued. Beaumont was trying to catch her eye...the wayfinder and cloak were on the floor still intact. But by the look on Beaumont's face...had he had enough? There were a myriad of options open now, they had to discuss before moving on.

Time for that private chat. Well part of it anyway.

She beckoned Beaumont closer so only he could hear her "What's on your mind?" she whispered.

Beaumont kept his voice low. "We've done our bit, haven't we? The Heroes can decide what to do with Exegol, and the wayfinder, and all that." He glanced at Piett and Thrawn, even Jyn, all three of which were regarding the holo-conference. "I mean the Grand Admiral's are going to want to use you for something, no doubt."

"Thrawn doesn't look like he's a prisoner; looks like they're working with him..."

The younger man looked concerned. "I just don't want him to ask for your cooperation as the cost of his assistance; if the Chancellor hands you over..."

Beaumont sounded as if he had had enough and wanted out. Qwi couldn't blame him. He'd seen enough death and pain for one day...and they had both spilled their feelings to each other.

He had a point though. Now that they had both done their bits and saved Coruscant from destruction didn't they both deserve something?

Plus she could get away from Thrawn and not have to help commit mass genocide. But Thrawn in charge of a Death Star?. But she wasn't going to be used as some pawn...and Beaumont and Pascale's Echo would make sure of it.

And Beaumont was right, Thrawn did look like he was working with them, which would make Qwi a bargaining chip. If the Chancellor did that too...then maybe she was wrong about the New Republic.

She narrowed her eyes "As I said to Rax, I am not someone's pawn to play in a galactic game. I make my own choices of whom I be with, who are my enemies and what I will do. Thrawn can't have me, not even if the Chancellor orders me to go...I won't"

Her features then softened "But it seems like you have something in mind. I would like to hear your idea before I outline other options".

Beaumont was still whispering, but at least Qwi didn't simply reply Feyna wouldn't do that. She was a politician, and a Chancellor - it may not have even been in her power to prevent, if Thrawn asked. So that was good.

"We have told the New Republic about the Yuuzhan Vong, stopped a Death Star, handed over a wayfinder... can't we go, like, retire? It's been a tough week..." Beaumont looked upset for a moment. "Drayson... Rax... this... Echo." He regarded his hands and squeezed them, causing a reverberation in the Force.

"If we go any further," Beaumont said in a small voice. "I don't know if we'll both get out."

Woah

Qwi listened intently as Beaumont laid it all out...and then that reverberation….Pascale's Echo's eyes widened in shock and Qwi's expression turned sad. Had she caused this? Was Pascale's Echo becoming a problem now?

He does have a point though the Echo said you used it and you did nearly die. I don't think he wants to see that again.

And Qwi was getting deja vu. She was about Beaumont's age when she first met Pascale. Now she was the more experienced one. They still had their lives ahead of them, this could be a chance to finally live her life and for Beaumont to have a future.

Qwi responded to Beaumont still quietly "You are the only one that has shown concern for me, and I meant what I said before I collapsed" she nodded "Your plan is very tempting, we have both suffered enough for a lifetime and I would love for the both of us to just go, find somewhere and live in peace".

She sighed "The New Republic could hunt us down, declare us traitors, and as far as I am aware I am still classified as a war criminal. It would limit the planets we could visit or we could go off into the unknown. My worry is the war could still catch up to us. Could we leave everyone behind?"

She snorted "Although to be honest what have they given us anyway? They held me at gunpoint and dropped me in jail" she then looked directly at Beaumont "I already lost Pascale, I can't bear to lose you too".

She turned serious "There are two other options. The first is we head to Exegol and see this through. We stay with the New Republic, get in their good books and then go. But as you pointed out...we could both not make it. And using the Echo too much well you saw what happened. And the New Republic could still use us as pawns but I suppose it is a chance to save the galaxy from Zorn…."

She sighed "The other, and I cannot believe i'm saying this….I take command of the Death Star. I know, it's bonkers. But here's the thing. Thrawn wants me to create a new superweapon, I'm pretty sure he wants to annihilate the Yuuzhan Vong but I don't think he will stop there…"

"He could want a new Empire and destroy any worlds that don't tow the line. With it under my command...I could stop him but it could again depend on what the New Republic does or what Thrawn will do to get control back".

She shrugged "That's what I can come up with...i'd like to hear your thoughts before I decide"

Beaumont's eyes widened at the suggestion that she command the Death Star.

"But if you did that -" His voice started, and was slightly raised, Piett turning to glance at them. Beaumont smiled sheepishly, and the man refocused upon the discussion. "But if you did that," he repeated, at a lower volume, "you'll be doing something that is completely anathema to what you believe. You were forced to do what you did for the Empire, Qwi... if you offer to command the Death Star, you'll only validate those crimes."

Thrawn peered back at Beaumont and Qwi, speaking louder, his hands tucked behind his back. "Do you have a suggestion, Qwi Xux?"

With Beaumont speaking slightly louder he had gathered their attention...which wasn't what Qwi wanted but now they were going to wait on her for a suggestion.

She had made her decision. Beaumont was right, she was going to be used as a pawn if she stayed with the New Republic, no doubt Thrawn would too. And he was right about her if she controlled the Death Star too. He was the only one who cared….and she wanted a better life too.

Pascale's Echo spoke up you know what you have to do. You could have a life again with someone new, you can take your time. Live like we used to before this mess. Beaumont will take care of you and you him, he smiled. I wish it was me there but alas someone decided it was my time to go, i'll tell you about that sometime.

She leant over and whispered in Beaumonts ear, giving him Firenze's security code "You were right, about everything. We've done our part, now it's time to go. Time to live our lives. I don't want to see anymore death or destruction. I like you have had enough and no doubt there is more to come"

"We may have to fight our way off, I hope not. But prep her just in case I have to use the Echo to defend. I hope you have a place in mind because we might have to get out of here rather quickly…."

