main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode VI: Twilight of the Force III: A Son’s Destiny

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2021.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE FIVE OF FIVE

UNKNOWN REGIONS

IC: Nuvo Evsa

Csilla, wreckage

With many of his Firekilns destroyed and more of his forces damaged, Nuvo Evsa had expected the Empire of the Hand to deploy forces to Csilla to crush him, especially now most of the Unknown Terrors had been defeated or were on the verge of doing so.

But instead, nothing.

Indeed, his scouts confirmed that two Hand fleets had departed the Unknowns for some location outside the Chaos.

Which meant that the wily leader of his people had an opportunity. Simply put, he communicated to all surviving forces, pirates, smugglers, rogues and wraiths across the Unknowns that the Empire of the Hand's sole remaining fleet was at Nirauan.

That they were easy pickings.

The Unknown Terrors in all their varying shapes and sizes did not have military strength to their name - not anymore. But with the fall of Csilla and death of Ara'lani, and the departure of Grand Admiral Jerod for Corellia...

... they could just throw numbers at Nirauan and its sister planet of Korilev.

Why not?

Nuvo Evsa hated Thrawn.

Hated him with a passion.

If he could not rule the Unknowns...

... then nobody could.

TAG: No-one, mention for @Jerjerrod-Lennox

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Yuuzhan Vong Order of Battle

In-fact, your analysts' summation is pretty accurate.

The Yuuzhan Vong armada is a hundred thousand ships strong.

Fifty thousand ships went to Garqi, commanded in person by Warmaster Tsavong Lah.

That left fifty thousand ships split across ten Domain fleets led by ten Supreme Commanders.

Three Domains went to needle the Empire of the Hand, secure Shramar, and crush the Imperial Remnant, led by Supreme Commanders Shedao Shai, Komm Karsh and Nas Choka. Two of these are now dead, but Nas Choka is by far the most dangerous of the three and as far as I am aware still lives.

One Domain was deployed to the Supreme Overlord's personal command, and will likely be at Korriban, nominally commanded by Supreme Commander Czulkang Lah, who is quite aged, and the Warmaster's father.

Another was to be sent to Ithor commanded by Deign Lian. He's a real unpleasant fella, but the Supreme Overlord never told us why Ithor was so important when, say, your shipyards at Bilbringi would be a better target.

Two more are held in reserve, commanded by Sla Tsun and Saluup Fing, personal political allies of Nas Choka. Don't be surprised if they act strategically at his suggestion. Don't be surprised if they turn up in the Core, passing through Hapes even if the battle is unwinnable. They may even reinforce the battle there if Nas Choka thinks it prudent.

The Domain that has been deployed to support the Hapan coup, its like I say to provide the Yuuzhan Vong with a bridgehead in the Inner Rim. Supreme Commander Loiric Kaan is here, and he's useless. Any decent commander could thrash him even outnumbered and outgunned. He's a poltical appointee; the worst of the Supreme Commanders.

The other three, they were split into dozens of smaller forces, split across the galactic rim, nominally led by Supreme Commanders Khalee Lah (the Warmaster's son), Maal Lah (his brother) and Qurang Lah (his other brother). Domain Lah's ships are split across many other Domains so these forces are more multi-national than not, but most commanders chafe under the Lah need to control every aspect of the war and take all the glory.

Most of these deployments have already happened - or already will, but hopefully they make a difference to you.

Postscript of a brief discussion with Vua Rapuung aboard the Trucemaker before the Battle of Korriban, with Nola, Del and A'baht present

@CosmoHender, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence, @Mitth_Fisto, @galactic-vagabond422, @HanSolo29, @TheAdmiral, @Adalia-Durron, @Shadowsun, @Narancia, @Darth Cocytus, @JediMasterAnne, @darthbernael, @Jerjerrod-Lennox

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis
    On board SHIP, then not......

Kyp had no questions, not yet anyway. Watching his partner squirm uncomfortably he wondered if bringing her was such a good idea. She’d already annoyed the others with her sarcasm, he was used to it, those around her not so much. Nomi asked what a Jedi would ask a Sith Meditation sphere, he had nothing. “I’ll save my question for another time, when I have one of relevance.” He told Nomi.

Adalia sat opposite, her knees pulled up to her chest with her comlink firmly in her hand. “My question is the same one I asked earlier, what are we doing here?” She stared across at Kyp.

“Don’t start.” He glared back in a threatening manner and was rewarded with rolled eyes and her backing down. They came out of hyper and they were surrounded, not what he’d expected and he glanced to see her react as expected, frustration. He felt it, the dark side, where ever they were, it was strong. Ship was landing and he still felt the threat, at least what he perceived as a threat.

“I still don’t like this.” She muttered as she approached him, the hairs on the back of her neck were up, “and quit glaring at me.”

“Quit being you.” He responded in a hushed tone, “some around here think you’re a Jedi.” That sounded harsh, bad even, he'd sort it out later.

“I’m not, made that clear.” She hissed back. "I am me, who knew?"

“For this purpose, just play along, will you? And lose the sarcasm for five minutes.”

She pursed her lips, Adalia was annoyed but she knew better than to argue when he was serious, so she gave a single nod. “You got it.”

Kyp gave her a nod then turned to Xundel as they began to disembark Ship, who he had to admit had kept its side of the bargain. It had brought them to Palpatine.

Adalia leaned close. “Bad guy alert, wow, that thing wasn’t lying!”

He shot her a glare holding up his hand with all five fingers showing. Could she just stop for that time? Looking forward he did not feel it was his place speak in this situation, so he stood silently, his robes closed and his hands clasped calmly.

Adalia sighed as she closed her jacket, her own weapon clipped at the back of her belt out of sight.

TAG @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Vhardia

With her final act, Vhardia had reached the same conclusion that the Je'daii had tens of thousands of years prior. No longer divided between dark and light, her mind had found peace and she was content.

As Renn cradled the body of his dead wife, a translucent hand touched his, an arm curled around his shoulder, a whisper tickled his ear, her presence blazed next to him.
    "Stay your hand, son of light, it's okay, Renn. It's okay."

Tag: @darthbernael

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  5. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    IC: Barriss

When Abeloth said that she would take her body, Barriss once again felt completely overwhelmed by what was happening and she wondered why she of all people had been sent here when she was so completely out of her depth...

And her eyes were widened when she got her answer from a voice that she heard in her ear.

Now, Chosen.

In that moment, Barriss realized Anakin was naming her his Chosen One. And that the Dagger was for her. Being the Chosen One was literally the last thing that Barriss wanted and at any other time she would have been very angry about this, but now was not that time. Barriss called the Dagger to her and just like it should, it came to her. Then she did the only thing that she could think of doing. She called upon the Force, summoning every bit of strength she had as she thrusted the Dagger toward Abeloth. She also thought of the love for her family as she thrusted the Dagger, because if she failed she knew that would never be able to return to her wife, her daughter, her son-in-law, and her grandchildren.

Abeloth may have lost her family, but Barriss was fighting for hers.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @darthhelinith

6. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    OOC: Combo with the GM
    IC: Darth Impetuous

[​IMG]

"DUTCH!"

Impetuous screamed anger, fury, and sorrow exploded from him in complete manifestations of the Darkside. Now the darkness surrounded him and binded him; Sith lightning flowed freely from his body as tears flowed and evaporated from his eyes.

The thought of Rebecca dying sent Impetuous into a spiral, his darkness swelling, flowing, overflowing. How dare these peasants, these cretins, take something away from HIM! Rebecca was his and only his. And if she were to die, it would only be by his hands!

"I'll kill you all!"

Impetuous pulled from his heart, letting it be his guiding key, the rage Impetuous built inside as his soul was tied to the darkness but was not yet a master, energies flowed wildly and uncontrolled. Impetuous leaped into the crowd, lightsaber still ignited, relying purely on instinct—Impetuous connected with his roots and moved with the lethality of a feral feline fishing for its prey.

Echani techniques and dark lightning poured from Impetuous, his tears evaporating into plasma, lightning warping itself around his body, coiling itself around him as if he was a tesla rod, conducting and instructing its weapons of mass destruction into vicious currents of death, destruction, and vengeance.

[​IMG]

Half the grunts were down almost immediately, electrified and missing limbs - and heads. The others reared back and scattered, trained to break apart their formation and seek cover - and overlapping fields of fire as they did so.

Dutch watched Impetuous with a grin as the ship drifted forward and the ramp up.

He wanted Tobbi to see him slip out of his hands.

He wanted to break the naïve idiot.

Impetuous in his world-destroying fury gripped the back of Dutch's starship, he wasn't going to let this turncoat get away. No one betrays Impetuous and lives to tell the tale. This was something Impetuous lived by; he needed to, or else he would go mad from the trauma of being betrayed by his family over.

And over.

And over again to the point that now, Impetuous's only course of action at this point was to trust no one and push everyone away, something that he failed to do on both counts since despite Impetuous wanting to deny it, he grew attached to Dutch and, most of all, Rebecca.

But those that betray the honor of his trust must die.

Impetuous kept gripping the ship using the force, as he intended to turn the ship burner's own Dutch's own associates who were now across the room from Impetuous and roast them alive.

The ship shuddered, and Dutch braced himself as Impetuous in all his fury used it to essentially dust up the thugs. Slapping the switch to lift the ramp completely, he ran into the ship and seized the controls. He began to struggle against the hold that Impetuous had, slamming off the ceiling and the side of the ship -

The shuttle narrowed missed Rebecca's form on the deck!

Impetuous wasn't going to let Dutch go. He was never going to let him go; Impetuous was going to send Dutch on a front-row seat to hell. So Impetuous intended to crush the fuel line of the ship; he wanted Dutch's ship to explode from its own burners, from its own thruster drives.

While doing so, Impetuous noted the close call and used his other hand to push Rebecca out of the way of the potential explosion. Impetuous was going to make sure that Dutch felt every bit of his fiery hatred and experience his own fiery hell.

Rebecca slid across the deck towards him, unmoving -

And Dutch screamed out his frustration as the fuel lines caught fire and he vanished into a ball of flame -

A shockwave hammered at Impetuous, but much of the energy billowed into the hangar containment field -

It held.

Just, but every part of the hangar was charred and burned -

Impetuous had a moment to be satisfied with his handiwork as he grinned at the thought of Dutch being painfully immolated by his own ship's engines.

Death by fire.

The fire that Dutch used to sever and burn his bridge and bond with Impetuous, how glorious, how ironic. But before Impetuous could genuinely revel at this moment, the shock wave from the explosion threw him backward, careening into the wall behind him.

Impetuous's form dissipated, and his lightning fizzled, but the pain was there. It caused his muscles to ache; he was barely able to stand, but he managed to find the strength.

Impetuous limped on and fell next to Rebecca and cradled her, she was unmoving, but Impetuous wanted to see for himself. He wanted to know if she was still alive.

She had to be.

No one could take her from him.

"Come on, Rebecca, wake up.

I know you're tougher than this, don't you dare...

Don't you dare die on me.

I haven't allowed you to die.

You're supposed to serve me forever.

So come on...please."

Please?

Why did he say that?

Impetuous was beginning to feel alone; he did not want to be alone. He hated being alone, but that's when it dawned on him, he was always alone, but it was only until recently with Rebecca that he stopped feeling this way.

Part of her head had been burned away by the blaster shot - but she had been lucky; the cyborg of her face had been damaged, and the shots to her abdomen could be replaced with more mechanical parts…

In short…

… she was merely unconscious.

Not dead.

Even as the star system erupted into chaos…

… Rebecca was alive!

Impetuous sighed in relief and placed his head against hers, letting it sit there for a moment as he couldn't fathom her being gone now; he brushed her hair and kissed her undamaged forehead.

Rebecca was alive...

Somehow she was alive...

Rebecca needed fixing, but that was something Impetuous could easily do. Impetuous sat up and rose to his feet, carefully lifting her; it's so funny how only when she was almost gone did Impetuous finally realized what this woman meant to him. Impetuous could never see himself being attached to anyone except his family, and when they betrayed him, he tried to close his heart.

But Rebecca managed to slide through the crack; she was one of his people, so she was already close, but now Impetuous realized she was more, so much more.

Impetuous....loved her?

Impetuous loved her!

Impetuous loved her as best as he could. And it may never be truly enough; his humanity was no longer what it used to be; he was no longer able to feel things as most people would.

He could not but help exploit and hate others, but Rebecca was...different.

If the Impetuous of old could see himself now, he would've called himself weak; after all, wasn't love forbidden as a Sith?

Malgus killed Eleena and grew power from it, right?

So wasn't love a weakness?

Maybe it wasn't; Impetuous didn't even know he was capable of feeling such rage at the notion that Rebecca almost died.

Maybe love made someone stronger.

Maybe the passion of love made the Darkside stronger within someone.

Maybe...But wasn't this the same trap Gravid fell into?

But Vectivus died a beloved Sith, surrounded with all their loved ones.

So maybe, love isn't so bad after all.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Senator Greeata Shychuvooq / Aurrena
    On the Surface, the Cloister, in summation

Coming in had been a strangely simple thing to do. Once down she had ushered forwards towards her old class mates where they were meeting on the second floor, they all had a perfect view of events below, but honestly at this point she mostly had ears for what Warmaster Nas Choka had to say. “This does not feel like a surrender. One has to wonder as to how much power you three truly wield.” Ike looked from the Yuuzhan Vong at the politicians gathered as he brandished his amphistaff at them.

“Order the Kuati to surrender to our fleet, and the Eriaduan’s, so we might finish off the New Republic. The resistance at Hapes will come to an end, and the war will be over. You can decide who will be Chancellor of the defeated New Republic while we complete our annexation.”