She then stood up, offering her hand to Beaumont to pull him up and looked over to the Grand Admiral. Hopefully Beaumont would head straight to the yacht.

"No suggestion Grand Admiral. Only that my part in this tale is done, so is Beaumont's. I wish you all luck in tackling Zorn and the Yuuzhan Vong. There is more death and destruction to come and we want no further part in it. Do not follow us, do not attempt to contact us unless you intend to use us properly not as bargaining chips"

She bowed "May the Force be with you" she then turned and headed off towards Firenze. Pascale's Echo was ready to act on short notice.

She was going towards a new future….

And no-one was going to stop her or Beaumont.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @BobaMatt

darthbernael likes this.
  19. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Mini Vhardia and Renn Combo with darthberneal
    In which fates and feelings become a little more tangled up

Vhardia sat for a little while, an arm around Leia. She wasn't really sure what to do, she was used to working with younglings, not padawans, but it seemed doing nothing was best because Leia didn't make any complaint.
    Renn stumbled past them and she looked up, worried for a moment but she couldn't be in two places at once. However, after a while (she had no concept of how much time had passed, there was no chrono nearby) she decided that Leia had had enough of a cry that she could leave her alone for a little bit. She moved her arm.
    "Shara will look after you for a little bit, I'm gonna check on Renn."

Outside the door to the cabin, she paused and sat on the floor, unsure if she should proceed, and if she did proceed, how she should do so. There was a difference between losing a master and losing the last member of your species, after all.

Renn sat on the floor of the cabin, feeling like he’d checked out. He’d been a part of the diaspora but had seen so many of the Neti craft burn up as the supernova swept out. And then he ran into an old friend after having been woken and been given a path. And now he was gone. The only other Neti he knew existed. He was alone….

He could sense, distantly the others moving about the ship. And then one approached. He could feel them on the other side of the door. Feel their grief, feel it and know that it was he saying they had to find that darkness had led to such loss. Could he even face her?

Almost without thought his hand went up, in the dark of the room, and pressed the stud for the door, letting it open.

"I should punch you, you know." Vhardia looked up at him from where she was sat on the floor. "Or be really cross or something."
    She had been angry before he'd opened the door. Now she just felt like she needed to make sure he was okay. Or at least as okay as anyone could be, circumstances considered.

Renn lifted his gaze from the floor, eyes looking through her. He saw her but, at the same time, didn’t. A sigh, ”If it helps,” he opened his arms exposing his torso, ”Gods know I deserve it. This is all my fault, and now so much is lost.”

He dropped his arms to his sides, too heavy to hold up. ”I’m sorry you lost your Master, Vhardia. More than you may know.” he whispered and dropped his head to his chest.

Vhardia shrugged as Renn exposed his chest, weighing the pros and cons. Her nose wrinkled.
    "It doesn't fix anything."
    That she had already spent a long time crying, plus Renn's own vulnerability was growing a pragmatic attitude.
    "Let's say it was me who was the one with the light side. Would the outcome have been much different? Instant death aside." Her eyes twinkled with a humour that didn't quite make it to the rest of her face. "For a being that is thousands of years old, you're a bit of an idiot."

Renn’s head snapped up, for a second his eyes darkened and then they lightened, a wry smile coming to his face. ”We wouldn’t have been there if I hadn’t said we should go, but yes I am probably the only one who could have survived as long as I did against him.”

He sighed, shook his head, then flicked a candy to her. ”I do think I need you now more than ever though, he’s basically a god, and I’m not close enough to truly face him yet. I….want your help. I want you by my side, I can feel I need that if we’ll ever stop him.”
    Vhardia smiled softly.
    "That I can do. Not sure how much help I can be training the light side of the force though. I barely scraped through my own training and I've never had a padawan... well not exactly been allowed one."

She caught the candy Renn tossed towards her and glanced back in the direction of Leia, who was out of earshot.
    "Poor kid. Shame she had to learn the hard way about how crap this world is." She sighed.
    "Oh and sorry about calling you an idiot. I'm a little abrasive sometimes. Didn't mean to touch a nerve."
    She sucked on the fruit twist, it was her favourite flavour. Weird how that kept happening.

Renn smiled, slightly sheepishly, ”You needed to break me out of it and you found the way that worked, so don’t apologize. And as to training, I doubt anyone has experience to give me what I need to succeed, so we’ll both have to muddle through to get there.”

He pulled a candy out of his pouch, chewing on the end, taking in the sugars to boost his system. His eyes glanced up at her again, ”As to Leia, if she’ll stay with us, I think we both can give her the training she’ll need, which may help us both as well.”

"I don't think she'll have much of a choice. I doubt there's anyone else free to train her."

Vhardia sighed. She hadn't been looking for a padawan either, and privately considered herself the last person in the world who should be training one, despite her prior experience with younglings.
    "But if the light side of the force can't train her, no one can. And I don't have a glass, but if I did I'd raise it to that."
    Something inside her privately agreed that alcohol was a very good idea and she was half tempted to ask Shara if there was a bottle of it somewhere. But seeing Renn appearing to eat candy interrupted her train of thought. "I didn't know neti could eat stuff like this. I mean, I know I've seen you eat them before but I hadn't really noticed it. Some of the younglings thought Master Ood ate earth." She chuckled softly to herself at the thought.

Renn chuckled at the thought. But he guessed that Ood had been the only Neti many beings had ever known so there was bound to be some mystery. ”We can train her, I’m sure. And,” he laughed again, ”he’d probably have laughed heartily at that thought, in private at least. We only truly need a breathable atmosphere and sunlight to be fed and be healthy, but can consume things, leaching the nutrients from them. It doesn’t truly feed us but I do like the taste of certain things,” he held up the fruit twist in his hand, ”like these.”
    Vardi smiled and nodded.
    "Can't remember having my first one but I've loved them ever since I can remember."