Not a question for her and not an accusation against her. She had already surrendered her world and it's people to utter devastation as Senator Greeata Shychuvooq, and this, this was merely pageantry.

In the middle of all this chaos, a single Yuuzhan Vong ship descended from orbit. A ship her multifaceted view of the world around her did not let escape her vision as it landed. It landed behind the downed Dipyramid, and the Kaminoan Shuttle - at the North Entrance - and two figures stepped into the Cloister of XoXaan.

One was robed in black, wielding desiccated hands and milk-blind eyes; the other was a deformed Yuuzhan Vong.

Palpatine and Onimi stepped from the north entrance of the cloister. “You have gathered here to witness my victory. My triumph,” the Emperor crowed, even as he dragged his emaciated corpse into the room. His tone was one of crooning, while Onimi slunk besides him, sharp eyes flittering.

“I will accept fealty from you all.”

His words snaked into all of their ears and minds. She was sure of that.

To these words she simply smiled, trunk bending as she looked at the arena below. "A true proof of an Avatar is not in his words, but in the deeds that follow them. I shall enjoy bearing witness." she stated coyly and softly so hopefully only the two Jori's and Tarkin could overhear. If others did it was no matter. She was never a tool for her simple acceptance of anything, for if she had she would be dead.

TAG: @HanSolo29, @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth , @TheAdmiral, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @Darth Cocytus, @JediMasterAnne, @Adalia-Durron (SINGLES ONLY)

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy the Red, and Purple, and Black, and those lovely Bronze accents
    The Courtyard

Sitting on a pedestal, just waiting for someone to come in.
    Five thousand years I played for, just to make this pedstal my own! M'yeah!
    Now just sitting on a pedestal, just wasting time - sweet ti-ime!
    Looks like, nothing going to change!
    Everything ordained remain the same!
    Yet I can't do what ten thousand plebs tell me to do!
    So I'm just sitting on this pedestal, wasting time ' oh time.

It was before they got around to composing another verse for the cohabitating shards to groan, heckle, or applaud with noxious snickers that they felt a dynamic shift. A chill change in the air that boded of things happening and peace that was about to be disturbed. They had long talked with all the other holocrons, passing time with histories and knowledge that could be pried into being shared.

Only now it was not a change in one of these that they were feeling. It was a change in living things of this forsaken world.

And there was a presence. "I feel a presence. One I haven't felt since. . ." at that they fell silent.

Then there was a shadow and they really could not help themselves. "Hello there!"

TAG: @Sinrebirth , Any

9. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin

As soon as they got back aboard Beaumont immediately went off on one.

And she probably deserved that.

Just hours before they were enjoying time with each other after a near death experience. Now this. And she felt even tinier now. Not since when they had left Coruscant and Pascale's Echo was still around had they had a bust up like this.

Make or break time…

"First of all let me say this" she tried to keep her voice strong but it was wobbling, she could feel Beaumont's annoyance at her "I don't want to run away again, what I said to you was true, we do our bit then retire".

"But why suggest Korriban? When we almost died fighting Palpatine, where you got poisoned, nearly died and I nearly died saving you. Do you want to do that again? We need to be stronger to face him".

Her voice turned sad "I don't want to see you die, you don't want to see me die. But if we fight Palpatine as we are now, we will die. And I can't…" she swallowed "I can't lose you. I nearly lost you twice, don't make it a third time".

"You said you wanted to teach Ben regarding the Vongsense but I heard you use 'I' not 'we'" her face turned sadder "Did you not want me to help?"

"Because we can't keep escaping these disasters by the skin of our teeth, Qwi?" He looked panicked. "How can I keep us safe if we're always on our own, running from Sith spirits, Keshiri Tribes, Emperors and invaders? We've had so many close calls. With Gorog, and Taalon, and the Lost Sith - even Palpatine basically took what he wanted and let us go."

He squeezed his hands into fists.

"We keep nearly losing each other, Qwi."

Exasperation stole across his features. "Why did I say me and not we when it came for Ben? Because as much as I do want you to help, I can't guarantee you won't tell me off because I made a suggestion naturally. It's not as if I intended to speak for you, but everyone else is putting their necks on the line and what makes us so special that we get to do things our way?"

Qwi felt like a spear was being driven through her. Normally she would fight fire with fire. But she didn't want to fight with Beaumont. No way.

But he was ripping her to pieces. Maybe perhaps she was too fiery for her own good.

She had to take a few moments to respond. She had to be calm, rational. But the thought that he did not want her there because she would go off on one...it hurt. Badly. The feeling of feeling tiny was getting bigger.

"You make fair points" she said "I wanted to keep us safe too. And I thought staying in the shadows would help. We did it until we crashed on Kesh. And then we took the Sith on and it all changed. We found the galaxy had changed too. And I wanted us to be independent so we could be safer".

"But I was wrong. Too late right? But the New Republic is in a mess you've seen it, practically everywhere is a mess. But I suppose with the New Republic being the legitimate government we should help them".

"But there is also, as you say, the Lost Tribe. They have not gone away. We took the fight to them fifteen years ago. Maybe it's time as you say to finish them off".

"I know that I am fiery and fiesty maybe too much and I'm sorry I hurt you. But you not wanting me to help….i'm so sorry. It hurts me, and I caused it".

She wanted to crumple to the floor and curl up in a ball.

Beaumont deflated and rushed over. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

He squeezed her close. "It's okay. I just... want this to... stop. I thought we could just make this one last push, and we'd be free. Nobody would be left to wreck the galaxy - we could just be... safe. Palpatine, if he builds another Starkiller, we all die. We know he'll do it. He'll find enough politicians and corporate idiots to rule the broken galaxy and build what he needs."

He held her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head in Beaumont's chest shaking like a leaf. Feeling the weight of it all on her shoulders.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" she said looking up at him "It was my fault. I know you want to help and I do too. I was just frightened, after what Palpatine did last time. He could strip more and more and more away until we were both empty and nothing".

"I'm tired of all the fighting, the killing, the endless wars. I've killed enough people to haunt me for a lifetime and back. I can see and feel your tiredness too. I love you and all I want is you. Hell we could live in a hut and live off nature but if I'm with you I don't care".

"I don't know if we can get to Korriban in time. But there is one thing we could do and that's finish the job we started on Kesh. Palpatine might want new Sith to join his ranks. The Lost Tribe are perfect for him".

Her face turned determined "We take them out, one less threat. And it will repay Feyna for sending those Hapan fleets".

Beaumont was thinking about it. "We can't beat the Tribe without numbers... are the Jedi going to be helping?"

He sighed slightly. "I thought Feyna would have this in-hand, but it's a mess here."

Another hesitation. "Do you want to look at the Korriban situation before we commit? It could be messier than we think, or it could be a lot simpler." His tone was firm. "Just look."

"Or do we go to Kesh and rally the Protectors? Start commandeering ships, and building something?"

Qwi thought for a few moments, keeping her arms around Beaumont.

"The Jedi themselves are a bit busy with the Vong. Maybe they are planning to take out Palpatine who knows".

"But if we are going to take on the Lost Tribe, Palpatine, anyone, we need numbers. A fighting force and we have that with the Protectors on Kesh. We cannot take on these foes alone, you are right about needing numbers".

"We've trained them for war, we have warriors so let's use them. We've told them for years there is a galaxy out there, yes it's a mess but they will truly know it's true".

"We should not abandon them. We've fought long and hard for peace on Kesh. Let's unleash some light on this darkness and bring peace to the galaxy".

Beaumont nodded. “We’ll go back to Kesh and bring back every Protector we can. Hundreds of Keshiri lightsiders could make all the difference. A huge one.”

He held her.

“Thank you, Qwi, for showing me what we can do - only us.”

Qwi smiled and tiptoed up wrapping her arms around his neck this time.

"It will, and it will help the galaxy out too. And we need to get fully prepared, I don't think this drape is very appropriate" she raised a playful eyebrow "Unless we intend to run into battle with no clothes on".

She kissed him softly.

"And there's more from us to come my dear. We are not finished yet. It's going to take our bond, our love for each other to get through this.".

"And I do love you. So very much. And I'm sorry again for today."

“I’m sorry too,” Beaumont said, kissing her. “But the Keshiri aren’t going anywhere, we can make sure we’re dressed…”

He smiled slightly. “… but to dress we will have to undress first.”

Beaumont kissed Qwi again.

Qwi kissed him back deeper. "I like your thinking" she purred "I'd love to see you try and get this thing off" she winked.

"Although the bed in the back is rather uncomfortable and looks hard" she looked out the ship's front port "I think we might be in hyperspace, so once we get to where we are going we can quickly jump to Kesh".

She grinned "And if i'm thinking what you are thinking we might have time for some...pleasurable activities".

10. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: Another combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Grand Admiral Lennox Jerod

It seemed Sarretti had agreed to join the Empire of the Hand, it was the right decision Lennox thought with the current mess the New Republic was in.

He had taken the Megador, now rechristened Cerberus with him to Corellia once the refugees had been offloaded and she had been prepared. Jerod figured he might as well give her a test run.

Against a superweapon no less.

He had decided to stay on Roadblock, it was his ship after all from his Imperial days. He had never had a dreadnaught in his fleet, he had to use it wisely.

Jerod's fleet decanted first, then another fleet. Admiral Niriz had decided to come and play as well. Ten thousand versus….five thousand, including six dreadnaughts and a superweapon. Round about even.

Lennox wasted no time in getting going "Cerberus, those six dreadnaughts may cause a big problem, clear as many as you can, heavy ships focus your fire on your heavier counterparts. Once we clear a hole big enough then we can focus on Centrepoint".

"Fighters and bombers to standby, I want to see what their fleet does first before launching. Medium and small ships, fill in the gaps, targets are yours to choose for now".

He nodded "Form the wall".

The Corellian fleet shifted immediately, but they didn't do it to form a counterwall, no - the six heaviest ships rushed forward, creating a shield overlap, even as the smaller ship nudged themselves behind and followed -

Forming a spear into the Hand formation.

Aimed at the Cerberus.

Corellians were headstrong, confident to the point of foolhardy.

When they fought, they fought hard.

The Cerberus opened fire with it's long-range turbolasers, massive cannons hitting the front egg-shaped dreadnought - it bled a layer of armour - revealing that a second set of armour was within it. It was literally designed to lose shields and a whole layer of hull and not give a damn.

A storm of fighter craft advanced ahead of the six ships - Uglies X-wings, TIE Interceptors, Howlrunners, Corellian designs - an entire era of snubfighter.

"Well, well it seems the Corellians have resorted to their usual fight dirty tactics…." Jerod smiled slightly "I expected nothing less".

"All fighters apart from bombers, launch. All ships, begin movement to the sides, let's try a little squeeze shall we. They want dirty? I'll give them it".

"Cerberus, manuver up, let's give them a little death from above shall we? I would like to see what these ships are really made of''.

The Corellians shifted to follow the Cerberus up, but that increased their exposure to the flanking fire.

One of the Star Defenders slid out of formation on each side and led a stream of bulk cruisers and frigates towards the two lines, freeing up the remaining three-and-a-half larger ships to pursue the Cerberus, which was seeking height and firing its heaviest weapons -

CRACK!

The egg-shaped Corellian Dreadnought exploded, leaving two more and one Star Defender attempting to close the distance. The Cerberus shifted the focus of it's fire -

Even as the enemy fighters smashed into Jerod's, a hundred thousand lights twinkling.

The Corellian bombers - the modern YT-5100 Shriek - numbered too many for the fighter screen to fully handle and they began to pick at Jerod's Star Destroyers. Frontal torpedo and missile launchers spat streams at several, including the Roadblock -

The line officer called out. "Brace, brace, brace!"

Lennox growled "Get fighters on those bombers, I don't care how many we get there just blast them before they take out any of the heavy ships".

"Cerberus, continue your rise and blow those ships to pieces. Heavy ships focus fire on those bigger ships. Small and medium focus your fire on the frigates and cruisers. Anti starfighter craft focus your fire on the bombers and any fighter craft you can get shots on".

"Begin flanking maneuvers, let's see if we can give them a proper squeeze shall we. Use the numbers we have to our advantage, people".

The Roadblock shuddered but it’s shields held, but two other Star Destroyers erupted into flame. The numbers were coming into play but the Corellians were focusing on their speed -

The Cerberus opened fire on the sole Star Defender in the remainder trio of advancing ships, but it’s shields held and it finally reached range -

A tantalising display of crimson turbolaser lasers and corkscrewing missiles erupted -

Even as the Cerberus responded in kind with its traditional weapons -

The three heavy ships vanished beneath the barrage, even as their storm of Corellian fire battered down the shields of the Cerberus.

The Corellian fighters abandoned their bombers to Hand fighters, even as the last two Star Defenders attempted to shift between the Cerberus and the Hand fleet to give their fighters a chance -

Otherwise the rest of the Corellian fleet was chopped to pieces by superior Hand numbers -

Those Star Defenders were indeed tricky customers. Lennox moved a hand down and started tapping one of his batons in thought.

"Cerberus you are getting bashed, move back into the group and focus on long range fire, your shields need a recharge. "

"Those Star Defenders are the problem. If they try to split us up they will break our formation" he narrowed his eyes "Squeeze them harder so they cannot escape. Complete flanking maneuver and concentrate all your fire on those Star Defenders".

"Deploy a quarter of your bombers. Whilst the Cerberus is backing up let's continue our above assault".

The Cerberus began to ponderously retreat into formation, as their surplus warships shifted to defend it. The Star Defenders were struggling, drawing an immense amount of fire and focusing on defence. But it was hopeless for the Corellians now.

All their fury had simply brought down the shields of the dreadnought, and then they had ran out of steam.

“Admiral, I have the Corellian Prime Minister on the line.”

He nodded "Put them through" he said simply "And keep the fire going, if we stop the Corellians will try and take the advantage".

"Prime Minister '' he said as the comm was put through "Am I assuming you are comming to chew me out for attacking you? Or are you here to negotiate".

Aidel Saxan glared at him.

“I don’t believe we’ve been introduced, not even before your unprovoked assault on my system.”

Her tone was curt, impetuous.

The Corellian fleet was being shredded even as it fought to the end. Now the fast moves and swift attacks had ended, the casualties were stacking up - more on the Corellian side, but there were hundreds of shattered warships from both sides. Even though they could not win, they wouldn’t stop fighting either.

Projections had it that the Empire of the Hand was about to lose a third of its numbers defeating the entirety of the Corellian fleet, but nearly half of the Imperial fighters they had deployed - the Corellians were by and large statistically better pilots.

But it would be a total victory.

Soon enough.

Jerod could negotiate a win and avoid that, with a tenth of his warships lost but a third of the Corellians thanks to their now defeated-tactics… or he could press his success and triumph totally.

"Madame Prime Minister, my name is Lennox Jerod. Grand Admiral and current leader of the Empire of the Hand.".

He kept his voice calm "I am here because Centrepoint Station fired on the Garqi system. And since this weapon was either fired on the command of yourself or someone rogue it is clear to me that it is not a safe weapon in your hands. Particularly since you apparently wiped out New Republic fleets as well as Vong".

"Now your fleet is about to be wiped out but I have a proposition for you since you no doubt want to avoid more bloodshed. You stop firing and I will do so as well".

"So the proposition is this. I take Centrepoint off your hands and you join the Empire of the Hand. Corellians are known to be good fighters and your Star Defenders and bombers are impressive. And I would like them on my team to take on the real threat. Yuuzhan Vong".

"The galaxy is in chaos. Only under one united banner can we triumph. The New Republic is in disarray, the Confederation are a motley rabble and the Eternal Empire is ruled by darksiders who want to rule with an iron fist".

"There are terrors in the Unknowns just waiting to be unleashed. You think it will stop with the Vong? Join us and Corellia will be remembered for helping to defeat the REAL enemies".

Saxan looked horrified. “Centerpoint’s fire did… that?” She shook her head. “It wasn’t us - Sal-Solo had control of it. But he’s not fired again…”

The woman made a decision. “I won’t join the Empire of the Hand. I will however call a truce and assist you in securing Centerpoint. But it will be a joint command or no deal. And Corellians cannot be oppressed; the last time an Empire came here, we destroyed a tenth of the entire military.”

The woman’s chin jutted up. “That’s the only deal I’ll offer you.”

As she spoke, their respective casualties mounted. Clearly she didn’t trust the Grand Admiral with Centerpoint either.

"Indeed it did'' Lennox said "Your position however with the New Republic if you do have one remains tenuous."

The casualty numbers were looking concerning now. War was war but it was never a victory if you spent too many lives chasing a lost cause.

"We are not the Galactic Empire, we do not oppress worlds, that was not Grand Admiral Thrawn's mission. We are hoping to unite the galaxy but it seems the galaxy is intent on tearing itself apart. Corellians are proud but you must see a hopeless situation when you see one".

He nodded "Very well, we have a truce and an alliance on Centrepoint. If it is the only way we can secure it then so it shall be. However if the Yuuzhan Vong come calling which they no doubt will or other systems call for it's assistance I trust you will not refuse to help".

Saxan nodded. “I’ll call a ceasefire but you know these things are ragged.”

The Corellians shifted all their energy to shields. All Jerod had to do was give the order, and the Battle of Corellia would be over.

Lennox nodded and looked to his comm officer "Give the order to cease fire, all ships and fighters remain on standby unless we have any...rogue elements".

The battle came to a slow but steady stop.

The Corellians were down from six pocket dreadnoughts and five thousand warships to two Star Defenders and about three thousand smaller vessels.

The Empire of the Hand was down fifteen hundred warships, with some eight thousand five hundred left - and of course the Cerberus.

That left Centerpoint Station to take.

There was a landing craft already en route from Corellia. Saxan explained. “It’s my husband, Denjax Teppler. He has two hundred CorSec Army troopers with him. I intend him to lead the first landing.”

“Is that agreeable?”

"Agreed, tell him I will meet him shortly, I will be coming aboard in person to make sure this truce holds and that the transition goes smoothly". He nodded for the channel to be cut.

He looked down at the pits "Prepare a shuttle and security detail. Tell Admiral Niriz he has command of the fleet and to keep an eye on things."

"One false move and I will consider this truce...void".

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Narancia

11. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Why…

It didn’t matter, stretched or now being compressed, Renn’s world had become pain. He didn’t even know if Vhardia had been able to use the Dagger he’d thrown to her. All he could feel was the pain. His bark was under intense strain, inside was even worse. His internals were becoming pulp. He couldn’t even hear his cries of pain as his eardrums had ruptured, his optic nerves had been some of the first things crushed inside him but now...now his capillaries were no more. He could feel his sap simply seeping from his pores, running down him.

And then it stopped. He fell to the sands, compressed into a smaller form than he’d ever attempted to take. He couldn’t stretch back out, it hurt too much although he tried. Resting for a moment he hoped it was all over, that they had won. But, as his senses reached out, he felt no one, nothing alive nearby. Above, he felt two presences, one was certainly Abeloth, he could feel her wicked delight as she waited for him to make a discovery but the other was not Vhardia.

Confused, disoriented, he reached for the bond that he and his wife shared, but it terminated in a blank wall of nothingness. His throat, hoarse from the constant cries of pain, emitted a sound of pure despair. Unseeing, he spread out the four arms he still had, uncaring at the pain of it, trying to find her. Several paces away one touched flesh. He pulled himself closer, inch by inch, as the arm explored, trying to determine who it was. What made him ache even more was that the flesh was cooling, whoever it was was dead.

He tried to call out for her, her name coming in a hoarse tone. But there was no answer. His heart ached, his mind roiled in turmoil. And then his crawling brought him close enough he could catch a scent, tears beginning to fall. It was the iron scent of blood but under it, fading, was the sweet scent of his wife. As his head fell back in a roar of pain and loss he could feel, just barely hear again, the sound of a trilling laugh coming from Abeloth at his discovery.

His arms slid up, trying to sense any spark of life in her. Which was when he found the gaping wound in her torso, sliced from just above her hips, opening, her ribs spread, as though whoever cut her hadn’t cared to just cut but had thrust their hand and their weapon both into her. He reached deeper, and then the tears flowed even more as he felt the pommel of the Dagger. It had to have been Abeloth.

He had lost everything. He was...alone…He was the last Neti and his mate, the woman he loved was...gone. His other arms curled around Vhardia’s corpse, pulling her to him. His hand tried to pull out the Dagger so he could join her when he felt it ripped free from her body, descrating it further. In his grief he cared not that it slashed across his torso, barely missing his heart.

He could feel the Dagger sail upward and it mattered to him not whether it was Abeloth doing more to torture him or the other, whoever that had been, that had taken it. They had done even more evil. His head fell back and his senses pinpointed where the Tho Yor with them both onboard. His energy began to gather, the Light yelling at him, trying to get him to stop, but he was unmoved. He reached for the core of Jakku ready to take all the energy of the planet and hurl it at the Tho Yor.

And then he felt it…

A translucent hand touched his, an arm curled around his shoulder, a whisper tickled his ear, her presence blazed next to him.

"Stay your hand, son of light, it's okay, Renn. It's okay."

All the power, all the emotion, it all drained, he was hollow. He couldn’t even see her now, blindness still clouded his vision. ”No...no it’s not Vhardia…” he whisper-wailed. As he held her body, even as her spirit touched him what was left of his desire to continue fled. Neti just weren’t equipped to deal with deaths of their mates in normal circumstances and his had been taken right in front of him.

His body shifted, enfolding her body completely, respectfully. Leaning over, the cocoon of Renn shifted, his back becoming a moderately broad short platform. His limbs extended, becoming long and fibrous, until they reached the water table, deep underground, The cocoon as well as most of the platform hardened and sank into the sand until only the top of it was visible.

As Renn’s spirit withdrew deeper into himself, curling against the body of his wife, another change happened, The ground around the tiny mausoleum vibrated then hardened into a shelf. A pure white flame danced upon the surface, the Light, the only visible means to find them as the sands shifted, covering all again, save a narrow space around the flame.

What was left, Renn’s spirit curled around Vhardia’s body, it’s eyes closing as it dropped into the deepest hibernation of his kind, he’d protect her until time ended.

=====================================================================

IC Xundel
    Korriban

Ship had landed by the south entrance, surrounded by other craft, of the cloister. It as well as Xundel, Kyp, and Adalia could sense all the darknesses that surrounded them. It felt as though the world itself was filled with darkness but in the immediate were multiple living darknesses, lesser than a ture Darkness but still no less dangerous.

Xundel himself touched Ship, ’We will need your aid soon, my friend. Please wait for us to request that you do so.’ he thought to it before he stepped out after Kyp and Adalia. They were somewhat hidden by the yacht but he could see the landing legs of that ugly beweaponed freighter.

He sighed, letting his senses do his reconnaissance for him. Five dark siders were coming from that ship, other Force users, at least one a dark sider came from the other yacht. Then there was the hooded one, that the Father had taught him of, the Master of Masters. There were plain humans as well before he felt a twisted void in the Force and an extremely dark Force user make their presences known.

He glanced at his companions, the three of them, Protectors, even if the other two had not taken that responsibility upon themselves yet. Stumping up to them he glanced up, ”Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?”*

*Quote attributed to Gimli in the film The Return of the King

========================================================================

IC Tarkin
    Korriban, the roof of the cloister

Tarkin smiled softly as his ship landed. There was such a variety of ships that he knew this was even more important to Palpatine than his old schoolmate had said. Several of the vessels he recognised but what was important was that when he landed Jori was there, as was Aurrenna. And then another ship landed, letting out a man in a Black Coat as well as his granddaughter. Walking slowly over to her, ”Hello Jori, your grandmother and I are pleased to see you again. Did this...man...treat you well as he brought you here?”

He didn’t get a chance to say more as a Vong Warmaster appeared.

"Warmaster Tsavong Lah is dead. He and his half of the armada were destroyed with most of the New Republic fleet by a weapon based in the Corellian system. I have sent our reserve Domain fleet to intervene there, and our very last fleet to Kuat. I am now Warmaster, at the behest of our Supreme Overlord."

"I understand you are to represent the New Republic and formally manage its surrender and annexation. Kuat, Rothana and Eriadu are key to the conquest of the galaxy, and I understand that the Supreme Overlord has allowed a single string of HoloNet nodes to survive from here to your worlds. Authorise their surrender, and we shall end the war today."

Tarkin regarded the creature with a critical eye. This wasn’t exactly as Palpatine had explained and that was, unfortunately, not a surprise. Other craft were making their approaches and landings, mostly by the South Entrance. Ship he knew from old memories and the freighter was familiar. A small smile came as he heard the annoyance in the Vong’s voice with what appeared to be Jedi as well as the Knights of Ren appeared.

“This does not feel like a surrender. One has to wonder as to how much power you three truly wield. Order the Kuati to surrender to our fleet, and the Eriaduan’s, so we might finish off the New Republic. The resistance at Hapes will come to an end, and the war will be over. You can decide who will be Chancellor of the defeated New Republic while we complete our annexation.”

Tarkin kept silent, aside from turning slightly toward the woman close to his side, Jori. As he did that side of his mouth turned up and he slowly winked at her. Which, of course, was when one last ship descended and landed by the North Entrance. Palpatine looked to be in very bad shape but he was recognizable. The other was yet another Warmaster, twisted and deformed. The fact he was by Palpatine’s side spoke volumes to his importance to the man who had engineered all that was occurring.

As those two approached, he could feel the Dark energy radiating from the man. His old classmate stopped before them, the Warmaster looking just as annoyed and ready to kill them as the first was.

“You have gathered here to witness my victory. My triumph, I will accept fealty from you all.”

Turning back toward the man as he spoke, Tarkin could feel the words, hear them directly in his mind as well as through his ears. Which, given expressions from those around him, they did as well.

”Fealty...has a much better ring to it than immediate surrender and demands that our forces be used against those that are stronger than them, in our home systems.” He knew the blind Palpatine could ‘see’ him as he looked into the man’s eyes, ”I do not believe your ‘friends’ know Eriaduans or Kuati very well. Neither society is one that takes such direct threats well. Especially when an old friend knows the reason the representatives of those worlds have come because our granddaughter was brought here.” There, he’d finally said it out loud and in public.

A small smile and a micrometric nod was the only reply that he’d heard and understood Aurrenna, not just what she had said but what was also unsaid.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith (Mentioned), @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron (Mentioned), @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto (Mentioned), @TheAdmiral (Mentioned)

12. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A Combo with @Sinrebirth @Narancia and @darthbernael

IC: Tobias Vox, Snefru and Emperor Nevet

Atrisia, the New Eternal Empire capital, Starkiller Base

Tobias sat alone in his chamber as he came to view within himself. Washing and roiling himself in the Force, trying to ascertain what this so-called 'Vicrul' was. It had been so keen on speaking and now fell silent. Why the thing was growing to be quite tiresome to say the least. The unending silence.

He would meet with Snefru as they made their way to meet with Nevet himself. Tobias had much to discuss with his master, much indeed. Tobias could feel the weakness that now plagued Nevet. A thing to be noted but not commented on.