There was a pause, not awkward, rather a natural lull in conversation between friends. Vhardia fiddled with a strand of hair that had escaped her hair ties and seemed to be pondering something.
    Having made up her mind, she looked up at the neti again.
    "Can I sleep with you tonight? -not like that!" She added quickly, flushing at the error in her choice of words. "I mean just hang out. I just... don't want to be alone right now." A thoughtful look crossed her face. "Maybe we could invite Shara and Leia too. Have a sort of sleepover in the common area."
    Renn blushed slightly, as she did. He stood up, holding out a hand to her. ”I would like that, Vhardia, I can curl around everyone, but you, you I’d like to hold in my arms, if that’s ok with you.” the last said quietly.

Vardi nodded and put her hand in his. "Sure, it's not inappropriate or anything, we're just really good friends."
    She paused for a moment. "Just... not until the others are asleep, I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea, you know."

Renn coughed, the darker tint to his bark the only indication of the blush on his face.

Hand in hand they walked out of his chamber, into the main area. Seeing the others he knew they’d already been set on the course to the Temple, to return Ood’s body.

He coughed, a different sort than the moment before, “Vhardia suggested a sleepover of sorts, out here, all of us together. I’m big enough I can hold all of you in a circle, without...umm” he glanced down at Vhardia, ”without it seeming inappropriate.”

Vhardia nodded.
    "Yeah I think we all need to look after each other tonight. Pluuuuussss ... I have mallows. Best thing for being sad. That and cocoa."
    She pulled out a large packet of marshmellows from... somewhere on her person and put them down in the centre of the floor, sitting in front of them, opposite the other two women before looking back at Renn.

He sent a thought to Vhardia then, tingled with his smile at it, of the time they’d spent in a training duel, when they’d ended up on the floor with her on top of him, and that that was the first time he’d noticed what Ood had also noticed, that she called to him somehow. ’I’d like to talk about that, but this way, not verbally in front of the others, or, at least, when we have more time alone.’

After the funeral. she replied.

Renn nodded, almost imperceptibly, to Vhardia, there was time and time enough for such and Ood deserved the respect of a beautiful funeral. He settled down on the floor, growing in length, height, slightly, giving them all space to be able to lean back against him. A sigh, not often he’d had the chance to just relax and enjoy life, or with such company, in recent days.

Tags: @TheSilentInfluence (only if you want, no pressure to respond) @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

Edits: tweaking a word or two

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    darthbernael likes this.
  20. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Ka'rta
    Courscant

After dropping off Owen with the Republic medical ship, leaving him with a Commando Honor Guard, Ka'rta made her way to the surface of the planet heading right for the surface. She didn't want to get involved with whatever high level meeting was taking place, she was here for her daughter and getting Owen medical attention. She had her planet and she had her target. She would find this Exegol and she would kill Zorn, with her own hands.

However she was patched in anyway, once she saw Madelyn there. She owed it to her Vode to make an appearance.

"I would dedicate them to stopping Lord Zorn, and to New Republic command." Thrawn said in his stern voice.

"Well you can dedicate them to Exegol if you truly care about stopping this infatalite dictator, crying for his daddy." The former merc growled. "Congrats we did your dirty work Thrawn now do something fracking useful you dikut." Angrily she cut off her feed, if they needed her they could get a hold of her, right now she needed to be with her daughter.

"Tor where are you?"

TAG: @Sinrebirth @JediMasterAnne @Jerjerrod-Lennox @TheSilentInfluence @BobaMatt

Tor
    Courscant

"This entire bounty, it stinks. We have to keep our word," Fett spoke over their shared comms "and our contract, but that doesn't mean we take open-ended political hits without renegotiating our fee. Call her to the Senate building, and we'll have a chat. She's a Hero of the last war; the Chancellor will let her through, no doubt of that." Tor nodded her head, she was getting bored of the chatter between Ike and the old man. His name she had forgotten. There was something about not being from this reality, whatever that meant, however they did have a place to go indigo tower, and a way to get there. All that was left to do was the shoot the place up...at least that's what it sounded like.

That was when her mother's message came through.

"I'm in the senate building, a meeting room Nubian Quarter, I think."

"Stay there, I'll be there soon…"

"Got it." She swapped over to the channel for herself and Fett. "She's on her way...and angier than normal…"

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Aftermath

Her plan had worked, though she felt grief for how much they had lost today. And the war still wasn't over. Madelyn felt exhausted, she wasn't sure what was going to happen next, though she wondered why her people kept their faith in her.

She was not the leader they deserved.

Madelyn followed the others. Keeping quiet at least until Master Windu spoke to her. She looked at him and nodded, wondering how the old Jedi Master had survived. "Well it's a very long story Master. The leader, Darth Zorn has been using a super weapon to unleash destruction on the galaxy. Mandalore was destroyed because of this." She swallowed hard, but didn't mention how she thought it was her fault. "The galaxy itself is...lost Master. But people still cling to hope that things will get better."

"Master, I'm not sure I'm the best person to tell you what's gone since you left." Madelyn sounded sad. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "But you aren't alone anymore Master. I promise you that."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 @JediMasterAnne @Jerjerrod-Lennox @BobaMatt

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The following is a combo with Sinrebirth: [face_mischief]

IC: Senator Aryan Graul and the Centrists
    The Indigo Tower, Coruscant

The Force was a constant presence, a needling sensation at the back of Aryan’s mind that was impossible to ignore. He wouldn’t necessarily call it overwhelming, but it was intrusive enough to become a distraction. While he was careful to not let it reflect in his demeanor, he still had a difficult time finding his focus. He merely went through the motions, offering the usual smile and nod, as he entered the Indigo Tower and mingled with Treen’s Centrist compatriots.

But despite his efforts to carry on, even between all the accolades and praise from Treen herself, the Force continued to press upon him with its influence. He remembered the first stirrings during his earlier conversation with Arb. The clarity of the incident had been so intense that it was impossible not to draw a correlation between the words the man had shared and the Force’s abrupt awakening. It had ultimately reached its climax when they had arrived at their destination and the strange man had uttered a single phrase:

May the Force be with you Sistros.

Of course, it was possible that he was only referring to the Holocron, which was safely tucked within Aryan’s suit jacket, but it had felt more profound than that. That one simple name had produced a tremor that traveled down to his very soul, igniting an internal fire that set every nerve-ending in his body on edge.

The experience was almost ethereal, like a cherished dream rising back to the surface after being lost to the toils of reality. He tried to latch onto that small parcel, visualizing it as a tangible line that he could grasp and pull back to his physical self, but the exertion seemed to trigger unwanted side effects, illusions…hallucinations?

The Senator heard a strange metallic clanking, similar to a droid skittering across a highly-polished surface. He was ready to dismiss it as one of the servers passing by to deliver drinks until he witnessed a peculiar sight – the Holocron, the same one that Arb had tried to palm off him, had sprouted legs and scurried across the banquet table under its own volition!

It appeared to pause briefly in its circuit, long enough to ‘stare’ in Aryan’s direction, before concealing itself among the various appetizers and side dishes.

Aryan blinked and issued a quiet scoff.

How did––?!

When?!

Unfortunately, he would not have the opportunity to uncover the truth. The Force rippled once more with a distinct warning, shaking him out of his stupor.

While a wide array of distractions had plagued the meeting so far, nothing compared to what happened next. Things quickly escalated from mundane to galaxy-shattering as the skeletal shell of a Death Star appeared on Coruscant’s eastern horizon.

A Death Star.

As the mechanical behemoth eclipsed the sun and cast a wide shadow across the industrialized landscape, the world became very still. It was as if the entire population of the planet had taken a collective breath to stare into the void that awaited them. Did they have minutes or mere seconds to live?

For Aryan, he only stared at the monstrosity, a wry grin tugging at the corner of his mouth in defiance. In a sense, he found it ironic that things could end this way – the Republic had wrongfully accused him of sparking the last war with a Death Star, and now he would go out under that same power. It was almost poetic; justice served. Maybe those who had targeted him could bask in the glory of their victory in the final moments that remained. They were all going to the same place, after all.

And that’s why he was not about to stand down or panic in the face of his impending death. He was going to make the most of it.

Using the cover of the chaos that erupted around the restaurant, Aryan sidled up against the table and discreetly ushered the wayward Holocron into his possession. As he slipped it into his left jacket pocket, noting that it was not a hallucination, he impressed his will upon it in silent warning, Not so fast, my friend. If we’re going to die, I might as well take this gamble. There’s still time to explain yourself.

It was hard to tell how long he was with the Holocron or whether time had passed at all, but before he received an answer, the holovid in the corner of the room stopped spewing static to broadcast a message from the Chancellor’s office:

Citizens of Coruscant and the New Republic. I speak on behalf of the Chancellor, who is in the middle of engaging the crisis involving Darth Zorn with the Admiralty and leaders of the Senate. Please be rest assured that the Death Star prototype in orbit above Coruscant is under our control, in cooperation with the Imperial Remnant and New Republic Intelligence. We shall shortly be providing context to the words of Darth Zorn, and would reassure you that we have a galactic response planned. No one man can threaten the galaxy - our galaxy - the galaxy which fought off Emperor Amedda fourteen years ago - and expect us to comply. We do not negotiate with terrorists, Sith or otherwise.

The Senator scowled at the visage of Prince Isolder as the man smiled for his captive audience before bowing out of the shot. He knew that it was probably intended for reassurance, though Aryan only saw selfish indifference behind that practiced countenance. It would be the downfall of such a petulant fool.

Nevertheless, he had delivered the news that everyone had wanted to hear – they had neutralized the threat. However, it wasn’t in the manner in which he had suspected. The Death Star was now under Republic control? The man had potentially made a crucial mistake.

After shifting the newly-acquired Holocron to better conceal it, the Senator lifted a brow and sought out Treen with an impish smirk. “Well, that couldn’t have gone better,” he murmured dryly. “I take it that you were unaware of this little stunt?”

Treen was looking at a holoprojector of her own; the reason that Isolder had addressed the galaxy.

People of the galaxy.

It is I, Darth Zorn

The HoloNet showed his Sith armada, framed in the storms of Exegol.

[​IMG]

Your Chancellor has hidden the truth of my return from you, so I will tell you of it.

My weapons struck at Mandalore and Kashyyyk.

Millions are dead; my tests are complete.

My technology, it was used, abused, and consumed Metellos; billions died.

I send you an image of what I have.

Of what I shall unleash.

Tens of thousands of planet-killers, constructed by Palpatine, another who I killed; for you.

Like I slew Emperor Amedda.

Like I murdered Darth Maul.

I am your savior, but no more.

Unless the galaxy hands to me Anakin Skywalker in sixteen hours

The Kuati Senator looked at Aryan, and then at the others in the room. The others smiled, and each reached a glass to toast with it. They were enjoying the moment of their victory.

"To the Final Order, to Emperor Graul, to Lord Zorn!"

They were all in on it.

All of them.

The jubilant chant echoed across the chamber, reaching a triumphant crescendo that caused a mild ringing in Aryan’s ears. It was so concentrated that it appeared to permeate the very currents of the Force itself. And yet, all he could do was observe the proceedings in silence, his expression an emotionless mask despite the shock and awe he felt over this revelation.

For at this moment, he could not dismiss the vision he had experienced the night before – the one that depicted thousands of Star Destroyers rising from the surface of a ravaged planet amidst a violent maelstrom. And that singular voice from the Shadow Man: The End of Time approaches from the Unknown... as it always does.

It was coming to pass.

Or was it?