And thus Tobias Vox, the Eye of Nevet, would appear before one of his Emperors on bended knee. He would not be surprised if Snefru chose not to as unwise as that may be.

"My Lord, much has transpired, much must be discussed."

As Snerfu entered the chamber with Tobias, he couldn't help but feel a bit of apprehension.

What did Nevet summon them for?

Would Tobias honor his agreement?

Would Snerfu need to explain his actions?

Snerfu could only wonder and watch as he also bent his knee before the weakened Nevet.

Many things had occurred in the time that Sistros’ battered flagship took to reach Starkiller Base. Nevet still mentally wrestling with both Zes’tus and the Wounds was more annoyed than before at the fact they continued to believe they would find the power they desired by hamstringing him, especially as they were shackled to him and could not escape his mind. And Zes’tus, his soul, he had to chuckle occasionally, that could use Essence Transfer but...it would lose all it had here, including being tied directly to the Dark Side of the Force if it attempted to do so.

He’d spent the time, as well on several other projects, the consolidation and repair of the fleet, the reintegration of the Knights under Marana once more, a necessary evil considering what currently lived within Tobias. The Anzati that returned were, naturally, curious at what the Wounds had done, but even reduced Nevet was an ancient assassin and more than willing to prove it if he needed. As well, he’d had the time to listen too, to watch, to absorb the various conversations that Snefru and Tobias had had, often making the corner of his lip twitch upward.

And finally there was one last project. One that had required that he dredge his memory and send units, surreptitiously, to various worlds to collect what he required. Which all came together in the last few days before the arrival of the former zealot and his Eye.

When the two beings entered the Throne room Anzati assassins, fading in and out of sight behind chameleon cloaks so as not to waste their own power, lined one wall. The Knights that had been able to return lined the other. Their heads turned, each as the two approached the Throne. The Throne Nevet currently did not occupy.

Instead he was facing his son, Kigrael speaking in a low tone, words that perhaps Tobias may understand some of, having spent time on Anzat when the shadow capital was viable. Nevet turned as the sound of his speaking faded, the bone-white mask taking in the two kneeling before him. There was a small smile, a gleam in his eyes, that was matched by a gleam in his son’s eyes, a sense of something in the air, as yet hidden.

He nodded to them both, ”Rise, my Eye, rise Snefru, oh and welcome he who has decided upon his name, Vicrul. I am pleased you arrived, there is much to be done.”

Tobias arose as instructed his mind sharp as he contemplated his current situation. The Knights, they were becoming untethered from him. And his Master, how did he know that the being as named Vicrul? Such had only been uttered to himself when he was away. Tobias frowned, a tendril of anger flaring up within his mind.

His voice however remained calm, as he gazed toward Nevet.

"And there is much to be explained. Master. Have I been unsatisfactory? Have I not remained loyal and steadfast? Carrying out your whim and will as you see fit. Looking ever forward as your Eye to future threats. That of the Empire of Hand, of the Republic, of the Yuuzhan Vong. Negotiating peace between a potential foe and ensuring the empire does not further destabilize. And yet you decide to insult me and diminish my position. Is this the reward you think I duly deserve? My loyalties on Bakura were shaken to their core, I know you can sense that so there is no use in playing coy."

He paused for a moment, lacing at Snefru before finishing off his calm tirade.

"Do you fear the darkness within me? I will admit I do not fully understand the nature of what it is, but there are far, far more effective countermeasures that could be put in place. And yet you chose the one that slights me when you have slighted me, your loyal servant, already within recent memory"

Snerfu nodded at Tobias's confession. It was obvious that the top lieutenants had their beliefs shaken during the Correlian's assault on Bakura. Snerfu could see that Berneal's power was a fraction of what it used to be, and Snerfu assaulted Graul's children. But Snerfu wondered where this discussion would go. But Snerfu spoke directly after Tobias.

"I agree with Tobias, my Emperor," Snerfu spoke tentatively, "The events at Bakura have shaken our chemistry, our ability to synergize with one another fully. We must rebuild this if we are to continue forward, my Emperor."

Snerfu made sure to highlight Berneal's title; he wanted to make sure Berneal didn't feel slighted.

Nevet’s lip twitched in what could be called a smile as he listened to his Eye. The man was upset, confused, angry, frustrated, so many emotions swirled in him that it was almost a buffet of emotion. He raised a hand as the Anubi added and agreed with his counterpart, making the smile twitch again. ”Much occurred on Bakura, much you sensed, much you did not. None was intended as offense. If so I would say that many more than you would have the right to stand where you do now and claim the same. Of course I can see your point of view.”

He glanced at the Knights, standing straight, at ease, against the wall, ”You believe I insult you by changing the scope of your duties in this time of chaos and galactic war. One of you has led the contingents of our Force users, one of you has worshipped myself and Skelm as gods. We are, have been, will be again. But to lose faith because the enemy, of those that face us there can be counted on one hand our true enemies and the true attack came from one of those. Because such an enemy was able to attack and damage even us there is doubt. So be it.”

He sat in the Throne, glancing at them, glad that he’d had Fel not be present for this, and that he’d had the hall scoured for monitoring devices. ”My Eye,” he began again, in a perhaps calmer tone, ”I have chosen to amend your duties, not take away as a means to insult you. I have a task, one I would trust only to one I trust, for you.”

“Snefru,” he chuckled for a moment. ”You do realize if you had told me your desire to have a homeworld for your people it would have happened long past. I have a thought for you, considering recent events, what is the greatest threat to the empire besides Palpatine and the Vong? Not our squabbling foes who seek to take us down piecemeal, but a delusional foe who has already destroyed a good quarter of the galaxy’s ability to stop that other foe. Now how do you think that particular foe would stand against a horde of Anubi?”

He sat back, eyes still bright, as Kigrael stepped to his side, Marana moving closer on the other side of the Throne as well. ”Four of the people I’ve trusted most are in this room and two of them believe I do not trust them when the opposite is true. Now, you wish to know, to act, to be sure of that trust. What I ask of you both I would ask of no others.”

A small smile spread across Tobias's face.

"I thought you knew me better than to take a man simply at his words, but rather examine his actions." He tilted his head as he calmly walked slightly. His eyebrow raised as his master seemingly knew of information he had no way of knowing. Other than reading their minds. A prospect that was...unsettling to say the least.

"Perhaps you did not mean it as an insult because all those around you mean so little. Exploding the palace without warning, perhaps understandable, but nearly resulting in my death. Yet again drawing on your maddening power with a warning of no less than eight seconds for me to get off-world, my life yet again put in danger. And now you amend my duties, reshape my scope. Gilded ways of saying that you strip me of power. I am no fool, my Emperor. I do not wish to be treated as a child told how their punishment is somehow a reward. Do not sugar coat a demotion and attempt to sell me honey-drenched dung."

His eyes glinted as he watched the Emperor.

"You have an awfully odd way of showing this so-called 'trust',"

His eyes squinted for a moment before continuing.

"You think I am so unwise not to put protocols in place in case I am kidnapped or held hostage. That is your concern is it not? You think I am so foolish as to not think of this possibility."

Snerfu rose but didn't say anything. How could he? Between everyone here, Snerfu was the least affected by the explosion, and the disillusionment that came with it actually worked for the better in his situation. As of now, they were giving him concessions!

Plus, Berneal was surprisingly amicable in this situation. He even, in some manner, knew of Snerfu's request for a homeworld and infrastructure. Still, he didn't seem to understand that Snerfu and his people were looking for assurances that they weren't going to be executed given a chance.

And before Snerfu could say anything, Tobias did what Snerfu could only describe as exposing a flaw in Berneal's argument. A weakness that Snerfu admittedly didn't think of, but at the same time, it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Berneal enjoyed having his ego stroked and was essentially viewed upon as a god for an extended period. In this case, it was inevitable that he would do something to put his forces in danger.

But then Snerfu thought of the assault on the capital. What was to be done? Berneal had to show excessive force to drive off the opposition and show that Bakura was off-limits, so his hands were tied. Were there better ways? Probably.

But it didn't help that this all occurred during an invasion.

So inevitably, this conversation seemed to be more of a personal matter for Tobias. But Snerfu couldn't blame him. The Eye of Nevet was caught up in the explosion and blew up because of the whole thing. Snerfu made no indications of his position; instead, he nodded when Tobias took the stage.

After all, Snerfu agreed to support Tobias, so to contradict him publicly was foolish. So Snerfu saw this as a game of sorts.

After all, an Emperor has to convince his supporters to stay after an unpopular action. Berneal was the one that needed to do the explaining. So Snerfu waited and watched; how was Berneal going to save his empire? Would he go down as Trajan or Commodus?

Nevet’s expression did not change as Tobias continued, Snefru’s nod told him the other’s position was not as directly personal as Tobias’s was but he was maintaining the alliance he’d seen they make aboard the other flagship. One eyebrow rose behind the mask at the mention of eight seconds. But he waited for his Eye to finish. When the man had, he sat back more against the Throne, a more relaxed posture.

”So, let’s see, you were in a secured bunker and got knocked around when I responded to assassins that were attempting to kill the entirety of the Eternal families. I had to change the playing field in a drastic way. The following ‘complaint’ is that you had eight seconds. If that is how you see it then perhaps I should have amended your duties more, I clearly gave twenty seconds, a lifetime to a Force user. And that countdown was broadcast quite clearly systemwide so the fact that you missed twelve seconds of it is worrisome. Coming to the ‘demotion’,” He turned to Snefru.

”Tell me, would you rather the chance to take the superweapon and perhaps the planet associated with it or would you rather steal the corpse of the avatar of the Light Side’s wife, driving him even more over the edge and assuring the dominance of the Dark Side for centuries to come?” he glanced back at Tobias, ”Yes, that was what I had planned for you, not kidnapping, not held hostage, simply the most difficult task currently available. After all, not only will it remove my Twin from the stage but also hamstring the Jedi, the same people who just killed many of those you know at Anzat.”

Tobias remained calm, his demeanor not rising that to anger or frustration but with each passing moment that became more difficult.

"My Lord you selected me to rise to this position because of my candid pragmatic nature. Because I could speak truths or opinions in a manner without fear of what might happen as a result. For that brings strength, you are wise enough not to surround yourself with simple yesmen."

He paused for a moment, noting how quickly Snefru was becoming politically savvy.

"It did not seem a particularly secure bunker when it was ripped apart into shreds, but as I said I can understand this course of action. As for 'twenty seconds' you tout that I had. Forgive me Master for firstly not being able to find a ship in the rubble of the world, begin the take-off sequence, and then get off-world and into orbit all while still having to kill Arb, be knocked out from the darkness within me, and notice that a certain fanatic was about to turncoat. If you truly, honestly think this deserves a demotion, after I sought peace rather than war, stabilizing the Empire as best I could, an action that I expected would be commended but you have brushed aside. Then my Lord I am of no use to you. Because not even a god could do all that and get off-world within twenty seconds,"

Tobias breathed in for a moment contemplating the task that Nevet had assigned to him. He failed to see why this task required a reduction of his power. The fact remained he was being punished for the most frivolous and non-existent of reasons. His mind working in dangerous ways. He would rather end this here and now but if not he was fearful that he would have to take actions in his own hands.

"This task you describe, I can appreciate it is of great import, but what is this now. I am simply just your best Knight of Nevet..."

He trailed off his mind working on a plan to remedy his situation. It was not one Nevet would like, but in time he would understand. For it was the situation Tobias was being forced into.

A snort inside his mind.

Vicrul had managed to stay quiet for all of this time, but at that, he had to react.

But he kept it to inside Tobias's head.

The Darkness had nothing to say to Bernael.

In-fact, it had more to say to Snerfu, but Vicrul wanted to see if the Eternal Emperor would manage to convince his servants to serve.

Snerfu noted Tobias's words. Specifically about the fanatic going turncoat.

Snerfu nodded. That did almost happen. Snerfu was a big enough dog to admit to himself that he almost committed treason.

And it was kind of ironic how despite everything, Tobias was getting the short end of the deal. Somewhere in his gut, Snerfu could sympathize with that. Almost as if in another life, Snerfu was put in the same position, and his superiors chose an unproven talent over him only to backtrack once it blew up in their face.

Snerfu was sure that whoever did that to him fell on their sword soon after. And all the previous supporters looked silly, so it didn't matter.

But Snerfu refocused his mind; he had no idea where that thought came from. Something was happening with his mind since the explosion.

Since Snerfu absorbed the residual dark side essence of Berneal's explosion, he was...understanding a lot more.

However, things were getting tense so far; Snerfu could see both sides having their own legitimate reasons for doing what they did. But his alliance was still with Tobias, so if Berneal wanted Snerfu's service, he had to convince Tobias.

Nevet had been waiting...and pushing...because it was needed. He sighed, glancing once again at Tobias. His hand waved at the man, in the general direction of his head. ”That...that there is why I have done what I have. You I trust, but that thing in you...he has yet to earn it, and based on what I know, he would rather tear everything down, has torn everything down, will tear everything down, beginning with turning the Knights into his own troops loyal to his darkness and not to the bond they share.”

His eyes met Tobias’s, ”I know him, do not know what he just told you when he stirred but he...I do not trust right now.” he believed honesty was needed here and he wasn’t going to deny to his Eye why he was acting as though the man had lost his trust. How it was rebuilt was the question. His head tilted to the side as he felt something in the bond between himself and his Twin that made him sigh again. ”The task of retrieving the body of my Twin’s wife I will give to another.” a short glance was passed to Kigrael.

”The task, requiring all your expertise as an assassin, and a team including the Saarai-Kaar, need to take over and destroy Centerpoint. Which will run coincidental with Snefru and the Anubi taking, destroying the foe at Corellia.” His gaze turned to the Anubi, ”Five livable worlds, Corellia itself being the key. Five worlds, I’d say, gives your kind plenty of room to grow.”

Snerfu's eyes gleamed with excitement, five worlds.

Five whole worlds!

The Anubi will become powerful again!

More than that, they'll become a nation.

Nay, a system unto themselves!

"So I get to kill our enemies, grow my people and establish our culture?!"

Snerfu's earlier stoicism went away, his tail wagged, and he was shivering with energy.

Tobias actually scoffed as he heard his Emperor's 'reason' for his decision. He wanted to exploded in rage for a moment, Nevet not listening to Tobias. Was this really the rational intellect he had come to respect.

"Which is why I said I have countermeasures in place if I am kidnapped or held hostage. The Knights are intelligent enough to know if an order is rogue not to mention the possibility of creating a fail-safe code, this thing does not take my memories, does it? Or even if I did we could enact another failsafe of some kind. It would appear you have a flair to go overboard my Master..."

It is concerning... a deal-breaking pattern
    he wanted to say but did not...

He mused as he watched as Snefru was offered five whole worlds and the expected jubilation that came with it. Tobias had much to do, he had told himself if Nevet continued his pattern of going overboard he would do something about it. The question was what.

"Vicrul merely snorted at what I had to say... if you must know..."

Tobias thought for a moment, his mind awash as he contemplated the piece on the board

"We shall go Emperor, Snefru, myself, if I may I would like to handpick the Knights that accompany us."

Nevet nodded, eyes mostly on Tobias, as he responded to Snefru first, ”Yes, your own system to truly thrive in. I look forward to your culture becoming a viable one, that is a valuable asset to the Empire.”

His fuller attention turned back to Tobias. The silence dragged out for a minute, then a second as they eyed each other, ”As I said I do not trust him. For now I shall leave it at that. As to the operation, as both are in close proximity, you may choose several Knights, yes athough Marana shall be involved, and the reason is not lack of trust but because she wishes to get to know you better, as your work has kept her far from her side. It was her request, not my own idea.” he replied with a glance at his wife, still attempting to understand, given the animosity he knew his Eye was feeling.

Tobias relented realizing there was no use in trying to convince Nevet otherwise. He gave a bow of his head and then looked up.

"Thank you, my Lord, it shall be done as you command,"

He gave no outward reaction to Marana being involved, although it of course bugged him somewhat, but such was his lot.

"Is there anything else you wish to discuss, my Lord?"

Nevet sighed, ”Find a way to cause me to trust this Vicrul, Tobias. Which will not occur now. But cause that trust to happen and you may see your status elevated higher than it had been before even the events upon Bakura.” he replied. He could not, would not tell Tobias all that was involved with that ‘spirit’, the man would have to find that out for himself.

”But, should you not be beyond the pale mad with your Emperor, I would ask that both of you share a drink with me, Marana, and Kigrael.”

Tobias gave a nod of his head but gave no response to the first part of what Nevet had to say, merely choosing to ignore it, for now.

"Of course, my Lord it is long overdue that I have a drink," he spoke with a sly smile before giving a look to Snefru. He needed to speak to him later, he would prove to be a useful ally. One that Tobias planned to continuously invest in.

"Yes, Emperor, I would love to have a drink before the annihilation of an entire civilization to establish our tribe!"

Snerfu was jovial at this moment, but he caught Tobias's look and shrugged; he wasn't sure what was happening entirely as this thing Berneal and Tobias kept referencing went over Snerfu's head. This Arb character was something of a mystery to Snerfu as well, but it didn't matter. Snerfu was preoccupied with the thoughts of his people getting five whole worlds! A total victory for the Anubi.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Narancia @darthbernael

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  13. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    Alliance

Darth Cocytus eyed the Jedi and her ignited weapon, seeing her finally accepting that they must, at least temporarily, join forces to fight this grave threat to the Galaxy, to both Dark Siders and Light Siders alike.

He most certainly noticed the malicious grin from his apprentice and smiled thinly, and approvingly, back at her malicious grin. She seemed more eager than how Darth Styx was in her beginning. Which was good.

“Very good and yes, I agree. This gathering above the Sith Homeworld for the first time in millenia is far too great for coincidence.”

He eyed the sky above thoughtfully, looking into both the Force and his own deductive skills.

“This timeline… far, far too different compared to my own and the other one I came from. I assume that with Palpatine faking his death during Order 66, Anakin Skywalker never became Darth Vader among a whole other things unthinkable. Which means, I can only assume, that what is meant by Change is that… this timeline is artificial, isn't it? Palpatine said it himself during my duel with him that he 'created' this reality. None of this is supposed to have happened, but that would take an unimaginable amount of power to make happen.“

He finally ignited one of his crimson blades with glowing yellow-orange eyes filled with desire.

“Power that the Black-Coat would most certainly know about. Let’s go find him.”

@Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori I Atreus
    On-board Mandator-I Class Star Dreadnought “Kuat’s Pride”

Jori was standing on the ship’s bridge. The elderly lady had been restless since that conference call. Palpatine had the gall to threaten her granddaughter. She was going to make him pay.

But first she would play the role that he required from her. Revenge was a dish best served cold. Hopefully an opportunity to strike would arise soon enough. After all, she was at the end of her life’s journey and she wanted to see Palpatine pay for crossing her like that.

What angered her that he would resort to such a thing. It was base and showed no respect for her. As if she would not have helped him otherwise.

Normally Jori would have said that it was just business as usual, but here it was Kuat’s future on the line.

It was probably Palpatine’s intention to take her out of her comfort zone. Make her stumble. So she had to calm down and just play the game. His last and costly mistake showed that he was fallible after all.

“Exiting hyperspace.” the Captain announced.

Jori paused for a second then nodded “Prepare my shuttle.” she said simply “And hail whoever is in charge down there.”

The Captain saluted and was about to spin on his heel to carry out her orders. “Keep a commando unit on standby, just in case.” she added and prepared to leave for the turbolift.

Let the games begin.

TAG: @Sinrebirth anyone else over Korriban

15. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth and @JediMasterAnne

IC: Han Solo, Ben Solo, Feyna Organa-Chume, Prince Isolder, Lumpawaroo (Lumpy), Lady Galney/Abeloth

Han had to shake his head after Ben's explanation. He was hearing voices in his head? Yeah not good, especially since one of them was Palpatine.

And he'd made a new name for himself? What was Ben playing at?

And...why was he listening in to a conversation between Isolder and Galney. He wod keep the comlink on but muted from his side. He didn't want them hearing this.

"So first of all you have voices in your head, you gave yourself a new name and then decided hang on ya know what i'll do? I'll go and play bait and seek with Palpatine".

He shook his head "I've done a load of crazy stuff in my lifetime but there is no way in hell you were goin' to face him. He will cut you to pieces''.

"And you've also decided to reveal your parentage to the whole galaxy…"

Feyna had tucked the blaster Isolder had slipped her, into her sleeve; he hadn't exactly detailed a plan to her, or verbally expressed his concerns, but something still wasn't adding up with Galney. Feyna almost wanted to check the back of the woman's neck, for one of those implants like Doman had had, but she couldn't do so without being obviously suspicious. And Galney was covered with bacta patches.

"I think we're still a ways from perfect," she replied to Galney's comment.

"What happened with the MPs?" She made the question sound concerned. "We could hear the blaster fire."

Ben pulled a face. "It's my parentage, Dad. It was kept from me for long enough. I don't want people whispering behind my back. I am me, and if they don't like it, they can stuff it."

He was well into petulant teenager mode here, even as the comlink carried on.

Galney replied silkily, flicking her hair slightly so that Feyna could actually see there was no coral implant, almost naturally, as she spoke to the Queen Mother. "I managed to appeal to their better natures, actually. They disagreed about shooting a little woman, especially one already twice injured, and they shot each other!"

She sounded positively pained.

"It was awful, because none of the brave souls who sided with me survived."

Isolder nodded automatically. That was, annoyingly, a perfectly reasonable view of things.

But he couldn't shake it. There was something wrong. He had one other point, but it was Feyna's question, and he wanted to let her respond to her own line of thought.

Feyna couldn't find fault with the story--but Galney's version was the only one they had; it wasn't like they could ask the dead guards. And there was no implant. But something still wasn't feeling right.

"You just don't quite seem yourself, since then," she said. "Perhaps it's just stress and overexertion, with the extent of your injuries, but I wonder if we ought to have a medic check you out."

"That may be son, but there will be people quein' up to have your head on a plate. Bounties will be placed on you for what Zorn did. People will want revenge, or maybe some darksider like Palpatine will choose you to be his apprentice".

"I don't know if that's actually sunk into your brain yet son".

Meanwhile it seemed Feyna had joined in. Were they trying to maybe poke Galney? Han kept one ear on it.

Ben shook his head. "We're going to win this war, and we'll make everything right. If I'm a hero, and I've proven myself, nobody is going to come after me. If they do, I'll be a fully trained Jedi Knight." He stood. "You would just rather I hid from it all."

In the room, Galney twitched. "I don't see why that is necessary, ma'am, I have been to the medics several times now -"

"Actually," Isolder said drily. "You haven't. You self-medicated, according to the Star Home medics, even after you were stabbed by a lightsaber. Apparently you insisted. The medic just chalked it down to shock and intended to check-in with you later, but then you were shot... and again, it seems, during the scuffle with those MPs."

He indicated the additional bacta patches.

She was staring daggers at him now.

"So either you're a remarkable healer..."

He tensed slightly, and hoped Feyna would see he intended to draw his weapon -

"Or you're hiding something from us," Feyna finished. Her hand slipped into her sleeve, ready to draw the blaster if she needed to…

Now Han had two problems. Ben having a strop and it seemed Feyna and Isolder could be in trouble again.

"So what, you're just goin' to start chargin' in everywhere? Ya know I did that a lot, and heaven knows how many times I escaped scrapes''.

"But as a Jedi, you gotta be smarter. Nobody is invincible, and do you want me to lose you? You are my son. What about Xav? Do you reckon she wants to see you hurt?"

Galney smiled.

The corners of her lips seemed to continue to turn up, and the twinkle in her eyes grew brighter, as her pupils expanded until the rest of gaze was black. Her teeth seemed to sharpen.

“I spent all this time making sure I was perfectly beside you, making sure you were safe, and served…” Galney sighed slightly. “I just wanted to see how I could be as loved as you.”

She slowly stood, her hair turning grey and the transformation becoming more pronounced. Isolder had his blaster in his hand by now.

[​IMG]

“Run, Feyna!” Isolder shouted -

Ben hesitated. “No, I don’t want Mom to suffer.” His voice was smaller.

Feyna was on her feet, blaster drawn, but not firing yet.

What is she? This wasn't a Vong, nor one of the Aurra clones; she hadn't set off Qwi or Beaumont's 'Vong-sense,' and Ben hadn't seemed to have noted anything off about her...

Feyna had started backing toward the door, but she didn't want to leave Isolder to face this...creature, alone--"Come on!"

"We are goin' to face some battles ahead Ben" Han said "Just temper down the fierceness OK? You remind me of my younger self. Gettin' a little bit old and grey now".

"You will be a hero, just...try and not test your luck too much OK? You're a Solo now and you've got plenty of family who love you".

Hearing what was going on over the comlink "Speakin' of which, looks like your aunt needs rescuing again"' he called to Lumpy "Hey pal, might need to speed up on those repairs, might need to get the Falcon ready!"

He waved at Ben to follow him "Come on kid, we've got someone to go blast".

Isolder fired and the woman creature took the shot in the forehead - her head flinched back but it came back around. “Prince Isolder,” Galney crooned.

“That was rude.”

Isolder shot her again, this time in the chest.

No effect.

Ben leapt up, lightsaber in hand already. Lumpy had the Falcon prepped but came to the seating area with his bowcaster. He growled that he still had a trace on Feyna’s comlink.

“Come on, we need to go!” Ben shouted, taking one of the proffered trackers.

So much for their blasters being of any use...the woman just seemed to absorb the shots--which also seemed to explain how she'd survived her various other injuries.

Feyna remembered, when they'd found the first Aurra clone, back at the palace, Galney had gotten caught by the stun blast Feyna had fired at the clone. Would stunning her still work?

Feyna switched her blaster over, pointing it at the woman--but she still didn't fire. Feyna would defend herself or her husband, if it actually came to it, but even though Isolder had landed two shots, the creature hadn't yet actually tried to attack them.

"Who are you?"

Han drew his blaster and followed Ben.

Whomever it was hassling Feyna, they were about to get a big surprise.

She grinned, her arms having split into tentacles. One lashed out, knocking Isolder’s weapon out of his hand. “I am Abeloth. Perhaps the Jedi told you of me?”

They had; in the reports about the deaths of Grandmaster Ood Bnar and Master Kyle Katarn. A monster trapped in the Maw by ancient Force Gods. But she’d been reported killed by Masters Renn and Vhardia and then-Padawan Leia, fifteen years ago -

“I needed a new body. A more politically useful one. A beloved one.” She licked her lips. “Which is why I had to keep you alive, no?”

At that, the door opened and revealed Ben, Lumpawaroo and Han -

Ben’s eyes widened. “What in the Force is that -“

Han looked at the creature in front of him. It was hideous.

"I find askin' questions in these sorts of situations is not a good idea" Han said, raised his blaster and began firing at the creature's body.

Feyna shook her head at the woman, and fired a stun blast at her. She didn't think it would work, though.

She remembered hearing mention of Abeloth before, but she couldn't recall the exact details of how Renn and Vhardia and Leia had defeated her last time.