Sistros had warned him about half-truths, that the Shadow Man from Ach-to could not be trusted. The strange specter purposely spoke in riddles to confuse and deceive. Was this an example of his subterfuge? This could be his destiny, a means to finally uplift the Empire from the ashes and restore peace and order to the galaxy. It was all right here for the taking; an opportunity that he would be foolish to refuse.

Even the shadow of Darth Zorn looming over him from above did not seem so daunting, not in the same way that Ananke had dominated his actions fourteen-years ago. Aryan had grown a lot since then, both in mind and spirit...and in the Force. He had survived his fall from grace, learned from it, and had clawed his way back to redeem himself. That was a rarity in the world of politics, and if anything could be said about him, he deserved to reclaim his power.

And with Captain Shevu and the New Republic fading away into the distance, what did he have to hold him back from embracing his destiny?

The full scope of this moment made him feel…alive. He was no longer impeded by his past transgressions; this was the path forward.

And so, Aryan Graul once again followed Sistros’ advice and purged the Shadow Man’s words from his mind. He then lifted his glass to join the celebration, his eyes flashing with the appreciation of a comprehensive plan coming to fruition.

“To a vibrant and prosperous future!”

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Anakin Skywalker
    Dagobah - with special thanks to @QueenSabe7, who played Qi'ra Ananke while I briefly NPC'd Han Solo -

- all of a sudden Ananke was standing in a swamp, and Han Solo stood before her. “Qi’ra,” he breathed. “What are you doing here...?”

Memories named the world as Dagobah.

"Han?" Ananke exclaimed, forgetting herself for a moment. Her mind sought to make sense of the disorienting change in scenery, only knowing that the creature had somehow managed to force her way into her mind just a second ago. She had felt the foreign presence press in on her mental walls, bleeding out into every crack and nook in hopes of finding a hole. And Abeloth had found one, apparently.

It had been so sudden, so immediate that the cloaked man's voice still echoed in her ears - In this reality - the Truth is that you will destroy it all.

She took a few steps back, her boots making odd slurping noises in the wet mud beneath them. The air had a distinct smell to it, of sodden earth and something rotten. Trees surrounded her on all sides, hanging with moss that nearly covered their trunks. Dagobah.

"How... why... Why are you here?" A question for the version of Han Solo that was impossibly standing before her, as much as for herself."I'm on Dagobah - tracking down, well, someone." He had a blaster in his hand, she would see, but he wasn't pointing it anywhere in particularly. "Someone important." He looked warily at her, trying to search out the woman he had once loved. "Where have you been, Qi'ra? I've..." He swallowed. "I've heard some pretty bad things."

Peripherally, she might be aware of the Master struggling not to be eaten alive, but she was here and he was there, and this moment between Han and Qi'ra had been a long time coming.

"I..." His eyes lowered a little. "Chewbacca died; Lando too. During the war, y'know?"

Her eyes leveled upon the man she had cared for, in a different life. When she had still been a slave in one form or another, remembering their grand escape plans, their dreams of a life together, free... Ananke's mouth flashed a wistful smile and she shook her head.

Delusions. That's all they were. A way of coping, a way of hoping for something better than what life had repeatedly handed her. Until, of course, she had taken control of her situation.

"Qi'ra is not a name I use anymore, and I think you know that," she calmly chided, knowing this was a game and nothing real. But also knowing how Abeloth was assaulting the cloaked man, just beyond the veil of the vision she currently inhabited, she would have to play it out. "I'm also certain you know the 'bad things' you say you have heard are true."

Ananke settled, arms crossing over her chest. "As to the Wookiee, and Calrissian... war always claims many casualties, Han."

"They do," Han said, drily. "Orphan, remember? The Clone Wars did a number on us, and looks like the Galactic Civil War did on us, too."

"Makes you wonder why I'm putting my nose into this new mess, don't it?" Han sounded amused, smiling slightly, almost whimsically to himself. "Zorn ate Mandalore, maybe Metellos, too, and he sicced a fleet on Kashyyyk. Dunno if you're keeping up with events, or, y'know, care about any of that."

"Do you ever think of me? Of us?" Han asked, plainly as ever, changing gears immediately to see if he would get an honest answer if he surprised her. He hooked his thumb into his belt, as he was want to do, and lightly peered around, as if he was indeed looking for someone in this swamp. "Or is it all about being 'Ananke' nowadays?"

Abeloth had the Black-Coat fully ensnared, a tentacle being shoved down his throat, and Braata softened, her emotions turning to fear, and worry - despair, even.

Ananke couldn't help another smile as she watched his body move through those familiar mannerisms, though sadness colored it into an almost-grimace. This side of her - the Qi'ra side - had been beaten down so far for so long that it had been practically nonexistent for many years. Yet, here it was again, so suddenly, so strong...

No.

"No," she echoed aloud, in response to Han's query. Her features smoothed out into a passive mask and she began to step forward, her feet surprisingly steady as they trudged through the thick, muddy ground. "I used to think of you often, and smile," she continued, recalling a distant memory, words spoken between them once before. "But not anymore."

Coming to a stop, maybe an arm's length from her former lover, her fingers grabbed the hilt of the Dagger of Mortis as she looked up into his eyes. The fact that she could always get lost in their depths flitted through her mind like a minor annoyance, replaced by a vivid flash of the yellowing eyes of her one-time Master - Maul. Of all she had endured at his hands, it had erased what she had been before so that she could become what she was now. Abeloth presenting her with this trip down memory lane may have been meant as a distraction, but she would not fall for it. Not when she was so close to the end.

Instead, she switched her focus inward on the Man in Black, and how close he was to being torn apart by the dark witch.

"You were always a means to an end, Han." The dagger was at her side, held firmly in her right hand. "Even now."

Taking one final breath to look upon his face, one that Abeloth had conjured, Ananke thrust her weapon forward in a blur. She aimed to impale the focal point of this mind trap, and dissolve it so she could finish what she had started.

As all this occurred, she managed to whisper, "I'm sorry."