Abeloth twisted and turned around the blaster bolts, kill or stun, mostly unfazed. Lumpy growled at Isolder to duck, and fired an explosive quarrel at her.

It blew a hole in her chest, and she tumbled back. But she stood quickly enough, leering manically and with a flex of her limbs bodily slammed the Wookiee into the wall and into unconscious oblivion. Ben was upended by the swat of Lumpy, and his lightsaber tumbled to the ground as he landed on his face, wincing.

Abeloth gathered herself and leapt at Feyna -

Ben threw out a hand and a Force push slammed out, throwing back the chairs before her -

But Abeloth powered through without issue and landed in-front of Feyna, almost instantly ensnaring her in tentacles - her neck, arms, face -

Isolder cried out and lunged at Abeloth and she slapped out a limb and knocked him back -

Her head turned an unnatural angle to look at Han -

No, you will not take me, Feyna thought, struggling against the creature's grasp. She couldn't get a good shot this close, so she dropped her blaster and tried to kick it to Isolder. Lumpy's bowcaster had had the best effect, though. Ben hadn't had a chance with his lightsaber yet, either...

"You. Get. The. Hell. Off. Her" Han growled as he aimed at the creature's head and began firing.

He was determined to wipe that look off her face. And maybe it would give Ben time to grab his blade back and use it.

He wouldn't worry about Lumpy or Isolder for now.

Han’s shots didn’t seem to phase Abeloth as she turned her head back to Feyna and pulled her face closer. It was only when Han’s shot passed through her jaw did Abeloth turned and her free hand ensnare the Corellian in a net of tentacles. She caught his wrists and crushed them until the hands opened, dropping the blaster, and then she sought purchase on Han’s throat -

Feyna’s kicking did nothing to the Goddess as the tentacle tips tried to push apart her lips, and she rolled her neck to use a Force motion to throw Isolder back at the wall as he rushed her -

The Queen Mother was so close she could see the black ichor writhing under the pulsating tentacles surface, ready to pump into Feyna, as she squeezed Han to the edge of a blackout -

Then Ben leapt up and slashed the arm holding Han at the shoulder -

Pained at last, with an ethereal scream Abeloth shook free Feyna and threw her at Isolder -

And then whipped her remaining arm around to club Ben back to the rear of the room. She dropped to the floor and clattered toward him as if a kind of spider, ignoring the rest of them -

Feyna picked herself up, relieved at being released from Abeloth's grip, but now they had to help Ben. She went for the nearest weapon and started shooting at the creature's head.

Han was possibly thinking his Solo luck might have run out. The creature was literally choking him and had crushed his wrists so hard he might have either broken wrists or hairline fractures.

His blaster had dropped to the floor and there was no way he could help Feyna now. He couldn't struggle and he couldn't fight.

He heard Ben's lightsaber sizzle and cut one of the tentacles. Han was dropped and he collapsed to the ground on his back wheezing, coughing and gasping for breath.

And with the pain in his hands so strong he didn't know if he could pick up his blaster.

He was currently going nowhere.

The weapon that Feyna gripped was the bowcaster of Lumpawaroo and it took a shot at Abeloth - who flicked out a tentacle and caught the quarrel. It exploded in her grip but she crushed the fireball with the Force, looking back at Feyna with hungry eyes.

Those eyes took in Han as he struggled to recover, moved on -

Ben was struggling to his feet and then Abeloth was atop him, planting her stump of an arm on his throat and tipping him over. She had used a powerful Force push on Feyna to shove her back - up into the air and down again into and through the door - and then whipped around to try and push her tentacles into young Ben’s face -

“Drink, drink the nectar of the Gods -“

Han rolled over onto his stomach and saw what was going on. Feyna had gone flying which angered him even more, Lumpy was still down and now Ben was in deep trouble.

No one hurts my family…

Still wheezing for breath he managed to make his way over to his blaster and wincing in pain managed to grab it, but his grip was shaky due to the immense pain.

He didn't hesitate; he just started pumping shots into the creature's body until his blaster beeped at him to say it was running low.

Winded from the impact of going through the door, Feyna stumbled back to her feet and back into the room in time to see Abeloth was going for Ben now.

No, she can't have him, either. Han had already loosed a barrage of blaster shots on the woman. Feyna picked up Lumpy's bowcaster again--she'd dropped it when she'd been thrown at the door--and released another quarrel to join Han's fire.

Abeloth erected a wall between them and her and went to take Ben as her new body.

You can’t have him.

Feyna and Han and Ben would hear that.

Palpatine’s voice.

There was a scream and Abeloth was hurled back. She crashed between Feyna and Han and rushed back up, clearly panicked, and she swept Han off his feet. She spun to face Feyna, her tentacles spreading out with the final intention to end this and take Feyna’s body once and for all -

Ben was laying on the field, injured by the attack on his body.

He took an underarm swing to hurl his lightsaber towards Han -

But Feyna of course still had that bowcaster -

Feyna heard Palpatine's voice, and heard Abeloth scream--she thought it was Abeloth; had Ben thrown her back? Feyna wasn't clear on what had happened.

Abeloth landed hard between her and Han, and began advancing on Feyna again.

Feyna still had no intention of being taken, and she fired the bowcaster again.

What the?

Palpatine! And for real this time. You're not gettin' him either Han snarled back.

Feyna was having about as much luck as he was in trying to take Abeloth down. Which was not much.

When Abeloth landed she kicked Han in the head and he saw stars. The blaster dropped again from his pained hands. But in his confused state he could see something heading towards him. Something silver.

Ben's blade.

Han managed to catch it with a pained yelp as his hand closed around it. And then with one last growl swept the blade up towards the creature.

Abeloth rued her misfortune. Without a Forceful body, she was considerably weaker than she would be say if she had one with the Force. A powerful body such as that of Ben Solo or Rey Palpatine made her Godly, and she would thus have the potential to take multiple bodies - many avatars.

But Galney? She was simply useful because of how close she was to Queen Mother Feyna, who was formidable for a different reason than say Renn, Vhardia and Barriss Ofee. She was resolute, and she had her friends - the Heroes.

Maddened, she leapt at Feyna even as the woman hefted the bowcaster up. It fired; and took Abeloth at point blank range in the forehead -

Galney’s head exploded, and the body hesitated on its feet. But because it was a puppet, all Abeloth did was simply lift the arm and fasten her remaining tentacles upon Feyna’s face and put every erg of her strength into pouring herself into the woman -

But a lightsaber hacked through the body's spine, and Abeloth found there was nothing left to control. With no head, no skeleton, and even no heart - for Han’s legendary Solo luck had caught even that with his swing - the body couldn’t be possessed because it no longer functioned.

And so with a scream as the body died and a part of her essence dissipated into the void, Abeloth fled back to her main body -

And left Feyna and Han and Ben and Lumpawaroo and Isolder to pick up the pieces.

Feyna had a few seconds of terror, of fearing that Abeloth had won, even though Feyna's shot with the bowcaster was true. But a flash of blue, and Abeloth screamed again as her host died, the spine transected and the heart pierced by the lightsaber.

Feyna fell free as Abeloth seemed to vanish, and, after a few moments of reassuring herself that she was herself, that Abeloth was really gone, she set the bowcaster down and moved to check on Isolder. She looked around to Han and Ben as well--Lumpy still seemed to be unconscious. "Is everyone okay?"

Han breathed a sigh of relief as the creature died, well Galney did by the look of it.

He rolled on his back, his head was killing him. Lumpy, Ben and Isolder were still down and he was joining them.

He looked to Feyna with his trademark half smile "That's three you owe me kid".

Han then fell unconscious.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  16. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Nola Deidder
    In orbit above Korriban

They'd barely arrived, and already they were taking fire, Admiral A'baht was dead, and the bridge was devolving into confusion.

Nola was not a military commander. Nor was Del. Yet the crew was looking to them for orders.

Vua had identified Palpatine and Nas Choka's flagships, both tempting, high-value targets...there were other ships arriving as well, but rather than engaging the Vong in orbit, they were--going around? "Where are they going?" Nola wondered aloud. Did the newcomers know something they didn't?

"If we leave, we may never get another opportunity like this," she pointed out to the captain.

She didn't know if they could beat the Vong here--A'baht had already noted that they were outmatched--but perhaps they could still do some damage.

TAG: @Sinrebirth anyone else at Korriban

17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ka'rta
    Ithor

Losses were mounting many of their forces were lost taking a holonet receiver and now more were being lost taking herd ships to safety. She snarled tearing into another coral skipper. This was not what she expected though her core group of fighters were making excellent points. Why would Palpatine attack here, and in such numbers, then only attack certain points that were not of any military significance? It was odd, though there was also balancing their stated mission. The News from Korriban also troubled her. What was Owen doing there, seeing the Bounty hunters' ships leave from his vessel gave her the answer. He was helping her little runaway. Things were getting worse over there but, she wouldn't intervene to save her daughter, though she might to make sure that Palpatine was dead...he was in her territory. Sith or not, Korriban and the other Sith homeworlds were in her Iron Empire and she would not just let them waltz in and take what they want, though for now, she needed to secure Mandalore's independence for the future and that meant taking as many of these ships as possible.

"Continue protecting the ships we need as many as we can get. Once that is done…" She paused weighing her options. "We will remain and fight take as many Vong as we can, but once we cross the line of acceptable losses we pull out, understand." She didn't like the uncertainty, the way Palpatine was acting there must have been a plan...and if Mandalore the Silent was involved at Korriban, she would hold the dark lord there until Ka'rta could arrive and kill the monster. "Scouts, keep an eye on the situation, and prepare to engage, I'll arrive shortly to mop up...if there's anything left for us to pick up."

Tor
    Korriban

"Frack." the team leader called out as they descended towards the surface of the sith homeworld. Black was taken out scratching another heavy hitter from her team. She grabbed at Aden's shoulder pulling him back into the chair holding him fast to the passenger seat. They just needed to get to the surface, they just needed to get within sight of the man himself. Her heart was cold to the death around her, it was more an annoyance at this point. All that mattered was wiping out this mark on her ledger.

They landed and Tor pushed Aden out in front of her and Mirta. He knew the way and he would lead them, with a blaster ready to shoot him in the back should he displease her. They moved up to the Balconies where Tor took up her place, with her fellow Mandalorian beside her. Jango Fett's pistol was in her hand, the other rested on a glop grenade. It'd worked the first time, maybe now with the excessive firepower...If Baraduk and Nell lived up to their reputations, would tip the balance into her favor and she could finally put all of this to rest.

Though the question remained with Graul out of the way was she ready for what came next, was she prepared for the showdown between herself and her mother? Was she ready to take the throne that was given to her? Had she really shown it with this outing? Or was this the last hurrah of her freedom, the last act of a desperate hunter before settling down into an administrative position?

That would have to wait...if she survived this last fight.

She spotted her target weapon ready, though there seemed to be interlopers.

"Hold," She whispered, "We follow Graul we will be his shadows, no one else matters. And we do not want to get involved with whatever else is going on. Kill Graul, that is all we want done, and as simply as possible."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence @HanSolo29

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Leia Skirata-Linnett, Madelyn Linnett
    Korriban

Leia watched, her eyes reflecting the battle around them as Almira started to quite them through the battle.She tried to keep her senses on anything but the destruction and the death around them, but soon found it hard to focus. Leia had a hard time sensing anyone or anything besides Almira, and the people who were losing their lives around them. She reached over and grabbed the back of Almira's seat, leaning forward as the cold of the darkside of the force felt like a wall in front of her. She glanced at Almira, and hesitated before she spoke.

"We have to find a way to turn the tide." Leia said softly, and for a moment she wondered how they could even do that. It made her wish her mother was here.

Madelyn in the meantime had navigated her way through the battle, desperate to find Palpatine, to find her daughter amost the carnage. She reached out with the force, trying to block out and ease the death she felt around her, and focus on finding Leia for now, She tried to control her breathing, until she felt a little beacon of light that she knew was her daughter. Madelyn glanced in the direction, and reached out with the force.

Leia. You need to focus. I'm right here with you.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @Darth Cocytus @JediMasterAnne @Adalia-Durron

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is approved by the GM.

IC: Sistros

Approaching the Courtyard, the Cloister, Korriban

As Sistros strode through the ruins of the dilapidated structure toward the central courtyard, his mind continued to wander. He knew that such a distraction could prove detrimental, but he couldn’t dismiss the medical droid’s words. They continued to roil with his turbulent thoughts, causing his chest to clench so tightly that he felt physical pain. It was enough to take his breath away—and rightly so. Four-Dee had just informed him that he had uncovered his mother.

His mother.

After all these years, he couldn’t fathom why she would reach out to him now. She had meant the stars to him, serving as both his rock and protector when he had sat cowering in his father’s shadow, and yet—hadn’t she refused to return his inquiries when he had needed help after the events of the First Civil War? Hadn’t she also shunned him, cutting off all contact so that their relationship had deteriorated beyond repair?

The only reason that he had relented to Four-Dee’s machinations was the droid’s promise to provide answers. Despite his inner demons, Sistros still cared. He cared deeply for his entire family, and he wouldn’t want to abandon any of them to a terrible fate. That’s why he was doing this—to keep them safe. It was imperative that he emerge victorious from this trial to guarantee that outcome.

He pulled on that for strength as he strode deeper into the structure, his hand trailing idly along the crumbling corridors. The darkness at the very heart of this world pulsed beneath his fingertips, along with another presence that seemed to echo along that very same frequency—a malevolent and evil force that served as the source of his indignation.

Of course, he would not utter the Black-Coat’s name, but he could tell by the subtle shift in the Force that the man had reached his destination. That brought a wan smile to Sistros’ lips; he had him exactly where he wanted him.