Han Solo, on Dagobah half a galaxy away, looked alarmed as Qi'ra - as Ananke - went for him, but the blade did not connect with him, no. It merely seperated their connection, and Han was in-fact fine, if not surprised. There was a noise though, back on Dagobah.

"What are you doing here," came a nonplussed voice.

The voice of Anakin Skywalker.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox
    as our new Han Solo! insert fanfare
    ---
    IC: Zorn

Addressing his Cabal, Exegol

The man formerly known as Luke Skywalker, and even more recently known as Darth Zorn, was now just Zorn.

He was no Skywalker; no Sith.

He was power, and that did not have family, nor religion.

Gods didn't have either.

He accepted reports from his minions, from the surviving One Sith.

Darth Tempara had usually dealt with this, or Pryde, but both were dead and now he needed to waste his time with such things.

He needed a new handle... a new pivot, so he might rule in absentia, focusing upon his revenge.

Inevitably, even after he annihilated the New Republic fleets, as well as their Remnant, Chiss and Hapan allies, there would still be the dreary task of subjugation, and as much as he could destroy a world with a Xyston-class, there would be much he still had to enforce.

Luckily, one of his salient plans had bore fruit.

The appearance of a Death Star at Coruscant meant the second Wayfinder remained aloof; he knew the Force would pass it to the heroes... much as he knew that Moff Eccressys had inevitably confessed to where Kuat-Entralla had been sending their constructed vessels. Between the two pieces of information, Chancellor Feyna would know.

Good.

But thereafter...

He had no interest in rule, and had cultivated loyalists among the galactic government merely as a precursor to someone else doing so for him.

That someone was Aryan Graul.

His Emperor-to-be.

Wyyrlok's choice as patsy would become reality, and Zorn was content with that twist of a lie into a truth.

He knew all about lies.

He opened the channel, and his sickly pale and yellow eyed visage regarded the Indigo Tower restaurant, and his gathered Senators. He had rarely addressed Treen, the titular head of the conspiracy, let alone the others. He twisted his face into an approximation of Luke Skywalker's, forcing colour back into his cheeks.

"My friends," he said, glacially calm even as the sun set in the distance. "I am happy to see that you have gathered to toast our victory. With the inevitable surrender of the galaxy to my rule, I shall be looking forward to distributing it to you so I may focus upon my true work of destroying our enemies. The treacherous Imperial Remnant, the Hapan swine, and this farce of peace called the New Republic; all will be replaced by a government of your design, enforced by my Fist. I shall need an Eternal Emperor to rule in my stead." He shook his head slowly. "I need you, Aryan Graul."

"That you can touch the Force, that you know yourself, have ruled, been burned by the do-gooders and traitors of this galaxy, it has merely been training for right now; you have been forged into the true ruler of the Sith Eternal Empire..." His power touched Aryan, crossing the galactic distance.

"You shall take a new name, and cut yourself loose from any of the trappings of family and morality that once plagued you."

The galaxy needs you, my friend. It needs peace, and only through ruthlessness can it finally be born. Palpatine had it right, you and I both know it, but he cared more about personal aggrandizement than making a Change.

His voice had reached into Aryan's mind.

I just need to know the name of the new Emperor, so I may carve it into the graveyards of the worlds I shall transform accordingly.

"Speak it," he said aloud, for the benefit of the other Eternal Imperials present.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Ike Sera

Norin's Office, Senate tower, as the dusk draws in

Fett peered at Tor, and they peered at each other. It was pretty obvious they were discussing something, and Ike could only catch the edge of it. Norin glanced at Ike, and then gestured vaguely. "The landing pad is that way, if you require it."

Of course, Ka'rta was on her way, and Boba Fett quickly caught up on her, calling up data and the news with a blink of his eye upon his HUD. "Mandalore of Death Watch, the woman who sacked Entralla," he said, softly, whistling. "We'd best not miss our appointment." He regarded Norin stonily and strode out of the room where Winter lay.

Indeed, as the Osik headed down, the escorts became E-wings, that guided her to the Senate landing platform. There was uncertainty within the pilots, as if they had no idea how to treat Ka'rta. But she'd said her bit, connected the dots between Exegol and Zorn, and the present-day Heroes could deal with it.

Norin for his part began to frown that he hadn't seen Nola, and he eyed her partner. Del remained neutral, and Norin was disinclined to ask about it in-front of Ike, who seemed particularly bemused by the dramatics of it all. "You're not thinking of backing out of our deal are you, Senator?"

"Not at all," barked Norin. "But you can't expect me to be happy that the bounty hunters I hired are right here, let alone my Black Sun business partner." He glared. "I thought you were on Nouane?"

"I was chased off by the New Republic, hunting my personal stock of war criminals," Ike said drily. "So now I'm here to try my hand at Senate intrigue. So should I head to Aryan now, kill him myself, and take that fee?"

His eyes glittered malevolently.

Norin's glare didn't lessen. He was becoming suspicious of Nola's absence, and there was really only one place she could be.

With Arek.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 x2 (open a PM and I will NPC Boba?), @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne (combo ends this week, please)
    ---
    IC: Beaumont Kin

Aboard the Death Star Prototype, Coruscant system

Thrawn let them go, actually. He watched them sign-off, their opinion taken on-board, but the Grand Admiral knew that it was more important to deal with Zorn than the Yuuzhan Vong, right now. But he needed Qwi, and he would be sure to pursue her to the end of the galaxy.

His crimson eyes followed Beaumont as he and her headed to their yacht, and headed off, even as more New Republic shuttles arrived to take command of the prototype. Beaumont was surprised to see no pursuit, and even Jyn sketched a salute at them before smacking Rax again for good measure. The Fleet Admiral was particularly unconscious, but it was nothing he did not deserve.

Beaumont was shaking for a time, stressed. "Are we doing the right thing, getting out of here?"