As an extra incentive, the Emperor had also ensured that he left enough of a trail to lead the mysterious warriors—who had tracked his descent from the damaged prison ship—directly to the courtyard. That was why he had purposely imbued the walls with his touch; the more chaos and confusion he sowed, the greater his advantage.

This is bad. This is bad. This is bad, the Sistros Holocron began to recite to himself from within the folds of his jacket.

"Hush," the Emperor stated simply, pressing against the pyramidal artifact to calm him.

And so, Sistros approached the courtyard with measured steps, his expression an impassive mask as his gaze fell upon the vaunted Holocrons for the first time. There were twelve of them in all, each one perched on its own pedestal at the center of the plaza. His eyes burned with desire, even as their power rippled through the Force and percolated with his own. Immediately, his flesh began to crawl as if a surge of electricity had coursed through his body, urging him forward to claim his prize…

But before he could emerge from the shadows, he inclined his chin and noticed the cloaked figure milling around on the opposite side of the courtyard. He recognized the Master instantly, and while he was also seemingly captivated by the Holocrons, that was inconsequential in Sistros’ mind.

In one smooth motion, he reached into his tunic and produced a small holdout blaster. He afforded his actions no thought as he squeezed the trigger and tapped into the Force to augment his aim, guiding the red bolt of plasma into the Black-Coat’s hip to incapacitate him.

He started forward to finish the job, but then he hesitated, his danger sense triggering an icy chill that traveled down the length of his spine. Pursing his lips, Sistros canted his head to sample this new sensation, reaching out with the Force to probe beyond the surface of the material realm to identify the source.

There were several presences above and around him in the courtyard ahead. Some he recognized from the brawl on Bakura, their deep resolve and fanatical hatred evident to him through the recesses of his awareness. No doubt they were the same assassins who had targeted his family. How resourceful that they would follow him here, traversing halfway across the galaxy on a circuitous path to enact their revenge. He had a notion that they had not pulled off such a feat on mere talent alone; they likely had assistance.

That’s when he felt it, a strong presence that radiated within his mind’s eye like a pulsar ready to explode. It was familiar, yet distant; a spiritual bond forged on the ruins of Bakura that inherently linked him to the young man known as Aden Kya.

Sistros sneered at the realization, his gaze traveling up toward the second-level balcony. It was quiet, though he knew he was up there, huddling alongside his assassin companions.

There were…others—further above, watching and waiting—but right now, his attention was solely on Kya.

'I see you,' he conveyed through their bond, his tone dripping with malice and disdain. 'Ever the impatient one. Did I not promise to come for you? You could not wait for my timing, but instead, you have aligned yourself with these ignorant fools for…what? Fame? Praise? No, you had a specific purpose in mind. Why else would you come here with a bunch of savage brutes...except to betray me?'

With a growl, Sistros abruptly trailed off and followed through by drilling a shard of intense pain into the boy’s mind; it was a precursor to the suffering he was about to endure for his insolence.

Raising his hands toward the crimson sky, he then called on the Force to exert pressure on the support beams holding the balcony in place. With a swift, downward motion, Sistros brought the entire platform crashing down to the courtyard below, paying extra care to angle a rather large piece of masonry atop the Master himself.

A billowing cloud of dust and debris rushed out from the source of impact, engulfing the scene into chaos.

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @darthbernael; @Darth Cocytus; @galactic-vagabond422; @Mitth_Fisto; @TheAdmiral; @Adalia-Durron

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST ONE OF FIVE

NORTH

OUTER RIM

IC: The Black-Coat

Battle of Korriban, within the Cloister

He took one look at the man who no longer called himself Skelm, but that's all he saw.

The Darkness that Joren Graal had succumbed to, recreated time and time again in the corrupted embrace of Sistros, and then, over time, Graal had became Graul.

The Black-Coat had seen it many, many times over.

And now, he was here for him.

He had to try and reach the man, try one more time.

He'd failed with Vale's reincarnations, and of course Vydra and Dunkeel remained in their Statues...

... he stepped back, trying to stay out of the way of the Kaminoan's for the moment -

He spread his arms and sought a metaphorical embrace of all the good in the man...

And then he was shot.

The Black-Coat tumbled back, tripping over a pedestal and wincing in pain.

And then the first level caved in above him.

He was buried.

Lovely.

Well.

Best to just blackout and roll with it.

And so he did, before the pain overwhelmed him.

His booted feet projected from the edge of the rubble.

---
    Holocron Room

A moment before it happened, Aden felt the twinge of connection and swore.

"He's found us!"

A moment later the balcony collapsed, bringing with it a degree of the rooms involved. It brought down with it most of the bounty hunter team - Almira and Leia with it.

Aden tumbled and used the Force to catch them all, but the debris sealed everyone in the Courtyard that had swept into it.

The Knights of Ren; Adalia, Kyp, Xundel; Aryan Graul; Cocytus and Kina Ha and Faya Ne; Soliloquy and his fellow Holocrons.

Darth Sidious and Onimi.

And as for Tor?

She would not immediately fall, not like the others, but only just.

She wasn't visible though, no.

There was nothing to say she was there at all, with the greasy Taozin nodule in her possession.

The others had been sensed, yes, but not her.

Of course, Madelyn swept down below and would see the litter of ships - at the north entrance, the downed Dipyramid, the landed Kaminoan shuttle, and a Yuuzhan Vong coral ship... at the south entrance, the personalised craft that looked like an oversized Jedi Starfighter from before the Clone Wars, the Bakuran yacht which was preparing to leave, the idle dungeon ship...

There were plenty of people inside that building.

There was a wall of rock between her and her daughter; she could sense that.

She had to get in and now.

It was bad; the Force told her that much.

There were a swirl of memories of this place; she would remember her other self, years younger, fighting upon Korriban around this very cloister, with a Star Destroyer, the Resurrection, hanging in orbit and directing a Sith cult...

For his part, the Emperor regarded absently the tumbling of the cloister and only cared insofar as much as he was sure that the building wasn't about to tumble down; it wasn't, it was as much part of the Valley as within it, and so the damage that Aryan Graul had caused was minimal.

Of course, it would cause its own problems.

Almira landed besides a Holocron pedestal and knocked it over, the Nightsister and lover of Leia Skirata-Linnett jumping over to catch Soliloquy -

Nobody wanted a Holocron to explode and release a Sith spirit into all this!

Panicked, Aden Kya raised his hands and released a torrent of lightning at Palpatine -

The Emperor simply blew the flesh off his bones.

Kina Ha shouted at Cocytus to run, to find the Black-Coat -

Onimi leapt upon her, biting and clawing and she collapsed under poison.

The Knights of Ren rushed Adalia, Kyp and Xundel in a team, five lightsaber-wielding foes. None of them were very strong in the Force, and they swung their weapons.

One for Kyp's neck -

One for Adalia's left, another her right -

One stabbed down at Xundel -

One leapt over them; Jaedec, his blade weaving a defensive pattern as Mirta overreacted and took a shot at him -

The Holocron of Sistros hissed, it was indicating in Aryan's mind the ones to take - the Holocron of Ergast, the Black Holocron and the Dark Holocron.

There wasn't much cover here, apart from moving debris aside as a shield -

The Emperor turned his White Eyes to take in the Holocrons and the various parties fighting here.

There was a shudder between Soliloquy and Cocytus as they recognised that they would know each other, or perhaps... one of them would know the other?

A finger quirked and Cocytus would feel a binding around his throat.

His gaze absently swept over Leia, and her foresight showed her an image of her impaled by a pedestal thrown at her by the Sith Lord -

That vision was delivered to Madelyn too!

Palpatine, in-person, he was powerful.

Incredibly so.

---
    The Roof

”Fealty...has a much better ring to it than immediate surrender and demands that our forces be used against those that are stronger than them, in our home systems.”

"I do not believe your ‘friends’ know Eriaduans or Kuati very well. Neither society is one that takes such direct threats well. Especially when an old friend knows the reason the representatives of those worlds have come because our granddaughter was brought here.”

The Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster glared at Tarkin. "Fine. Mince your words, politician, but your fealty is acceptable, in the form of surrender." His amphistaff straightened and the spear-like end was pointed at Jori's neck. "She was brought here from Bakura - saved from an assassination attempt by the Supreme Overlord." He indicated Ike, who was keeping to the back of the discussion and waved lamely.

"Is that not sufficient?"

As Kuat of Kuat's own shuttle settled upon the roof to join them, Nas Choka reoriented and glowered. "My fleet arrives at Kuat shortly. Encourage them to join with the Yuuzhan Vong as decreed by the Supreme Overlord. Palpatine has already promised you that you will reap untold rewards for the duration of your life."

A villip chattered to him on his shoulder. His eyes blazed. "A Kuati dreadnought has arrived." His eyes took in Tarkin. "Do you too bring ships to negotiate your part in events?"

That self-same angry gaze took in Aurrenna. "Have you not prepared the land? Or is it just your irrelevant Outer Rim world you offer?"

Beneath them, the balconies and part of the first floor had tumbled into the Courtyard, and a battle commenced. Nas Choka looked to Ike and Aurrenna. "Get down there and assist our Supreme Overlord."

Ike looked panicked, like he'd never fought a day in his life.

---
    In orbit, aboard the Trucemaker, bridge

The question of Nola sounded out, and a sensor scan revealed the truth as the Fourth Fleet was embattled.

The officer held his tongue, but did as told. It wasn't the first time he had encountered orders he did not understand.

"It's a small building, we have multiple contacts," he confirmed. "The Grandmaster's X-wing has gone to ground there, as have a collection of personal freighters and ships, including Bakuran and Kaminoan designs, as well as Kuati, Eriaduan and Yuuzhan Vong."

Del piped up. "So some are there to fight... and some are there to ingratiate themselves to their ruler."

"Sir?" The aide said. "There is zero reason for a Kuati or Eriaduan ship to be there. The bounty hunters, well, they're after a score. Which means collaborators or marks. Neither of which are on our side. The Grandmaster? That means there is a Force user on-world, a bad one. Which means we need to be worried about it too." Del looked to Nola. "Madelyn would go after Palpatine."

"Which means..."

"... that's where he is," Del finished.

The Trucemaker rumbled again.

"But its on the other side of the Yuuzhan Vong line. If we push ships to target a ground location, we're going to lose most of the fleet getting there," the aide said, worriedly.

"That's my recommendation," Del said, shrugging - though mid-shrug he he had to find his footing as the Star Destroyer took a hit.

"Sirs!" Another officer spoke up. "We've detected a chain of HoloNet relays running from the edge of the system out of the black-out zone. They are on arrival vectors from Kuat and Eriadu!"

"We've also detected a Kuati Mandator-class dreadnought! It's holding off at the edge of the battle, but a shuttle went to the surface."

Del was surprised at that. "Kuat was holding out on us, hiding a ship like that... they're definitely collaborating." He spoke up. "Can we send a signal via the relays?"

"Not yet, sir. Working on it."

He looked at Korriban's surface behind the two worldships, watched the casualties increasing, even with the help of two Jedi X-wing squadrons.

"I think we need to go for it, Nola. If that dreadnought joins in, we're done."

"Senator?" The aide looked back to her. Technically, she was the mission leader as the diplomat, after all.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @HanSolo29 @darthbernael @Mitth_Fisto @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @Darth Cocytus @Adalia-Durron (singles) but @JediMasterAnne (combo)
    ---
    IC: Tech

Battle of Ithor

"Scouts, keep an eye on the situation, and prepare to engage, I'll arrive shortly to mop up...if there's anything left for us to pick up."

The scouts did their bit, reporting both the arrival of a Kuati dreadnought - which was assisting neither the Fourth Fleet or the Yuuzhan Vong - and that they had picked up a chain of HoloNet relays running through the blackout zone, as if purposely abandoned.

They also confirmed they'd managed to slice into the New Republic feed and they were pretty sure that a group of bounty hunters had gone to ground, along with Kuati, Bakuran, Kaminoan and other personal ships, as well as dungeon ship, a Yuuzhan Vong coralcraft, and a dipyramid that escaped definition. They weren't sure why, but there they were.

The herd ships finally made it to hyperspace with a single further loss.

Tech made use of the time to complete his analysis.

"The baffor trees!" He suddenly exclaimed.

"In more words, Tech," bit Kast. She wasn't happy they'd stayed whatsoever.

"They're targeting the groves, not Ithor wholesale."

"They sent a whole fleet to hit trees?" Ordo was baffled.

Crosshair spoke up, as sharp as ever. "Did we take any herd ships with these trees aboard?"

There was silence across the comms, save for the occasional cry out as a Bessie died to a plasma ball.

The Yuuzhan Vong were allocating more and more ships to the battle, as they completed their other objectives -

"Yes," Tech said. "Three of the herdships had those trees aboard them."

"Mand'alor?" Jaing said. "I reckon we're gonna be followed back to Mandalore if we've taken some of the trees too."

"More defensive operations," seethed Kast.

Of course, the courier network carried to Ka'rta that a Mandator had arrived in-system... and that the Fourth Fleet was getting a pasting by the Yuuzhan Vong.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE TWO OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

EAST

IC: Beaumont Kin

Hyperspace

It was a long journey to the Outer Rim, only began when their ship left the Star Home as it arrived at Kuat. Beaumont left it to Qwi to leave a message for Feyna, if she thought it necessary - they’d made clear their position enough times by their comings and going’s.

Their coral ship arrived above Kesh and there was a jolt of anticipation. The world had a peculiar magnetic field by their ship adapted to it. Beaumont stroked the inner hull. “Well done, boy.”

The ship writhed happily in the background of their minds, and descended to Tahv, the Keshiri capital. The Circle of Protectors was gathered, clearly debating the events that had led to the departure of the Lost Sith.