He frowned into the traffic of arriving New Republic and Hapan warships - with Remnant ones too... and a steadily increasing stream of civilian ships lifting up from Coruscant...

"Where will we go?"

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: Firmus Piett

Meeting, midnight, local time

The Imperial Head of State had called in what ships he had spare to Coruscant, as much as Isolder had done so also while he was out the room. Raddus had ducked out of the meeting a few times to order the Second, Third and Fourth Fleets to Coruscant, putting the Fifth Fleet on high alert on the border between the Known and Unknown.

Huyang piloted Mace and Madelyn and Agate to Coruscant, keeping the channel open should their input be required. The death of Ood Bnar would have reached them by now, especially Mace. But they had their target - the threat in the Unknown Regions; at Exegol.

Zorn and his Sith Eternal fleet.

More and more forces were gathered, and it was all at the command of one woman.

Chancellor Feyna Organa, the New Republic leader.

Hundreds of capital ships, thousands of smaller escorts, and nearly a million fighter craft.

A force as large as the one she had let to destroy the Ultimate Weapon, fourteen years ago.

The discussion cut down to Thrawn, Piett, Isolder, Raddus and of course Mace, Madelyn and Agate.

Thrawn cut his eyes to the Jedi and Mandalorians. "Now that the location of Zorn is settled," he managed to say without directly address the absences of Qwi and Ka'rta, "we will need a spear-tip against the Sith aspect of the enemy. Fleet resources will be insufficient alone. Can we rely upon the Jedi to face down Zorn?"

"And who should command this multi-nation force that we have gathered?" Thrawn peered at the other military men. "We need a clear chain-of-command, if we are to be effective."

"I will be present at the battle," Piett said. "Aboard the Avenger."

"And I will be aboard the Home One," said Raddus, gurgling.

"I will be taking command of the Song of War," Isolder added, looking at Feyna. "While I was out the room; the Hapan monarch suggested in quite explicit terms that I not deploy Hapan fleet assets unless I am in command of them." Which meant Ta'a Chume had thrown all of her toys out of the pram, as they had worried she might.

"I will of course be aboard the Chimaera, but that side-steps my question." Thrawn peered at Feyna. "Well?"

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @BobaMatt, @TheSilentInfluence
    ---
    IC: The Eye

In High Orbit

The Fury of course decanted shortly after setting off for Coruscant. There was not much to add, but the Eye allowed Bernael access to other information that it had declined to share at Metellos. His power, while formidable, had been enhanced by the Mask, the Eye, and also a treasure trove of Eternal technology beneath the surface of Metellos. The Sith Eternal cultists - the Prophets - they had been there to prime it, as they had on the other worlds their terror attacks had visited nearly three days ago.

The Eye knew this because the Iokath worshippers, much like the Yuuzhan Vong, had worshipped the Six Old Ones, and had even fought in the Twilight Wars of many millennia ago. "This interconnectivity will be key to the entire defeat of the Sith, of course."

As the Fury settled, more and more New Republic, Imperial and Hapan ships arrived, gathering into an armada. The Eye politely filled him in to most of them. The Chimaera, flagship of the Empire of the Hand; the Avenger, of the Imperial Remnant; the Song of War, from Hapes; the Home One, so named for the old Rebel/Republic flagship.

"About now," the Eye continued on. "The galaxy will know where Zorn hides, and an inevitable political cabal will rise up to support him, as it always does." He paused. "Similarly, the next stage of the conflict will be set, as these great arcs always come in three-parts," the Eye added wryly. "Exegol will be revealed when the fleet jumps, of course..."

He pointed to a ship that left the Death Star prototype; the one bearing Qwi and Beaumont. "But not that one, clearly."

Generally he took into his mental gaze the rest of the civilian ships fleeing from Coruscant. "So too begins the great exodus; no Coruscanti wants to be present when the Sith Eternal armada comes here, as inevitably as possible."

There was a shudder in the Force, and the Eye peered. "But there's also someone who shouldn't be here... and doesn't have a Black-Coat to hide it." He chuckled drily. "That's never good."

The Eye turned slightly. "Lots going on here, and now. Zorn is a threat, sure, but the next stage will be set soon enough..."

A black-Sith ship decanted; the Rogue Shadow, aboard it the burning power of Mace Windu and also Madelyn Linnett.

"Oh, oh, oh. Best hide away; a Jedi Grandmaster is here... and he has been Mortis... definitely a game changer!"

The Eye was almost omniscient, it would seem... or perhaps simply more well educated...

TAG: @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Shara Dameron

Yavin 4, Otana

The Jedi team that had infiltrated the Maw and lost the Grandmaster in a rescue mission... it had not succeeded insofar as much as it had failed. Shara spent the tip back consoling Leia for the loss of her Master, as much as Renn did Vhardia. Thankfully, BB-8 was up for piloting, even while a bit sombre.

They had a body to deliver.

The Yavin 4 praxeum was, however, mostly abandoned by the time they arrived. The only Jedi on-world, a young Knight named Kyp Durron, looked at the ship as it landed, his eyes watering as he saw them. He was in his early twenties, and only a Jedi for the last three years when the spice markets of Kessel were overturned by the Jedi Order on behalf of the New Republic.

He gestured with the Force, drifting the covered Neti down and into the Grand Temple, where it had been decided remotely with the other Masters that he would be left until he became one with the Force, or the ritual cremation began. Kyp slowly explained what had happened since they'd left. "Most of the Jedi have been sent across the New Republic to hunt down Yuuzhan Vong infiltrators. We've discovered a few, and managed to keep their existence out of the HoloNews."

"But this message came in while you were away, too," Kyp held out the holoproj and played the galactic message from Darth Zorn.

"He's back," Kyp said, swallowing. "His fleet attacked Kashyyyk, and his weapons devastated Metellos and Mandalore, apparently." Kyp's statement about Metellos would run counter to Bernael's assertions, which Renn may recall, or he may not.