Presiding over the event was the Keshiri Korelei, a Protector High Lord. They signalled in the Force for them to come to Tahv; excitement filled the world, clearly the Keshiri could not wait to hear back from their heroes.

Beaumont grinned. “Home sweet home.”

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE THREE OF FIVE

SOUTH

INNER RIM

IC: Abeloth-Rey

Skirmish at Jakku

The Destructor turned to face Barriss.

Abeloth was not afraid.

She was almighty, and Barriss was merely old.

The body of Rey Palpatine had infinite potential, and indeed she had purposely lied to hide the fact that she'd already taken a second avatar; the aide of Queen Mother Feyna Organa, the Lady Galney, so perfectly placed to study the woman, to protect her, to make her into the perfect galactic ruler, so beloved that nobody would suspect she was the Chaos Goddess, merely feeding upon the Fear of the masses.

With minimal effort she'd already killed Vhardia.

Now Renn had forsaken the Light and rooted himself to the ground, surrendering life in-exchange of his grief.

Undone by the greatest of blows.

Delicious.

Abeloth was about to take the Queen Mother, and also Barriss.

With three bodies, she would be unstoppable.

Not that she could be defeated after all.

With a grin, she turned, already having foreseen the Dagger of Mortis being ripped from the Jedi corpse to land perfectly in the former Jedi's hand -

Abeloth had already seen that she would be able to focus all her prodigious powers upon Barriss -

That she would fillet her out and use her knowledge to access Mortis and kill the New Father -

But then Abeloth experienced incredible pain - the death of her Galney body at the hands of Feyna, Isolder, Lumpawaroo, Han and Ben Solo -

Her form nearly leapt free from Rey in the pain spasm, and by the time she had managed to reassert control -

The Dagger of Mortis slid into her.

Abeloth screamed a scream of a thousand voices, all her innumerable victims of the Twilight Wars -

But... Barriss Ofee was nothing.

A nobody.

She couldn't be killed by...

Her...

The form of Abeloth slid off the body of Rey, her hands clutching the dagger lodged in her solar plexus.

The young woman gasped.

"Thank you, for - saving me."

Rey crumpled, and the Tho Yor confirmed what had happened.

You did it. Only you could do it. In the right place at the right time. The Father's grandson distracted Abeloth elsewhere, but you were the One to kill her.

The cables and ensnarement's released the old former Jedi.

The Neti Jedi was now nothing more than a tree; the woman who had fought and loved him, she was gone.

The bloody, sad, tableau was all that remained of the village, and all that Jakku now had to offer her.

What now?

With her hand on the Dagger of Mortis, she could sense the wrongness of the Force, that there was something terrible happening here. The Change, she now would understand, it had created a heretical timeline, but she'd never been sensitive enough to detect it. The Dagger? It was attuned to it.

It comes from Korriban, the Tho Yor confirmed.

Where else?

But would Barriss even care?

Would Vhardia keep trying to reach Renn?

Would Renn ever answer?

TAG: @CosmoHender (combo), @darthhelinith, @darthbernael (singles)

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST FOUR OF FIVE

THE INNER SYSTEMS

IC: Fyor Rodan

Battle of Corellia, continued

There were two pocket dreadnoughts and three thousand Corellian warships left.

And eight thousand five hundred Hand warships and the Cerberus remaining.

The shuttle carrying Grand Admiral Jerod headed to the station, a full deployment of 501st Stormtroopers with it, made up various species from the Unknown Regions. Corellian Deputy-Prime Minister Denjax Teppler was coming too with some two hundred CorSec troopers, various shuttles carrying them.

The two command shuttles landed, each with twenty troops aboard with their respective leaders while other hangars were occupied and the station prepared to be taken.

The hangar they arrived at was not the same one which Impetuous and Rebecca now occupied, but a Hand shuttle with twenty Stormtroopers was enroute, landing carefully and noting the fire damage and two parties. The shuttle troops did not disembark; not yet. An officer spoke over a speaker to them. "Identify yourself."

Centerpoint groaned, wishing to do something, anything, asking for the coded handler to act.

The irregularity was reported to Denjax and Jerod as they arrived, their comlinks chirping with the data message. Denjax frowned. "Who could that be -"

But the moment of peace didn't last.

Admiral Niriz had signalled a moment before it began.

Ships began to drop out of hyperspace.

Two whole fleets of them - Bothan Assault Cruisers, Commenori Star Destroyers, Tapani Fleet Carriers - the last of the Confederation Navy had just arrived. Ten thousand ships. They signalled their intentions by deploying fighters and landers -

They were here for Centerpoint too!

The station told Impetuous, but would he care?

The messy tableau played out to others, too, the arrivals of shadowed ships.

One was commanded by Tobias and Marana, of course. Centerpoint was at the center of tens of thousands of warships, but that didn't mean they couldn't damage it. The hand-picked Knights of Tobias were present, and though the GEMINI hive mind was terrified of Celestial technology, they provided millennia old blueprints, information on how best to sabotage Centerpoint Station -

To replace its navi-data, to increase its spin and tear it apart, to detonate the artificial sun within its heart, the so-called Glowpoint -

Their ship - or ships, depending on how much Tobias committed to the task, was poised above the battle field, stealth equipped, of course.

Vicrul had an air of expectation to it.

But it hadn't said a word.

Of course not; it did not want the Emperor's spouse to tittle-tattle.

What of Snerfu? Why, his people had free reign - five worlds, with most of the fleets busy above a space station at the edge of the habitable worlds. Though it laid between Tralus and Talus, the other three worlds, Corellia itself, Selonia, Drall - they were open and exposed to him and his people...

He could do as he wished at this stage.

His plans would come to fruition and his people and their own dominion could begin.

But then, twenty four X-wings appeared above Corellia.

Their Force potential shone to him - Jedi.

At least one of which was a Jedi Master.

Corran Horn surveyed his home system and swore.

TAG: @Narancia x 2, @Shadowsun, @Jerjerrod-Lennox (singles)
    ---
    IC: Ben Solo

Med-bay, Star Home, Kuat

They had arrived.

Of course, the Royal party was unconscious when they did, and would come to in the med-bay.

Feyna, Isolder, Han, Ben, Lumpawaroo.

When they did, the majority of their injuries were superficial, and Ben sat up and swung his legs off the bed.

But of course, they had much to discuss - especially with acting Chancellor Triebakk, who was present and looking, for a Wookiee, worried, his furry brow beetled.

What happened?

A simple rumble.

"Galney had been taken by a creature called Abeloth."

Winter chimed in, concerned. "The monster that possessed Master Kyle Katarn and contributed to the death of Grandmaster Ood Bnar?"

Triebakk had seen the reports on the events fifteen years too, and looked alarm.

"We killed her," said Ben. "Before she could take Feyna or even my body."

The most exhausted and potentially injured would be Han. Lumpy growled his concern.

"But she's dead now, or we killed that body." Isolder shook his head. "Abeloth was, by all reports, very powerful."

"Though it took her fifteen years to return, so we've at least brought ourselves some time?" Winter thought aloud.

Triebakk nodded, slowly. Force problems. In a series of yips and woofs, he conveyed that the Senate had ratified his position as Chancellor and Winter's as Vice Chancellor. That the Battle of Hapes was on-going, and that they'd lost touch with the Mid Rim. But this was not before a distress call from Ithor stated that the Mandalorians had attacked their world, targeting their herd-ships.

"Ka'rta doesn't strike me as the kind of woman to make a stab at galactic dominance during an invasion," Isolder said carefully.

Their comlinks chimed, it was a broad-spectrum high-ranking call, which was specific to the Inner Council - or rather, what was left of it. That meant Feyna, Isolder, Winter and of course Triebakk. The chime was doubled; there were two incoming calls.

Aiden Saxan, from Corellia, and Master Cilghal, from in-system.

Both were marked as priority urgent.

Triebakk rumbled for them both to be put through -

As Admiral Niathal called in from the Krakana, the Mon Calamari Star Defender in orbit with the Kuati Super Star Destroyer Guardian and of course the Hapan Seventh Fleet.

It was the Admiral who spoke first.

"We have Yuuzhan Vong in-system."

Five thousand ships, and a single worldship...

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: GEMINI

The Hive Mind

The shrinkage of the HoloNet no longer impacting them, the decline of even the Expansion Region did not, at present, concern them. Connected remotely to the ships that Tobias and Snerfu made use of - but not in control of them, for the Knights and the Herald's species operated their own vessels - the Eternal Emperor - the sole one, for all intents and purposes - could see the Battle of Corellia shape up.

The Corellians, the Hand, the Confederation...

... they were all coming together to seize Centerpoint Station.

His agents were deployed, and he would of course feel the Light depart Renn, seeking another host.

Without the Ones, the base elements of the Force had been split by the Change.

That was not to say that Bernael and Renn were the Dark and Light.

No, they were not. But they were parts of the Balance, which had been shattered by the death of Palpatine nearly five decades ago.

The True Light?

The True Dark?

They were elsewhere, as ever, not intervening, merely watching their representatives duel for supremacy.

Bernael would nonetheless sense the death of the Chaos Goddess Abeloth, which threatened to knock even more of the cosmic wheel off-kilter.

That Palpatine, the Great Destructor, he was pressing the galaxy into utter defeat.

Half the galaxy had been plunged into silence, galactic civilisation folding in on itself.

Within those lost worlds, the populace was abandoned, unable to function fully and resorting to violence to keep order, subject to coups, to uprisings, preyed upon by local warlords and growing pirate gangs.

The New Republic, Confederation, Empire of the Hand and the Eternal Empire essentially existed within the limited confines of the Inner Systems...

And yet, destruction reined upon the Southern Core - the Tapani nobility, Nubia, Thyferra, even as Corellia combusted, even as a climatic conflict raged at Hapes. Atrisia remained quiet, absently so, thousands of Eternal cruisers listing lazily, at least unworried that they would be disconnected from the hive mind as so many of their kin had been. Those isolated, abandoned ships would default to their programming; genocide. The systems of Bothan and Hutt Space were being devastated even as the GEMINI hive mind lamented the loss of its brothers and sisters to base madness, even as the former worlds of the Eternal Empire were burned by their former protectors.

All of this, Bernael knew.

And so too did the Wounds of Ike and Arb, and, between them, Zas'tel.

Eventually the three of them came to be, and the Defel stood before Bernael in his mind.

"So," he said, with part of Arb's drawl, with some of Sek'nos defiance, with some of parts of the others he had possessed in the years since Nouane. Bernale would have those memories of Balance - of N'Tael, of the endless centuries that Atin-Kot had been tortured, of everything and everyone between that the Balance had worked along before he met Bernael a millennium ago.

It all came to this.

"What's the plan? The End of Time seems pretty much a given now, dontcha think?"

TAG: @darthbernael (combo)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE FIVE OF FIVE

UNKNOWN REGIONS

IC: Admiral Voss Parck

Aboard the Admonitor, Fall of Nirauan

It was becoming a terrible grinding battle. The Hand had the capital ships, but the massed Terrors had numbers. Parck had already recalled all forces to defend the capital, following the instructions to shell Terror’s war capabilities into oblivion first.

But it wouldn’t be enough.

Not against the remainder of Nuvo Evsa’s Firekilns, Shree-class carriers, Tof bulk cruisers, Paskla ships, dart ships, Nikardun battle dreadnoughts and Lioaoin corsairs… thousands of ships.

Slowly but surely they were going to lose.

He would have signalled Grand Admiral Jerod, but he couldn’t reach the Corellian fleet. Esfandia must had been hit, probably by the Yuuzhan Vong.

The next best thing he could do was send Jagged Fel and Vanguard Squadron, with their hyperspace equipped clawcraft, to courier a message. It had to be done.

He could hold out, but not forever. He had troop ships and shuttles conveying the million Remnant refugees from Korilev to Nirauan, thankfully an in-system hop.

But how long he could last, that was not a question he could answer.

All they could do was fight for as long as possible.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (mention only)

25. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tobias Vox
    Contemplation...

Tobias had selected Knights that were most loyal to him, hand-picked from the ones he had trained personally. There was no doubt in his mind to their loyalty. He had picked ten in all, each of them he had invested heavily to, for moments like these where that invested repaid itself tenfold.

He had decided to take three ships for this assignment, any more would be unnecessary in Tobias's view. They were to destroy Centerpoint as quickly as possible, withdrawing as little attention to themselves as possible.

There was his own personal ship, a Raider II-Class Corvette, that was particularly suited for against small fighters such as X-wings and TIE fighters... and it was fast and maneuverable... well in comparison to ships of its size.

[​IMG]

This would be the ship he, Marana, and Snefru would all be on. Along with the Knights and any Anubi Snefru decided to accompany him. The other two ships would be two other Raider I-Class Corevettes situated on either side of the central command ship. Needless to say, they were massively out gunned by the numerous other ships that were there. But they were cloaked and beyond detection.

Tobias had made it a point to speak to Snefru before they arrived.

"Recall you gave me your word that you would aid me when I called for it?"

His eyes were stern, his mind whirring.

"That time comes soon, very soon. When it arrives you will know and then you must do as I ask... for else is to break your honor-bound code, do you understand?"

Earlier he had spoken to his hand-selected Knights on the secondary nature of their mission, of the plan Tobias would be waiting to enact... when the time was right when destiny called.

The plan it seemed was straightforward, stealthy board Centerpoint, change the navi-data so it would destroy itself, and then escape undetected into Hyperspace.

And so Tobias awaited the other two chiefs of this operation as he gathered his own ten Knights ready to depart unto Centerpoint itself.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Narancia