"Us four are the only Jedi that aren't scattered across the galaxy," Kyp said, unhappily. "I reckon we'll be called up to help, but for now -" His voice caught as he remembered their loss. "You can rest, of course."

Leia would of course think of her mother, last seen at Mandalore, and Shara knew about it so immediately checked the news. "Your mother is safe, from what I can tell, Leia," Shara quickly added. "Theres a rumour that she and a Master Mace Windu worked with the other Mandalorian refugees to destroy Zorn's superweapon and saved Kashyyyk." She allowed some warmth she didn't really feel to enter her face. "I even have a report from the refugee net at Mandalorian that they have restored communications. You have some messages waiting for you, I gather."

Shara didn't mention the reports about Ka'rta, having sacked Entralla.

She didn't need to know it.

Kyp swallowed, looking to Vhardia, as the senior Jedi here - he wasn't sure about Renn and how he fit into the greater Order, save for him being a Neti, of course - and asked her what he had to. "What do you want to do?"

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence

24. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Vhardia
    Another excellent idea

In the chaos of everything else, Vhardia had completely forgotten about the late Master's request to go to Kashyyk and look for 'gaps in the force'. Had she done so… I probably would have been killed. She thought to herself.

Kyp's question was a good one. What could they do? What could any of them do in the face of such adversity? There was so few Jedi left, what hope did they have of...

The emptiness of the temple here didn't help, it was quiet at the best of times, but now she had a queer thought, a wondering in her anxious brain, if the others scattered around the galaxy were killed she would be the last of them, forced to wander the galaxy and train a padawan alone.
    She suddenly felt quite ill and had to sit down on a packing crate nearby. She closed her eyes and rested her fingers on the bridge of her nose, trying to resist the emotion threatening to well-up again. There was a pause.

"Shara, go rest and spend time with your family." She said softly, suddenly conscious of how much the pilot had already done for them. "We'll comm if we need you."

Feeling more controlled, she opened her eyes and saw Leia still clutching Kyle's lightsaber hilt, which reminded her of something. "You've got a difficult path ahead of you, it's not easy to use a borrowed-" she froze suddenly mid sentence and then a small grin spread across her face.
    "You know, traditionally, as part of old Jedi training, younglings would go on pilgrimage to Ilum to find their lightsaber crystals. It's a dwarf planet, aligned to the light side of the force, one of a few." Here her gaze moved to Renn. "Maybe we can kill two womp-rats with one blaster bolt."

She stood up.
    "Kyp, you couldn't take Leia and find her some padawan robes and equipment, could you? Doesn't need to be the traditional colours," here she indicated at her own maroon and green fabrics, "in case you were wondering."

Tags: @TheSilentInfluence @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Jedi Temple, Yavin 4

After the sleepover, before they arrived, Renn went to the bay where Ood’s body had been reverently laid. He stood over his old friend for a moment before settling to his knees carefully so as not to rock the freighter. Closing his eyes, he placed a hand on Ood’s chest, tears falling.

Moments passed and then a keening, almost chanting tongue sounded from his mouth, ”I galaxui continues but cín galad has passed bo, iar mellon. Im must afad- i lond im gar- been peni- but im ceri- iest im could gar- had cín council longer. With what im am hi cín Jedi will n- looking na nin na assist, na tegi- i galad but im ceri- ú- know if ben how im tur-. Nin mind keeps going back na mín vedui anand mín traveled go-, before i destruction -o Ryyk a how such would help ammen all hi a hi. Im will beri- cín Jedi a ceri- nin all na lain cín mán uin mind -o i foul Anzati. Otherwise cin a will n- companions ad-, in another té, a all will n- lost.”*

He stayed bowed over the body for a few moments longer, then raised his head, determination in his eyes. Turning, he departed the bay and returned to the others. When they landed he kept an eye on the young Jedi that moved Ood’s body, on the off chance that there was a problem and sighed when it was laid in repose.

He stood somewhat near Vhardia as the man spoke about current affairs of the Jedi. And snorted but held his tongue for the remainder of the briefing, at the mention of Metellos. Her emotions were almost visible in the Force, the strength of them. And he moved closer, not touching but letting his solid presence be there near her. He nodded when she dismissed Shara, this was a time when people who could be with their families should, should hold tight to one another in this time.

"You've got a difficult path ahead of you, it's not easy to use a borrowed-"

He tilted his head as a devious looking smile spread across her face.

"You know, traditionally, as part of old Jedi training, younglings would go on pilgrimage to Ilum to find their lightsaber crystals. It's a dwarf planet, aligned to the light side of the force, one of a few." When that smile turned his way an eyebrow went up. "Maybe we can kill two womp-rats with one blaster bolt."

”Hmmmm,” he hummed, ”a nexus of the Light, that may be a very good idea. Ilum, I know the name of the planet, know that in ancient days there were temples there, but not sure what is there in this time.”

He thought about it and it seemed there was a possibility such a place could provide some answers to what could help him as he went to face his Twin again, face and prevail. Nodding, ”If it can assist me reach the levels I need to reach, and help Leia, then I am all for it.”

Turning to the young male Jedi, ”Before you go on Vhardia’s errand, I do not know where you will be sent young Jedi, after this, but if you are faced with a black eyed Anzati, one that feels like a pit of darkness, run. Please just run, don’t face him. He’s the one that did that to Ood and he’s the one that destroyed Metellos, ate its population, not Zorn. He is the Dark incarnate.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence

*The galaxy continues but your light has passed on, old friend. I must follow the path I have been set but I do wish I could have had your council longer. With what I am now your Jedi will be looking to me to assist, to lead the Light but I do not know if or how I can. My mind keeps going back to our last time we traveled together, before the destruction of Ryyk and how such would help us all here and now. I will protect your Jedi and do my all to free your spirit from the mind of that foul Anzati. Otherwise you and will be companions again, in another way, and all will be lost.